/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Conversion to islam

Audrey
03-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Hello,

I'm a french girl from Paris who is working on the conversion to islam in Paris, London and Berlin. I'm sorry i don't speack english very well, so i hope you understand me. I study the conversion to islam in university for my doctorate, so i realise a thesis. Consequently, i'm conducting interviews with people who are converted to islam. I'm looking for people converted who would be agree to answer to my questionnary. Thanks a lot.

Audrey

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
03-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Pleased to meet you Audrey,

I moved your thread over to here where I believe it will have a beeter chance of being seen.

You will find that there are quite a few of us here who are reverts from other religions.

I think most of us would be willing to answer your questionaire

Pk_#2
03-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Post your questionnaire sister and those who wish to answer it will reply in this thread along with the answers.

Hope you understand.

Peace be upon those who follow guidance.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Peace!

Sis maybe theres someone whos good at english? ask him to ask us any question, i will find out the answer in detail for you.

I wish you success in this life but far more importantly the hereafter!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Audrey
03-22-2007, 10:44 PM
Actually, i'm looking for converted people i can meet for an interview about my subject, "the conversion to islam".

EDIT DELETED A FEW LINES. ALTHOUGH THE WORDS WERE NOT OFFENSIVE, SOME COULD MISUNDERSTAND THEM.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-22-2007, 10:45 PM
i wish i was a sister so i could jump after this ajr...

noodles
03-22-2007, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ well get your hijab out and start looking for a ticket to Paris

IbnAbdulHakim
03-22-2007, 10:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noodles
^ well get your hijab out and start looking for a ticket to Paris
shes in london foow :p

Audrey
03-22-2007, 11:03 PM
What is ajr... ? I don't understand what you are talking about. Sorry

IbnAbdulHakim
03-22-2007, 11:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Audrey
What is ajr... ? I don't understand what you are talking about. Sorry
oh sorry.

i was just saying that if you was a gentleman i would have loved to explain to you everything i know about islam.

however due to our faith we cant spend one on one time with the opposite gendre. I hope you understand :)

Audrey
03-22-2007, 11:13 PM
oh sorry.

i was just saying that if you was a gentleman i would have loved to explain to you everything i know about islam.

however due to our faith we cant spend one on one time with the opposite gendre. I hope you understand :)
Ok, i've allready interview men in Paris. It's a pity.

Audrey
03-22-2007, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by |)431)M1
Post your questionnaire sister and those who wish to answer it will reply in this thread along with the answers.

Hope you understand.

Peace be upon those who follow guidance.
You are right. Thanks. And what about you ? Are you concerned by my study ? Are you converted to islam ? :)

Woodrow
03-22-2007, 11:19 PM
It is forbidden for us to be with members of the opposite Gender. What the brother above was referring to is that if he was female he would be pleased to help.

It is also difficult as female Muslims will not travel alone.

Audrey
03-22-2007, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Pleased to meet you Audrey,

I moved your thread over to here where I believe it will have a beeter chance of being seen.

You will find that there are quite a few of us here who are reverts from other religions.

I think most of us would be willing to answer your questionaire
Ok, thanks a lot, it's really nice.

snakelegs
03-23-2007, 12:25 AM
Actually, i'm looking for converted people i can meet for an interview about my subject, "the conversion to islam". But I won't post questions on the forum. I need to meet people for direct interview in London. So if you agree to meet me, just reply. Thank you.
hi audrey,
i'm not a convert but i am curious why you need to do these interviews in person? i don't think it's a great idea to meet a total stranger from the internet.
anyway, good luck to you with your project.

YusufNoor
03-23-2007, 12:39 AM
Hello,

I'm a french girl from Paris who is working on the conversion to islam in Paris, London and Berlin. I'm sorry i don't speack english very well, so i hope you understand me. I study the conversion to islam in university for my doctorate, so i realise a thesis. Consequently, i'm conducting interviews with people who are converted to islam. I'm looking for people converted who would be agree to answer to my questionnary. Thanks a lot.

Audrey
:sl:

i'm a revert. i'll answer questions, Insha' Allah.

keep them simple though!

:w:

Yusuf

syilla
03-23-2007, 12:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
hi audrey,
i'm not a convert but i am curious why you need to do these interviews in person? i don't think it's a great idea to meet a total stranger from the internet.
MashaAllah truly great advise.

U'll never know what will happen...

Audrey, maybe you can start reading the thread under discover islam.

Muslim Woman
03-23-2007, 02:04 AM

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&

hi audrey,
i don't think it's a great idea to meet a total stranger from the internet.

yap , a very good advice :statisfie

sister may contact Brit Police ; may be they can arrange interviewes with revert Police women & it will be hopefully safe :)

Hijab Option for London Policewomen

http://islamfortoday.com/police.htm

Audrey , u may call mosques to talk to reverts.

