PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Rep points

Uthman
01-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Will we have reputation points on this forum?:-\

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sheikh Haroon
01-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Yeah kadafi, like we have them on understanding islam.

kadafi
01-03-2005, 09:21 PM
:sl:

Added ;)

Uthman
01-03-2005, 09:29 PM
Thanks! You're so cool!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aamirsaab
01-05-2005, 08:13 PM
how does the reputation points work and what do u get if u have lots or rep power (like 2000)

kadafi
01-06-2005, 09:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
how does the reputation points work and what do u get if u have lots or rep power (like 2000)

Every user starts with 10 reputation points.
There is a button (green scale) at the bottom of the the poster stats. Once you click it, a popup window will appear and lets a user add or minus to the poster's reputation.

If you make a good post with helpful information, and other users like it, then they can give you a good reputation, which gives you an extra reputation point. If you post a bad post (offensive/spam), and other people are offended or don't like it, then they give you a bad reputation, which takes a reputation point off you.

You get a green block for every (not sure number) reputations.

Bear in mind that you've to have atleast 40 posts to attribute reputation points to other users.

Wa'salaam

WomanOfJihad
01-06-2005, 11:34 PM
*FINALLY UNDERSTANDS THE SCORE*

took me 4 days to wrk this thing out .. finally i understand how it workss... hmm.. interestinggg.. never came across this thing before .. another Good Motivation!!

Brother_Mujahid
01-08-2005, 11:50 AM
the shops too bloomin rip off, the prices are extortionate........ im a miskeen in this land with my miserly rep money........ it'll take yrs,months, decades to save up 2,000 or so rep......... unless people are feeling charitable and give towards a good cause and share with me :confused: .

WomanOfJihad
01-08-2005, 02:21 PM
* Wonders how brother Kadafi n Khaldun managed to get 2000 points * :eek:

Uthman
01-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Cheaters, they are. Them and their desirable administrative powers:mad:

Twas' all in jest;)

Brother_Mujahid
01-08-2005, 04:04 PM
and us miskeen people have to work hard to gain our rep money :omg:

WomanOfJihad
01-08-2005, 05:25 PM
Cheaters, they are. Them and their desirable administrative powers:mad:

Twas' all in jest;)
Hmm..ADMINS ..wat have u got to say abt this .. :omg:

Uthman
01-08-2005, 05:30 PM
Hey, don't get me banned! I said I was joking!

kadafi
01-08-2005, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid
the shops too bloomin rip off, the prices are extortionate........ im a miskeen in this land with my miserly rep money........ it'll take yrs,months, decades to save up 2,000 or so rep......... unless people are feeling charitable and give towards a good cause and share with me

hehe, the reputation bar indicates for good articles, behaviour etc. Users can give you reputation if they like your posts/topics.

For instance, brother Osman or sis WomanJihad have posts exceeding the minimum limit (40 posts). Consequently, they've a reputation power of 1 which means that they're able to give reputation point of 1 to other users.

The credit part (yours is currently 10.12) is for purchasing some [cool] actions such as changing username, glowing username etc.

See here

As for admins possessing 2k reputation points, ----well, you know the old sayin'. The admins are always right! (hehe) ;)

Wa'salaam

WomanOfJihad
01-08-2005, 07:10 PM

As for admins possessing 2k reputation points, ----well, you know the old sayin'. The admins are always right! (hehe) ;)

^o) * Wish there was an emoticon for EYE DAGGER*

Uthman
01-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Couldn't agree more. ;) Speaking of emoticons, heres another suggestion. Do you have any control over what emticons you can have on the forums? Cos' if you do heres a lil' place to get way better ones :p

www.smileycentral.com ;) Just a suggestion of course. I'm not trying ta' be cheaky:-[

kadafi
01-08-2005, 11:11 PM
hehehehe,,

speaking about emoticons --

Since I completely have no taste when it comes to "unique" emoticons; why don't you guys create a new topic and post your favorate icons that you "borrowed" from other sites/forums so I can add them :)

Jazaka'Allah Khairun in advance

Wa'salaam

Khaldun
01-08-2005, 11:21 PM

*Khaldun has a reputation beyond repute* ( point towards my green bar hehe)

Whats soo wrong in letting the admins having such high rep power...surely it cant be nothing but good (hehe) :D

WomanOfJihad
01-08-2005, 11:51 PM
lol.. noo.. thats so totally unfairrrrr .. wat abt the Memberss poor thingg .. if we HAve to strive for those point .. then the ADmins shud Strive for it as well.. n not get alll them Auomatically just coz they r known to b " ADMINS" ...

*Admins shud learn from Members ...*

Khaldun
01-09-2005, 12:11 AM

*WomanofJihad is on a distingushed road* lol

I understand the point ur trying to raise sister, however what has been done has been done...and its Qadr Allah! lol so inshAllah be patient and Allah will reward you....:teeth:

*Members should be pleased with the decisions of the admins....*

Brother_Mujahid
01-09-2005, 01:34 PM
what hope is there for the poor people with little or no rep money, in this kingdom of LI.

Uthman
01-09-2005, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi
hehehehe,,

speaking about emoticons --

Since I completely have no taste when it comes to "unique" emoticons; why don't you guys create a new topic and post your favorate icons that you "borrowed" from other sites/forums so I can add them :)

Jazaka'Allah Khairun in advance

Wa'salaam
Will do brother. I've got loooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaads!!!!!!!!!

Uthman
01-09-2005, 06:41 PM
I always got more! All you have to do is ask! If you want the html codes then please ask also!

kadafi: added some of them! Jazaka'Allah Khairun

aamirsaab
01-09-2005, 06:48 PM
LOL great smilies :D

gonna have 2 get me some o those :D

Uthman
01-09-2005, 06:50 PM
I'm a great smiley myself ;)

WomanOfJihad
01-09-2005, 06:54 PM
err RYTtt ..Brother osman take a break from the Emoticonss .. :eek:

Uthman
01-09-2005, 06:55 PM
Pardon? You want more? Gladly . . . * begins post*

aamirsaab
01-09-2005, 06:56 PM
LOL ur a real joka :thumbs_up ozzy

Uthman
01-09-2005, 06:57 PM
Nope. I don't deserve the praise. I'm a complete poofdiddle.

Brother_Mujahid
01-09-2005, 09:18 PM
proofdiddle whats that?.......

Uthman
01-10-2005, 05:42 PM
POOFDIDDLE! (Without an 'r') it's a sort of childish insult which means silly. :) You won't find it in the dictionary though :)

Abdalla
01-11-2005, 10:44 AM
This topic is getting completely useless, rofl lucky i aint a mean admin, cant w8 to be back from exams.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.