/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What measures are YOU personally undertaking to help tackle global warming?

omar_2133
03-29-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm doing the following things to reduce my carbon emissions:

1. Switching off lights when a room is empty
  2. Reducing the number of flights I take abroad
  3. Growing lots of plants in my garden
  4. Using public transport more often
  5. Investing a little money in carbon-offsetting

What about you guys?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
03-29-2007, 03:34 PM
global warmin eh? hah who cares:p :D

erm wen i was small i recycled wit moi skool:D

جوري
03-29-2007, 05:51 PM
I love driving my pathfinder so no to public transportation... last time I was on a bus some nasty old hag kept harassing me... then I asked her to "kindly shut up"-- and people clapped hehe :-[ ... as amused as I was of such a spectacle I don't think I can repeat it again...eh May Allah have mercy on us with these increasing gas prices...

I like candles more than regular lights but my parents seem to protest a bit much something about fire hazards etc etc...:raging:

I like gardens but I killed my two cacti to I just prefer rivers to gardens and luckily I live on an Island to enjoy such a view... If you are going to kill plants that thrive on neglect it says much about your gardening skills... (sigh)

So, how am I doing for the planet? :skeleton:

Mawaddah
03-29-2007, 06:01 PM
:sl:

Well I do most of those things mentioned above but I never thought of it as saving the planet :p they were just instilled in me that's all.

I never leave a room with the light/fan/aircon on. But I do it so I wont waste electricity.

We have a pretty large Garden with trees and all....everywhere we've gone my dad has made it a point to have a garden Alhamdulillah. He loves growing stuff like onions and carrots too lol.

Well, thers' no way I'm going to catch a bus whilst i'm on this island!! So my parents drive me everywhere.

Not much no?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
deen_2007
03-29-2007, 08:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by omar_2133
I'm doing the following things to reduce my carbon emissions:

1. Switching off lights when a room is empty.....yes..OMG...thats my habit...even @ work :okay: :-[
  2. Reducing the number of flights I take abroad...erm wel i only travel once every 6-7 yrs! :)
  3. Growing lots of plants in my garden....naaaaah :X
  4. Using public transport more often...ooops...ever since 17...ive been driving everywhere...sorry guys! :hiding: ...cnt stand transport :D
  5. Investing a little money in carbon-offsetting...one day maybe..:D

What about you guys?
i also do a lot of recyclyn.....we recycle everything...mashaallah...:thumbs_up

Kittygyal
09-21-2007, 05:33 PM
Salamyalikum.
Recycle

1) Beer/Alcohol bottles (Me family drink - not muslims)
2) paper
3)carton

I think thats about it :/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.