/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslims: What will be the fate of pious Rabbis and Priests?

Philosopher
03-28-2007, 11:14 PM
:sl:

Will they go to hell for not being Muslim? I know some Rabbis who devoted their entire life studying the Talmud/Torah and praying.

Would it be fair for such people to be punished just because their path was strayed?

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pygoscelis
03-28-2007, 11:34 PM
Well, if they are leading dozens of people astray, away from the true path, then wouldn't they likely be punished even more than their followers?

Muezzin
03-28-2007, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Well, if they are leading dozens of people astray, away from the true path, then wouldn't they likely be punished even more than their followers?
Come on dude, you make it sound like they're directing traffic!

Philosopher
03-28-2007, 11:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Based on what?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
03-28-2007, 11:39 PM
This topic needs to be closed... Only G-D decides the fate of people on judgement day...

peace!

Philosopher
03-28-2007, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
This topic needs to be closed... Only G-D decides the fate of people on judgement day...

peace!
Isnt there anything in the Quran about it?

جوري
03-28-2007, 11:48 PM
There is plenty of Hadiths and Quranic verses on intentions and people entering heaven based on G-D's mercy... even Allah's Apostle himself... I'll search for it and find it... what is your game plan? in other words where are you going with this?

جوري
03-28-2007, 11:51 PM
Volume 7, Book 70, Number 577:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The good deeds of any person will not make him enter Paradise." (i.e., None can enter Paradise through his good deeds.) They (the Prophet's companions) said, 'Not even you, O Allah's Apostle?' He said, "Not even myself, unless Allah bestows His favor and mercy on me." So be moderate in your religious deeds and do the deeds that are within your ability: and none of you should wish for death, for if he is a good doer, he may increase his good deeds, and if he is an evil doer, he may repent to Allah."

NoName55
03-29-2007, 02:15 AM
Everyone (who truly believes) is a Muslim (submitter).

No-one is a kafar, not even an idol worshipper, a kafar is the one who hides the truth once he finds it out and then hides it, no matter what his name or title is, whether he is rabbi or mullah or imam, whether he is called Jacob or Ya’qûb, makes no difference.

Even a man (includes woman) in a far flung corner of a jungle worshiping a totem pole or lump of stone. Until he has been given the Message of Allah in a correct way, his fate lies in the hands of The Almighty.

wa-salam alaikum

P.S. The future of lslâm is not with goofis and 12vers and grave worshipping ignorant, illiterate masses of east but with educated people of the west and Israel

Woodrow
03-29-2007, 03:15 AM
This Question has the same answer as the thread about actors and actresses. Both threads are the same subject. However, instead of closing this thread as being a duplicate topic of an existing thread I will try to get them merged them together.

Malaikah
03-29-2007, 06:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
Volume 7, Book 70, Number 577:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The good deeds of any person will not make him enter Paradise." (i.e., None can enter Paradise through his good deeds.) They (the Prophet's companions) said, 'Not even you, O Allah's Apostle?' He said, "Not even myself, unless Allah bestows His favor and mercy on me." So be moderate in your religious deeds and do the deeds that are within your ability: and none of you should wish for death, for if he is a good doer, he may increase his good deeds, and if he is an evil doer, he may repent to Allah."

Umm, how is that relevant?:? It is talking about the actions of Muslims...

Rabbi's and priests are as non-Muslim as any other non-Muslims. The general ruling regarding them is that they will go to hell, regardless of how many good deeds they did, because they didn't believe in God and His Messenger. You can't say you believe in God and then reject the man that He sent to guide you. Their good deeds are totally void. And as someone else mentioned, what makes them even worse is that they are responsible for leading other people astray from Islam as well!

The parable of those who disbelieve in their Lord is that their works are as ashes, on which the wind blows furiously on a stormy day, they shall not be able to get aught of what they have earned. That is the straying, far away (from the Right Path).

[14-18]

Some of them may have certain circumstances that are valid excuses for why they never became Muslims, such as if they have never heard about Islam or didn't have the ability to learn about Islam at all, or something else... in which case it is only up to Allah to know, but as for us, we take them at face value, and face value tells us they are not Muslim and so we treat them as such.

NoName55
03-29-2007, 06:30 AM
The general ruling regarding them is that they will go to hell,
rulings based on ignorance and misuse of Quraan are not worth the paper they are written on!

Path to paradise is thru grace of God.

oh what the point I give-up

Snowflake
03-29-2007, 07:03 AM
Rabbi's and priests are as non-Muslim as any other non-Muslims. The general ruling regarding them is that they will go to hell, regardless of how many good deeds they did, because they didn't believe in God and His Messenger. You can't say you believe in God and then reject the man that He sent to guide you. Their good deeds are totally void. And as someone else mentioned, what makes them even worse is that they are responsible for leading other people astray from Islam as well!
I agree.. except that Allah does reward their good deeds, but here on Earth.

