/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Doing a project on Saudi Arabia-need help

Yanal
03-29-2007, 12:25 AM
Aslam alkum warkmatulah wabrkatuh my brothers and sisters.. i am doing a school project on saudi Arabia i need help to get alot i mean ALOT of information on it please help me :w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
03-29-2007, 12:30 AM

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Aslam alkum warkmatulah wabrkatuh my brothers and sisters.. i am doing a school project on saudi Arabia i need help to get alot i mean ALOT of information on it please help me :w:

hello little bro , u may check the links

http://www.hajinformation.com/index.htm

http://saudinf.com

also , u may contact ur local Saudi Embassy.

Saudi Arabia - Diplomatic Missions

Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia
99 Bank Street Suite 901, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1P 6B9
Telephone (613) 237-4100
Fax (613) 237-0567

Yanal
03-29-2007, 12:32 AM
Aslam alkum warkmatulah wabrkatuh my brothers and sisters.. thanks:w:

Yanal
03-29-2007, 12:39 AM
please help me please

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
03-29-2007, 11:28 AM
:sl:

what exactly is the project about?
as in u want info on islam in saudi, education, its rule, history, what exactly?

Yanal
03-31-2007, 05:01 PM
ah on everything i am doing a whole saudi aRabia project i haveb't started but right now i need the animals of saudi Arabia and the plants so plz help me:w:

Muslim Woman
04-01-2007, 08:22 AM

Salaam/peace;

ah on everything i am doing a whole saudi aRabia project i haveb't started but right now i need the animals of saudi Arabia and the plants so plz help me:w:
--The living desert – the wildlife of Saudi Arabia

http://www.exploresaudiarabia.com/factfile/file04.htm

Lack of soil and water, combined with wind, shifting sand and heat, make life tough for plants. Where water is present, growth is luxuriant, such as in the cooler, wetter Asir mountains, where juniper forest mixes with olive trees, jasmine, honeysuckle and roses.

Elsewhere, in the hotter regions, date palms flourish where water is more accessible, and in the drier areas, in the open gravel and sandy plains, acacia trees are the most common, specially adapted, with long tap roots that reach down into the ground in search of water.

The wildlife and conservation body in Saudi Arabia:

www.ncwcd.gov.sa/englishmain.htm

Fennec Fox

The Fennec fox is a small, desert fox with very large ears; it lives in the Sahara and in northern Saudi Arabia.

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/bio...t/desert.shtml

also try this one

http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-45201/Saudi-Arabia

Saudi Arabia
Plant and animal life

Much of Saudi Arabia's vegetation belongs to the North African–Indian desert region. Plants are xerophytic (requiring little water) and are mostly small herbs and shrubs that are useful as forage.

There are a few small areas of grass and trees in southern Asir. Although the date palm (Phoenix dactylifera) is widespread, about one-third of the date palms grown are in Al-Sharqiyyah province.

You're reading a free sample article. Now get full coverage of this topic with a no-risk FREE TRIAL!

Animal life includes wolves, hyenas, foxes, honey badgers, mongooses, porcupines, baboons, hedgehogs, hares, sand rats, and jerboas.

Larger animals such as gazelles, oryx, leopards, and mountain goats were relatively numerous until about 1950, when hunting from motor vehicles reduced these animals almost to extinction. Birds include falcons (which are caught and trained for hunting), eagles, hawks, vultures, owls, ravens, flamingos, egrets, pelicans, doves, and quail, as well as sand grouse and bulbuls.

There are several species of snakes, many of which are poisonous, and numerous types of lizards. There is a wide variety of marine life in the gulf. Domesticated animals include camels, fat-tailed sheep, long-eared goats, salukis, donkeys, and chickens.

Yanal
04-27-2007, 12:36 AM
thanks for all the help i am done and we have all presented so i am not afraid anymore

Yanal
04-27-2007, 12:37 AM
but i have a question about saudi Arabia do all the women wear veils in Saudi Arabia?

Yanal
04-27-2007, 12:38 AM
all the women that are muslims do they wear veils?

S_87
04-27-2007, 09:37 AM
but i have a question about saudi Arabia do all the women wear veils in Saudi Arabia?

never been allllll round saudi to tell you but women do wear veils. in places like riyadh and jeddah though not all women wear. and this includes muslim women.

Yanal
06-02-2007, 02:00 AM
okay done my project like few months ago i am gonna bump this thread till it is a hot thread lol:skeleton:

Yanal
06-02-2007, 02:00 AM
:D bump:skeleton:

Yanal
06-02-2007, 02:01 AM
i am gonna bump 2 more times

Yanal
06-02-2007, 02:01 AM
:thumbs_up :skeleton: :skeleton: :skeleton: :skeleton: bump:omg:

Yanal
06-02-2007, 02:02 AM
lastone bump

Malaikah
06-02-2007, 11:37 AM

lol stop bumping! One is enough.

Tania
06-02-2007, 12:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

Larger animals such as gazelles, oryx, leopards, and mountain goats were relatively numerous until about 1950, when hunting from motor vehicles reduced these animals almost to extinction. Birds include falcons (which are caught and trained for hunting), eagles, hawks, vultures, owls, ravens, flamingos, egrets, pelicans, doves, and quail, as well as sand grouse and bulbuls.

fat-tailed sheep
I think the power and money made them to forget to protect the wildlife.
I know its a strange question but the whole sheep is fat or only his tail :?:-[

06-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Go Wikipedia

Tania
06-05-2007, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ......
Go Wikipedia
Its only his tail:-[

by Wikipendia
"Sheep were specifically bred for the unique quality of the fat stored in the tail area and the fat (called allyah) was used extensively in medieval Arab and Persian cookery. The tail fat is still used in modern cookery, though there has been a reported decline, with other types of fat and oils having increased in popularity."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.