PDA

View Full Version : Are women faster than men in running? Who would win?



extraprogram1
03-25-2007, 02:22 AM
Who would win if both men and women run? Women? There are many better women athletics than men. So who would win?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
akulion
03-25-2007, 02:24 AM
depends from person to person in the end
Reply

extraprogram1
03-25-2007, 02:30 AM
Originally Posted by akulion
depends from person to person in the end
I was told that men are faster since they have more strength than women.
Reply

akulion
03-25-2007, 02:31 AM
well lets say this is a man ---> O

and this is the woman he is competing against ---> |

who do u think will win?

lol
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
extraprogram1
03-25-2007, 02:32 AM
Originally Posted by akulion
well lets say this is a man ---> o

and this is the woman he is competing against ---> |

who do u think will win?

lol
so women are faster than men generally?
Reply

akulion
03-25-2007, 02:33 AM
I dont know of any scientific studies conducted on this

but I think the best way to really know would be to compare the world champs in the 100 meter for both men and women and compare their lap times
Reply

extraprogram1
03-25-2007, 02:33 AM
Originally Posted by akulion
I dont know of any scientific studies conducted on this

but I think the best way to really know would be to compare the world champs in the 100 meter for both men and women and compare their lap times
so who's physically strong? men or women?
Reply

akulion
03-25-2007, 02:36 AM
in a natural state where both the male and the female have been brought up in the same manner...it would be men. Both their muscle structure as well as bone structure is stronger.
Reply

extraprogram1
03-25-2007, 02:39 AM
Originally Posted by akulion
in a natural state where both the male and the female have been brought up in the same manner...it would be men. Both their muscle structure as well as bone structure is stronger.
so exactly. Strength also involves running, isn't it? So aren't men faster than women generally?
Reply

akulion
03-25-2007, 02:44 AM
well so if u knew the answer then why ask the question ? :p
Reply

extraprogram1
03-25-2007, 02:46 AM
Originally Posted by akulion
well so if u knew the answer then why ask the question ? :p
But I want to hear from you. Please. I am serious.
Reply

akulion
03-25-2007, 02:48 AM
well like i said it depends

if ur a fat man and ur racing against a world class female athlete u wont win

back to my original reply: so it all depends from person to person
Reply

extraprogram1
03-25-2007, 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by akulion
well like i said it depends

if ur a fat man and ur racing against a world class female athlete u wont win

back to my original reply: so it all depends from person to person
What if both thin woman and man race?
Reply

akulion
03-25-2007, 02:51 AM
then it depends if the man had legs or not
Reply

Darkseid
03-25-2007, 03:25 AM
Women are generally more agile than men but men are able to retain their stamina at a longer duration. Plus some men can run so fast I doubt they could have an equal. Like those guys in the Caribbean.

But strength has its importance in bringing out the first sprint in speed like a Cheetah.

So if it was a short race like a instant sprint in the olympics, then it is by far more likely that a man may win. This is because strength does take a role on pushing yourself from the start on gaining speed. And though agility should seem important. The push part off the ground to instant sprint actually require strength, instead of agility. The agility part comes after the body has become adjusted to that speed. But this is a general rule and may not imply to weak men or strong women. A stronger woman would have less trouble at beating a weaker man than a weaker woman.

If it was a decent length race, but not too long like about half a mile, then it is by far more likely that a woman may win. This is because women are generally more agile. They can move each individual body part of theirs quickery because they tend to weigh less due to the less muscle mass and bone density that women often have. But this is a general rule and may not imply all women and men.

If it was a long race like a marathon or just two miles then a man may be more suited for victory, since men tend to have more endurance than women. Endurance comes from being in better shape and more experience in running. The more you run, the higher your endurance will become. But this like the others is just a general rule and may not imply all women and men.
Reply

SirZubair
03-25-2007, 06:33 AM
There are alot of stupid threads on LI, this one takes the cake.



Have a slice..
Reply

'Abd al-Baari
03-25-2007, 11:05 AM
:sl:

^^lol^^

I think men are generally faster than women but as someone said it depends on who's racing against who at the end of the day
Allah knows best
Reply

extraprogram1
03-25-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by Darkseid
Women are generally more agile than men but men are able to retain their stamina at a longer duration. Plus some men can run so fast I doubt they could have an equal. Like those guys in the Caribbean.

