/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do u check them?

shible
03-24-2007, 05:53 PM
:sl:

I knew we muslims are are not allowed to check the horroscopes.

I have a Poll here which includes some facts that are revolving around the net in the name of Fun yet i really don't know how many noticed it.........

check the info in Poll and reply whether they are correct or not

Since i feel these kind of informations force us to believe that they hold true absolute information.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
shible
03-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Comments are Appreciated and also describe your Views on these information

IbnAbdulHakim
03-24-2007, 06:11 PM
:salamext:

Abu Dawood in his Sunan with a saheeh isnaad from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him), that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever learns anything of astrology has learned a branch of witchcraft (al-sihr)…” And al-Bazzaar narrated with a jayyid isnaad from ‘Imraan ibn Husayn that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “He is not one of us who practises augury or has it done for him, who tells fortunes or has his fortune told, or who practises witchcraft or has that done for him.” Whoever claims to know some matter of the unseen either is a fortune-teller or is acting like a fortune-teller in some sense, because Allaah is the only One Who has knowledge of the unseen. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning);

“Say: ‘None in the heavens and the earth knows the Ghayb (Unseen) except Allaah…’”

[al-Naml 27:65]

Khayal
03-25-2007, 01:08 AM
:sl:

Yep, I used to sometimes, for fun only. I don't believe in them. I stopped checking them now, because it is non islamic,
Astaghfirullah...:blind:

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
snakelegs
03-25-2007, 02:09 AM
none of the above.

SirZubair
03-25-2007, 02:12 AM
next time, when you create a thread, add a 'none of the above' option.

akulion
03-25-2007, 02:16 AM
horoscopes are totally haram

as for what us fav color...well i think a person should know that, as opposed to a script telling them what it is lol

what kind of baby / animal / cartoon character you are those scripts are just jokes in the end

none of these should be taken seriously and horoscopes should be avoided altogether (even if for fun)

syilla
03-25-2007, 02:27 AM
none of the above :hmm:

shible
03-25-2007, 03:26 AM
Assalamu alaikkum

Can any Mod Help me by adding "none of these" in the Poll list.

Thanks

shible
03-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Thanks Mod for adding the options

AvarAllahNoor
03-26-2007, 02:05 AM
None of the above, all forbidden in Sikhism

Sanobar
03-26-2007, 08:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
none of these should be taken seriously and horoscopes should be avoided altogether (even if for fun)
even for fun? ermm...:-[ :-[

i jus do it for fun.. now dat i knw its not even good if its for fun.. i wont do it at all! :-[ :-[ jazakAllah for the information !!:D

sapphire
03-26-2007, 10:08 AM
none of the above......

its tht first peek glance for 'fun' then it goes onto becomming a habit to check it, then its more like a neccessity in ur life to check it.....

i remember once when discussing this in class i was told: why check even for 'fun' if you dont believe in it....after all one step leads to another with the whispering of shaytaan.......so yep avoiding them it is.....

HIJABI***
03-26-2007, 11:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sanobar
even for fun? ermm...:-[ :-[

i jus do it for fun.. now dat i knw its not even good if its for fun.. i wont do it at all! :-[ :-[ jazakAllah for the information !!:D

wots the fun in that sis???????:rollseyes
im totally aginst al that not even for "fun":D

Muezzin
03-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Which month were u Born?
You don't generally consult a fortune teller when you lose your birth certificate.

Khadijah79
04-04-2007, 11:45 AM
I used to read my horoscope when I was a non-muslim...

But what a total wast of time it used to say more then less the same rubbish every day....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.