/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can The Prophet (pbuh) Hear Those Who Call

HIJABI***
03-26-2007, 12:22 PM
:sl:
A just wanted to ask a question which i have been thinking about
Can the Prophet (PBUH) hear those who call upon him when he is in his grave??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
03-26-2007, 01:49 PM
:salamext:

he can recieve our salaams when we send them to him, angels take our salaams to him sis. But we shouldnt call out to him for help as that is shirk, (im sure you know this already ofcourse :) )

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no one who sends salaams upon me, but Allaah will restore to me my soul so that I may return his salaams.”
(Saheeh Sunan Abi Dawood, 1795)

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah has angels who travel about the earth, conveying to me the salaams of my ummah.”
(Saheeh Sunan al-Nasaa’i, 1215; al-Silsilat al-Saheehah, 2853).

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Prophets are alive and they pray in their graves.”
(Narrated by al-Mundhiri and al-Bayhaqi who classed it as saheeh because of corroborating reports in al-Saheehayn.)

BUT KEEP IN MIND::::

“Say (O Muhammad): “I possess no power over benefit or hurt to myself except as Allaah wills. If I had the knowledge of the Ghayb (Unseen), I should have secured for myself an abundance of wealth”
(al-A’raaf 7:188)

“And your Lord said: “Invoke Me [i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islamic Monotheism) and ask Me for anything] I will respond to your (invocation)”
(Ghaafir 40:60)

“And (all) the Most Beautiful Names belong to Allaah, so call on Him by them”
[al-A’raaf 7:180].

ALSO:::

“Allaah sends His Salaah (Graces, Honours, Blessings, Mercy) on the Prophet (Muhammad), and also His angels (ask Allaah to bless and forgive him). O you who believe! Send your Salaah on (ask Allaah to bless) him (Muhammad), and (you should) greet (salute) him with the Islamic way of greeting (salutation, i.e. As‑Salaamu ‘Alaykum)”
[al-Ahzaab 33:56]

Umar001
03-26-2007, 02:06 PM
We had a whole thread about this.

The Prophet, peace be upon him, is conveyed the salam given to him, and he is alive but not life as we know it.

We cant just go 'Yo Nabi, peace be upon you, I had a hard day, cant wait to see you, how you been?'

And so on.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-26-2007, 02:11 PM

As Br. IbnAbdulHakim said he recieves our Salaam via an angel.

Regardless if he can hear us or not at his grave, we are not to call out to him and direct our Dua to him asking him to ask Allaah or even worse asking him himself. But it is an obligation to send Salams upon him, and this is something which we should do Insha'Allaah.

Likewise, there is an ikhtilaf whether the dead can hear or not, but that doesn't mean we go to them and ask them to fullfill our needs or ask them to intercede for us with Allaah.

Ibn al-Qayyim says in Madarij al-Salikin (1/332):
From the forms (of Shirk): Requesting the dead for needs, seeking their aid and turning to them.

This is the basis for Shirk in the world. This is because the actions of the dead have ceased. He is not able to harm or benefit himself, let alone the one who seeks his aid, or asks him to fulfil his need, or asks him to intercede for him with Allah, for this is from his ignorance with respect to the intercessor and the one interceded for, as has preceded. This is because he (the intercessor) is not able to intercede for him with Allah, except with His permission. Allah did not make his ‘seeking aid’ and petitioning, a cause for Allah’s permission to be granted. The only cause that grants Allah’s permission (for intercession) is the perfection of Tawheed. Yet, this Mushrik comes along, with a cause that only prevents Allah’s permission (for intercession)!”
See these threads:
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...er-allaah.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...assul-etc.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
HIJABI***
03-27-2007, 09:06 AM
yeh sory my fault i meant receiving salaam not asking for help i know thats shirk!!!
anyway jazakhallah khair

Maimunah
03-27-2007, 10:30 AM

Imam Tibraani (rahmat ullah `alayh) has recorded this Hadith narrated by Sayyidina Abu Darda (r):

The Holy Prophet (s) said : "Increase your recitation of salawat on me on Friday because on this day Angels present themselves to me. There is no servant of Allah who recites salawat upon me, except that his voice reaches me from wherever he is". The Companions asked even after your departure ? "He replied, Yes after my departure too, because Allah has made it Haraam upon the earth to consume the bodies of the Prophets". (Ibn Habbaan, Ibn Majah, Abu Dawood.)

“On Fridays recite the Salawat for me repeatedly ! The Salawat will be conveyed to me." When it was asked whether it would be conveyed to him after his wisaal also, the Prophet (s) answered, "Soil does not rot Prophets' bodies. Whenever a Muslim says the Salawat for me, an Angel informs me of it and says, 'So-and-so's son, so-and-so of your Ummah sent his Salaam and prayed for you.'" (al-Sakhawi, al-Qawl al-badi` p. 107., al-Sakhawi said: "Our shaykh (Ibn Hajar) graded it hasan without doubt.)

:w:

Camomilla
03-27-2007, 11:06 AM
what does wisaal mean?
The thing I know Iz that when u are about to enter in Masjid etc.
u have to say "Bismillah Wassalaatu Wassallamu Alaa Rasulillah"
peace!
:w:

Camomilla
03-27-2007, 11:08 AM
soorryy..
Its "Bismillah Wassalaatu Wassalaamu Alaa Rasulillah"

chacha_jalebi
03-27-2007, 01:02 PM
sendin salaam is a good deed, but askin 4 help is shirk bcos remem surah fatiha? the surah we read everyday:p it says

"iyyaka na abudu wa iyyaka nas ta een"

you alone we worship, you alone we ask for help

also to look propa into the topic, read al wasitah between Allah and his creation, by ibn taymiyyah:D propa hevy book

queenmuslimah
03-27-2007, 01:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
We had a whole thread about this.

The Prophet, peace be upon him, is conveyed the salam given to him, and he is alive but not life as we know it.

We cant just go 'Yo Nabi, peace be upon you, I had a hard day, cant wait to see you, how you been?'

And so on.

loool..............but other than that mashallah this is nice thanks to the person that brought it up.......i learned something mashallah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.