/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What must one meditate on while remember Allah

siFilam
03-22-2007, 07:43 PM
:salamext:
This is really helpful because sometimes during Dhikr my mind starts wondering around. So I found this in the Darul Uloom Deoband Fatwa Section. There are more helpful tips.

"What must one meditate on while reciting Istighfaar, Durood Shareef, the Third Kalimah, Laa ilaaha illallah and during the recitation of the Qur'an Shareef?

SUMMARY OF REPLY: Bismihi Ta'ala

Respected Brother! Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu

When reciting Istighfaar imagine that you are completely soiled with the filth of sins from head to toe. With the recitation of Istighfaar your sins are gradually being washed away. Think that just as a dirty cloth which is left under a running tap is gradually purified of the dirt and filth, likewise with the barakat of Istighfaar my sins are being washed away and my heart is being purified.

While reciting Durood Shareef imagine that the angels are presenting the gift of Durood Shareef from me, a sinner, to Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) and Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) is pleased with it.

While making zikr of the third kalimah and reciting subhanallah meditate that Allah Ta'ala is free of every blemish, upon reciting alhamdulillah that every perfection and greatness solely belongs to Allah Ta'ala. Meditate upon saying la ilaha illalah that there is none worthy of giving one's heart to and worthy of total allegiance besides Allah Ta'ala.

When you say Allahu Akbar that Allah Ta'ala is greater than everything that I have perceived and even greater that what I have not perceived.

During recitation of the Qur'an ponder that you are reciting to Allah Ta'ala. Recite as a child recites to his Ustaad (with utmost care and full concentration).

Was Salaam (Tarbiyatut Taalibeen pg.78) "
http://darululoom-deoband.com/english/index.htm

wasalam
-SI-

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
03-22-2007, 07:47 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

wow jazakAllah that was an amazing thread,

MashaAllah,

May we all meditate likewise, May help build our concentration!

:( :)

see you in the sisters section soon inshaAllah!

WalaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-22-2007, 07:52 PM
:salamext:

mashaAllah :)

check these out:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...o-lecture.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...es-prayer.html

amazing stuff!!

Khayal
03-22-2007, 08:16 PM
:sl:

MashaAllah! this reading was very beneficial, jazaak ALLAH khayr. @};-

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.