/* */

PDA

View Full Version : need for more?

IbnAbdulHakim
03-26-2007, 07:25 PM
:salamext:

theres tafsir ibn abbas, and it pretty much covers a LOT... so i was wondering what the need for further tafsir is?

jazakAllah khair (the only reason i can think is ibn abbas RA didnt cover everything, Allahu a'lam)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
learningislam
03-26-2007, 10:08 PM
:wasalamex

Brother,what i think is, different tafaseers can explain the same thing from differnt angles.......or as you can say point of view. So one can get a better understanding of it.

Is tafseer ibn Abaas available in english, if so can you give a link to it.

Personally, i have ibn katheer and Moudoudi's tafaseer at home, & i am reading the latter first coz i find it more easy to understand.....however, sometimes i do check what the former says.

Its just like having lots of Reference books of the same subject.....the same thing explained in different ways.

:salamext:

Pk_#2
03-26-2007, 11:09 PM
our understanding to others are different,

so i'm guessing they are the same things in different perspectives and slants, you pick the one that suits you ...kinda thing

Erm like that book that Imam Ghazali wrote on the afterlife, Imam Haddad rewrote in his own way a different version, which was less complex, and the terminology in his book would be more widely understood then the book Imam Ghazali had first written because he had died some time ago.

Innalillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon

Bad example - but i can't think of anything atm

Minds dead!

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullah!

IbnAbdulHakim
03-27-2007, 09:00 AM
but the thing is i wouldnt want any other point of view other then that of the sahabi's, lol i think i'll stick to tafseer ibn abbas :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
03-27-2007, 09:02 AM
No offence can you explain what the tafsirs are?

:o|

Not as clever as you....yet!

Getting there :D LOL

AsalamuAlaykum! ans if possible :)

IbnAbdulHakim
03-27-2007, 09:09 AM
:wasalamex

lol aint clever and tafsir is explenation of the quran, context of how each ayyat was revealed and why etc etc.

www.altafsir.com <--- they got ibn abbas (RADHIALLAHU ANHU's) tafsir :D !!

i thought if im gnna memorise the quran might aswell learn the framework and complete meaning right? :)

Pk_#2
03-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Yeah i knew it was something like a commentary! :)

Erm jazakAllah for the link,

And yeah that's how the companions of the prophet (pbuh) did it, they didn't just memorise the Qur'an they learnt about the chapter and put it to practice,

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullah!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!