/* */

PDA

View Full Version : “There is no peace with checkpoints or settlements, with siege or starvation."

sister herb
03-24-2007, 08:27 AM
Nonviolent Palestinian resistance to occupation: there is no peace with checkpoints or settlements
(Ramallah) Palestine News Network
Friday, 23 March 2007

As a bastion of Palestinian nonviolent resistance to Israeli occupation, western Ramallah's Bil'in Village hosted a conference for all regions of the West Bank. None of its districts are being spared the devastation of the Wall and settlement expansion. The People's Committee to Resist the Wall, and the national and Islamic resistance movements, convened to strategize.

The Governor of Ramallah, Dr. Said Abu Ali, opened the conference of behalf of President Abbas and conveyed greetings to the longstanding and strong Palestinian tradition of nonviolent resistance.

Opening comments included, “There is no peace with checkpoints or settlements, with siege or starvation."

Continuing the opening speech, Dr. Abu Ali said, "All of these things impede the establishment of an independent Palestinian state and any semblance of justice. There is peace with international law.

Mohamed Mansour of Bil'in spoke, a town in which Israeli forces have beaten and arrested the leadership of the nonviolent resistance. They have closed roads to prevent journalists from covering the weekly demonstrations, and have attacked nonviolent Palestinians who stand on their own land with signs calling for justice.

Mansour said that the conference, which gathered hundreds of Palestinians, was the result of “difficult conditions experienced by the village and the harassment of activists, particularly the People's Committee.” He said, “Today's event is the result of perseverance. Nonviolent resistance is not easy and not quick. It is continuous and creative and the legal struggle has brought some results and expects more.”

Coordinator of the People's Committee, Mohammad Ilyas, said that the Wall is part of the Zionist ideology that Palestinian land is for the people of Israel, including the water, trees, economic livelihoods, and the holy city of Jerusalem.

Shawan Jabarin of the Foundation of the Right pointed out that all forms of resistance to the Wall are legal, and that the Wall itself contravenes international law, including the International Court of Justice decision in the Hague. “The opinion of the Hague is binding, but Israel does not operate under international law. We will never accept settlements or the Wall.”

http://english.pnn.ps/index.php?opti...=1995&Itemid=1

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
03-24-2007, 02:28 PM
:sl:

I wonder if the people of the world would be viewing the Palestine/Israel conflict differently if they were more aware that this is not just a Muslim/Jew thing. Not all Palestinians are Muslim and they are also affected.

Just some additional food for thought.

Prior to the independence of the state of Israel, approximately 10% of Palestine's (excluding Transjordan) Arab population was Christian. This is reflected in the large number of prominent Palestinians that are Christian, including Hanan Ashrawi, Emile Habibi, Edward Said, Anis Shorrosh, George Habash, Nayef Hawatmeh, Rifat Odeh Kassis and activist Raymonda Tawil, who is also the mother of Yassir Arafat's wife Suha. The current Palestinian Ambassador to the United States, Afif Saffieh, is also a Holy Land Christian. However, the Christians were also often found in the more affluent segments of Palestinian society which generally fled or were expelled from the country in conjunction with the 1948 Arab-Israeli War; in West Jerusalem, over 50% of Christians lost their homes to the advancing Israeli army, according to the historian Sami Haddad [1].
source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_Christian

People need to be aware that it is not just Muslims that need a Peaceful resolution for Palestine.

Ninth_Scribe
03-24-2007, 05:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Coordinator of the People's Committee, Mohammad Ilyas, said that the Wall is part of the Zionist ideology that Palestinian land is for the people of Israel, including the water, trees, economic livelihoods, and the holy city of Jerusalem.

http://english.pnn.ps/index.php?opti...=1995&Itemid=1
I thought King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia was sending one billion dollars of emergency aid to Palestine? They created a unity government which was all that was required of them to obtain that aid. That could make a difference to people's lives there.

Ninth Scribe

islamirama
03-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Israeli Strip Searching Women and Children - http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...48687549&hl=en

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
03-25-2007, 06:40 AM
So... who could tell this to the world - Israel is the new South Aparthaid Africa?

