/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Drugs! Heroin! need help & advice...pls

AnonymousPoster
03-27-2007, 01:50 PM
:sl:

Brothers and sisters! specailly those living in the UK...or be it another country...pls help me & my family! :cry:

I only have two brothers, and sadly they are on drugs (heroin) for more then 8 yrs now! its so difficult really. because my father is a pentioner and weak and my mother is very helpless too. Many time with the help of my sisters and many cousins we have tried to rahabilitate them...with money here in the UK and in our country. 8 time we tried. but they always go back to it. its so difficult.

if feel so sorry for my mother. she is suffering the most, financially & mentally. i feel she is so depressed because sometimes she says she'd rather die!:cry: i feel helpless, because i am the youngest. i cannot do anything! we're all so depressed! we dnt have any1 really, that can help us anymore. we've tried everything. & our family doesnt have any males & strong who are older then them, so thats the difficulty. :cry:

when my sisters & mother cries to them, they say they do want to sort out. they say cant, because of the environment. when we took them to our home country after rehab, they went back into it, over there because Heroin is so cheap there. :'( :'( :'( :'( ...we've tried everything. :cry: ...my mother and father are fed-up and i dnt want them to die unhappy. i want them to see my brothers better and moving on b4 they leave us! :cry: :cry: :cry:

so please brother and sister, please tell me whatwe can do? what more there is in the UK or around the world that we can try which may give my parents a little smile in their face? :cry: ...:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: (i am looking for services as well as islamic help really)

thank you

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
samah12
03-27-2007, 02:06 PM
I do not know the answer straight away but I know a person that was a heroin addict for 5 years and then last year got help and stopped. I will go to see her in the next 2 days and find out what she did and post the answer. I hope you can wait that long, if no-one else here can halp you.

AnonymousPoster
03-27-2007, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by samah12
I do not know the answer straight away but I know a person that was a heroin addict for 5 years and then last year got help and stopped. I will go to see her in the next 2 days and find out what she did and post the answer. I hope you can wait that long, if no-one else here can halp you.
okay thank you. but the problem is, they've been sorted like 8 times now. but they keep going bak to it! i feel only allah can help, but then we also need help here in the world. :cry: :cry: :cry: ...how long will we need to wait? its getting to me now :cry: :cry:

samah12
03-27-2007, 02:12 PM
The lady I know had help to stop many times but always went back, until last year so I will find out as quickly as possible what it was they did, I know it was something she never tried before.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tomtomsmom
03-27-2007, 02:24 PM
I have used many drugs in my past (not heroin though) and I can say from experiance, if they don't trully want to stop then there is nothing that you or anyone can do to help. Most times it takes someone hitting rock bottom to see the error of their ways. I hope your brothers don't have to get to that point, but it may be the only way they will stop.

Pk_#2
03-27-2007, 03:15 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

I'm so sorry sis

May Allah (Swt) grant you and your family sabr. (patience) inshaAllah,

Always believe in your brothers, that they can overcome this! Always make dua to Allah (swt) he is the best of helpers.

Try and get your brothers books about death and the afterlife so that they are fully aware of consequences, the hell-fire and remembrance of the hell fire is the best deterrance from sins inshaAllah May Allah (swt) save us from the torments of the fire.

Today in college we had a talk from this brother from London, he's a convert Alhamdhulillah, and he talked about his struggles and how he was influenced into drugs, But through reading a few Ahmed Deedat books he was able to see the truth, day by day he realised Allah (swt) was giving him chances and he thought he has to stop doing drugs and return the favour back to Allah (Swt)...

I can't explain exactly what he said, But basically this lifes temporary, and one day we will have to answer to all that we done.

WalaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

AnonymousPoster
03-27-2007, 03:24 PM
They must be getting the drugs from someone they know, find out who that person is. and sort them out. Go to the source/ supplier of the drugs.Probably a close mater of theirs or someone. Sending them bakc home wont do nothing, only makes matters worse. Stay strong, keep trying. dont give up.

duskiness
03-27-2007, 03:35 PM
There is really no way you could stop addict. He is the only one who can do it. usually it means that they have to hit bottom to try to stop.

Don't even think about blaming yourself, or taking responsiblity for your brothers.
Take care for yourself and the rest of your family - that is all yo can and should do.
and pray.

