/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ibn Taymiyyah RAHIMAHULLAH :)

IbnAbdulHakim
03-24-2007, 12:07 AM
:salamext:

i got this from the biogrophy section:

Ibn al-Qayyim says of Ibn Taymiyyah's remembrance of his Lord: "I heard Shaykul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah, may Allaah (AZ) sanctify his soul, say, 'Remembrance to the heart is like water to fish. What will be the state of the fish if it becomes seperated from the water?'...I once attended fajr prayer with Shaykhul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah, he then sat and remembered Allaah (AZ) until it was nearly midday. He then turned around and said to me, 'This is my early morning meal, if I do not take this breakfast, my strength will drop.' " [1]
i was just wondering if this remembering is just reciting dhikr? :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
03-24-2007, 12:10 AM
i'm concerned - you are too!

so inshaAllah i'll await the reply *patiently*

Allahu Alim bro!

Peace.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-24-2007, 12:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by |)431)M1
i'm concerned - you are too!

so inshaAllah i'll await the reply *patiently*

Allahu Alim bro!

Peace.
lol you confuse and crack me up.

i also read accounts of imam abu hanifa rahmatullahi alaih sitting after isha and contemplating over Allah. perhaps that contemplating is also reciting certain duroods?

i would love answers inshaAllah :)

siFilam
03-24-2007, 12:17 AM
sorry bro, I don't think I have the answer to your question. But I love these two Sheikhs, Ibn al-Qayyim and Ibn Taymiyyah, :D

I heard something similar to what you have. I've heard in the Seerah of Rasool-ullah (saw) by Anwal Al-Awlaki. He mentioned that for a person involved in Dawah needs to have the full package, meaning desire to seek knowledge, propragating and at worship. then he mentioned that Ibn Taymiyyah (rah) would go to the outskrit of his city in Damascus after Fajr prayer and stay there until the sun rises and do Dhikr of Allah, The Most Exalted. When Sheikh Al-Awlaki he said the names of Allah. When Ibn al-Qayyim asked him why he did this he said this is my breakfast. If I don't do this I can't function ...I forgot the ending.
wasalam
-SI-

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
03-24-2007, 12:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by siFilam

I heard something similar to what you have. I've heard in the Seerah of Rasool-ullah (saw) by Anwal Al-Awlaki. He mentioned that for a person involved in Dawah needs to have the full package, meaning desire to seek knowledge, propragating and at worship. then he mentioned that Ibn Taymiyyah (rah) would go to the outskrit of his city in Damascus after Fajr prayer and stay there until the sun rises and do Dhikr of Allah, The Most Exalted. When Sheikh Al-Awlaki he said the names of Allah. When Ibn al-Qayyim asked him why he did this he said this is my breakfast. If I don't do this I can't function ...I forgot the ending.
wasalam
-SI-
jazakAllah thats beautiful sis

sorry bro, I don't think I have the answer to your question. But I love these two Sheikhs, Ibn al-Qayyim and Ibn Taymiyyah, :D
who doesnt :), those two sheikhs changed my life..... Allahu Akbar :) (of course so did all the other sheikhs, may Allah reward them alL!)

Pk_#2
03-24-2007, 12:19 AM
Ahh make dua' for me

That i am constant in doing good deeds :'( :)

Dunya is so frustrating!

InshaAllah i wana move from England when i can so i can concentrate on the deen more instead of future careers and all sorts :o|

I wana cry!

ahh Dhikr *wub*

Peace!

IbnAbdulHakim
03-24-2007, 12:20 AM
may Allah make the sis above me stop crying and make all of us constant in doing good deeds. may he help us to love for his sake that which he loves, and hate for his sake that which he hates.

Ameen !

:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.