I am telling it all the time!

:raging:

MTAFFI
03-26-2007, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Israeli Strip Searching Women and Children - http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...48687549&hl=en
This video is propoganda, I quit watching after I saw it said "She was forced to leave her home", people left their homes because they believed their allies in the region would destroy the Jews that came there and they would get their land back, unfortunately for them their allies lost and so was their land

Very sad, and I feel bad for every Palestinian that has faced injustice, just as I feel for the Jews that have faced injustice.

islamirama
03-27-2007, 12:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
This video is propoganda, I quit watching after I saw it said "She was forced to leave her home", people left their homes because they believed their allies in the region would destroy the Jews that came there and they would get their land back, unfortunately for them their allies lost and so was their land

Very sad, and I feel bad for every Palestinian that has faced injustice, just as I feel for the Jews that have faced injustice.
It seems propaganda to you but its the reality to them. Just as the blacks were forced to do many things before they got any freedom in the west.

Trumble
03-27-2007, 07:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

I wonder if the people of the world would be viewing the Palestine/Israel conflict differently if they were more aware that this is not just a Muslim/Jew thing. Not all Palestinians are Muslim and they are also affected.
It was viewed in much the same way when it was perceived as an Arab/Israeli thing rather than a muslim/Jew thing. I'd argue both that it it should still be seen that way, and at least in Europe (I don't know about the US) it still is. I think the 'muslim/Jew' thing has as much to do with the the everyone-against-Islam paranoia as the reality.

Or in short, I don't think it wouldn't make any difference at all. Far more ordinary people care than are ever given credit for, but those in power find it expedient to do nothing other than host the odd 'peace' conference.

MTAFFI
03-27-2007, 01:39 PM
It seems propaganda to you but its the reality to them. Just as the blacks were forced to do many things before they got any freedom in the west.
I hardly think that strip searching these women and children even comes close to the injustices that the blacks in early america. To be honest, I know it sounds terrible, but I think the Israelis are doing what they feel necessary to keep the peace in their land. I dont agree with it, and I feel bad for these people that feel humiliated, however in drastic times drastic measures must be taken. I am sure everyone knows about the car bombers with the kids in the car at a checkpoint the other day, it is just one example of the lengths that some will go to create instability and mayhem. Many of the injustices that Muslims face today are a direct result of other Muslims actions, and unless the entire Muslim world makes an attempt to do something to stop it, these sorts of things should be expected.

islamirama
03-28-2007, 03:59 AM
I hardly think that strip searching these women and children even comes close to the injustices that the blacks in early america. To be honest, I know it sounds terrible, but I think the Israelis are doing what they feel necessary to keep the peace in their land. I dont agree with it, and I feel bad for these people that feel humiliated, however in drastic times drastic measures must be taken. I am sure everyone knows about the car bombers with the kids in the car at a checkpoint the other day, it is just one example of the lengths that some will go to create instability and mayhem. Many of the injustices that Muslims face today are a direct result of other Muslims actions, and unless the entire Muslim world makes an attempt to do something to stop it, these sorts of things should be expected.
Firstly its NOT there land, they are the occupiers there. What Muslims face today is the result of anti-islam crap not the result of other muslims. You should get out more, more then 90% of americans don't even know the policies US has against other nations. that's the problem, the polices against other nations. and here's a good video if you want to know the problem with middle east...

Why ME bleeds - http://video.google.com/googleplayer...32344102&hl=en

And why US can't leave other nations alone

info wars - Flase Flags - http://video.google.com/googleplayer...97686216&hl=en

MTAFFI
03-28-2007, 01:41 PM
Firstly its NOT there land, they are the occupiers there.
Well tell me then, whose land is it? Why is it their land?
What Muslims face today is the result of anti-islam crap not the result of other muslims. You should get out more, more then 90% of americans don't even know the policies US has against other nations.
Really, I didnt know that, where do you get this 90% figure? I happen to know very much about US foreign policy, tell me about this "anti-islam crap" that Muslims face today, so that I may elaborate. Most of this anti-islam is because of the problems Islam faces within itself.

that's the problem, the polices against other nations. and here's a good video if you want to know the problem with middle east...
Neither of these links worked for me, however I noticed infowars next to one of them which is basically a conspiracy site and I am not sure what "Why Me Bleeds" is but if it is anything like the other one I am sure the video is just as worthless. Give me a link to something credible and then you may gain my interest.

islamirama
03-29-2007, 12:26 AM
Well tell me then, whose land is it? Why is it their land?