As for those who disbelieve, their wealth and children will not help them against Allah in any way. They are fuel for the Fire. (Surah Al 'Imran, 10)

It all but bursts with rage. Each time a group is flung into it its custodians will question them: 'Did no warner come to you?' They will say, 'Yes indeed, a warner did come to us but we denied him and said, "Allah has sent nothing down. You are just greatly misguided."' They will say, 'If only we had really listened and used our intellect, we would not have been Companions of the Blaze.' Then they will acknowledge their wrong actions. Away with the Companions of the Blaze! (Surat al-Mulk, 8-11)

Some of them may have certain circumstances that are valid excuses for why they never became Muslims, such as if they have never heard about Islam or didn't have the ability to learn about Islam at all, or something else... in which case it is only up to Allah to know,
true..

but as for us, we take them at face value, and face value tells us they are not Muslim and so we treat them as such
meaning? :?

we should follow the example of the Prophet (PBUH) who treated non believers with the same kindness and compassion as he did the believers

Malaikah
03-29-2007, 08:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
I agree.. except that Allah does reward their good deeds, but here on Earth.

True. :) But since this thread is about what happens after they die... I didn't mention that.

meaning? :?

we should follow the example of the Prophet (PBUH) who treated non believers with the same kindness and compassion as he did the believers
Meaning exactly what I said- we treat them as non-believers. I never said we should abuse them... I was referring specifically to after they had died, we treat them as non-believers in the sense that we don't offer the funeral prayers and all that stuff, like we do for Muslims.

format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
rulings based on ignorance and misuse of Quraan are not worth the paper they are written on!

Path to paradise is thru grace of God.

oh what the point I give-up
If you think what I said is not correct, why don't you prove it yourself, instead of accuse me of saying things out of ignorance? I believe what I wrote is 100% accurate and not based on ignorance at all. What about the authentic hadith:

"By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, there is no-one of this Ummah, Jew or Christian, who hears of me then dies without believing in that with which I have been sent, but he will be one of the people of Hell." (Sahih Muslim, 153).

And whoever seeks a religion other than Islâm, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.

[3:85]

siFilam
03-29-2007, 08:35 AM
Everyone (who truly believes) is a Muslim (submitter).

No-one is a kafar, not even an idol worshipper
a idol worshipper is not a disbeliever. where did u get that idea? :?

P.S. The future of lslâm is not with goofis and 12vers and grave worshipping ignorant, illiterate masses of east but with educated people of the west and Israel
Future of Islam in the hands of west and Israel.... :raging: I honestly don't know what to say. As a Muslim you are placing the future of Islam in the hands of disbelievers. May Allah guide you. Ameen.

Snowflake
03-29-2007, 08:35 AM
Meaning exactly what I said- we treat them as non-believers. I never said we should abuse them... I was referring specifically to after they had died, we treat them as non-believers in the sense that we don't offer the funeral prayers and all that stuff, like we do for Muslims.
ok, agreed.

جوري
03-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Fact is no one knows where anyone is going!..... (da3o Alkhalq lilkhaliq)
We can only do our best with the information we are given... people's final judgement lies with Allah.... And that is really my bottom line..

There were many parables of men who lived pious lives and ended up in hell and even the Sahaba were fooled by-- one such example that comes to mind was of a man whom everyone thought was pious... when he went out on the battlefield along side the prophet--he decided to grab a knife and stab it through his chest (he committed suicide) ---

another of a man who lived miserably forever and kept killing and killing some more... he went to a scholar to ask him if he can repent-- the scholar gave him a rotted twig and told him, when this twig turns green can you then be forgiven-- knowing full well that a dead rotted twig would never regain life again... with renewed hope the man tried his best to do great deeds-- and in fact the twig did turn green-- much to the surprise of everyone even the scholar himself.....

So Again my bottom line is--- no one really knows, where anyone is going...the final judgement lies with Allah.... We can only try to be the best Muslims and not be too terribly concerned with other people's life style choices, so long as they don't impinge on ours--

I mean honestly when a Muslim dies do you go "for sure he is in heaven" or " Allah yerhamo"? -- Only Allah knows whom his hosts are on this earth...
I have personally known of two priests in Egypt who lived in a monastary and were Muslims-- they just didn't declare it out of fear of the church.. and it all came out recently only after one of them died....Do you see what I mean? no one really knows.......

{30
كَذَلِكَ يُضِلُّ اللَّهُ مَن يَشَاء وَيَهْدِي مَن يَشَاء وَمَا يَعْلَمُ جُنُودَ رَبِّكَ إِلَّا هُوَ وَمَا هِيَ إِلَّا ذِكْرَى لِلْبَشَرِ {31}

Pickthal 74:31] None knoweth the hosts of thy Lord save Him. This is naught else than a Reminder unto mortals.

Abu Zakariya
03-29-2007, 02:27 PM
You mentioning the Rabbis who devoted their lives to Torah/Talmud study made me think of the incident where Omar (may Allah be pleased with him) saw a munk truly devoted to his calling, and so Omar cried because he saw this man devoting his life to the wrong thing (and thus wasting it since he is a non-Muslim and the ruling regarding them entering the Hellfire is clear in Islam), which made him sad.

However, with that being said, we can't really know if someone heard the true message of Islam and Tawhid (Islamic Monotheism) and then rejected that message, so we don't know what Allah will do with every apparent non-Muslim (i.e. everyone that hasn't formally become Muslim). However, we do go by the apparent and what we see which in this case is that they are non-Muslims.