Find a Mosque

Search for mosques and Muslim communities by location throughout North America, South America, Europe, and Australia

http://islam.about.com/od/findamosque/Find_a_Mosque.htm

add of mosques in London: visit this link

http://www.nsm88.com/articles/mosque...%20london.html

e-mail add of a famous Brit revert sis writer

Email: Ruqaiyyah@aol.com

Woodrow
03-23-2007, 02:16 AM
If it is essential that the interviews be in person, the Imam at a Mosque would be your best source for help. Meeting people from over the internet can be very risky. It is not uncommon for the person to not be as they present themselves.

north_malaysian
03-23-2007, 02:20 AM
I think you can go to any mosque in london and ask for a Muslim revert... then you'll get your interview....:D

Audrey
03-23-2007, 10:13 AM
hi audrey,
I'm working on a thesis in sociology. That's why i'm looking for converted people. I have to make interviews. I often meet people by internet. Thanks

Audrey
03-23-2007, 10:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I think you can go to any mosque in london and ask for a Muslim revert... then you'll get your interview....:D
Yes it's true. But i would prefer have contacts before going to London. I think it's better.

Audrey
03-23-2007, 10:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor

i'm a revert. i'll answer questions, Insha' Allah.

keep them simple though!

Yusuf
Thanks for your reply. It's really nice. Where do you live. I have to interview reverts in London. See you later.

Audrey
03-23-2007, 10:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&

yap , a very good advice :statisfie

sister may contact Brit Police ; may be they can arrange interviewes with revert Police women & it will be hopefully safe :)

Hijab Option for London Policewomen

http://islamfortoday.com/07london_police.jpg

http://islamfortoday.com/police.htm

Audrey , u may call mosques to talk to reverts.

Find a Mosque

Search for mosques and Muslim communities by location throughout North America, South America, Europe, and Australia

http://islam.about.com/od/findamosque/Find_a_Mosque.htm

add of mosques in London: visit this link

http://www.nsm88.com/articles/mosque...%20london.html

e-mail add of a famous Brit revert sis writer

Email: Ruqaiyyah@aol.com

LOL. Police women ? If some police women are reverts why not, but it's not really dangerous, that's my study, i often meet people by internet and forum. Thanks a lot for the links you gave me.
:)

Audrey
03-23-2007, 11:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
If it is essential that the interviews be in person, the Imam at a Mosque would be your best source for help. Meeting people from over the internet can be very risky. It is not uncommon for the person to not be as they present themselves.
Yes you may be right. Thanks for this advice. Lot of people told me the same thing. I should follow the advices.

YusufNoor
03-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Thanks for your reply. It's really nice. Where do you live. I have to interview reverts in London. See you later.

Astaghfirullah, i missed the part about you needing to meet the people, i thought you had a questionaire! :-[ :-[ :-[

i'm NOT in London, i'm in Umerikkka.

you should go with Uncle Woodrow's suggestion. maybe call a Mosque or 2 before you go, find out what time prayers are and seek to set something up following one of the mid day or early evening prayers. the Imam(s) may be able to, Insha' Allah, have a little group waiting for you.

Audrey
03-23-2007, 12:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor

Astaghfirullah, i missed the part about you needing to meet the people, i thought you had a questionaire! :-[ :-[ :-[

i'm NOT in London, i'm in Umerikkka.

you should go with Uncle Woodrow's suggestion. maybe call a Mosque or 2 before you go, find out what time prayers are and seek to set something up following one of the mid day or early evening prayers. the Imam(s) may be able to, Insha' Allah, have a little group waiting for you.

Yes i'm going to do that. Thanks a lot.

snakelegs
03-23-2007, 08:04 PM
I'm working on a thesis in sociology. That's why i'm looking for converted people. I have to make interviews. I often meet people by internet. Thanks
hi audrey,
my question was why do you need to do the interviews in person.
i think you got good advice:
go to a mosque.
sad to say, in this world we live in, it is not a good idea to meet a total stranger from the internet in person. not for you or anyone else.
i'm sure you will find a local imam helpful.
good luck with your research.

habibti4allah7
03-23-2007, 08:11 PM
its good to hear that people are converting. mashallah thats great! well i am a converted muslim and i would be glad to answer any question you like

Muslim Woman
03-24-2007, 01:28 AM

Salaam/peace ,

...... it's not really dangerous, that's my study, i often meet people by internet and forum.

----ok but be careful .

Thanks a lot for the links you gave me.

--welcome :)

1 more :p ---not sure though if Leeds is in London

:giggling:

http://www.leedsnewmuslims.org.uk/new_muslims

Sisters contact number:
07775 975038 (answered 7pm to 9pm)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.