/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sisters need your input

Phoenix CG
03-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Basically I got some projects aimed at sisters: http://masjidi.org/index.php?option=... 17&Itemid=31

I need your input and what you expect/want, how you see these projects could help, what sections you'd want etc.

Get your views in because this is going big, we've got support from Islam Channel, MCB and Muslim Green Pages, thats just a few. These projects will become a reality soon, so we need your input before going on air inshaAllah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
03-22-2007, 08:49 PM
salamualikum.
some good quality clothes && glamour clothes :D lol
Ma'assalama

Phoenix CG
03-22-2007, 08:51 PM
lol I have a link to someone that does that :p but they are expensive, rocawear and all the big brands.

Phoenix CG
03-22-2007, 09:07 PM
SubhanaAllah, anyway please input on the actual projects people.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
03-22-2007, 09:09 PM
salamualikum.
o0okay are these your projects?
ma'assalama

Phoenix CG
03-22-2007, 09:13 PM
Yes - we are doing them with many large organisations inshaallah.

Kittygyal
03-22-2007, 09:15 PM
salamualikum.
ah intresting indeed, but you guys need more better clothing eg more fashionable clothing for sisters indeed then there will be sold more :)
ma'assalama

Al_Imaan
03-22-2007, 09:17 PM
^^lol...that would be great...just cuz we're muslims doesnt mean we can't style and look good...well, in an islamic manner...:p

Kittygyal
03-22-2007, 09:18 PM
salamualikum.
^^ init Afghani sis i agree 100000000*% with you
ma'assalama

Phoenix CG
03-22-2007, 09:23 PM
I can't do fashion lol these are supposed to be projects to empower muslims, not make people look "ghetto fabulous" lol.

Umar001
03-22-2007, 09:26 PM
You could have a project where you talk about the Female Muslim Identity.

The fact that early marriage, being a good mum, rising over mentality again polygamy, are all good.

You could focous on the fact that hijab should be done properly, and not just a scarf on the head with tight trousers and so forth.

Umar001
03-22-2007, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Phoenix CG
I don't know what Ghetto Fabulous even means! I thought it was a word you guys use or something. Geez I won't try to fit in next time.

Brother - I think that would be something covered in the magazines, but good you mentioned it can you put bullet pointed benefits?

Benefits? of??

And what type of magazine, am hoping not one withsisters on the front cover with make up and trimmed eye brows and a headscarf with tight tops?

Phoenix CG
03-22-2007, 09:45 PM
:p not a print magazine and no brother, im opposed to that stuff, benefits of the magazine, what you pointed out, sisters identity etc etc. What do you think an online magazine can do to help sisters?

Al_Imaan
03-22-2007, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
You could have a project where you talk about the Female Muslim Identity.

The fact that early marriage, being a good mum, rising over mentality again polygamy, are all good.

You could focous on the fact that hijab should be done properly, and not just a scarf on the head with tight trousers and so forth.
:sl:
phoenix....in the pm, i missed out about all the things that bro habeshi said...but he's rite...those r things that many sisters don't understand...and if they do..then they dont act upon it...

and sis kitty....i don't think we'll be of any help if we keep on sticking to the fashion...:D

Phoenix CG
03-23-2007, 01:37 PM
JazakaAllah khair.

Phoenix CG
03-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Sisters Projects
Masjidi will be launching a variety of projects aimed at sisters.
These projects will help to give information on family values, raising children, whilst also giving them information on the social aspects, with there duty to Islam.
Masjidi, with the help of the sisters in each local area will be developing websites for sisters for each local masjid, for every masjid website we create we will create another website for the sisters in the local area. This means that they can communicate with all of the sisters in the local area and also have an online discussion forum and other features.
Just like the Masjidi Masjid project, this will allow the sisters to give information to the local community, it will also be a great platform for communcating with the local masjid and giving them there point of view on the issues that matter to them.

Guidelines will be given on how to arrange events, halaqas and many other activities and events.
More projects are bulleted below:
  • Local Sisters Sites
  • Online Sisters Magazines
  • Sisters Discussion Forum
  • Guidelines for setting up Halaqas and local events
Local Sisters Sites - Us Girls like to talk alot, because most of us stay at home, we tend to go online more, we love meeting new sisters! A site consisting of just sisters locally would be a tight community and bring great communication. I believe it will be of great benefit, and would create heated discussions. An example is the sisters section on the MuslimGlobe site, its active, and full, and as confessed by many sisters, its the best (most interesting) part of muslimglobe.

Online Sisters Magazines
- Can help cover many areas and issues that arise in a sisters life, we love reading, knowledge and random stuff are always great, no but really.. there is usually many aspects involved in this project, and we believe think its a great one. There are so many topics that muslim sisters/women can cover. The Magazines will help sisters learn about the Muslimah Identity, what it means to be a Muslimah, family life, Children, parenting and much more.

Sisters Discussion Forum
- This encourages more discussions and chat between users, these will be on a national/international scale, with the sisters, and we can do with that. A sisters only forum would be very beneficial.

Guidelines for setting up Halaqas and local events
- Many sisters already setup halaqas but many do not have a way to set them up or know what to cover, the guideline will help organise and run things effectively.

This was written by our sister in charge of the sisters projects.

The projects will all have many benefits and will help empower our Muslim sisters, inshaAllah there will be more projects aimed specifically at sisters to help us progress forward.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.