/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Will we soon be using paper made from panda poo?

England
03-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Waste Not, Want Not
Updated: 14:06, Monday March 26, 2007

Staff at a Chinese animal centre are making sure nothing goes to waste with a plan to turn panda poo into paper.

Liao Jun, a researcher at Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding Base, said the idea came to workers during a visit to Thailand where they found paper made from elephant dung.

They thought panda droppings would produce an even finer quality paper and are in talks with several paper mills.

Advertisement

It is hoped waste from Jing Jing, Ke Bi, Ya Ya and dozens of other pandas will be turned into reams of office paper and rolls of wrapping paper.

They hope to have a production line available by next year.

Liao said: "We are not interested in doing this for the profits but to recycle the waste.

"It's environmentally friendly. We can use the paper ourselves and also we can sell whatever is left over."

The centre's 40 bamboo-fed pandas produce about two tons of droppings a day, but it is not yet known how much paper this would produce.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...257580,00.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
03-26-2007, 05:21 PM
seriously man, ur articles are too much :D.

keep it up england :)

Pk_#2
03-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Ahhh who cares

i was gonna freak

i never read anything properly!!

I thought they was making paper out of pandas :'(

LOL panda poo nice one! won't it be a little smelly in lectures?

How does panda poo smell like?

Peace be upon those who folow guidance.

England
03-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Obviously they'll wash it and get the stench out.
I'm just wondering though, will my chip shop chips be wrapped in this paper? :X

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
03-26-2007, 05:45 PM
^hope not... but your chinese takeaway might ;D

thank God such filth is haram in islam

England
03-26-2007, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
^hope not... but your chinese takeaway might ;D

thank God such filth is haram in islam
Maybe in the future paper itself will be "haram" as they may stop cutting down trees and using poo :X

IbnAbdulHakim
03-26-2007, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
Maybe in the future paper itself will be "haram" as they may stop cutting down trees and using poo :X
we'll just have to start out own islamic brand of toilet paper :p

Woodrow
03-26-2007, 06:05 PM
With the scarcity of pandas I would suspect this will be a very expensive novelty paper and not for general use. I doubt if our Sunday comics will be printed on it.

Count DeSheep
03-26-2007, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I doubt if our Sunday comics will be printed on it.
What about the rest of the week's comics?! :exhausted

The panda thing...Ick. Scary. I liked paper afore, but now I don't.
Just another thing the world has ruined for me. Science and news...between them, they can make anything sound disgusting, can't they? >.<

Woodrow
03-26-2007, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Count DeSheep
What about the rest of the week's comics?! :exhausted

The panda thing...Ick. Scary. I liked paper afore, but now I don't.
Just another thing the world has ruined for me. Science and news...between them, they can make anything sound disgusting, can't they? >.<
I believe it would be very appropriate to print the Washington Post on Panda poo except it would be a waste of poo

snakelegs
03-26-2007, 10:22 PM
i guess i'm just weird enough to think it would be fine if we could find a way to make paper out of this abundant, renewable resource (not limited to pandas, off course!).

Muezzin
03-26-2007, 10:22 PM
Awesome, then I will truthfully be able to say 'this book is crap'.

Pk_#2
03-26-2007, 11:05 PM
i was about to say das a loada sh** :o '

oopsy! *pandas are soo cute*

deen_2007
03-26-2007, 11:23 PM
ROFL....this thread is sooooooo funny.:giggling: ;D credits to all the jokers that have posted in this thread!
*wondering*.....i wonder why they can use only panda poo...& not any other animal?
:Evil:

SATalha
03-26-2007, 11:33 PM
i watched a programme calld top gear, where da presenter used cow poo 2 fuel a car. In the future wen we go 2 fill up its gonna b unleaded, diesal and PoO Petrol. Lol paper out of poo, i need 2 consult a sheikh!

Pk_#2
03-26-2007, 11:35 PM
really?

sounds kinda dodgy

we might have to wipe our poo with poo

get it?

England
03-27-2007, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by deen_2007
ROFL....this thread is sooooooo funny.:giggling: ;D credits to all the jokers that have posted in this thread!
*wondering*.....i wonder why they can use only panda poo...& not any other animal?
:Evil:
Pandas tend to eat bamboo and bark so basically they have the same ingredients in their turd as we use to make paper anyway.

Woodrow
03-27-2007, 07:12 PM
If you ever go by a paper mill the smell will tell you that paper is machine poo, a paper mill stinks. A machine chews up (eats) fibers. The chewed up fibers go to a chemical vat (digested) and then then the material is extruded (excreted) to dry and rolled into shape. MACHINE POO

Panda Poo is at least an organic process and probably smells better.

AvarAllahNoor
03-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Haha - Do the pandas know this? They should get a share of the profits so they can leave their baby pandas summat....

Next they'll be making paper out of human plop plops too....The mind boggles

deen_2007
03-27-2007, 07:19 PM
^^^lol....never knew that! thanks

deen_2007
03-27-2007, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor

Next they'll be making paper out of human plop plops too....The mind boggles
they might aswel. thers not enough room in this world for all the plops from, man & animal :D

England
03-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Deleted

IbnAbdulHakim
03-27-2007, 07:24 PM
lol this thread stinks ;D

for real though, its quite nasty :uuh:

England
03-27-2007, 07:29 PM
I used to eat paper. I won't be licking envelopes anymore that's for sure +o(

Woodrow
03-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Like all humorous subjects it is best to bring them to an end before a certain Moderator gets too silly.

Enough said.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.