/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can't understand!

AnonymousPoster
03-23-2007, 02:39 PM
I really don't know how to put this, but i don;t know why i always have a fear that if any hapiness comes into my life it wont stay there for long. I always fear that it will be snatched away from me and that the eveil eye will catch it. I fear loosing what i love so much that i can't even love it anymore. I can't get attached to someone because i feel like they will be taken away from me as soon as i get use to them. I know nothing is forever but i can't even seem to enjoy what i have when i have it, because i always think what will i do when i don't have it.

I know it sound like my imaan on Allah is fading, but i don't know why i keep having these doubts and fears. Is it sumethin wrong with me :? ? InshAllah i look forward to some replies.:-[

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
03-23-2007, 02:55 PM
:salamext:

I think part of that is anxiety, and once Ali ibn Abi Talib was asked - what is the most strongest thing Allaah has created?

He took 10 fingers out and said;

- Allaah made the mountains which have been standing for centuries.

However, mountains can be carved out and cut by Metal. Therefore Metal is stronger.

However, metal can be melted by fire - so fire is stronger.

But fire can be extinguished by water, so water is stronger.

But water can be carried by the clouds.

But the wind can blow the clouds in different directions - so that is stronger.

But the son of Adam can walk even if the wind comes in his way.

Yet intoxicants can even weaken the son of Adam and make him lose control of himself/herself.

But sleep can overcome this feeling of the effects of intoxication.

However, one cannot sleep if they have anxiety.

And this is exactly what the Messenger of Allaah used to pray that he doesn't fall into:

‘O Allaah, I take refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being over powered by men.

Anxiety is when you fear the future, and sorrow is regret over the past and continuous sadness. This isn't a good characteristic in the believer, and the person should place their trust in Allaah. Know that everything is in His control and nothing can harm you or benefit you except by His permission.

So what to do when you feel this feeling is to place your trust in Allaah, and leave the matter upto Him. Just make sure you don't go to the extent where you feel so attatched to the thing - that it makes you leave your disobedience to Allaah. Because this is a trick from shaytaan, and it can be a gradual process or even a quick process.

So your main aim should be to first apply islaam more whole heartedly in your life once again in order to get that strong emaan like you had in the past.

Recite the supplications of the Messenger of Allaah, like the dua' above, and also recite surah al-Nas [114] and surah al-Falaq [113] because they are a cure to the evil eye. Inshaa Allaah if you leave your trust in Allaah after that, you'll feel more happy and content. And Allaah knows best.

Snowflake
03-23-2007, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
I really don't know how to put this, but i don;t know why i always have a fear that if any hapiness comes into my life it wont stay there for long. I always fear that it will be snatched away from me and that the eveil eye will catch it. I fear loosing what i love so much that i can't even love it anymore. I can't get attached to someone because i feel like they will be taken away from me as soon as i get use to them. I know nothing is forever but i can't even seem to enjoy what i have when i have it, because i always think what will i do when i don't have it.

I know it sound like my imaan on Allah is fading, but i don't know why i keep having these doubts and fears. Is it sumethin wrong with me :? ? InshAllah i look forward to some replies.:-[
when you're in doubt... when fear strikes your heart, remember that nothing can happen without Allah's will. And if something bad happens then there is something good in that too. It maybe that because of that 'bad' Allah prevented something worse happening to you.

Imagine you was about to cross the road and unknown to a car at high speed was coming around the corner, but you stumbled, fell and got hurt. If you hadn't, you could've been in the road right infront of that car. Then imagine what could've happened. That little hurt saved you from something much much worse - right? So let go of your fears and believe that nothing is as bad as it seems. Good or bad, always respond with 'alhumdulillah'.

Pray your salah on time and read the following afterwards:

Ayahtul Kursi 1x
subhanAllah 33x
alhumdulillah 33x
Allahu Akbar 33x
4th kalimah 1x and make duaa

InshaAllah you will feel safe and protected and Allah's help be with you in your deeni and wordly matters. :statisfie

AnonymousPoster
03-24-2007, 12:19 PM
^ JazakAllah khairun for the response bro Fi and muslimah sis.:statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.