/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Catholic Danielle's now Muslim

- Qatada -
03-23-2007, 02:15 PM
By ANDY RUSSELL
March 23, 2007

A PRETTY blonde teen has stunned her mates by converting to Islam and covering up with a full veil.

Catholic Danielle Jones — now Safiyah — ditched her mini-skirts and crop tops and now wears the full face niqab of Muslim women.

The 19-year-old made her shock decision after her step-dad died of a brain tumour. She said it was her Muslim pals and their faith who helped cope with the loss.

And she revealed the decision to convert made her feel “a million times” stronger.

Safiyah, of Bolton, Lancs, said: “I couldn’t stand the way men stared as I walked down the street. Now I feel a million times more empowered wearing my full-face niqab. Nobody is judging me on how my body looks.
“More and more, the Muslim faith seemed to make a lot of sense to me.
“It’s as if I have found the missing piece of a jigsaw.”

The 19-year-old wears the hijab, which covers her head, and sometimes the controversial niqab, the veil which leaves only the eyes visible.
Safiyah, who hopes to act as a mediator between the Muslim and British communities, added: “I don’t miss drinking. I’m happy.”

The Sun

----------------------------------------------

Comment: Praise be to Allaah, he guides those who are sincere. :)
I wonder why it's mentioned in the Sun Newspaper?

PS: No arguing, otherwise the posts will be deleted.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MTAFFI
03-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Good for her, I am glad Islam can help her cope with her fathers death

mariam.
03-23-2007, 06:00 PM
:statisfie masha'allah ..

Pk_#2
03-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Alhamdhulillah! :)

Peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Count DeSheep
03-23-2007, 06:10 PM
=D

Good to read. But the niqab...is that required or is it optional, or part of a particular division of Islam's beliefs? I've seen Muslims showing only their eyes and Muslims showing their whole face. Me am confuzzled. >.<

MTAFFI
03-23-2007, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Count DeSheep
=D

Good to read. But the niqab...is that required or is it optional, or part of a particular division of Islam's beliefs? I've seen Muslims showing only their eyes and Muslims showing their whole face. Me am confuzzled. >.<

I believe it is considered "compulsory", I have been doing a little homework on Islam lately

IbnAbdulHakim
03-23-2007, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
I believe it is considered "compulsory", I have been doing a little homework on Islam lately
:)

Alhamdulillah, how Allah Takes away one thing (her father) and gives her something much better (islam).

subhanAllah, what great news, Alhamdulillah !

S_87
03-23-2007, 10:04 PM
:sl:

alhumdulillah for her! may Allah bless her.

format_quote Originally Posted by Count DeSheep
=D

there is a dif of opinion at the most its obligatory at the least its mustahab.

Darkseid
03-25-2007, 02:58 AM
Oh well. Dressing like a muslim woman isn't that much different from dressing like a nun.

http://www.catholicsupply.com/christ...N090_BN127.jpg
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/im...en-Posters.jpg

Both clothing designs are used under cultural attitude about the grace to god and the hinderness towards attraction.

Nuns sacrifice their earthly possessions to become like monks and live in a fully religious devoted life style. But this still is used in many other christian communities like the Puritans and Quakers.

Many muslim women share a similar fate, but primarily only if they live in a dominately oppressive society against prostitutes.

Both styles had originated during the time that women were considered inferior to men which was about two or three centuries after the foundation of Islam. And I think it had occured at about the same time in both communities, but it is hard to say who started it.

ummAbdillah
03-25-2007, 10:24 AM
manshallah, manshallah,
great news, may allah guide us all
ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.