AnonymousPoster
03-27-2007, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom
I have used many drugs in my past (not heroin though) and I can say from experiance, if they don't trully want to stop then there is nothing that you or anyone can do to help. Most times it takes someone hitting rock bottom to see the error of their ways. I hope your brothers don't have to get to that point, but it may be the only way they will stop.
oh...u see i cnt exactly calculate, but we've been trying for so long. :cry: ..sometimes i get so angry, & i think to myself, maybe somehow if i get them to do time. while they are in the jail, they'll get over it! i know that sounds stupid , but i really want them to be away from these youths who propbably keep on getting them back on it. also i hear sometimes wen ppl r in jail, they think about life seriously, then change.:cry:

AnonymousPoster
03-27-2007, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by |)431)M1
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

I'm so sorry sis

May Allah (Swt) grant you and your family sabr. (patience) inshaAllah,

Always believe in your brothers, that they can overcome this! Always make dua to Allah (swt) he is the best of helpers.

Try and get your brothers books about death and the afterlife so that they are fully aware of consequences, the hell-fire and remembrance of the hell fire is the best deterrance from sins inshaAllah May Allah (swt) save us from the torments of the fire.

Today in college we had a talk from this brother from London, he's a convert Alhamdhulillah, and he talked about his struggles and how he was influenced into drugs, But through reading a few Ahmed Deedat books he was able to see the truth, day by day he realised Allah (swt) was giving him chances and he thought he has to stop doing drugs and return the favour back to Allah (Swt)...

I can't explain exactly what he said, But basically this lifes temporary, and one day we will have to answer to all that we done.

WalaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.
they won't listen to any dawah. its like they've lost so much ...:enough!: ...the only time they pray is EID..thats it sis. they used to go jummah, but thats gone too. they havnt forgotten their surrahs alhamdulliah, nor how to pray or anything about islam. :cry: ..but what your suggessting: they wnt read. cos they know what they r doing is wrong :cry:

AnonymousPoster
03-27-2007, 06:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
They must be getting the drugs from someone they know, find out who that person is. and sort them out. Go to the source/ supplier of the drugs.Probably a close mater of theirs or someone. Sending them bakc home wont do nothing, only makes matters worse. Stay strong, keep trying. dont give up.
anon...you see where we r from has a lot drug users & drug dealers. thers no point figuring that out. one of my brother is out all night. my parents cannot do anything. i have a feeling he does drug dealing. but then again, i cannot be right. they've grown up, so my mother is afraid to talk to them. she says, in this situation, without realising, what if they raise hand on me? :cry: ..they may not no what they r doing.:cry: so our life is very difficult ...pls pray all:cry:

AnonymousPoster
03-27-2007, 06:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by duskiness
There is really no way you could stop addict. He is the only one who can do it. usually it means that they have to hit bottom to try to stop.

Don't even think about blaming yourself, or taking responsiblity for your brothers.
Take care for yourself and the rest of your family - that is all yo can and should do.
and pray.
thank you 4 your support. i know its all there WILL...but i still wanted to know any charities or company's that sort these ppl out. we r so in need.:cry: . my parents do blame themselves: they say maybe they didnt keep a eye on them when they were young. :cry: or if we had catch them earlier, we would have been able to get them out of it. :cry: but seriously, i know its not my parents fault.its where we live, the area.

lifes getting difficult because i am growing up. & one day i'll need to get married. Imagine how ppl will react to this family. although my brothers are the ones in the wrong, me or my sisters or my family have never done wrong. but ppl will judge me & my family upon my brothers. :cry: :cry: :cry: im so worried of what ppl will say

Woodrow
03-27-2007, 07:02 PM
at least 2 posters have already mentioned that somebody on drugs, is not going to stop unless they want to. There is no way to force somebody to stop drugs. Many rehab centers have tried the use of forced withdrawal from drugs and to the best of my knowledge that even with the people who seemed to have been 'cured" they returned to drugs in just a matter of days and in some cases just a matter of hours.

the best any outsider can do is to make constant Du'a that the person will wake up and see the light. But, it has to be their own choice.

The most difficult thing is for family and friends to show tough love and stop all efforts to help the person. It calls for a flat setting down the rules. You do drugs you are out. I love you but a drug addict is not welcome in my house now please pack your bags and leave. I do not know you but if my brother ever returns the door will be open for him.

