/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Introducing (Are Pictures Haram?) Yes or No

madeenahsh
03-28-2007, 07:34 AM
Introducing
Praise belongs to Allah Alone. And MayPraise of Allah in the Assemblies of the Angels and Peace be upon him (Muhammad)after whom there is no other prophet.

To proceed:
Certainly, manyahaadith[1]have come to us from the Prophet(peace and blessings of Allahbe upon him) in the books of Hadeeth:as-Sihaah[2], Al-Masaaneed[3]andas-Sunan[4]pointing to the prohibition ofimage-making (tasweer) of everything which has a soul - without consideration asto whether it is human or otherwise.

These ahaadith alsocall for the tearing apart of curtains which contain images (suwar) and thecommand to efface these images (suwar). They also point to the fact that theimage makers (musawwiroon) are cursed and make clear that they will be the mostseverely punished people on the Day of Resurrection.

[1] Ahaadeeth, plural of Hadeeth: All that has been attributed to the Prophet(peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), of his sayings, actions, and approvals; in addition to descriptions of his physical person and his character, as well as narration's about his life before and after his being missioned as a prophet.

[2] As-Sihaah, plural of as-Saheeh: A collection of Hadeeth in which the collector made a condition that he would only include those Hadeeth which he considered to be authentic. Examples of this type of collection are Saheeh al-Bukhaaree, Saheeh Muslim, as well as the Saheehs of Ibn Khuzaimah and Ibn Hibban.

[3] Al-Masaaneed, plural of al-Musnad: A collection of Hadeeth whose ahaadeeth are arranged according to the Sahaabah (companions of the Prophet), such that the ahaadeeth of each sahaabee are listed in a separate chapter under his name. Examples of this type of collection are the Musnad of Imam Ahmad, as well as those of Abu Daawood at-Tayaalisee and al-Bazzaar.

[4] As-Sunan, plural of as-Sunnah: A collection of Hadeeth dealing with the rules and laws (al-ahkaam). Its arrangement is according to the chapters of Fiqh, such as : purification, prayer, fasting, marriage and divorce, buying and selling, punishments, etc.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
E'jaazi
03-28-2007, 07:47 AM
The only pictures I have are my work ID, passport, and Drivers Licence, which I could not get around and the Scholars said that that is not upon us because we could not get around it. But I never display my work ID unless asked. I keep it in my pocket and my license in my wallet.

zaria
03-28-2007, 04:35 PM
As Salaamu Alaikum,
To my understanding someone taking your picture is halal because its just a capture of you inthat moment but someone drawing you is haram because Allah has already created you and its like your changing Allah creations. Allah'Alim.

madeenahsh
03-30-2007, 01:10 PM
Asallam alaikum warahmatuallaahi wabarakatuh

Sis fi deen..deen is not about our own understanding ..its about knowledge of the book and sunnah. we look at the evidence which we have, and deal with the evidences and Allaah knows best.

Wasallam alaikum.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mariam.
03-30-2007, 02:24 PM
NO it's not ... I read about this subject, and the scholars said that picture is halal because its just a capture of you in that moment, LIKE WHAT SISTER zaria SAID ..
I can't Quote it because I read it in an Arabic book.

peace

madeenahsh
03-31-2007, 04:40 PM
Walaikum sallam warahmatullaahi wabarakatuh.

Best to give proof of it before hand dearest sis ..inshAllaah kheiran .

I request this thread to be closed down As Soon! as possible . I posted this for all of us to benefit and not to give opinions according to our basit ilm.

Allaah Taallaah says>

33:36 It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed in a plain error.

33:36 Wama kana limuminin wala muminatin itha qada Allahu warasooluhu amran an yakoona lahumu alkhiyaratu min amrihim waman yaAAsi Allaha warasoolahu faqad dalla dalalan mubeenan

BarakaAllaah feekum
Wasallam alaikum.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.