/* */

PDA

View Full Version : who are you insured by?

unknown_JJ
03-22-2007, 10:06 PM
i passed my driving recently and im getting confused with all the insurance sites....(confused.com is realy confusin too)
so i just want to no who you are all insured with if u r , is it any good like as in cheap hehe
btw im 19 so its kinda expensive.........
newayz tc

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
England
03-22-2007, 10:09 PM
I'm insured with Tesco Insurance. If you go with them do it by phone and not by internet. You get glass cover via the phone but you don't get it by doing it on the net....gits :blind:

I used to be with CIS insurance. The price varies depending on what car you have, whether you have a drive or not (Say that you have, you'll get it cheaper.) Diamond insurance is supposed to be good for the girls. Very cheap. Check the quotes on the net but check Diamond... it's supposed to be very good. The price is expensive at 1st. I had to pay £185 a month, over £2000 a year in my first year.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-22-2007, 10:12 PM
:salamext:

SIS first thing is dont go for the big companies! they giv u a near quote and also do you have your passplus? make sure you get that!

im ensured as a second driver on a honda civic for £600 and its a minor little insurance company, thats what u shud go for,t he little local ones! If i get pass plus i can reduce that to 500 and something :D

i might do that :)

England
03-22-2007, 10:36 PM
Passplus....pffft I'm sure she's had enough of the stress of driving tests as it is...lol.. I had a HUGE headache before and after my test. I was stressed out.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
unknown_JJ
03-22-2007, 10:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
I'm insured with Tesco Insurance. If you go with them do it by phone and not by internet. You get glass cover via the phone but you don't get it by doing it on the net....gits :blind:

I used to be with CIS insurance. The price varies depending on what car you have, whether you have a drive or not (Say that you have, you'll get it cheaper.) Diamond insurance is supposed to be good for the girls. Very cheap. Check the quotes on the net but check Diamond... it's supposed to be very good. The price is expensive at 1st. I had to pay £185 a month, over £2000 a year in my first year.
koool thnx i myt try that.. dnt realy like the phone might get som1 else to do it for me hehe...and i tried diamondz on the net,...but they dont give quotes to under 21z :@ grrr

unknown_JJ
03-22-2007, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

SIS first thing is dont go for the big companies! they giv u a near quote and also do you have your passplus? make sure you get that!

im ensured as a second driver on a honda civic for £600 and its a minor little insurance company, thats what u shud go for,t he little local ones! If i get pass plus i can reduce that to 500 and something :D

i might do that :)
nah i havnt done passplus my instructor sed its for confident drivers hehe(wonder wot shes trying to hint lol) maybe in the future.....and im gna try and get insured as a second driver on my corsa...hmm....

England
03-22-2007, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by unknown_JJ
koool thnx i myt try that.. dnt realy like the phone might get som1 else to do it for me hehe...and i tried diamondz on the net,...but they dont give quotes to under 21z :@ grrr
They should give quotes to under 21s. My friend's 19 and she's with Diamond insurance. She pays somet like 800 a year which is mega cheap.. she too has a corsa...

IbnAbdulHakim
03-22-2007, 10:42 PM
^ whats that all about? almost every man instructor says "give me this much take the certificate and get lost"

aah well, my friends sorting me out a passplus, all i have to do is giv £60!

IbnAbdulHakim
03-22-2007, 10:43 PM
btw my honda is a 1.5, how big (engine size 1.2/1.0?1.4? also petrol diesal?) is ur corsa and how old also u goin for fire n theft? i can estimate how much its gnna cost u!

unknown_JJ
03-22-2007, 10:48 PM
They should give quotes to under 21s. My friend's 19 and she's with Diamond insurance. She pays somet like 800 a year which is mega cheap.. she too has a corsa...
800quid!! u call dat cheap m8 lolll, i was offered something like that before i passed...but ill try and check diamondz out again.. i just hate fillin up them boxes takes ages... and somtimes i end up putting false info coz i hav no clue wot their asking hehe

unknown_JJ
03-22-2007, 10:50 PM
^ whats that all about? almost every man instructor says "give me this much take the certificate and get lost"

aah well, my friends sorting me out a passplus, all i have to do is giv £60!
well i had 4 lady instructors, no men lol maybe she fink im gna leave her too hehe
hey i giv u £60 get me 1 plz plz looll

unknown_JJ
03-22-2007, 10:52 PM
btw my honda is a 1.5, how big (engine size 1.2/1.0?1.4? also petrol diesal?) is ur corsa and how old also u goin for fire n theft? i can estimate how much its gnna cost u!
its 1.2 erm... ill get bck to u no d fuel thingy hehe i have no clue