AnonymousPoster
03-27-2007, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

The most difficult thing is for family and friends to show tough love and stop all efforts to help the person. It calls for a flat setting down the rules. You do drugs you are out. I love you but a drug addict is not welcome in my house now please pack your bags and leave. I do not know you but if my brother ever returns the door will be open for him.

yep. ithink ive learnt its all their WILL :cry: regarding tough love and stopping efforts. its impossible for my mother to do that. we all can do that easily, but she finds it hard sometimes. i understand her, its her children afterall.:cry:

we tried kicking them out, with police force also. but they return, begging as they have no where to go. my mum is soft hearted, so she lets them back in. wer so fed-up of all this. Please all, seriously make dua for my family. thank you

H4RUN
03-27-2007, 07:36 PM
oh...u see i cnt exactly calculate, but we've been trying for so long. :cry: ..sometimes i get so angry, & i think to myself, maybe somehow if i get them to do time. while they are in the jail, they'll get over it! i know that sounds stupid , but i really want them to be away from these youths who propbably keep on getting them back on it. also i hear sometimes wen ppl r in jail, they think about life seriously, then change.:cry:
:sl:

I feel for you anon, having someone like that in your family is not easy, people seem to start judgung you because of them...

As for you saying prison is the cure...that's kind of what i thought would have been best for someone very close in relation to me, day in day out dealing with Class A drugs was hardly something i would hae expected from a person who was always praying 5 prayers daily, wearing a hat etc.... But one thing led to another, i saw a change, and then heard a few things...next thing i know it's prison for him..

Few months in, comes back out, still does his prayers, goes to see his family outside just his own family etc...and then i hear 'old habbits die hard' he's back in the act....

Agreed it's their will that will ultimately get them through, addicts can be hard to sort out, some will go to extremes just to get the 'stuff'....

Just make dua :) Have hope:) and inshaAllah May Allah swt Guide your brothers, along with others who have taken this route, ameen

IbnAbdulHakim
03-27-2007, 07:58 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi

Ameen!

:salamext:

wallahi my sister the advice given above me is indeed the best advice!

Sis do you know how the beautiful sahabi's gave up their old practises of burying daughters, indulging in intoxication, fornication etc? Sister it was surely the ayyat of the quran which talk about the akhirah! The realities of what tortures we will face in the confined grave, the severe heat of the hell fire of which was sent to this dunya after being watered down 70 times, the severity of the day of judgement!

Sis Aisha RA said that if the commandments of giving up evil came before the ayyat about the akhirah then the people would never have given up evil.

So sister, get them into islam, also try to find them a better group to be with.

Wallahi your caring for them could be the reason they come to the right path, so dont weaken believe in them inshaAllah

:wasalamex

IbnAbdulHakim
03-27-2007, 08:00 PM
they won't listen to any dawah. its like they've lost so much ...:enough!: ...the only time they pray is EID..thats it sis. they used to go jummah, but thats gone too. they havnt forgotten their surrahs alhamdulliah, nor how to pray or anything about islam. :cry: ..but what your suggessting: they wnt read. cos they know what they r doing is wrong :cry:

DO NOT let this be a deterrent from taking the advice above sis!

Wallahi if only you knew the practises of many faasiq (evil) people from before they turned to islam you wouldnt doubt the power of dawah!

duskiness
03-27-2007, 08:20 PM

i doubt it could impress any addict. They are sick. They can do almost anything and break all the rules to get what they need.
I found this for you:
DO Focus on your own reaction and attitudes.
DO Allow other people to accept their own responsibilities.
DO Manage your anxieties one day at a time.
DO Invest time reading helpful literature.
DO Learn to be open and honest.
DO Involve yourself in Families Anonymous.
DO Encourage all attempts to seek help.
DO Seek the good in others - and in yourself.

DON'T Accept guilt for another person's acts.
DON'T Nag, argue, lecture or recall past mistakes.
DON'T Overprotect, cover up, or rescue from the consequences. DON'T Neglect yourself or be a doormat
DON'T Yearn for perfection.
DON'T Manipulate or make idle threats.
DON'T Overlook the growth opportunities of a crisis.
DON'T Underestimate the importance of 'release with love'.
DON'T Sit at home feeling depressed
it is taken for this site. They are trying to help people like you. You can contact them via mail, phone or find a meeting.

You are in my prayers

edit:
An Open Letter To My Family

I am a drug abuser. I need help.

Don't solve my problem for me. This only makes me lose respect for you and for myself.

Don't lecture, moralise, scold, blame, or argue whether I'm stoned or sober. It may make you feel better, but it makes the situation worse.

Don't accept my promises. The nature of my illness prevents my keeping them, even though I mean them at the time. Promises are only my way of postponing pain. And don't keep switching agreements; if an agreement is made, stick to it.

Don't lose your temper with me. It will destroy you and any possibility of helping me.

Don't let your anxiety for me make you do what I should do for myself.

Don't believe everything I tell you. Often I don't even know the truth - let alone tell it.

Don't cover up or try to spare me the consequences of my using. It may reduce the crisis, but it will make my illness worse.

Above all, don't run away from reality as I do. Drug dependence, my illness, gets worse as my using continues.

