/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wear Ur Identity

Abdul-Raouf
03-28-2007, 02:06 AM
A Saudi Guy Walks Into a Bar …
A Saudi guy walks into a bar, decked out in his thobe and kufi. (He doesn’t believe in the meat of the People of the Book arguement.) He walks up to the bar and says “Bartender, I want a chicken sandwich.”
The bartender looks at him, nods, and turns to fill the order.
A desi guy who sits nearby stares. The Saudi guy turns to the desi guy. Black spiked hair, leather jacket, one hand clamps around the handle of a half-filled mug of beer. The other curls around his girlfriend.
The desi guy says: “Hey man, you know that’s not halal, right?”

Who’s more messed up, the Saudi guy, or the desi guy?

This is no joke. This happens in real life.
Who’s this desi brother to speak, you might ask, when he’s totally into haraam? Isn’t that hypocritical?
Allah blesses certain nations with certain things. The Saudis, they’re blessed by being looked up to. When they enjoin good, other people follow their example. But when they enjoin evil, Allah can punish them more for all the people they misguide by their example.
When the potential for reward increases, the potential for punishment increases.
Quite often, not-quite-practicin g brothers and sisters say things like “It’s ok if I mix, I’m not hurting anyone” or “it’s only a beer, nobody will know,” or “I’m not representing Islam since I don’t observe beard/hijab.” But people do see the examples, and get misguided.
Wallahu ‘alim.
May Allah protect us from misguiding people with our actions, ameen.
References
Muhammad Alshareef. Lecture. AlMaghrib. Conquest: History of the Khulafa. University of Toronto, Toronto. November 2005.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rafeeq
05-27-2007, 06:58 PM
great, i appriciate u

Medina83
05-27-2007, 07:51 PM
from here.......

format_quote Originally Posted by Muzammil
A Saudi guy walks into a bar
the saudi guy has a problem :D

doesnt matter whose more messed up cos they face Allah subhana wa ta'ala each on their own on Judgement Day.....

Khayal
05-27-2007, 07:53 PM
:sl:

:astagfiru

May Allah protect us from misguiding people with our actions, ameen.

Aameen!!

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jzcasejz
05-28-2007, 08:10 AM
JazakAllaah Khayr. Excellent post Bro!

nocturne
05-28-2007, 08:35 AM
Assalam,

so basically when you look the part, be on your best behaviour?

cihad
05-28-2007, 10:53 AM
no..always be on your best behaviour

Strzelecki
05-28-2007, 10:59 AM
Was the desi guy in the story Muslim?
[Serious question.]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.