/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Which sports can a Muslim watch?

jello
03-23-2007, 01:56 PM
:sl:

I was wondering which sports a Muslim male (I will ask about men first) can watch.

If we cannot watch men doing springboard diving, then why should we be allowed to watch American football? (which has a lot of movements resembling the homosexual starting rites in many traditional but liberal societies)... and what about male sprinters, with their short shorts, and the NBA or soccer???

Clarification would be appreciated...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
03-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Why don't you just play the sports you want all covered up with your brothers

More fun :D

Inay?

Peace (Also concerned)

ACC
03-23-2007, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jello

I was wondering which sports a Muslim male (I will ask about men first) can watch.

If we cannot watch men doing springboard diving, then why should we be allowed to watch American football? (which has a lot of movements resembling the homosexual starting rites in many traditional but liberal societies)... and what about male sprinters, with their short shorts, and the NBA or soccer???

Clarification would be appreciated...
Is the above true?

IbnAbdulHakim
03-23-2007, 06:42 PM
:salamext:

i have the same concern lol, so im just going to do what sis tasmiyah said, im going to stick to just playing the sport inshaAllah. That is the most healthy option :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jello
03-24-2007, 01:13 PM
^

Is the above true?
I am no sure which part exactly you are refering to, but the part about Muslim men not being able to watch men or women doing sports like springboard diving is correct as far as I know.

About NBA or soccer I was asking because of the short shorts the participants are wearing, which does not cover their Aurah.

Malaikah
03-24-2007, 01:27 PM

You shouldn't watch anything where the players aren't covering their awrah... and the only sports that fit in this are cricket and golf, as far as I can think of. And they are dead boring lol.

What are American football outfits like?

I don't think you can can watch any female sports because they don't wear hijab at all.

ACC
03-24-2007, 01:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

You shouldn't watch anything where the players aren't covering their awrah... and the only sports that fit in this are cricket and golf, as far as I can think of. And they are dead boring lol.

What are American football outfits like?

I don't think you can can watch any female sports because they don't wear hijab at all.

American football players are very covered. What is awrah.....the mid section or something along those lines?

My favorite sports are American Football (NFL), College Basketball (The ACC) and Professional Baseball (MLB).

chacha_jalebi
03-24-2007, 01:40 PM
also it depends on what niyyah ur watchin wit:D

ACC
03-24-2007, 01:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
What is niyyah?

DAWUD_adnan
03-24-2007, 01:58 PM
intention

Malaikah
03-25-2007, 05:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi

But you can't do something haram with a good intention, especially not only for the sake of entertainment...

Now, if someone held a gun to your head and said if you don't watch semi-naked people playing sport... I can understand... but I'm sure that isn't the case.:thumbs_up

format_quote Originally Posted by ACC
American football players are very covered. What is awrah.....the mid section or something along those lines?
Awrah refers to the part of the body which can't be shown to others, and which others can't look at... for men, it is from the navel to the knee. So Muslim men can't show that part of their body to anyone other than their wives, and both Muslim men and women can't look at the navel to the knee of other men.

akulion
03-25-2007, 05:35 AM
best to my knowledge any sports i which the satr of a person is uncovered should not be watched since it would earn u sin

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.