Start now to learn, to understand, to plan for recovery. Find Families Anonymous, a group which exists to help families in just your situation.

I need help - from a doctor, a psychologist, a counsellor, from some people in a self-help programme who've recovered from a drug problem themselves, and from a Power greater than myself.
also from this site

duskiness
03-27-2007, 08:44 PM
some more links
about support for families
some more info on support for families of drug abusers
overall there are a lot of information there about addiction, recovery and help.

there is also well-known prayer used in AA, maybe it can bring some Peace to you.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
enjoying one moment at a time;
accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
taking this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
that I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
forever in the next.

AnonymousPoster
03-27-2007, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

DO NOT let this be a deterrent from taking the advice above sis!

Wallahi if only you knew the practises of many faasiq (evil) people from before they turned to islam you wouldnt doubt the power of dawah!
thank you for ur reply. u see if only u'd understand. no1 can approach them in that sense. they are asleep all day, they wake up at 10pm ish...then all night they are awak & out. if we try to approach them in their 'waking' times...they get ever so angry, start banging doors...shouting..it upsets my mother and we dnt want the whole neibours talking or getting disturbed.

i remember once, one of my brother wanted a £1 late @ night. our family is in financial breakdown.:cry: it was just me & mum at home. no1 had a penny in our purse that time (we dnt keep money @ home). he was doing the usual, shouting, demanding. then he went to the kitchen and was walking aboutwith the knife. i got my mum in my room, locked it, and called the police. they came and took him away, while they wer talking him away, he was saying 'stop them, i wasnt gona do anything mum! i never would' that made us feel more guilty, i no my brother do such thing, but that day was too far. my mother cried to the police, seeking help. telling them to keep him away.:cry:

i hate UK in that sense! they say the only way 2 keep them away, is not to let them in the house. becuse he hadnt done anything to us, and theres no damage either. so they cnt force charges. :cry: . we even tried to sort them out with homeless councils. but here in the UK there is no policy or help really for males. because homeless houses are given priority to children, elderly and females. therz nothing we can do :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

AnonymousPoster
03-27-2007, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by duskiness
some more links
about support for families
some more info on support for families of drug abusers
overall there are a lot of information there about addiction, recovery and help.

there is also well-known prayer used in AA, maybe it can bring some Peace to you.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
enjoying one moment at a time;
accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
taking this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
that I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
forever in the next.
thanks for all ur links...i will check them out

AnonymousPoster
03-27-2007, 10:28 PM
He better off in prison, cuz he making all ur life a misery, why do all of you have to suffer just because of these 2 shaytans. call the cops. if they dont give up the drugs. u gotta scare them.Make them fear you. Make them listen to you.

There are only two of them, they cant hurt you. your his family.. Havent u got any older family members that can talk to them. If not tell the imam of the local masjid, let him have a work with them.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-27-2007, 10:41 PM
thank you for ur reply. u see if only u'd understand. no1 can approach them in that sense. they are asleep all day, they wake up at 10pm ish...then all night they are awak & out. if we try to approach them in their 'waking' times...they get ever so angry, start banging doors...shouting..it upsets my mother and we dnt want the whole neibours talking or getting disturbed.
whoah that aint good,, the devils always pee'ing in their ears. Its from saheeh hadith sis
hmm, sis, do they respect quran? :) try reciting some quran to them when they wake up, and then read aloud the translation so they hear it (if ur scared then read it to urself but read it reeaally loud! and sis start playing really soothing nasheeds although quran works best.
try to do nice things for them although i know it can be really hard and then when they become soft then give them dawah.
if i was in your shoes i would probably just make dua and talk to them now and then... i have other ways lol, im a boy so its different for me i guess.

i remember once, one of my brother wanted a £1 late @ night. our family is in financial breakdown.:cry: it was just me & mum at home. no1 had a penny in our purse that time (we dnt keep money @ home). he was doing the usual, shouting, demanding. then he went to the kitchen and was walking aboutwith the knife. i got my mum in my room, locked it, and called the police. they came and took him away, while they wer talking him away, he was saying 'stop them, i wasnt gona do anything mum! i never would' that made us feel more guilty, i no my brother do such thing, but that day was too far. my mother cried to the police, seeking help. telling them to keep him away.:cry:
we've all been through rough times sis, i understand how it can be. you must remember that Allah is testing us from above seven skies, i hope you pass this test and enter jannah inshaAllah.

i hate UK in that sense! they say the only way 2 keep them away, is not to let them in the house. becuse he hadnt done anything to us, and theres no damage either. so they cnt force charges. :cry: . we even tried to sort them out with homeless councils. but here in the UK there is no policy or help really for males. because homeless houses are given priority to children, elderly and females. therz nothing we can do :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
dnt wry inshaAllah, the source of trouble will one day inshaAllah become your source of strength (your brothers). Why dont you try moving away? theres a hadith about a man who killed 99 but then he moved away to a new area to repent, perhaps youor brothers can also move?

dont give up on them sis, may Allah reward you with the highest places of jannah!!!