جوري
03-29-2007, 02:31 PM
^^^ agree with above... I am not comfortable assigning seats in the after life to random people whose life I know absolutely nothing about!

Allah A3lam.. Allah is above all!

:w:

Abu Zakariya
03-29-2007, 02:51 PM
True. But as for people that were obviously kuffar, we shouldn't relly say "Allah knows what is in their hearts." Like for instance the former Pope or someone like that.

siFilam
03-29-2007, 02:51 PM
:salamext:

I agree that Allah, The Most Merciful, can alone judge who will go to hell. However in Surah Al-Imran Allah said:
"Truly, the religion with Allah is Islam. Those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) did not differ except out of rivalry, after knowledge had come to them. And whoever disbelieves in the Ayat of Allah, then surely, Allah is Swift in reckoning.)" (3:19)
Tafsir Ibn Kathir (commentary of the Qur'an) explained that "Allah states that there is no religion accepted with Him from any person, except Islam. Islam includes obeying all of the Messengers until Muhammad who finalized their commission, thus closing all paths to Allah except through Muhammad . Therefore, after Allah sent Muhammad , whoever meets Allah following a path other than Muhammad's, it will not be accepted of him. In another Ayah, Allah said 'And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him ﴿3:85'".

Then we can say that if a rabbi or a monk knew about Islam but they refused to accept it and afterwards died as a disbeliever than yes they will go to hell. It may be harsh but its the truth.

and Allah knows best.
wasalam
-SI-

siFilam
03-29-2007, 02:52 PM
I found this regarding this topic:

By the prophethood of Nabi Muhammad [Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam], all previous religions, e.g. Judaism, Christianity, etc. were abolished. The only religion acceptable to Allah is Islam. 1. ?Verily, the religion acceptable to Allah is Islam.? (Surah Aali Imraan Aayat19) 2. ?Whoever chooses a religion besides Islam, it will never be accepted from him?? (Aalim Imraan Aayat85) 3. ?As for those who disbelieve, their deeds are like a mirage in a desert, plain which a thirsty person deems to be water, until when he comes to it, he finds nothing, and he finds (the decree) of Allah with him ? and Allah is swift at reckoning.? (al-Noor 39) 4. ?Verily, those who believe (have Imaan) and they do righteous deeds, those are the people of Jannah (heaven).? (Baqarah Aayat82) From the above references, we can gather that underlying criteria for a person to be entered into Jannah is Imaan. If a person does all the good deeds one can do, and he does not have Imaan, then he will not be entered into Jannah, rather he will be put into hell. The good deeds that non-believers do, they will be rewarded for it in this world by means of wealth, health, prosperity, etc. and in the hereafter, there will be no reward for them. When we look at the sifaat (qualities) of Allah, we must not look at them individually, rather we must look at all the qualities together. We must also bear in mind that Allah can do as He pleases and He does not have to follow any rules, etc. If He wants to put them into hell, then He can do so. If He wants to put them (non-Muslims) into Jannah, He can do so and He does not have to answer to anyone as to why he did so.

http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...c3bcfe3c6f51ca

NoName55
03-30-2007, 11:04 PM
Shaikh Abdul Wahhab (RH) said: "And we do not declare them infidels who on account of ignorance and lack of guidance worship those idols which are built on the graves of (Shaikh) Abdul Qadir, Ahmad Badwi, and other elders like them, then how can we call them infidels who are not guilty of committing the sin of polytheism or did not come to us by migration and have not been guilty of committing any kufr."

King David
03-31-2007, 01:22 AM
We, the children of Abraham, should unite in peace and build up a culture of our own, instead of fighting each other and feeding the war industries of foreign nations.

We are related by faith and by blood. The different rituals we observe should not lead to enmity between us. Quite the contrary.

The Qur'an says:

"If God had willed, he would have made you one nation, but he may try you in what has come to you. So be ye forward in good works, unto God shall you return altogether, and He will tell you of that whereon you were at variance" [Qur'an, "The Table", chapter 5:53; "The Bee", chapter 16:95].

It is from God that we follow different rituals:

"We have appointed for every nation a holy rite that they shall perform" [Qur'an, "The Pilgrimage", chapter 22:66].

The Qur'an even distinguishes between Abraham, Isaac and Jacob on the one hand, and Ishmael on the other:

"Remember also our servants Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, men of might they and of vision. Assuredly, We purified them with a quality most pure, the remembrance of the Abode, and in our sight, they are of the chosen, the excellent. Remember also our servants Ishmael, Elisha and Dhool Kifl, each is among the excellent" [Qur'an, "The Zad", chapter 38:45-48].

According to these verses, the three Patriarchs Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are described as purified, chosen and excellent, while Ishmael, although being counted among the excellent, is not mentioned as chosen. The chosen-ness of the three Patriarchs has to do with the Land Covenant which the Lord of All Beings made with them [Tanach, Genesis 15:18, 17:4-8, 26:4, 35:11-12].

While every nation has its own distinctive characteristics, it is exactly this Land Covenant which molds the People of Israel into something distinctive, unique in history.