IbnAbdulHakim
03-22-2007, 10:57 PM
well i had 4 lady instructors, no men lol maybe she fink im gna leave her too hehe
hey i giv u £60 get me 1 plz plz looll
lol i'll ask him if he can sort it out, his bengali, he itha buzze :p, so i'll ask him if he'll accept it ok inshaAllah.

as for the insurance of a 1.2, if its petrol and ur second driver really shouldnt cost more then 500, and im talkin 500 if its a lot lol. mashaAllah you got it cheap. if you get pass plus should be below 450... u still want it? saving £50 :confused: lol but i guess over the years it makes more difference

England
03-22-2007, 10:59 PM
800quid!! u call dat cheap m8 lolll, i was offered something like that before i passed...but ill try and check diamondz out again.. i just hate fillin up them boxes takes ages... and somtimes i end up putting false info coz i hav no clue wot their asking hehe
lol bloody hell how much are you expecting to pay lol? Your first year is always expensive and it goes down each year. Mine started off at £2208 a year then the second year it went down to £1620 and now its £780 a year.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-22-2007, 11:01 PM
lol bloody hell how much are you expecting to pay lol? Your first year is always expensive and it goes down each year. Mine started off at £2208 a year then the second year it went down to £1620 and now its £780 a year.
whoah... im guessing you didnt get passplus!

you must have been driving a group 13 car or something :eek: mustve been nice :D

unknown_JJ
03-22-2007, 11:01 PM
lol i'll ask him if he can sort it out, his bengali, he itha buzze :p, so i'll ask him if he'll accept it ok inshaAllah.
koool i woz joking ..but sort it out 4 me if u can
thnx bruv

IbnAbdulHakim
03-22-2007, 11:08 PM
koool i woz joking ..but sort it out 4 me if u can
thnx bruv
all im going to do is give you his number lol. its minor

thats if he agree's to it of course!

unknown_JJ
03-22-2007, 11:13 PM
all im going to do is give you his number lol. its minor

thats if he agree's to it of course!
omg maybe dis wud b kinda difficult 2 do...:S

IbnAbdulHakim
03-22-2007, 11:17 PM
omg maybe dis wud b kinda difficult 2 do...:S
ye, we can forget it :p

its up2u lol jus let me kno if u eva want the number inshaAllah.

unknown_JJ
03-22-2007, 11:19 PM
ye, we can forget it :p

its up2u lol jus let me kno if u eva want the number inshaAllah.

nah thank n e wayz
ill find some other dodgy dealz heheh....not ...mayb...lollll

England
03-22-2007, 11:35 PM
nah thank n e wayz
ill find some other dodgy dealz heheh....not ...mayb...lollll
Try this http://www.moneysupermarket.com/motor/

It compares the prices between a variety of companies. Just fill in your information and see what the cheapest company is for your car.

unknown_JJ
03-22-2007, 11:45 PM
Try this http://www.moneysupermarket.com/motor/

It compares the prices between a variety of companies. Just fill in your information and see what the cheapest company is for your car.
kool thnx

Muezzin
03-23-2007, 03:02 PM
I notice from your bright pink font and 'sister' gender tab that you are female. Perhaps you could try that 'Sheila's Wheels' thing those crazy ladies who may or may not be Australian are always singing about.

unknown_JJ
03-23-2007, 03:11 PM
loolll yeh i checkd d sheilas wheel 1 on d net but dey didnt giv me a quote dey sed i have to be 21 ..........or maybe i didnt fill it right hehe...... thnx n e wayz

Re.TiReD
03-23-2007, 03:18 PM
uffff!! complicated stuff is insurance :X .....am so gonna check this thread wen av passed :D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
03-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Insurance is stressful aswell, I pay 400 quid with AA company...there are alot of loop holes insurance business though... hehe ha ha

unknown_JJ
03-23-2007, 03:25 PM
oh i tried d link that England gave..
http://www.moneysupermarket.com/motor/

and d best 1 4 me iz kwit-fit insurance ...neva herd of dem
but there charging..£642.95 wid me dad :D
and u woz sayin £800 is cheap aye lool
(maybe i filled it wrong hehe)

n e wayz now i gota w8 4 d money 2 roll in... hmmm

jazakallah 4 all ur help

unknown_JJ
03-23-2007, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
Insurance is stressful aswell, I pay 400 quid with AA company...there are alot of loop holes insurance business though... hehe ha ha
£400!!! ****...der charging me £858.15.....wid my dad hmmm

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
03-23-2007, 03:34 PM
how much no claims bonuses has your dad got?

unknown_JJ
03-23-2007, 03:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
how much no claims bonuses has your dad got?
he sez 10....