AnonymousPoster
03-27-2007, 10:42 PM
Havent u got any older family members that can talk to them. If not tell the imam of the local masjid, let him have a work with them.
no we dnt...not really. its come to a state wer der not scared of any1. not my dad...(his old anyway) not any uncles and we have only two grothers...and thats them :cry: . the imam will be ignored, theres no point in that. and police cnt do anything, as they havnt abused any1 yet :cry:

IbnAbdulHakim
03-27-2007, 10:44 PM
no we dnt...not really. its come to a state wer der not scared of any1. not my dad...(his old anyway) not any uncles and we have only two grothers...and thats them :cry: . the imam will be ignored, theres no point in that. and police cnt do anything, as they havnt abused any1 yet :cry:
are you in london?? I got quite a brave group of friends (all bros) lol, should we try something?

im not promising nothing till i talk to them though :X

SATalha
03-27-2007, 10:47 PM
its so easy 2 get in 2 drugs in my area. Iam from east london and da dealery r like ur Old time friends. Anyway sister hope things get better 4 u. Jus turn 2 Allah, start making some REAL dua. And giving them some books on death and islam. It might help. I truely feel 4 u sis. I know sum 1 inda same sit as u. I wud suggest moving 2 a different area away from the local dealerz, but that depends on ur financial sitiua ion

SATalha
03-27-2007, 10:51 PM
Thats a good idea get sum broz 2 giv dawa 2 them. I mean intense dawa, everyday. Make them become ur bro friends.so that they will b caling them taking them 2 talks etc

Annie
03-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Salams brother i really feel sorry for your family,why dont you ask an imam to talk to your brothers,an imam might be able to make them understand and inshallah he might lead them to the straight path.
wasalam

AnonymousPoster
03-27-2007, 10:58 PM
are you in london?? I got quite a brave group of friends (all bros) lol, should we try something?

im not promising nothing till i talk to them though :X
yes a east londerner. some local brothers tried once. they avoid them. it wnt work bro. but thanks for the offer. may allah reward u.

regarding mooving away like SATalha + u said. well its not possible with a father in his pention yr, mother too old to earn & two brothers sleeping @ home NOT earning. mooving is impossible. :cry:

and yes brother. wen my sisters are around, they do loud dua's, reciting, surah's, play nasheeds, leave islam channel on etc. hope 'noor' enters them. :cry: ...im also sure they respect the quran. because they do pray once in a while and do tell my nieces off for prayers & being a good muslim. i just think they think they r too late to return to islam. i remember once they wer saying, "we know we will burn in hell. theres nothing we can do."...they've lost faith within themselves :cry:

AnonymousPoster
03-27-2007, 11:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Annie
Salams brother i really feel sorry for your family,why dont you ask an imam to talk to your brothers,an imam might be able to make them understand and inshallah he might lead them to the straight path.
wasalam
im a sister. thank you 4 ur advice, but it is impossible. we've doen that too. i feel the only way to fix them is by having gaurds they'll be scared of. but thats a dream...they dnt fear any1 anymore.:cry:

AnonymousPoster
03-27-2007, 11:09 PM
Mashallah they still got iman inside them.But they need that push to make there iman stronger

I dont think there is a solution to this, its up to them. they gotta make that move, and just stop..

IbnAbdulHakim
03-27-2007, 11:13 PM
and yes brother. wen my sisters are around, they do loud dua's, reciting, surah's, play nasheeds, leave islam channel on etc. hope 'noor' enters them. :cry: ...im also sure they respect the quran. because they do pray once in a while and do tell my nieces off for prayers & being a good muslim. i just think they think they r too late to return to islam. i remember once they wer saying, "we know we will burn in hell. theres nothing we can do."...they've lost faith within themselves :cry:

get them to just sit down once with you over some nice roasted marshmallows popcorn perhaps under the stars and put on this lecture:

DOWNLOAD HERE

Do not despair that Allah will not forgive you for your sins, nor should you take Allah's forgiveness for granted. One must strive to strike a balance between the two by asking for tauba from Allah for their sins. As Brother Yasir mentions in the cd: "...you must strive to be the best of the sinners because the best of the sinners ask for tauba...