The Qur'an stresses this repeatedly:

"[Allah] gave you such as He had not given to any being. O My People [the Israelites], enter the Holy Land [Land of Israel] which God has prescribed for you..." [Qur'an, "The Table", chapter 5:24]. "Children of Israel, remember...that I have preferred you above all beings" [Qur'an, "The Cow", chapter 2:44].

Note also the distinction between the calls and levels of Abraham's son Isaac, grandson Jacob and son Ishmael:

"We gave him [Abraham] Isaac and Jacob, and each We made a prophet, and We gave them our mercy, and We appointed to them a tongue of truthfulness, sublime...And Ishmael...was true to his promise, and he was a messenger, a prophet. He bade his people to pray and to give alms, and he was pleasing to his Lord" [Qur'an, "Mary", chapter 19:50-56; "The Prophets", chapter 21:72,85].

The Qur'an does say that Abraham "was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but a Muslim of pure faith" (Qur'an, "The House of Imram", chapter 3:60). He "named you Muslim aforetime" [Qur'an, "The Pilgrimage", chapter 22:77-78] and admonished you to "follow the creed of Abraham, a man of pure faith and no idolater" [Qur'an, "The Bee", chapter 16:124].

However, could Abraham have uttered the creed of Islam as it was to be established later on: "There is no God besides God and Muhammed is His prophet"?

The expression "He named you Muslim aforetime" shows that the term "Muslim" is here applied in its etymological sense, meaning "one who submits to God", a God Fearer who followed the universal faith of Noah (Genesis 9) given to all mankind, rather than the member of a specific later religion.

This is brought out also by the ensuing admonition to "perform the prayer and pay the alms and hold fast to God".

It is in this sense that the Qur'an speaks of the prophets of Israel as those who have surrendered to God; i.e., as Muslims (God Fearers) [Qur'an, "The Table", chapter 5:48], despite the fact that they and the People of Israel were commanded to observe ordinances and rites different from those of the descendants of Ishmael.

An example of such differences is the Sabbath. This day of rest and sanctification is for the Children of Israel also a sign of God's covenant with them [Tanach, Exodus 31:13-17].

The Qur'an confirms this and even ridicules Jews who do not observe the Sabbath as "apes" [Qur'an, "The Cow", chapter 2:63]. So far, the Sabbath was not ordained for Muslims. Some claim that Islam is universal, that all people (including Jews) must adopt their own version of it. The above citations show that the etymological designations "Islam" and "Muslim" include there the People of the Sabbath (Israel) as well. This must be so. Otherwise, there would have been no need for Abraham to have two children, Ishmael and Isaac. The statements from the Qur'an quoted above are favorable to the Children of Israel.

The Qur'an does criticize those members of the Children of Israel who do not have faith in God and who do not observe the commandment of the Torah. The Qur'an never condemns the Children of Israel as a whole for not observing the Torah's commandments. Qur'anic criticims of the Children of Israel can never be properly interpreted as abolishing God's Covenant with Israel, nor can they be read as replacing the Torah with the religion of Ishmael.

Nowhere in the Qur'an is there any prophecy that would do away with Israel's special status.

Nowhere in the Qur'an does it state that God's promises to Israel have been annulled. Prophets of the One God cannot contradict one another. The Qur'an is in complete accord with the Tanach. The prophets of Israel, from Moses to Zechariah, rebuke the Children of Israel more harshly for their sins than does the Qur'an. Yet the Israelite prophets always stress God's forgiveness, grace and mercy, and that the Covenant He established with Israel will be fulfilled.

It is the triumph of His grace that will bring the nations to praise His Name:

"Praise the Lord, all you nations, praise him, all you people, for his grace did prevail over us, and the Lord's truth is for ever. Praise you the Lord" [Tanach, Psalm 117].

Hatred of Israel does not honor Allah's name, submitting to his prophets does. Hatred is a black hole. Once opened, it devours everything coming near to it.

This is verified by recent history. Today's Jihad fanatics want to outdo one another in their derision of Israel. They compete and even fight with one another for the position of Supreme Jew-Hater!

These Jihad fanatics view Jews as the embodiment of cosmic evil. In so doing, they replace the Islamic confession, "There is no God besides God" with a dualistic world view which is pure idolatry. Muslims should beware of these perverted teachings. They will have dire consequences.

I do not indulge in propaganda. Let us again consult the Qur'an:

"Have you considered? If it be from God, and you disbelieve in it, and a witness from among the Children of Israel bears witness to its like, and believes, and you wax proud, God guides not the people of the evildoers" [Qur'an, "Sand Dunes", chapter 46:8-9].

Four historic examples prove my point.

1. King Cyrus, founder of the Medeo-Persian Empire, recognizing the injustice done by the Babylonians to the Jews, allowed them to return to their homeland. He ordered and financed the building of the Second Temple. In the Book of Isaiah, God calls Cyrus "His messiah," the anointed of the Lord [Tanach, Isaiah 45:1, Ezra 1:1-3]. In the Qur'an, Cyrus is mentioned honorably as "Dhool-Quarnain" [Qur'an, "The Cave", chapter 18:83-98. The term "Dhool-Quarnain" literally means "the Lord of Two Horns". According to Maulana Abu'Ikalam Azad, a recent Minister of Education in India, this term does not refer to Alexander the Great, as often thought, but to Cyrus' kingship of the Medeo-Persian double Monarchy (see Tanach, Daniel 8:3,20)], which means that the Qur'an regards Cyrus as an example worthy to be emulated.