But strength has its importance in bringing out the first sprint in speed like a Cheetah.

So if it was a short race like a instant sprint in the olympics, then it is by far more likely that a man may win. This is because strength does take a role on pushing yourself from the start on gaining speed. And though agility should seem important. The push part off the ground to instant sprint actually require strength, instead of agility. The agility part comes after the body has become adjusted to that speed. But this is a general rule and may not imply to weak men or strong women. A stronger woman would have less trouble at beating a weaker man than a weaker woman.

If it was a decent length race, but not too long like about half a mile, then it is by far more likely that a woman may win. This is because women are generally more agile. They can move each individual body part of theirs quickery because they tend to weigh less due to the less muscle mass and bone density that women often have. But this is a general rule and may not imply all women and men.

If it was a long race like a marathon or just two miles then a man may be more suited for victory, since men tend to have more endurance than women. Endurance comes from being in better shape and more experience in running. The more you run, the higher your endurance will become. But this like the others is just a general rule and may not imply all women and men.
Incorrect,

You are opposite. Men are stronger, their legs are stronger. Strong have an great impact on running. It's not just being agile. Men are generally fast unless if they are extremely fat and running against a thin women.

Like you said strong woman would have trouble running against weak women, compared to weak men. Wrong again! Weak men are in fact much faster.

Again wrong, men have better endurance than women? Where did you get from that? Women bear child, and they bear pain for 9 months due to pregnancy. Press your stomach for 9 months then you would know.
Reply

extraprogram1
03-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by SirZubair
There are alot of stupid threads on LI, this one takes the cake.



Have a slice..
Thanks for the offer. I am not hungry now.
Reply

extraprogram1
03-25-2007, 05:48 PM
This thread is not stupid. It has infact has one answer.
Reply

SirZubair
03-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by extraprogram1
This thread is not stupid. It has infact has one answer.
And the answer is ?

"Allah knows best". There is no such thing as 'the ultimate man' and 'the ultimate woman', so we can't put them to the test, which means you/we will never find out.
Reply

extraprogram1
03-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by SirZubair
And the answer is ?

"Allah knows best". There is no such thing as 'the ultimate man' and 'the ultimate woman', so we can't put them to the test, which means you/we will never find out.
Allah Tallah said in Quran that men have more strength than women. Doesn't strength involve running?
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-25-2007, 06:42 PM
Well I know Im faster then my bros...lol. Cept i ono how much thats changed now. havent practiced much....
So really it kinda depends. Practice makes a difference. I never practiced when i was lil...but was fast. I dont really last nemore now cuz i lost practice lol. So you want my answer?

It depends
Reply

SirZubair
03-25-2007, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by extraprogram1
Allah Tallah said in Quran that men have more strength than women. Doesn't strength involve running?
not necessarily, no.

Allah knows best.

A man can have more upper body strength,... more will power...? I know men who can't push a tray of milk, carry a bag of rice from one place to another, but can run like a horse! i know other men who can carry a dozen bags of rice in one go, but when he is running, they look like humpty dumpty.

You and i are not scholars, lets not make silly attempts at interpretting the Holy Quran.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-25-2007, 06:43 PM
^^I agree. I feel like a man sometimes when i lift heavy stuff...:offended: tho i shouldnt >.< i remember in high school, guys who were MAD slowwwww omg. it was saddening lol.
Reply

FBI
03-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Jazzy
^^I agree. I feel like a man sometimes when i lift heavy stuff...:offended: tho i shouldnt >.< i remember in high school, guys who were MAD slowwwww omg. it was saddening lol.
It's usually hench guys who are slow but if they catch u, your janaza will be quick :D
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-25-2007, 06:56 PM
:eek: not if i got a bat or sometin on me, cuz then everyone will be at their funeral :rollseyes ;D
Reply

extraprogram1
03-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by SirZubair
not necessarily, no.

Allah knows best.

A man can have more upper body strength,... more will power...? I know men who can't push a tray of milk, carry a bag of rice from one place to another, but can run like a horse! i know other men who can carry a dozen bags of rice in one go, but when he is running, they look like humpty dumpty.

