/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mission - Creed and practises of the greatest!

IbnAbdulHakim
03-21-2007, 09:22 PM
:salamext:

I hope your all well.

I just want everyone to post any proof they may have of the practises of the great past imams such as nawawi/abdul qadir jilani/the four imams of madhabs/imam ghazali etc etc. I want to be able to show the people that these great imams and teachers never celebrated milad un nabi, or milad, they didnt have all these extra prayers at the middle of sha'ban etc etc. I really just want to prove it once and for all.

JazakAllah khair to all that help.

Remember the mission is to prove that the bid'a practised is not from the great past imams rather the mislead imams.

:wasalamex

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
03-21-2007, 09:32 PM
:sl:

How can one find proof of something that wasn't done ?
hope you understand what i mean

IbnAbdulHakim
03-21-2007, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907

How can one find proof of something that wasn't done ?
hope you understand what i mean
Im sure such practises existed during their times, for example check this out:

Sheikh Mohammed Al Ghazaly judged that these birthdays are not more than a fabrications . In his book “Not Islamic" page 252 he said that:
" Worshipping Allah with holding these birthdays is not a fundamental worshipping . Therefore I prefer the judgment over all of these celebrations as "Fabrications " must be rejected and not excused. Removing away the birthdays is a worldly and religious necessity. The same applies on celebrating with prophet birthdays , the middle of Shaabn night, the night of the Prophet's ascension, Al Qadr night and the hijri new year . The dates of these nights were randomly appointed , parties were held , money generously spent, held by public and leaders with more and more speech and food , and at last they are saying we are serving Islam" ironical

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-21-2007, 09:40 PM

Regarding Milad, Shaykh Yasir Qadhi had an excellent response to those that celebrate it:
Salaam Alaikum

The most common source and evidence that is used by the people of innovation is 'So-and-so said.' As we pointed out in class, the opinion of an 'alim or mujtahid, however great, does not take the weight of an evidence in and of itself.

Subhan Allah, the scholars of the other three mad-habs disagreed with Imam Malik when he took the practice of the people of Madinah a hundred years after the Prophet salla Allahu alayhi wa salam as an evidence - how then can we take the opinion of a scholar centuries after him as an evidence?! And the schools of Islamic Law do not consider the statement of a Companion to be a source of Law - how about a mere scholar?

The fact that major scholars differed about an issue does not mean that we cannot criticize it. If we were to start listing the opinions of the scholars throughout the centuries that went against the clear ahadeeth, the list would indeed be a long one. The scholars insha Allah have their excuses (as I'm sure Sh. Yaser Birjas has discussed in his TCE class in great detail), but when the truth becomes clear to us, let us beware of blindly following a human being in opposition to the Quran and Sunnah.

Also, with regards to bid'ahs that lead to shirk (such as the mawlid; in fact it is correct to say that most mawlids around the world have elements of shirk in them - remember the lines from the Burdah of al-Busayri?) we have to be even more strict.

One last point. Realisitically, the types of mawlids that Ibn Hajr, an-Nawawi and scholars of their calibre sanctioned are rare to find. Read what they said: Ibn Hajr mentions praying and reading Quran; Nawawi mentions giving alms and enjoining the good, etc - where is this from the dancing and innovated group dhikrs (not to mention acts of shirk) that occurs in most mawlids around the world?

To conclude, the mawlid as it is practiced is a clear bid'ah, and a blatant stepping stone to shirk (and, in many cases, manifestations of shirk).

When you understand the meaning and psychology of 'ibaadah (love, hope and fear), you will find that practicioners of the mawlid demonstrate all of these emotions far more perfectly during these innovated acts than they do in their salat and du'aa to Allah, but unfortunately during their ceremonies these emotions are not being directed to Allah. And this one issue, in and of itself, is enough of an indication of the dangers of the mawlid.

The Prophet salla Allahy alayhi wa sallam was sent as a mercy to mankind, so that mankind worship Allah, and not so that he become the object of man's devotion besides Allah. True love towards him is shown by following his sunnah to the best of one's abilities, and not by disobeying him and inventing acts of worship that he himself or his noble Companions did not sanction.

We ask Allah because of our love for His beloved Prophet and our defence of his pure Sunnah that He bless us with the Prophet's shafa'3ah on the Day of Judgment... Ameen!

Yasir
http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthre...ilad#post86676

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
03-21-2007, 09:41 PM
:wasalamex

Bro, the arguments simple. All you gota say is - we follow the Qur'an and the Sunnah, then you normally hear the claim that we do. But then you say that we follow it according to the understanding of the companions of the Messenger of Allaah, sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam. Since the Messenger of Allaah told us to follow the way of him and his companions. And after that - we only follow those who followed their way.

If you emphasise on that, then you'll see that the person doesn't really have an argument back. Because the sahabah never did it. And if they never, and they were the most rightly guided - then who else's opinion matters?

It actually started after 300years after Hijri, when the Shi'a Fatimids were in power. It was in Egypt i think. And they imitated the christians because the coptic christians used to celebrate Eesa ibn Maryam's 'birthday.'

Here's a good link which gives alot of refutations to the claims you might hear insha Allaah:

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?pg=...&article_id=95

Allaah azawajal knows best.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-21-2007, 09:45 PM
:salamext:

^ jazakAllah khair bro :) i understand.

I guess i just wanted to show the people evidence from the madhabs mainly, all this bid'a makes life for those who want to follow the true sunnah very difficult...

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-21-2007, 09:47 PM

Hudhayfah ibn al-Yamaan (R) said:
"Do not perform any act of worship that was not practiced by the Companions of the Messenger of Allah, for the earlier generation did not leave any room for the latter to add anything (to the religion). Fear Allah, O' readers, seekers of knowledge, and follow the patho of those who came before you."

[Narrated by Ibn Battah in Al-Ibaanah.]
'Abd-Allah ibn 'Umar (R) said:
Every bid'ah is misguidance, even if people think it is good.
[Al-Laalkaa'i in Sharh Usool I'tiqaad Ahl as-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah.]
http://www.islamicboard.com/78254-post1.html

IbnAbdulHakim
03-21-2007, 09:52 PM
When you understand the meaning and psychology of 'ibaadah (love, hope and fear), you will find that practicioners of the mawlid demonstrate all of these emotions far more perfectly during these innovated acts than they do in their salat and du'aa to Allah, but unfortunately during their ceremonies these emotions are not being directed to Allah. And this one issue, in and of itself, is enough of an indication of the dangers of the mawlid.

that is very true....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.