2. Caliph Omar, who liberated Jerusalem from the Byzantine Christians in 638 C.E., six years after the death of Muhammed in 632 C.E., revoked Hadrian's 500 year old ban on Jewish settlement in Jerusalem, which the Byzantines had kept in force. Omar welcomed the Jews back to Jerusalem. The returning Jews built the Bet HaMenorot Synagogue (named for the menorahs drawn on its walls), excavated in 1998 by Professor Naveh Mazar of the Hebrew University.

3. Salah-e-Din, the great Kurdish Muslim Sultan who liberated Jerusalem from the Crusaders in 1187 C.E., suggested to Rabbi Moses ben Maimon (Maimonides, who was Salah-e-Din's doctor) that he urge Jews to return and resettle Jerusalem (as recorded by another Jewish scholar of those times, Rabbi Yehuda al-Harizi). The famous Nachmanides Synagogue in Jerusalem's Old City, built by the returning Jews several decades later during the period of Mameluk Muslim rule, bears witness to this return.

4. Dahr-el-Omar, the sheikh who conquered Galilee from the Turks in the 18th century, told leading rabbis in Constantinople and Morocco that the period of the Jewish exile was over and that the Jews should return to their homeland and rebuild it. From that time on, the Movement of Return to the Land gained momentum.

Many Muslim scholars from earlier times can be quoted. They would have been banished or murdered by the Jihad fanatics of today. Muslims should not accept automatically the detest of Israel preached by some of their leaders.

The Qur'an says:

"God is our Lord and your Lord. We have our deeds, and you have your deeds, there is no argument between us and you. God shall bring us together, and unto Him is our homecoming" [Qur'an, "The Counsel", chapter 42:14].

Repentance is always possible. According to the Qur'an, even Pharaoh, when he saw his army drowning, came to his senses and admitted:

"I believe that there is no God but He in whom the Children of Israel believe. I am of those that surrender" [Qur'an, "Jonah" chapter 10-90].

ABRAHAMS' PRAYER

When told by the Lord that in spite of their high age he would get a son from Sarah, Abraham prayed [Bere****/Genesis 17:18]:

"O that Ishmael might live before thee!"

Abraham loved both Ishmael and Isaac, therefore he had to be told:

"Take now thy son, thine only whom you have loved, even Isaac..." [Bere****/Genesis 22:2]. The specification "even Isaac", was to tell him which one of the two beloved sons he should bring to Mount Moriah.

Abraham did not merely pray "that Ishmael might live". He was not concerned that Ishmael would be threatened by Isaac, and would need a special prayer for the protection from the latter.

Abraham was concerned that Ishmael, biologically the firstborn, might try to bring the whole heritage unto himself, and deprive Isaac of the Divine promise.

Abraham prayed that Ishmael might live before the Lord. This prayer should encourage and guide him to let his spiritual Abrahamic inheritance get the upper hand so that he would be alive in the Divine spirit, and consequently recognize also Isaac's call.

The two brothers and their descendants should not fight over the inheritance but "compete in good works" as the Qur'an, Ishmael's guide book, says so aptly.

In the spirit of our father Abraham, let us , the Children of Ishmael and the Children of Israel, pray together:

"O that both of us -- Ishmael and Israel -- might live before Thee!"

SUMMARY

The ruling wing of Islam has severed its original ties with the "Book" (the Tanach, Hebrew Bible) and the "People of the Book", Israel.

It plays out the idea of Jihad, and the quest of Jerusalem.

In the Islamic view, a Jihad can end only with a complete victory or else with an unreserved admittance that its whole concept was wrong from the start.

The Qur'an itself suggests the latter, and can help paving the way to mutual understanding and co-operation:

1. It stresses the continued validity of the "Book" - Jonah 38; Table 52; Cow 172; Believers 56; Bee 45-47; and others

2. It recognizes the teachings of the Prophets, even of the rabbis -- Table 48 (notwithstanding Repentance 30-35)

3. It recognizes the peculiarity of Israel and the unparalleled gifts to its people (including the land promise) -- Hobbling 15; Cow 60, 247

4. The Land of Israel is prescribed for the Children of Israel -- Table 23

5. Allah settled the Children of Israel in the Land of Israel -- Jonah 93

6. The Children of Israel are rebuked for not fighting for the Land of Israel -- Cow 60, 247

7. David's Kingdom (Zion) and Psalms confirmed, and he being acknowledged as Divine viceroy on earth - Zad 19,25; Cow 252 [cf Is. 28:16]

8. The Psalms and Prophets speak of Israel's return to the land and Jerusalem, and so does the Qur'an -- Bani Israel 8,105

9. Israel often harshly rebuked in the Qur'an, but there is no cancellation of the Covenant or of the Promises

10. On the contrary, the words of the Prophets shall surely be established -- Greeks 5; Hobbling 31; Believers 76

11. Abraham is called a true Muslim - Imram 60; Pilgrimage 77; Cattle 162; and so are the Prophets -- Table 48, notwithstanding their keeping Shabbat and their direction of prayer toward Jerusalem [cf. I Kings 8:30,42]