You and i are not scholars, lets not make silly attempts at interpretting the Holy Quran.
Qur'an 4:34

Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in
(the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and
ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to
obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).
Reply

SUMMAYAH
03-25-2007, 08:46 PM
It's a big mystery!
Me and my husband race all the time, He always claims to beat me by a second where-as 'I know' I reached the finish line a second b4 him!
Reply

ZAYD
03-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by SUMMAYAH
It's a big mystery!
He always claims to beat me by a second where-as 'I know' I reached the finish line a second b4 him!
I LET u win!:D
Reply

pearlfaith
03-25-2007, 10:43 PM
lol...women r fast! did u no if ur wedding finger (i dnt no the techniqal name for this 1) is longer then the rest then you are faster... check it out....and no im not making this up...(was on tv, soo relable)
Reply

Khayal
03-25-2007, 11:00 PM
You see, practice makes perfect. Whoever trains more, man or woman, will be faster. So you see, it depends. However, Allah has created man naturally stronger than woman, and we can't argue with that.
Reply

Yanal
03-25-2007, 11:07 PM
Asalam alkum warkmatulah wabrkatuh my brothers and sisters sorry if i am wrong but i think women if not than please forgive me :w:
Reply

Darkseid
03-26-2007, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by extraprogram1
Incorrect,

You are opposite.
Opposite? Unlikely. Show me some proof and then I'll believe you.

Men are stronger, their legs are stronger. Strong have an great impact on running.
Women tend to have stronger legs then men. Men tend to just work on their upper body, so you are only half right. But legs is only a part to running. Running requires the whole body. Trust me. If you just ran with your legs and if you'll ran with your arms in running motion, you will notice a difference.

Running requires a full body motion, not just legs. But legs are important.

It's not just being agile.
What did I say? Didn't I say that men are generally quick when it comes the initial sprint? And that was a factor of strength? Didn't I say that? You obviously weren't reading what I was saying, now weren't you? Give me some honesty here, okay?

Men are generally fast unless if they are extremely fat and running against a thin women.
Thin? Thin people got hardly any endurance? You need a ton of energy to run. A freaking ton. You burn yourself out to near exhaustion if you were to say run a marathon and not fit enough. Now thin isn't in shape. Thin is what is below being in shape. That's like bone dry and no meat to it. Being in shape means you got meat on those bones. You have some muscles. Sure your waist is definitely thin. But your overall body isn't. Muscle does require space, so you aren't thin, you are just in shape. And what does shape mean? It means you have the right curves of what is considered to be a normal human being. But that subject may vary between each human being.

Like you said strong woman would have trouble running against weak women, compared to weak men.
Listen to what you just said. Running is a factor of strength yes? And now you are saying that strong people have trouble running against weak people? Now what is up with that? Sound like a contradiction to me.


Wrong again! Weak men are in fact much faster.
Well you sure went in a 180 on that subject. WRONG!

Weak men aren't fast. Some of them sure can be fast for a period of time and some like those out of shape in the opposite direction (being too thin, definition of being weak) but they have no endurance to continue the race. They burn off all of their energy. You do understand people need energy to run, right? Where is energy stored? In fatty tissue, right? Sure you knew of that right? The only reason why fat people cannot run so well is because they have too much weight. It is not because they are so fat. But because they have so much fat and not enough of the right muscles to excersize that fat and move that weight that they run at such a slow speed and exhaust so quickly. If you remove that fat and still have the same puny muscles. Sure he should be able to run a bit more, but that's all. Still not enough muscle.

Now this isn't a matter of being muscler. Becuase Muscular people still have a ton of weight. So they need more muscle in the right areas like all people to move that weight. Most of them do have those muscles. Especially if they are from the military. Oh boy can muscular military personnel move like the wind.

There are certain muscles that were perfectly in the fashion needed to move weight in the running motion. Those are the muscles necessary to excercize to increase movement and speed, as well as endurance. The heart is the most important of all these muscles. Besides the heart there are small joint muscles around the ankles, knees, hips, and in the arms necessary to advance or improve running capabilities.

