/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Any 1 no hw somalia looks like lol

Angel
03-21-2007, 06:39 PM
hey im vry interested in somali can anyone plz giiv me info, i might ask my mum 2 tak me dere if its safe
i soo my see it:statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Israa
03-21-2007, 08:09 PM
I haven't been to Somalia since 1996 but i can tell you it once was a very beautiful country but as you probably know it is very messed up now because every1 wants to be in control. Anyways I will try to get some pictures for u of how Somalia looked in the past inshallah.

Woodrow
03-21-2007, 08:12 PM
At one point somebody had posted some pictures of Somalia on a Thread. It was a Beautiful country. Sadly War changes a country.

Israa
03-21-2007, 08:17 PM

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Israa
03-21-2007, 08:18 PM
go on this website.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...3D10%26hl%3Den

sudais1
03-21-2007, 10:21 PM
I'll give u a good site InshaAllah, are u somali i am, I'll post it soon. It has everything u would ever need about somalia and thousand of pics

youngsister
03-21-2007, 10:50 PM
:sl:
I miss somalia man :cry: I dont even remember it really but i cant wait to go back!
Anyways here are some pics of where I am from BosSaSoooo:):statisfie

[IMG]

[/IMG]

[IMG]

[/IMG]

[IMG]

[/IMG]

[IMG]

[/IMG]

There are soo many nicer pics but thats the one i had.
:w:

amirah_87
03-22-2007, 05:54 PM
:sl:

MashaAllah u come from Bosasso? Kool :shade:

Here's a link to more pictures InshaAllah:

http://www.somalism.com/media/specia...ckup/index.php

Angel
03-22-2007, 06:47 PM
woooooooooooow god it looks beautiful
:statisfie :statisfie
bt is it stil da same though:?

Angel
03-22-2007, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sudais1
I'll give u a good site InshaAllah, are u somali i am, I'll post it soon. It has everything u would ever need about somalia and thousand of pics
im three quaters somali bro:) my gran is somali
is it safe now though

Woodrow
03-22-2007, 08:32 PM
This information is current as of today, Thu Mar 22 2007 15:24:39 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time).
SOMALIA

June 05, 2006

This Travel Warning is being issued to remind Americans of continued concerns about the security situation in Somalia. This supersedes the Travel Warning of July 21, 2005.

The Department of State warns U.S. citizens against all travel to Somalia, including the self-proclaimed “independent Republic of Somaliland.” Inter-clan and inter-factional fighting can flare up with little warning, and kidnapping, murder, and other threats to U.S. citizens and other foreigners can occur unpredictably in many regions. Armed conflict among rival militias has occurred in Southern Somalia, particularly in and around Mogadishu, which has resulted in the deaths of dozens of Somali nationals. There is no U.S. Embassy or other U.S. diplomatic presence in Somalia.

In late 2003 and early 2004 there were attacks against foreigners in the self-declared "Republic of Somaliland" in northern Somalia. The Sanaag and Sool Regions in eastern Somaliland, bordering on Puntland (northeastern Somalia), are subject to insecurity due to potential inter-clan fighting. In past years, there also have been several fatal attacks against international relief workers, including Westerners, throughout Somalia and Somaliland. In addition, serious fighting has occurred in the Mogadishu area and the districts of Gedo and Bay (especially the vicinity of Baidoa) in the south.

Territorial control in the Mogadishu area is divided among numerous groups; lines of control are unclear and frequently shift, making movement within this area extremely hazardous.

U.S. citizens are urged to use extreme caution when sailing near the coast of Somalia. Merchant vessels, fishing boats and recreational craft all risk seizure by pirates and having their crews held for ransom, especially in the waters off the Horn of Africa. There have been numerous such incidents, highlighting the continuing danger of maritime travel near the Horn of Africa. The international waters near Somalia have become the preferred venue for these pirate attacks. If transit around the Horn of Africa is necessary, it is strongly recommended that vessels travel in convoys, and maintain good communications contact at all times.

The U.S. government cannot provide services to U.S. citizens in Somalia. U.S. citizens who plan to travel to Somalia despite this Travel Warning are urged to register through the State Department's travel registration website, https://travelregistration.state.gov and obtain updated information on travel and security from the U.S. Embassies in neighboring countries. Travelers to the self-declared “Republic of Somaliland” should register with the U.S. Embassy in Djibouti, and travelers to Puntland or southern Somalia should register with the U.S. Embassy in Nairobi.
Source: http://travel.his.com/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_933.html

Although that is an ole warning, it is updated and considered current for today.