12. Abraham established a) Mount Moriah in Jerusalem for Israel -- Genesis 22:2, II Chronicles 3:1 b) The Kaaba in Mecca for Ishmael -- Cow 119, 123

13. Qiblah (direction of prayer) for Muslim to Mecca, and for Jews to Jerusalem -- Cow 140, 143 (cf. I Kings 8:29,30)

14. The Qur'an admits different religious rites, and urges all of us to compete in good works - Cow 143, Table 53, Pilgrimage 66

15. Allah wants to be honored by forgiveness and love - Table 15-17, Woman Tested 7, Counsel 14

It is the words of the Prophets which provide the base for true peace.

Arab and Muslim political leaders and some of the Ulema (clergy) misled their own people when they taught that Islam prohibited them from recognizing the State of Israel or having peaceful relations with it.

The authentic teachings of the Qur'an are quite different.

In "The Cow" Allah says that Jews and Muslims have their own special directions of prayer (Jerusalem for Jews and Mecca for Muslims) [Qur'an, "The Cow", chapter 2:140].

Allah Himself is saying that Jerusalem is as important to Jews as Mecca is to Muslims.

Nevertheless, most Muslim leaders continue to claim that Islam prohibits Muslims from recognizing the right of the Jewish People to the Land of Israel. It is our duty to stop this false propaganda.

We must follow the example of the martyr Anwar Sadat, the noble leader, who showed us how to look to the future with a positive attitude and learn from past mistakes. May Allah have Mercy upon him!

Muslims and Jews must recognize each other as brothers, descendants of Abraham, the messenger to the world of ethical monotheism. To do this we must be prepared to forgive past faults and understand that those who follow the ways of peace and forgiveness walk in the shadow of Allah. We must remember Joseph's forgiving attitude to his brothers, the children of Jacob/Israel, and follow his example by telling our Muslim brothers:

"This day let not reproach be cast on you, Allah will forgive you, since He is the Most Merciful of those who show mercy" [Qur'an, "Joseph", chapter 12:92].

My goal is to see that we do not turn the precious teachings of our prophets into theological battle swords that cause hatred and violence. These teachings should guide us to humility and understanding of the destiny that we Muslims and Jews must fulfill for our own benefit and ultimately for the benefit of all humanity.

Shalom/Salaam

GLOSSARY

"Dar-es-Salam" (Realm of Peace)

"Dar-el-Hareb" (Realm of War)

"Dhimmi" (second class citizenship accorded to Christians and Jews in Muslim lands)

"Hadith" (oral tradition of the sayings of Muhammed)

"Hegira" (Muhammed's escape from Mecca to Medina)

"Jihad" (Original Meaning: Performing Divine Commandments that involve hardship. Current Meaning: "Holy War")

"Qur'an" (Muslim Holy Scriptures)

"Tanach" (Jewish Holy Scriptures consisting of the Torah, Prophets and Writings)

"Torah" ("Divine Instruction", i.e. the Five Books of Moses)

"Ulema" (Muslim clergy)

King David
03-31-2007, 01:33 AM
Koran 17:104: Then We said to the Israelites: 'Dwell in the land. When the promise of the hereafter comes to be fulfilled, We shall assemble you all together.'

NoName55
03-31-2007, 01:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by King David
Koran 17:104: Then We said to the Israelites: 'Dwell in the land. When the promise of the hereafter comes to be fulfilled, We shall assemble you all together.'
17:104. and we said to the Children of Israel after him: "Dwell In the land, then, when the final and the Last Promise comes near [the Day of Resurrection or the descent of Christ ['Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) on the earth]. we shall bring You altogether as mixed crowd (gathered out of various nations).[Tafsir Al-Qurtubî, Vol. 10, Page 338]

did you not see these words (in bold)? BTW does "and" not mean that it is a continuation of a previous verse?

and we said thereafter to the Children of Israel, "Dwell securely In the land ": but when the second of the warnings (first one when Christ was born, 2nd one when He returns) comes to pass, we shall gather you together In a mingled crowd.
وَقُلْنَا مِنْ بَعْدِهِ لِبَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ اسْكُنُوا الأرْضَ فَإِذَا جَاءَ وَعْدُ الآخِرَةِ جِئْنَا بِكُمْ لَفِيفًا

Wa-salaam Alaikum

King David
03-31-2007, 02:04 AM
And if they hear evil, vain, false talk, they withdraw from it and say,
‘For us are our deeds, and for you are your deeds.
Peace be with you.
We do not seek the ignorant ones.
Please explain

King David
03-31-2007, 02:10 AM
And certainly We gave Musa nine clear signs; so ask the children of Israel.
When he came to them, Firon said to him:
Most surely I deem you, O Musa, to be a man deprived of reason.
He said: In truth thou knowest that none sent down these (portents),
Save the Lord of the heavens and the earth as proofs,
And lo! (for my part) I deem thee lost, O Pharaoh.
And he wished to scare them from the land,
But We drowned him and those with him, all together.
And We said unto the Children of Israel after him: Dwell in the land;
But when the promise of the Hereafter cometh to pass,
We shall bring you as a crowd gathered out of various nations.
surah 17:101 -104 Al Isra
(M. Pickthall, The Meaning of the Glorious Quran, U. of Michigan.)