Really, I didnt know that, where do you get this 90% figure? I happen to know very much about US foreign policy, tell me about this "anti-islam crap" that Muslims face today, so that I may elaborate. Most of this anti-islam is because of the problems Islam faces within itself.

Neither of these links worked for me, however I noticed infowars next to one of them which is basically a conspiracy site and I am not sure what "Why Me Bleeds" is but if it is anything like the other one I am sure the video is just as worthless. Give me a link to something credible and then you may gain my interest.
try sheikh google, you'll find all your answers there.

Muezzin
03-29-2007, 01:17 AM
Realistically, on the side of the Israelis, it's more of a nationalistic and ethnic divide rather than a religious one. So, whereas extremist Palestinians hate Israelis and Jews, extremist Israelis hate Palestinians and Arabs (rather than Muslims).

Of course there must be louder voices condemning unjust violence in the name of Islam, but that in itself would not solve the Middle Eastern conflict.

MTAFFI
03-29-2007, 01:06 PM
try sheikh google, you'll find all your answers there.
I dont think I find the same answers you do

MTAFFI
03-29-2007, 01:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Realistically, on the side of the Israelis, it's more of a nationalistic and ethnic divide rather than a religious one. So, whereas extremist Palestinians hate Israelis and Jews, extremist Israelis hate Palestinians and Arabs (rather than Muslims).

Of course there must be louder voices condemning unjust violence in the name of Islam, but that in itself would not solve the Middle Eastern conflict.
I have to agree, I think "louder voices" would be a huge help to the situation, however it would not stop everything. I think serious action would also need to be taken by both governments, starting with the disarming of both countries and a lock down on the borders (or at least as best they can) to stop the flow of bombs and weapons into the countries. Immediately following this I think the governments should convene and try to quickly make some progress between the two. The violence would obviously continue but would hopefully be more controlled and far less common. None of this will happen though without some sort of starting place, and I think that the Muslims of the world condemning these actions and advocating peace between the two would be a huge first step, I honestly think the Jews would stop their fighting if Palestine stopped theirs. But who knows really, everything is just speculation until something is actually done. I do thinks the Saudis are taking a step in the right direction as far as all this goes right now

mariam.
03-29-2007, 01:38 PM
I dont think I find the same answers you do
peace be upon who follow the truth and seek for it:

Hi Mr.MTAFFI:

Can I ask some Question?
Why we should suffer jews faults and sins .. Now after 3000 years?
whereas we can't just dreaming to return to Andalus that we lost either becouse of our faults and sins ..? NOW after 700 years ..
Why all the world confirm jews right to reoccupy palastine now?
whereas we can't just said that we have right to regain cordoba to be mosque ..
What jews gave to us except damage, kill, recism and poverty?
What we give to Andalus except knowledge, fairness, improvement, civilzation?
Both make mistakes and leave the godly legislation .. Why this partial view?

IT'S ONLY THE SAME STORY .. SO WHY?

I did'nt mean you Mr.MTAFFI .. but you should KNOW THE REALITY.

peace

MTAFFI
03-29-2007, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mariam.
peace be upon who follow the truth and seek for it:

Hi Mr.MTAFFI:

Can I ask some Question?
Why we should suffer jews faults and sins .. Now after 3000 years?
whereas we can't just dreaming to return to Andalus that we lost either becouse of our faults and sins ..? NOW after 700 years ..
Why all the world confirm jews right to reoccupy palastine now?
whereas we can't just said that we have right to regain cordoba to be mosque ..
What jews gave to us except damage, kill, recism and poverty?
What we give to Andalus except knowledge, fairness, improvement, civilzation?
Both make mistakes and leave the godly legislation .. Why this partial view?

