/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dear Converts and Reverts!!

noodles
03-26-2007, 04:56 PM
Assalamueleikum

As many of you know, converts and reverts hold a special place in Islam. These brothers and sisters had to take many different aspects of our religion into consideration and only then did they accept Islam. I'm sure each Muslim has his or her own story about how they came to the realization of Islam and accepted it. So what's the problem?

The problem is I don't have a story.

Rather I should rephrase and say that, I would've liked to have one to create inspiration in the hearts of other Muslims to be more practicing. Unfortunately, I don't. I'm sure many you have heard converts relating their stories about how they accepted Islam. These stories are a great source of impluse for the listener and great morale and Imaan-boosters. I want to relate stories too, yet I cant. Rather, I am left to spread the message through Islamic means[By quoting hadeeth and Quran]. I'm not saying that this is a bad thing, rather, in the present day, many people are inspired by others and what they've been through.

As a muslim, I shouldn't be jealous of my fellow brothers and sisters, but the feeling tingles every time I meet one of your kind. It inspires me to do good, yet it leaves me somewhat empty afterwards.

There is yet another reason for me to feel jealous about my brothers and sisters who converted to Islam.

As many of you know, when a Non-Muslim converts to Islam, his past sins are forgiven and he is sinless much like a new-born baby. This makes me green with envy. Why? because if he passes away right there and then, he would not have to recount for his past sins, whereas if I was to pass away at the same time, I would have a history of sins since birth. Nevertheless, it creates a desire in me to want to do more good than them.

Perhaps I'm being overzealous, but thats a good thing right? :blind:

It maybe that enthusiasm and jealousy are clouding my mind from finding the good points of being a born Muslim.

I do suppose that us Muslims raised from birth have much more chances to do good than the converts but it is equally true for sins.

Anyway, I just that I'd blow green steam from my ears and give you people a piece of my mind. :statisfie However, regardless of what I say or how I feel, I love each and everyone of you for the sake of Allah. I will continue to do so no matter what you say to me.

Jazakhallah Khairun Brothers and sisters.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noodles
03-26-2007, 05:31 PM
p.s Mods feel free to move it to the proper forum :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.