/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is wearing a beard of any spiritual significance or just a form of identity?:?

nevesirth
03-28-2007, 07:42 PM
is wearing a beard of any spiritual significance or just a form of identity?:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
03-28-2007, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nevesirth
is wearing a beard of any spiritual significance or just a form of identity?:?
Hi,

I'm wondering what you mean by significance, the reasons is that the Prophet, peace be upon him, told Muslims to do it.

Eesa :)

siFilam
03-28-2007, 07:57 PM
:salamext:
following the Sunnah of our Beloved Prophet (saw) brings great blessings. It is Wajib or obligatory for a Muslim man to grow a beard.
waslam
-SI-

nevesirth
03-28-2007, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by siFilam
following the Sunnah of our Beloved Prophet (saw) brings great blessings. It is Wajib or obligatory for a Muslim man to grow a beard.
waslam
-SI-
ok sister, wht about covering of the hair or rather wearing of a turban, is tht also obligatory? whts ur view on tht? ill really appreciate ur response. wa salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
siFilam
03-28-2007, 08:21 PM
bro these are not my personal views. May Allah save me from speaking out of my own desire when Allah have already showed us the way through His Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him).
read this regarding beard:
Imaam Bukhari (Radhiallaahu Anhu) reports on the authority of Naafi' who narrates from Abdullah ibn Umar (Radhiallaahu Anhu) that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, 'Oppose the Mushrikeen (polytheists); lengthen the beard and trim the moustache.'

Naafi' further states, 'And ibn Umar (Radhiallaahu Anhu) during Hajj or Umrah used to hold on to his beard with his fist and cut off whatever was in excess of that.' (Bukhari vol.2 pg.875; Kitaab-ul-Libaas)

Through this Hadith, the verdict of the growing of the beard being Waajib (obligatory) is deduced. That is because any explicit command of Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) will be regarded as Waajib, if there is no apparent, clear reason/proof which states that that particular command is for Istihbaab (preference). This is an established fact in Usool-ul-Fiqh (principles of jurisprudence).
http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...bcea09da50590c

Wearing turban is Sunnah too.
and Allah knows best.
wasalam
-SI-

nevesirth
03-28-2007, 08:27 PM
shukran sister, i appreciate ur taking ur time 2 reply.

NobleMuslimUK
03-30-2007, 12:20 AM
Mashallah, very enlightening.

Why would any woman want her husband to look like a woman?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.