IT'S ONLY THE SAME STORY .. SO WHY?

I did'nt mean you Mr.MTAFFI .. but you should KNOW THE REALITY.

peace
Mariam

I hope you understand, that I do not wish for any civilization to suffer the faults of anyone elses. I wish for peace in Israel and Palestine and the rest of the world. Jews, in my view, have contributed many things to the world and racisim, murder and poverty has been contributed by every known race, religion, and ethnic group on the face of the earth. My response that you quoted was because the views of the person I was responding to are completely bias and are embedded with lies and propoganda. In contrast, I like to look at both sides of the conflict, I think the Jews have as much right to this land as the Christians and the Muslims, I think the problem is the Palestinians do not want to share this land and neither do the Israelis, this is the problem. There is propoganda and cover ups on both sides and the Muslims listen to the palestinian side and the Jews listen to the Israeli side, when really both sides need to simply listen to each other and work out the differences, pretty sad that in this day in age we still resort to this behavior to settle differences

mariam.
03-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Mariam

I hope you understand, that I do not wish for any civilization to suffer the faults of anyone elses. I wish for peace in Israel and Palestine and the rest of the world. Jews, in my view, have contributed many things to the world and racisim, murder and poverty has been contributed by every known race, religion, and ethnic group on the face of the earth.
MTAFFI ..

Baldly I agree with you ..
but I have to explain a few points:
-The conflict between us and jew.. isn't a conflict between religions.
It's conflict between the landowner (palestinian) and who violate this land (israeli).
That's the truth that coming in the western media distorted .. To make you hate this merciful religion with out free will.
I know that's not your fault .. but it's ours

- our GOD allow us to fight who violate our land and our rights ..
"To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid;-

(They are) those who have been expelled from their homes in defiance of right,- (for no cause) except that they say, "Our Lord is Allah". Did not Allah check one set of people by means of another, there would surely have been pulled down monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques, in which the name of Allah is commemorated in abundant measure. Allah will certainly aid those who aid his (cause);- for verily Allah is full of Strength, Exalted in Might, (able to enforce His Will).

(They are) those who, if We establish them in the land, establish regular prayer and give Zakat, enjoin the right and forbid wrong: with Allah rests the end (and decision) of (all) affairs."

yes OUR religion is the religion of peace, LOVE and Coexistence .. but that doesn't mean that we are humble infront of who occupy our LAND and destroy our home and kill our brothers and sisters.

-If jews comes to palestine to LIVE with us as FRIENDS .. SO why they DOING ALL THIS OUTRAGEOUS DEED? please give me ONE causation.

do you know Rachel Corrie .. have you ever thinking why she was killed?

My response that you quoted was because the views of the person I was responding to are completely bias and are embedded with lies and propoganda.
please don't talk LIKE that .. it's only a DIFFERENT opinion.
"O ye who believe! Avoid suspicion as much (as possible): for suspicion in some cases is a sin: and spy not on each other, nor speak ill of each other behind their backs. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Nay, ye would abhor it...But fear Allah, for Allah is Oft- Returning, Most Merciful.
O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise each other). Verily the most honored of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things)." (The Inner Apartments:12,13)

In contrast, I like to look at both sides of the conflict, I think the Jews have as much right to this land as the Christians and the Muslims, I think the problem is the Palestinians do not want to share this land and neither do the Israelis, this is the problem. There is propoganda and cover ups on both sides and the Muslims listen to the palestinian side and the Jews listen to the Israeli side, when really both sides need to simply listen to each other and work out the differences, pretty sad that in this day in age we still resort to this behavior to settle differences
you are right .. may GOD blessing you.

peace

mariam.
03-30-2007, 11:45 AM
I think this LINKS could be benefic ..

A CALL TO THE ISRAELIS

JEWS AGAINST ISRAELI TERRORISM

HISTORY OF THE JEWS

MUSLIM PALESTINE

ZIONISM: A SECULAR NATIONALISM THAT BETRAYED JUDAISM

ZIONIST TERROR

THE INTIFADA

THE ISRAEL'S PEACE GAME

Peace :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.