/* */

PDA

View Full Version : In need of training

aamirsaab
03-21-2007, 08:21 PM
:sl:

I ask of you (plural) to teach me everything about Muhammed [saw]. Everything, every detail, hadith, sunnah, background history - all of it. Whether they be links or otherwise, post it on this thread.

Why do I need this? For two reasons

* It will help develop and increase my own knowledge of Islam (at present it is not the best I admit)
* I would be able to stand up and defend Islam and the Prophet [saw] against accusations and allegations anytime and anyday of the week.

Train me. I don't care how long it takes, just do it. I'm willing to learn, if you guys are willing to teach. This is all I ask for.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
03-21-2007, 08:28 PM
:wasalamex

Okay, do you want some audio lectures on his lifestory? (peace be upon him.) If so, here's some good links inshaa Allaah:

http://islamicdownloads.wordpress.co...war-al-awlaki/
http://www.pleasantviewschool.com/me...het+%28pbuh%29

If you listen to the biography of the Prophet, peace be upon him - you'll learn alot and it'll be in chronological order aswell, which will explain alot of things to you in more detail inshaa Allaah.

aamirsaab
03-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Jazakallah, much appreciated.

Like I stated earlier though, I need everything :).

seeker_of_ilm
03-21-2007, 08:38 PM

If you get the chance, buy the book Muhammad: Man and Prophet by Adil Salahi, its an amazing written piece on the life of Muhammad (SAW)

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
03-21-2007, 08:41 PM
:salamext:

http://www.islamicboard.com/prophet-muhammad-p/

Physical Description
http://www.islamicboard.com/prophet-...b-tirmidh.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...-wasalam.html?

It's too much of a broad topic, so break it up and keep studying the areas that interest you and everything else will fall into place inshaa Allaah. And also keep your intention for the sake of Allaah, and Allaah will make the path easy and succesful for you inshaa Allaah.

Any specific area you want to focus on first?

aamirsaab
03-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Jazakallah kheir for the stuff again.

If you get the chance, buy the book Muhammad: Man and Prophet by Adil Salahi, its an amazing written piece on the life of Muhammad (SAW)
Will do.

Any specific area you want to focus on first?
Whatever you think will be easiest for me to understand first.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-21-2007, 08:50 PM

i also suggest you buy every hadith book you can get your hands on, currently im reading mishkat/sahih bukhari/muslik/sunnan abu dawud/masail tirmidhi.

Im sure theres many more, but this is all part learning what Muhammad saws taught right :)

- Qatada -
03-21-2007, 08:51 PM

You can read the description from that link above first, maybe so you can picture the beautiful man [in your mind] who you'll be studying inshaa Allaah.

Then after that - get the book like bro seeker said, or he can be a postman and post his through your letterbox, you live next door anyway. :p

IbnAbdulHakim
03-21-2007, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

You can read the description from that link above first, maybe so you can picture the beautiful man [in your mind] who you'll be studying inshaa Allaah.

Then after that - get the book like bro seeker said, or he can be a postman and post his through your letterbox, you live next door anyway. :p
its still hard to picture it bro, i tried! subhanAllah, i guess we'll never really know till we actually get the tawfeeq of having him visit us in a dream.... inshaAllah :)

'Abd al-Baari
03-21-2007, 08:54 PM

Have u read 'When the Moon split' bro?
Mashallah its a great book and a realy knowlegable read

Am@tull@h
03-21-2007, 08:56 PM
You can can read a very good book containing the biography of the prophet (pbuh) 'The Sealed Nectar'-by Safi-ur-Rahman Al Mubarakpuri.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-21-2007, 09:05 PM

The brothers have given great advices Masha'Allaah. The Messenger of Allah said:
"Whoever wants to to love Allah and His Messenger, then let him read the Mushaf."
['Sahih al-Jami''; # 6289]
If you're looking for knowledge the above mentioned stuff will suffice Insha'Allaah. Remember bro, the reason you want to learn about him is to be able to follow him closely and to increase your love for him Insha'Allaah, and to increase your love for him you'll need something else then hardcore knowledge books and that's the Qur'an.

'Abd al-Baari
03-21-2007, 09:08 PM

^Mashallah well said bro^ :)

Yanal
08-17-2007, 01:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

i also suggest you buy every hadith book you can get your hands on, currently im reading mishkat/sahih bukhari/muslik/sunnan abu dawud/masail tirmidhi.

Im sure theres many more, but this is all part learning what Muhammad saws taught right :)
where do you buy them near canaday,VANCOUVER

Woodrow
08-17-2007, 01:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
where do you buy them near canaday,VANCOUVER
There are a number of Islamic Academies in the Vancouver area Hopefully this link will work for you. I believe they all have bookstores.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&cl...e-results&cd=2

If the link doesn't work here are the addresses and Phone numbers.

Muslim School Of B C
12300 Blundell Road, Richmond, BC V6W 1B3, Canada - (604) 270-2511

Academy For Learning Islam
8580 No. 5 Road, Richmond, BC V6Y 2V4, Canada - (604) 214-0786

Az-Zahraa Islamic Academy
8580 No. 5 Road, Richmond, BC V6Y 2V4, Canada - (604) 274-7861

Islamic Academy
101-7750 128 Street, Surrey, BC V3W 0R6, Canada - (604) 543-2477

Surrey Muslim School
13585 62 Avenue, Surrey, BC V3X 2J3, Canada - (604) 597-6622

Yanal
08-17-2007, 02:01 AM
thanks and they have all prophet muhammad advices hadith and all thtat and i do not think my parents will say yes i think my parents know a islamic store at surrey so i might ask them to go their JazakAllah KharAbdullah Muhammad

Muslim Woman
08-17-2007, 02:04 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
I'm willing to learn,

MashaAllah

i wish i could be like u

here is one link .

audio & vedio

The Life of the Last Prophet by Yusuf Islam

To Order by Phone Call 310-642-0006 Ext. 202

free download ????

http://www.mp3.com/albums/490018/summary.html

Detail Description:

This is the first release by Yusuf Islam since after his farewell to music business as Cat Stevens in 1978. This biography on the life of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)is a good way to not only learn about Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) but get inspired.

The author uses his professional music industry experience and background to optimize the God given gift of his voice and the the most advanced sound-effect technology. In this one hour and sixteen minutes long audio documentary, there are many verses from the Qur'an recited by Shaikh Minyaoui.

At the end of the album is Yusuf Islam's now-famous rendition of the song 'Tala-al Badru Alayna' in Arabic and English.

The handsome gift case protects the album and increases the shelf life. Ideal for children ages between ten and up. An ideal gift item and a good Dawa tool.

http://www.islamicity.com/m/bazar/ac...061-1974&-find

Yanal
08-17-2007, 02:04 AM
isn't their any book stores in VANCOUVER like in vancouver not like in richmond or surrey hah woodrow?:?

Woodrow
08-17-2007, 02:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
isn't their any book stores in VANCOUVER like in vancouver not like in richmond or surrey hah woodrow?:?
This man carries some books and can special order others.

Mr. Abdul Hafeez Khan
Taj Imports
482 East 37th Ave
Vancouver BC
Canada V5W IE9
Tel: 604-322-1592
Fax: 604-682-6225
E-mail : hafeezkhan@hotmail.com

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.