From the Back Cover: We continue to commit acts of disobedience against our very purpose of existence and we often times don't notice. Shaykh Yasir warns us from taking a lax attitude towards asking for forgiveness and also reminds us, using heart softening ahadith, not to fall into despair or neglect the importance of tauba.

Trust me!! it works :D and sister try to smile more, Allah works in miraculous ways, dont lose faith inshaAllah !!

AnonymousPoster
03-27-2007, 11:14 PM
Mashallah they still got iman inside them.But they need that push to make there iman stronger

I dont think there is a solution to this, its up to them. they gotta make that move, and just stop..
sadly thats probably the only solution. its horrible waiting though. cos i want to see my parents happy b4 they leave this duniya. :cry: so them changing in 2oyrs aint gonna be good enough! also theyv been on it for 8-9 yrs now. the longer they r on it, they r damagine ther body, and they may leave this duniya b4 we no it. :cry: :cry: :cry: ..i dnt want them to....not like that:cry: :cry:

IbnAbdulHakim
03-27-2007, 11:18 PM
sadly thats probably the only solution. its horrible waiting though. cos i want to see my parents happy b4 they leave this duniya. :cry: so them changing in 2oyrs aint gonna be good enough! also theyv been on it for 8-9 yrs now. the longer they r on it, they r damagine ther body, and they may leave this duniya b4 we no it. :cry: :cry: :cry: ..i dnt want them to....not like that:cry: :cry:
im just wondering, have you ever actually given them an introduction to hell and heaven?

to be honest... i never really had that much interest in islam till i found out properly about heaven and hell... then all i ever wnted to do was find out how to avoid hell lol.

sis have you tried gettin someone to talk to their brothers mates? maybe a solution can be found there :?

if you was a user here i would pm you something to give you more hope... but sadly i cant because your not a fulluser

sorry

AnonymousPoster
03-27-2007, 11:22 PM
im just wondering, have you ever actually given them an introduction to hell and heaven?

to be honest... i never really had that much interest in islam till i found out properly about heaven and hell... then all i ever wnted to do was find out how to avoid hell lol.

sis have you tried gettin someone to talk to their brothers mates? maybe a solution can be found there :?

if you was a user here i would pm you something to give you more hope... but sadly i cant because your not a fulluser

sorry
thank you brother for the link b4. uv helped me today a lot. made me re-think. & i will not stop giving dawah, even if they dnt like it. I wish i had a older brother like you who would have not let gone of his little brothers. if only i had one more brother...no i havnt really given dawah on heaven & hell...i'll try that...but how? i cnt approach them with it...they wnt listen, they''ll shut the door. shall i play it loud?...and brothers mates r useless...ther on it too:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ...and inshallah, i will try to make my mother & father smile more & that shall make me smile.

Name
03-27-2007, 11:24 PM
may Allah help you

AnonymousPoster
03-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Try harder, Mashallah if these brothers spent that energy they spend doing bad doing good, than inshallah they can change other people too. Dont lose hope sis, inshallah they will change, do dua for them..
Inshallah hope it works out for you. feel sorry you have to go through this.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-27-2007, 11:30 PM

sis it would probably be best if you played it out loud that way they wont shout at you or anything.

also for a better understanding of hell check out:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...3381-hell.html

sis also try be happy lol, wallahi everyone goes through tests and its just amazing what some positive and cheerful thinking can do. remember our prophet saws our beloved nabi, a sahabi said he didnt see him once without smiling.

im not saying this to sound mean but wallahi just attempting to keep a more sound and peaceful mind can make a complete difference to people. I hope it helps you be more brave and happy inshaAllah, i pray your parents get sakeena soon inshaAllah

AnonymousPoster
03-27-2007, 11:34 PM

sis it would probably be best if you played it out loud that way they wont shout at you or anything.

also for a better understanding of hell check out:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...3381-hell.html

sis also try be happy lol, wallahi everyone goes through tests and its just amazing what some positive and cheerful thinking can do. remember our prophet saws our beloved nabi, a sahabi said he didnt see him once without smiling.

im not saying this to sound mean but wallahi just attempting to keep a more sound and peaceful mind can make a complete difference to people. I hope it helps you be more brave and happy inshaAllah, i pray your parents get sakeena soon inshaAllah

thank you + anon. may allah reward all of u's that have helped me in this thread. i had this bottled up 4 9 yrs! didnt think any1 would be able to help until i came accross this forum. i feel as though i went through counselling now...thanks all

ill make dua for u's too

Islam_sister
03-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Asalaam Alaykum My Sister!
Sister i am soo sorry to hear about this.. Yes now a days kids are getting caught up in drugs and it is mainly from the friends that they hang around with. Try and try hard to talk to keep on talking to them. Always pray to Allah (SWT) Allah will help you through this tough time you and your family are going through.. Sister i pray that Allah Will give you and your family Patience.. Don't give up hope sis.. Insha'allah they will stop.. Hun! And sister if i get any information on how to stop this horrible additcion that your brothers are in i will let you know ASAP Insha'allah.. Just never give up sister and Keep Praying.. and i will also pray for your family sister..