England
03-23-2007, 03:38 PM
You're better off getting your own insurance rather than sharing it. You need to build up your no claims bonus. Are you fully comprehensive or third party fire and theft?

unknown_JJ
03-23-2007, 03:51 PM
You're better off getting your own insurance rather than sharing it. You need to build up your no claims bonus. Are you fully comprehensive or third party fire and theft?
erm.. i duno wot dat means lol but i been clicking fully comprehensive.yeh i duno y dadz getin insured on me car , his got 2 of his own grr, he just wants 2 save his own petrol hehe

IbnAbdulHakim
03-23-2007, 04:34 PM
erm.. i duno wot dat means lol but i been clicking fully comprehensive.yeh i duno y dadz getin insured on me car , his got 2 of his own grr, he just wants 2 save his own petrol hehe
fully comprehensive is a rip off!

best to go third party fire n theft

but up2u, hey if ur rich do it all :D

Pk_#2
03-23-2007, 04:38 PM
shes loaded :rolleyes: .....makes me +o(

wen i do mine i'm gonna do it with diamondz :D:D:D:D

IbnAbdulHakim
03-23-2007, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by |)431)M1
shes loaded :rolleyes: .....makes me +o(

wen i do mine i'm gonna do it with diamondz :D:D:D:D

To any that desires the tilth of the Hereafter, We give increase in his tilth, and to any that desires the tilth of this world, We grant somewhat thereof, but he has no share or lot in the Hereafter.
Surah Ash-Shura Verse 20

:)

Pk_#2
03-23-2007, 05:12 PM
I didn't even get that

tell me! what it is... :o|

Peace.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-23-2007, 06:30 PM
I didn't even get that

tell me! what it is... :o|

Peace.
lol

whoever desires the hereafter will only get more and more of the hereafter, but whoever desires the dunya, he will get a bit of it of what Allah grants (not much at all), and then he will get NOTHING in the akhirah :skeleton:

also check this out:

Sahl Bin Sa'd (radiallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:

"If the world had the value of even the wing of a mosquito by Allah, He would not have given any Nonbeliever (kaafir) even a drink of water."
(Tirmizi, Ibn Majah)

unknown_JJ
03-23-2007, 11:03 PM
lol

whoever desires the hereafter will only get more and more of the hereafter, but whoever desires the dunya, he will get a bit of it of what Allah grants (not much at all), and then he will get NOTHING in the akhirah :skeleton:

koool hehe

Pk_#2
03-23-2007, 11:14 PM
lol

also check this out:

Sahl Bin Sa'd (radiallahu anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:

"If the world had the value of even the wing of a mosquito by Allah, He would not have given any Nonbeliever (kaafir) even a drink of water."

(Tirmizi, Ibn Majah)

so urm...who said i like the dunya?

Thanks for the quote :statisfie

Assumptions astaghfirullah!

Peace.

deen_2007
03-23-2007, 11:16 PM
hey i'mwith Endsleigh ...they r very good & cheap...they give student discount too!!!!!!!

i have a confession to make: back then i was young & 17...& i bought a pass- plus certificate from my intructor!!! oooooopppsss....oh well....it dsnt matter now!!

IbnAbdulHakim
03-23-2007, 11:37 PM
Assumptions astaghfirullah!

Peace.
astagfirullah, i just wanted to spread the knowledge.

Pk_#2
03-24-2007, 12:08 AM
...At the wrong time :mmokay:

Jus' read it :-\

Ok jazakAllah :D :D

It's gonna be up on my userpage inshaAllah

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullah! bhai :)

Take no offence please!

IbnAbdulHakim
03-24-2007, 12:10 AM
lol wallahi i take no offense, i take it all with a smile inshaAllah :)

keep up the istighfar boyn, keep up the gathering of these jewels (knowledge)

:thumbs_up

unknown_JJ
03-24-2007, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by deen_2007
hey i'mwith Endsleigh ...they r very good & cheap...they give student discount too!!!!!!!

i have a confession to make: back then i was young & 17...& i bought a pass- plus certificate from my intructor!!! oooooopppsss....oh well....it dsnt matter now!!
yer some ppl can buy them off..but my instructor woz kinda new,she hasnt startd pass plus yet. ..and the previous 1z ..erm wel i gues dey dnt wana no me ...:( lol

unknown_JJ
04-11-2007, 10:49 PM
oh yeh its petrol...dosnt matter now thou...me gna av 2 w8..years till i get insured. hmmmmm

IbnAbdulHakim
04-11-2007, 10:52 PM
its up2u really, ,but shudnt be too hard to get insured.

jus gotta look around.

confused.com smaks it to be honest

unknown_JJ
04-11-2007, 11:28 PM
its up2u really, ,but shudnt be too hard to get insured.

jus gotta look around.

confused.com smaks it to be honest
nah its not dat, my parents still fink im 2 younger :( lol hehe

IbnAbdulHakim
04-14-2007, 07:49 PM
then parents come first,

dont wry, u can drive em all ova the place in jannah :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!