Angel
03-26-2007, 05:45 PM
oooooooh dats baad :omg:
gues my dream is dashed:cry:

Snowflake
03-26-2007, 05:52 PM
omg! I thought the title said 'any 1 know how a somali looks like' :embarrass

no pics then? :?

Sabbir_1
03-26-2007, 05:59 PM
omg! I thought the title said 'any 1 know how a somali looks like'
me too.

Somalia is a beautiful place. even though i havent been der. .

Angel
03-26-2007, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
omg! I thought the title said 'any 1 know how a somali looks like' :embarrass

no pics then? :?
lool:giggling: u crak me up u dooo!!!!!! i fink every 1 nos hw somalians look like lol ur fuuny:statisfie

AHMED_GUREY
04-22-2007, 12:06 AM
Hi Angel i admire your love for Somalia and insha-allah you mother can take you there in the near future. Places like Puntland and Somaliland are safe for foreigners or Diasporic Somalis to visit, current conflict supported by the good ol' west is happening in the South

here are some images taken between 2001/2006 by various individuals

Land of Punt

Shabelle Hoose

Farming communities

Endangered beauties

Nomad's best friend ''the Camel''
411313759 97d06defdd 1?v0 -
427551582 2bdf99cf31 1?v0 -

114124133 d937b702c7 1?v0 - lol there everywhere

Sanaag (area with mountains)

Coastline

S-land

256084658 33066e46b5 1?v0 -
280457494 73f28ba628 1?v0 -

Marka

Mogadishu
310841498 b7b971834c 1?v0 -

Today Mogadishu our precious capital is burning like it has never burned before

let's give dua for the Muslims that are being slaughtered around the globe for greed and power. Sister i hope you are statisfied with the images, if you have any question regarding Somali customs and culture please let me know

Noor
04-22-2007, 12:40 AM
AsalamuAlaikum

Can we say, trip down on memory lane! Maan-soor Hotel was my hang out place in the summer...man I miss their fish and chips! Don't forget the shignii.<however you spell it. I wonder if you have a better pic of Ambassador Hotel.

In the third picture of the S-land ones, is that the road to the airport?

In the last picture of the S-land ones, is that taken inside the Idaacada (radio station)?

Also, where is this beautiful city Marka located in Somalia?

Oh and let me add, May Allah protect the people of Somalia and may it become safe for us to live in. Ameen.

MashaAllah, I never knew I was gonna feel like this now but I can't wait to go back.

JazakAllah for the pics. Representing Somalia well.

AHMED_GUREY
04-22-2007, 12:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noor
AsalamuAlaikum

Can we say, trip down on memory lane! Maan-soor Hotel was my hang out place in the summer...man I miss their fish and chips! Don't forget the shignii.<however you spell it. I wonder if you have a better pic of Ambassador Hotel.

is the place nice besides the food?:D

In the third picture of the S-land ones, is that the road to the airport?
yep:)

In the last picture of the S-land ones, is that taken inside the Idaacada (radio station)?
which one sister? the last pic is Borama

Also, where is this beautiful city Marka located in Somalia?

MashaAllah, I never knew I was gonna feel like this now but I can't wait to go back.

JazakAllah for the pics. Representing Somalia well.
it's in Southern Somalia Lower Shabelle area:)

and anytime sis!

FBI
04-22-2007, 01:11 AM
The well of areas are nice and the poor area's are well poor, I was lucky we just rented some nice house while I was there, but I don't plan on going back anytime soon lol.

umm-sulaim
04-22-2007, 01:59 PM
wow mashaa' Allah, haven't been since i was 2, can't wait to go back! :D thanks for the pics

wassalaam

syilla
04-25-2007, 03:42 AM

Somalia continues to have one of the highest child mortality rates in the world, with 10% of children dying at birth and 25% of those surviving birth dying before age five. On the other hand, Somalia also has one of the lowest HIV infection rates in Africa. -from wikipedia

:statisfie :statisfie

compared to Malaysia :exhausted (erm...maybe because of the population :-[ )

AHMED_GUREY
04-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Syilla the sad child morality rates is due to the ''instability'' another example Afghanistan but both Afghanistan and Somalia have a very high birth rate

Hiv/aids rate in Somalia masha-allah is very low, Malaysia has the same rate of 0.5/1 % and it's effect is probably insignificant since it has a larger population:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.