Again wrong, men have better endurance than women? Where did you get from that?
Don't you mean, where do I get that from? Sheesh you need to hear yourself speak. And where do I get that idea from. Aren't you aware that there is something called common sense? Endurance isn't something that is granted to someone base on their genetic qualities. It is something granted base on social differences. Men are more endurance prone, because of their social difference. I mean how often do you see a pack of boys running then do you see girls? Where does endurance come from? How do you gain it or improve it? By running, right? The more you excercize and run, the more endurance you have. And this is a general rule. Men do have more endurance. They tire out less quickly and can improve on their endurace more quicker as well. It is just a general rule. Not all men have good endurance. Many men can be beat by a girl, depending on who that girl is. I mean an olympic could probably beat just about any non-olympic guy and maybe some of the olympic guys. Those guys that aren't as focused to winning than that girl. If it was an even matter of focus, physical fitness, and among other things then an adult guy can easily out run an adult girl.

But let's say for a movement this involved just any male and female of the human species. Then I'll have to restate that, because todds shouldn't even count. I mean their small structure and endless active nature, allows them to continue running until they fall asleep, which can take hours. It is not a matter of speed or natural endurance to them. It is a matter of how long they can stay awake.

Women bear child
That doesn't mean a thing. You think it does. But it doesn't. In fact there are more complicated bad things that come from the association of child bearing than there are good.

For instance because women can bear children, they naturally store more fat and therefore it is harder for them to lose it. There are other things, like a woman's attitude being much more naturally aggressive and opinionated than a guy. And you would think otherwise, because women tend to act more seclusive or submissive. But in reality, they tend to demand more and want more. It is a part of their nature that allows them to be good shoppers and stylizers. Not all women are like this. But they all share some similarity that makes them equal in some degree. Just as men tend to be more independent and obsessive.

and they bear pain for 9 months due to pregnancy.
Nine months of pain? I really? Can you really say that a woman has to suffer pain for every second of every day? You make it sound like men can't do a single thing? Don't tell me that I don't know what pain is. If you want to be treated equal, then you are going to have to treat people as your equals even if they aren't the same gender.

Press your stomach for 9 months then you would know.
Stop being so full of yourself and thinking you are the only one that suffers. I bet that over sixty percent of women world wide would want you to rephrase what you had just said. It is already a problem that feminazism exists. And enough women have to deal with it everyday with their husbands, sons, brothers, friends, cousins, or distant relatives being harassed or humiliated by women in the same workplace or in other affiliations. Most women have had enough of it. There is even anti-feminist movement that is highly advocated and supported by mostly just pure women. Why would they do something like that? It is because they had enough of women that are forcing men down as being nothing at all. It is strange indeed that women might be wanting to give up their own rights. But they care enough about their men, friends, or male relatives to do something about the injustice that comes from having more rights. The injustice of having innocent men encounter the same pains that women had to encounter as they start gaining rights. So please, for your sisters, don't make life more of a hell for them. Okay?

Sorry for getting you upset. It wasn't my intention.
Reply

extraprogram1
03-26-2007, 03:08 AM
Darkseid,

You are definately wrong.

Where did you get this statement from? Women legs are stronger than men's? Huh! Men have overall more strength than women. Men legs are stronger. Study biology. You got the false information from people.

As far as running is concerned, men outperform women. Their legs are stronger. Even in cycling, men tend to do better. Men can kick the ball higher in soccer.

Women can endure better than men.

Period!
Reply

Allah-creation
03-26-2007, 04:53 AM
darksein you should watch the world strongest men and see how much they squat.
Reply

SirZubair
03-26-2007, 06:35 AM
Originally Posted by extraprogram1
Qur'an 4:34

Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in
(the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and
ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to
obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).
Please, don't quote the Qur'an to back up the stupid conclusion that you've come up with. Show the Qur'an some respect.
Reply

*charisma*
03-26-2007, 06:52 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Ok so men are stronger than women? what's your point?

Another reason for a man to raise his ego?

Au'dhu billah.

When it comes down to running, it depends on the individual, period. We cannot generalize every man, or every woman, because we don't know the disadvantages every man or every woman has.

This question helps one's iman how? I see it separating instead. It's not doing so much good arguing who's a better runner, there's no benefit in it. Spend your time doing something better inshallah.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-24-2014, 06:08 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-24-2011, 03:48 PM
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 10:36 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 01:15 PM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-30-2006, 11:15 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!