Ma Salaama
Allah Hafiz

P.S
You and your Family Stay Stong!

AnonymousPoster
03-27-2007, 11:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islam_sister
Asalaam Alaykum My Sister!
Sister i am soo sorry to hear about this.. Yes now a days kids are getting caught up in drugs and it is mainly from the friends that they hang around with. Try and try hard to talk to keep on talking to them. Always pray to Allah (SWT) Allah will help you through this tough time you and your family are going through.. Sister i pray that Allah Will give you and your family Patience.. Don't give up hope sis.. Insha'allah they will stop.. Hun! And sister if i get any information on how to stop this horrible additcion that your brothers are in i will let you know ASAP Insha'allah.. Just never give up sister and Keep Praying.. and i will also pray for your family sister..

Ma Salaama
Allah Hafiz

P.S
You and your Family Stay Stong!
thank you...just pray my parents see happiness b4 they leave us. after that i dnt care. i just cnt bare seeing them unhappy anymore. my mother dsnt sleep much, she cries a lot. i had periods wer i went thru depression myself. not being able to study, not feeling up to eating or living up to life. :cry:

may allah reward you for helping me ...some1 in need:cry:

جوري
03-27-2007, 11:51 PM
I just read the first post so I apologize if this response has already been given...
whatever you do-- you can't make the quit cold turkey.. there can be serious horrible ramifications to that-- from seizure all the way to coma and death...
If you are in the united states... you can help them meet with a psychiatrist who also runs an addiction clinic... they use other opioid agonists mainly (methadone) to taper off... though their opioid receptors might be damaged permanently at least there is a possibility of rehabilitation.

If you live in England.. then I am sure they have equivalent programs there to help addicts that are hopefully government funded?

AnonymousPoster
03-28-2007, 12:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
I just read the first post so I apologize if this response has already been given...
whatever you do-- you can't make the quit cold turkey.. there can be serious horrible ramifications to that-- from seizure all the way to coma and death... didnt understand that...sorry
If you are in the united states... you can help them meet with a psychiatrist who also runs an addiction clinic... they use other opioid agonists mainly (methadone) to taper off... though their opioid receptors might be damaged permanently at least there is a possibility of rehabilitation.

If you live in England.. then I am sure they have equivalent programs there to help addicts that are hopefully government funded? yes we r from the UK, and we've had gp help. methadone has been issued to them , then we found out that they sell it in the streets...that gives them money :cry:

i have added my reply in ur post

جوري
03-28-2007, 01:51 AM
wow... I am sorry to hear that sister... you need a better methadone clinic that tests for drug metabolites...
that is what they do here in the U.S...
basically you have to drink it in front of the doctor come back later so they can check your urine for methadone metabolites ( that it has gone through your system).... it is the only way... I am sorry to have to say this.... but the situation is very grim if they personally don't wish to reform... you'll have to try something truly radical and very harsh.. by calling the cops as they are about to make a sale and get them arrested, and locked up... I think some discipline is what they need....

sis this isn't something you can pray away or preach them back into proper conduct..... you have to toughen up and step on your emotions right now... as if you were trying to save someone's life-- it is time to act not wallow and worry... just act without thinking what am I doing to my brothers or family... saving them now is better than letting them down a very deadly path, where they both end up dead in a ditch somewhere.... you either tell the doctor this isn't working and you need him to make sure they swallow their medication in front of him or her--or get them arrested for doing methadone... and see what you can work out with the proper authorities---

May Allah make it easy on you--- you are in mu du'aa

barney
03-28-2007, 03:19 AM
http://www.addictionadvisor.co.uk/al...p2/default.asp

Has sites to help with alcohol but also drugs

http://www.lifeline.org.uk/?gclid=CO...FQztlAodxV7TQg

Lifeline: Lots of support at this site

I have a Brother who works with Drug abuse and the first step is seeing your GP. The range of treatments on the NHS includes counselling, medication and admitting to hospital,(although it's considered a mental health problem and so the wards are psychiatric ones.

Methadone is availible on prescription as a substitute but really it's down to individual willpower. Actually stopping isnt that hard, it's staying stopped.