To Moses We did give Nine Clear Signs:
As the Children of Israel: when he came to them, Pharaoh said to him:
"O Moses! I consider thee, indeed, to have been worked upon by sorcery!
Moses said,
"Thou knowest well that these things have been sent down by none,
But the Lord of the heavens and the earth as eye-opening evidence:
And I consider thee indeed, O Pharaoh, to be one doomed to destruction!"
So he resolved to remove them from the face of the earth:
But We did drown him and all who were with him.
And We said thereafter to the Children of Israel,
"Dwell securely in the land (of promise)":
But when the second of the warnings came to pass,
We gather you together in a mingled crowd.(2314)
surah 17:101-104 Al Isra' (The Night Journey)

"2314. Some commentators understand the second warning to be the Day of Judgment, the Promise of the Hereafter."
Abdullah Yusuf Ali, The Holy Qur'an
(Abdullah Yusuf Ali, The Holy Qur'an, p. 703.)

"And it shall come to pass on that day, that the Lord will set His hand again the second time to recover the remnant of His people, that shall remain from Assyria, and from Egypt and from Pathros and from Kush and from Eklam and from Shinar and from Hamath and from the islands of the sea. And he shall set up an ensign for the nations and will assemble the dispersed of Israel and gather together the scattered of Judah from the four corners of the Earth."
Isaiah 11:11

NoName55
03-31-2007, 02:15 AM
Please explain
signature, shows in every post

go to user cp > select "edit signature"

NoName55
03-31-2007, 02:17 AM
And certainly We gave Musa..................
Please don't just notice the signature and ignore the actual post: http://www.islamicboard.com/700034-post26.html

King David
03-31-2007, 02:27 AM
signature, shows in every post

go to user cp > select "edit signature"

I want you to explain what youmean by your signature pls

NoName55
03-31-2007, 02:43 AM
I want you to explain what youmean by your signature pls
you pick a favorite verse or poem or anything you like and put it in your profile then it appears in every post you make.
  • A signature is a piece of text that you add to your profile and is inserted into the bottom of your posts automatically.
  • You will have the option to include your signature on any posts you make. If you have specified a signature, then the forum will automatically append your signature to any messages you post. You can disable signatures on a per-post basis by un-ticking the 'Show Signature' checkbox when you compose your message.
  • You may turn the signature on and off on posts you have already made by editing the post and altering the state of the 'Show Signature' option.
  • We ask that you do not include any un-islamic, anti-islamic, inauthenthic or national flags in your signature.
  • You can set your signature by going to the Edit Signature in your User Control Panel
or are you interested in tafsir of verse in my signature? if so, then it just means that one should not waste time on useless activity/passtime and one should avoid the company of those who engage in evil, vain, false talk

by the way you are still ignoring my post about you distorting and misusing Qura'anic Ahyat at http://www.islamicboard.com/700034-post26.html

King David
03-31-2007, 05:17 PM
17:104. and we said to the Children of Israel after him: "Dwell In the land, then, when the final and the Last Promise comes near [the Day of Resurrection or the descent of Christ ['Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) on the earth]. we shall bring You altogether as mixed crowd (gathered out of various nations).[Tafsir Al-Qurtubî, Vol. 10, Page 338]

did you not see these words (in bold)? BTW does "and" not mean that it is a continuation of a previous verse?

and we said thereafter to the Children of Israel, "Dwell securely In the land ": but when the second of the warnings (first one when Christ was born, 2nd one when He returns) comes to pass, we shall gather you together In a mingled crowd.
وَقُلْنَا مِنْ بَعْدِهِ لِبَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ اسْكُنُوا الأرْضَ فَإِذَا جَاءَ وَعْدُ الآخِرَةِ جِئْنَا بِكُمْ لَفِيفًا

Wa-salaam Alaikum

104 وَقُلْنَا مِن بَعْدِهِ لِبَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ اسْكُنُواْ الأَرْضَ فَإِذَا جَاءَ وَعْدُ الآخِرَةِ جِئْنَا بِكُمْ لَفِيفًا

Yusuf Ali 104: And We said thereafter to the Children of Israel, "Dwell securely in the land (of promise)": but when the second of the warnings came to pass, We gathered you together in a mingled crowd.

Shakir 104: And We said to the Israelites after him: Dwell in the land: and when the promise of the next life shall come to pass, we will bring you both together in judgment.

Pickthal 104: And We said unto the Children of Israel after him: Dwell in the land; but when the promise of the Hereafter cometh to pass We shall bring you as a crowd gathered out of various nations.

My Translation

King David
03-31-2007, 05:20 PM
"There is a ban upon a city [Jerusalem] that We have destroyed. They [the Jews] shall not return [to the Land of Israel] till when Gog and Magog are unloosed, and they slide down out of every slope, and nigh has drawn the true promise, and behold, the eyes of the unbelievers staring. 'Alas for us! We were heedless of this. Nay, we are evildoers" [Qur'an, "The Prophets", chapter 21:96, 97].