See your GP. I hope you can draw strength from whatever source you can.

Best wishes & good luck.

Qurratul Ayn
03-28-2007, 12:28 PM

My Dear Sister, once a person is on drugs it is very hard for them to go off it especially heroin.

Pray to Allah Ta'ala for help and guidance and just keep onptaying and following Islam as this is an addiction which many Muslims and Non-Muslims are being caught up into.

Insha'Allah Ta'ala all of us shall pray but inthe meanwhile keep faith and trust in Allah Ta'ala above all and care for your parents and your elders as they to me need it alot as having them experience such things in the situation you are in uis not very pleasant.

AnonymousPoster
03-30-2007, 08:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
wow... I am sorry to hear that sister... you need a better methadone clinic that tests for drug metabolites...
that is what they do here in the U.S...
basically you have to drink it in front of the doctor come back later so they can check your urine for methadone metabolites ( that it has gone through your system).... it is the only way... I am sorry to have to say this.... but the situation is very grim if they personally don't wish to reform... you'll have to try something truly radical and very harsh.. by calling the cops as they are about to make a sale and get them arrested, and locked up... I think some discipline is what they need....

sis this isn't something you can pray away or preach them back into proper conduct..... you have to toughen up and step on your emotions right now... as if you were trying to save someone's life-- it is time to act not wallow and worry... just act without thinking what am I doing to my brothers or family... saving them now is better than letting them down a very deadly path, where they both end up dead in a ditch somewhere.... you either tell the doctor this isn't working and you need him to make sure they swallow their medication in front of him or her--or get them arrested for doing methadone... and see what you can work out with the proper authorities---

May Allah make it easy on you--- you are in mu du'aa
thank you all for ur support and saying u will keep my family in ur dua's. .....

you know from these past yr's experiences and all the advice ive got from this thread....i do understand that the main way for them to sort their life out is thier own WILL. but u see ithink my brothers wont change...not with their own will anyway. the thing is, whatever their doing is selfish, & yes they'll be punished for it..no1 else. but the main stress for me & my family is the fact that my parents are having a hard time. we dont like seeing them stressed and depressed. they deserve better....hence although deep down we are all upset with our brothers...we make extra efforts & efforts over & over again...all because we have a tincy wincy bit of hope in us.

my mother would cry regulalry...she would say ...'is this why i carried them 9 months 10 days in my womb?'.....:cry: ...'is this why i wiped their nose, and woke up early to take them school?'... :cry: ...she'd cry to allah and say...'why have you let both my sons become like this? ' :cry: ...she has this hope of my brothers looking after them after I one day leave them. but i cnt leave them in this state...& i also want my parents to be happy & see they are sorted b4 their time is up! :cry:

we are all so fed-up and sad. its like theirs nothing much to do.:cry: ...they have totally bottled up, its like they've chosen not to change. its my parents that are my major concern. they can be as selfich as they want, but its my parents. & i have a BIG strain on me right now.:cry: ..how will i ever leave them?:cry:

Snowflake
03-30-2007, 09:53 PM
Dear sis, read surah Ikhlas once near your brothers when they are asleep. Read for 21 days. InshaAllah they will quit this bad habit. (Read just loud enough so as not to wake them).

AnonymousPoster
03-30-2007, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Dear sis, read surah Ikhlas once near your brothers when they are asleep. Read for 21 days. InshaAllah they will quit this bad habit. (Read just loud enough so as not to wake them).
i love all of you's for all your effort for your support & advices....all brothers & sisters...hope allah rewards you for this...

but sadly i cannot do any of the advices above. not that i dnt want to. they make it impossible. this one u suggested sister, if only if i could. they lock their door when they go to bed, & also they sleep akward hours...which makes it hard too:cry: :cry:

im so sorry...may allah make it easy for me to try either advice...:cry:

جوري
03-31-2007, 01:54 AM
sis ... you need to get an outsider to help.... drugs will be the death of your family... both physically, emotionally and I reckon financially... can't you at least have a talk with your bros' GP... let him know that they aren't using methadone as they should and see what he might suggest? This is so much bigger than you and anything this forum can offer.... At the end of the day we all retire to our respective lives and you are stuck with two druggies and a mother who has been had....

if you don't like something change it ... Only you know what to do... this is up to you now...

I hope I don't sound harsh but this is very serious...

funk999
04-01-2007, 01:35 PM
Maybe if they went prison.. they wont have access to it. its really hard to get someone off that crap.. i spose they are not practicing. as a sister its much harder to sort it out, probably they wont have it and fight you.

Your best bet is to keep making dua.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.