]"Upon this day when their faces are turned about in the fire, they shall say: 'Ah, would we had obeyed God and the messenger!' They shall say:'Our Lord, we obeyed the chiefs and great ones, and they led us astray from the way. Our Lord, give them chastisement twofold, and curse them with a mighty curse" [ Qur'an, "The Confederates", chapter 33:66].

The next verse admonishes:

"O believers, be not as those who hurt Moses(Israelites), but God declared him quit of what they said, and he was high honored with God" [Qur'an, "The Confederates", chapter 33:68].

"We sent not any before thee except men to whom we revealed: Question the People of the Remembrance [Children fo Israel], if it should be that you do not know -- with the clear signs, and the Psalms, and We have sent down to thee Remembrance [Qur'an] that thou [Muslims] mayest make clear to mankind what was sent down to them [Israelites]" ---[B]Do they, who (in defiance of God’s grace) devise evil schemes, feel safe and secure that God will not cause the earth to swallow them, or that the punishment will not befall them without their perceiving whence it has come?

[Qur'an, "The Bee", chapter 16:43-45].

STOP SHOUTING

IT IS VERY ANNOYING

King David
03-31-2007, 05:21 PM
And certainly We gave Musa nine clear signs; so ask the children of Israel.
When he came to them, Firon said to him:
Most surely I deem you, O Musa, to be a man deprived of reason.
He said: In truth thou knowest that none sent down these (portents),
Save the Lord of the heavens and the earth as proofs,
And lo! (for my part) I deem thee lost, O Pharaoh.
And he wished to scare them from the land,
But We drowned him and those with him, all together.
And We said unto the Children of Israel after him: Dwell in the land;
But when the promise of the Hereafter cometh to pass,
We shall bring you as a crowd gathered out of various nations.
surah 17:101 -104 Al Isra
(M. Pickthall, The Meaning of the Glorious Quran, U. of Michigan.)
To Moses We did give Nine Clear Signs:
As the Children of Israel: when he came to them, Pharaoh said to him:
"O Moses! I consider thee, indeed, to have been worked upon by sorcery!
Moses said,
"Thou knowest well that these things have been sent down by none,
But the Lord of the heavens and the earth as eye-opening evidence:
And I consider thee indeed, O Pharaoh, to be one doomed to destruction!"
So he resolved to remove them from the face of the earth:
But We did drown him and all who were with him.
And We said thereafter to the Children of Israel,
"Dwell securely in the land (of promise)":
But when the second of the warnings came to pass,
We gather you together in a mingled crowd.(2314)
surah 17:101-104 Al Isra' (The Night Journey)
"2314. Some commentators understand the second warning to be the Day of Judgment, the Promise of the Hereafter."
Abdullah Yusuf Ali, The Holy Qur'an
(Abdullah Yusuf Ali, The Holy Qur'an, p. 703.)

"And it shall come to pass on that day, that the Lord will set His hand again the second time to recover the remnant of His people, that shall remain from Assyria, and from Egypt and from Pathros and from Kush and from Eklam and from Shinar and from Hamath and from the islands of the sea. And he shall set up an ensign for the nations and will assemble the dispersed of Israel and gather together the scattered of Judah from the four corners of the Earth."
Isaiah 11

King David
03-31-2007, 05:23 PM
Yechezkiel(Ezekiel) - Chapter 35

1. Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying:
2. "Son of man, direct your face toward Mount Seir and prophesy over it.
3. And you shall say to it: So said the Lord God: Behold I am against you, O Mount Seir, and I shall stretch forth My hand upon you and make you desolate and waste.
4. I shall lay your cities waste, and you will be desolate, and you will know that I am the Lord.
5. Because you had everlasting hatred, and you hurled the children of Israel by the sword, on the day of their misfortune at the time of the end of their iniquity.
6. Therefore, as I live, says the Lord God, for I shall make you into blood, and blood will pursue you; for surely you hated blood, and blood will pursue you.
7. And I shall make Mount Seir into desolation and waste, and I shall cut off from you anyone passing through or returning.
8. And I shall fill his mountains with his slain, your hills and your dales and all your streams-those slain by the sword will fall in them.
9. I shall make you everlasting desolations, and your cities will not return, and you will know that I am the Lord.
10. Because you said, "The two nations and the two lands will be mine, and we shall inherit it," and the Lord was there,
11. Therefore, as I live, says the Lord God, I shall commit [acts] like your wrath and like your [acts of] anger that you did out of your hatred for them, and I shall be known among them when I judge you.
12. And you will know that I am the Lord. I heard all your blasphemies that you said concerning the mountains of Israel, saying, "They have become desolate; they were given to us to devour."
13. You have magnified yourselves against Me with your mouth, and you have multiplied your words against Me; I have heard.
14. So said the Lord God: When the whole earth rejoices, I shall make you desolate.
15. As you rejoiced over the inheritance of the house of Israel because it became desolate, so will I do to you; Mount Seir and all Edom will be desolate, even all of it, and they will know that I am the Lord.

AvarAllahNoor
03-31-2007, 05:34 PM
God alone decides who is the sinner and who is the believer. - We are nothing.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.