/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how to invite this person to islam??

ziz0u07
03-29-2007, 06:22 PM
:w: brothers,

There is a chiristian guy i met him in a chat , we begin to talk about religiouns and then i tried to invite him to islam but he seems like not interested in islam, but then he took my email and he said he want talk with me latter about the true religioun..... i just want to ask the brothers in this forum for the best way to invite this guy to islam...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
03-30-2007, 12:19 AM
I try to follow 3 simple rules:

1. Don't push

2. Don't Push

3. Don't push

Now with that said. simply live life in accordance with the Qur'an and Sunnah. Don't be a Muslim BE a Muslim. Let him see more by example than by words. Be available to answer any Questions, be honest with your answers. Do not say anything negative about his faith. You do not need to try to prove he is wrong, you only have to show you are right,

Always remember Surah 2:256 also remember only Allah(swt) can cause him to revert. All you can do is be honest and in the right place at the right time.
Be patient and avoid being judgemental. Do not allow yourself to get angry.

ژاله
03-30-2007, 03:39 AM
^i also have a same question..i have a christian class fellow,she has some knowledge about islam but she says that she is satisfied with her religion.
bro woodrow as you said,
should i preach islam to her,try to guide her or just dont do anything...
is it allowed,i mean beneficial to have debate like discussions or i am just supposed to BE a muslim?
i am a bit confused

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-04-2007, 06:01 AM
Unless, the person has a specific question...dont push it. Cuz we cant force them. well thats what i do.

:sl:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
deeha
04-21-2007, 01:32 AM
try a slow and stedy approach..don't force him..and don't be too quick...show him your best islamic attitude that might attract him to islam..may Allah ease u and him.. :statisfie

ummzayd
04-21-2007, 05:38 PM
I like those 3 simple rules....be an example first of all.

it's possible the guy might want to preach his religion to you. this is a great way of doing dawah insha'Allah and a lot of Muslims have come to Islam because of trying to convert Muslims to Christianity. in all the cases I've heard of, what caused them to revert to Islam (bearing in mind that it is Allah alone who guides) was the mildness and humility of the Muslim, and the irrefutable logic of Islam alhamdulillah.

Pk_#2
04-21-2007, 06:15 PM
If you meet him, smile loads :D

Because Muslims are known to be really dud! (And obviously das not true)

Only Allah (Swt) can change him, so make dua if you really care about him,

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Sunnih
05-10-2007, 11:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ziz0u07

There is a chiristian guy i met him in a chat , we begin to talk about religiouns and then i tried to invite him to islam but he seems like not interested in islam, but then he took my email and he said he want talk with me latter about the true religioun..... i just want to ask the brothers in this forum for the best way to invite this guy to islam...
May Allah reward those who answered above. I just wanted to ad a few words myself to that.

It is not hiden from anyone that islam is being portrayed in a way contrary to what it is from the media whether by accident or by design. A lot of missconceptions arise and are watered and cared untill they grow in the minds of those who do not know islam, by those whose goal is to work against islam.

It is a religious obligation for every muslim and muslimah to clarify these missconceptions each according to his/her abilities.

One does it thorugh his/her writtings, his/her speech and advice and those who do not have enough knowledge do it by first learning themselves and also by presenting the work of those who have more knowledge than them to those who need this knowledge. So in this respect there is no excuse for anyone and no one should be neglectful in this.

The greatest missconception risen for those who do not know Islam is that Islam is a religion that has come to engulf the individual personality and thinking and life. This is not true of course and from this point we should start with people especially in the west. We should explaing to them that in reality islam is not a religion that chains and bonds the individual, his personality, mentality and so on but Islam is here to direct and orientate all these. And al-hamdulilah the Qur'an and the sunnah are full with examples of this nature.

The second point we should explain is that all the prohibitions in islam are there for a specific purpose and reason and that the amount of the allowed in islam is far greated than the amount of the prohibited things and matters.

Also from the benefits of such point is to explain with it that whatever is made haram is not something vital for us and impossible to live without. Indeed containg yourself to only what is halal is more than enough for any person to live by without the need to resort to haram things and matters. In the same light it should also be mentioned that in particular circumstances these haram things and matters become allowed in dire need and necessity. All this, points out to the greatness of our religion and it tolerant nature.

And we could go on and on regarding what to call to and what to mention and whoever thinks about what the ulama of usul have written will find a lot of ease in this and will derive a lot of benefit from them.

One thing I would suggest to the brothers and sisters: Read and understand the meaning of the ayas of the eighteen issues and begin by this point and you will the benefit of that inshallah. The ayas of the eighteen rights:

"Take not with Allah another object of worship; or thou (O man!) wilt sit in disgrace and destitution. Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life say not to them a word of contempt nor repel them but address them in terms of honor. And out of kindness lower to them the wing of humility and say: "My Lord! bestow on them Thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood." Your Lord knoweth best what is in your hearts: if ye do deeds of righteousness verily He is Most Forgiving to those who turn to Him again and again (in true penitence). And render to the kindred their due rights as (also) to those in want and to the wayfarer: but squander not (your wealth) in the manner of a spendthrift. Verily spendthrifts are brothers of the Evil Ones; and the Evil One is to his Lord (Himself) ungrateful. And even if thou hast to turn away from them in pursuit of the Mercy from thy Lord which thou dost expect yet speak to them a word of easy kindness. Make not thy hand tied (like a niggard's) to thy neck nor stretch it forth to its utmost reach so that thou become blameworthy and destitute. Verily thy Lord doth provide sustenance in abundance for whom He pleaseth and He provideth in a just measure: for He doth know and regard all His servants. Kill not your children for fear of want: We shall provide sustenance for them as well as for you: verily the killing of them is a great sin. Nor come nigh to adultery: for it is a shameful (deed) and an evil opening the road (to other evils). Nor take life which Allah has made sacred except for just cause. And if anyone is slain wrongfully We have given his heir authority (to demand Qisas or to forgive): but let him not exceed bounds in the matter of taking life: for he is helped (by the Law). Come not nigh to the orphan's property except to improve it until he attains the age of full strength; and fulfil (every) engagement for (every) engagement will be enquired into (on the Day of Reckoning). Give full measure when ye measure and weigh with a balance that is straight: that is the most fitting and the most advantageous in the final determination. And pursue not that of which thou hast no knowledge; for every act of hearing or of seeing or of (feeling in) the heart will be enquired into (on the Day of Reckoning). Nor walk on the earth with insolence: for thou canst not rend the earth asunder nor reach the mountains in height. Of all such things the evil is hateful in the sight of thy Lord. These are among the (precepts of) wisdom which thy Lord Has revealed to thee. Take not with Allah another object of worship lest thou shouldst be thrown into Hell blameworthy and rejected. (17:22-39)

Also the verses of the ten issues:

Say: "Come I will rehearse what Allah hath (really) prohibited you from": join not anything as equal with Him; be good to your parents: kill not your children on a plea of want; We provide sustenance for you and for them; come not nigh to shameful deeds whether open or secret; take not life which Allah hath made sacred except by way of justice and law: thus doth He command you that ye may learn wisdom. And come not nigh to the orphan's property except to improve it until he attain the age of full strength; give measure and weight with (full) justice; no burden do We place on any soul but that which it can bear; whenever ye speak speak justly even if a near relative is concerned; and fulfil the Covenant of Allah: thus doth He command you that ye may remember. Verily this is My Way leading straight: follow it: follow not (other) paths: they will scatter you about from His (great) path: thus doth He command you that ye may be righteous. (6:151-153)

Sunnih
05-12-2007, 08:11 AM
It is not hiden from anyone that islam is being portrayed in a way contrary to what it is from the media whether by accident or by design. A lot of missconceptions arise and are watered and cared untill they grow in the minds of those who do not know islam, by those whose goal is to work against islam.

It is a religious obligation for every muslim and muslimah to clarify these missconceptions each according to his/her abilities.

One does it thorugh his/her writtings, his/her speech and advice and those who do not have enough knowledge do it by first learning themselves and also by presenting the work of those who have more knowledge than them to those who need this knowledge. So in this respect there is no excuse for anyone and no one should be neglectful in this.

The greatest missconception risen for those who do not know Islam is that Islam is a religion that has come to engulf the individual personality and thinking and life. This is not true of course and from this point we should start with people especially in the west. We should explaing to them that in reality islam is not a religion that chains and bonds the individual, his personality, mentality and so on but Islam is here to direct and orientate all these. And al-hamdulilah the Qur'an and the sunnah are full with examples of this nature.

The second point we should explain is that all the prohibitions in islam are there for a specific purpose and reason and that the amount of the allowed in islam is far greated than the amount of the prohibited things and matters.

Also from the benefits of such point is to explain with it that whatever is made haram is not something vital for us and impossible to live without. Indeed containg yourself to only what is halal is more than enough for any person to live by without the need to resort to haram things and matters. In the same light it should also be mentioned that in particular circumstances these haram things and matters become allowed in dire need and necessity. All this, points out to the greatness of our religion and it tolerant nature.

And we could go on and on regarding what to call to and what to mention and whoever thinks about what the ulama of usul have written will find a lot of ease in this and will derive a lot of benefit from them.

One thing I would suggest to the brothers and sisters: Read and understand the meaning of the ayas of the eighteen issues and begin by this point and you will the benefit of that inshallah. The ayas of the eighteen rights:

"Take not with Allah another object of worship; or thou (O man!) wilt sit in disgrace and destitution. Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life say not to them a word of contempt nor repel them but address them in terms of honor. And out of kindness lower to them the wing of humility and say: "My Lord! bestow on them Thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood." Your Lord knoweth best what is in your hearts: if ye do deeds of righteousness verily He is Most Forgiving to those who turn to Him again and again (in true penitence). And render to the kindred their due rights as (also) to those in want and to the wayfarer: but squander not (your wealth) in the manner of a spendthrift. Verily spendthrifts are brothers of the Evil Ones; and the Evil One is to his Lord (Himself) ungrateful. And even if thou hast to turn away from them in pursuit of the Mercy from thy Lord which thou dost expect yet speak to them a word of easy kindness. Make not thy hand tied (like a niggard's) to thy neck nor stretch it forth to its utmost reach so that thou become blameworthy and destitute. Verily thy Lord doth provide sustenance in abundance for whom He pleaseth and He provideth in a just measure: for He doth know and regard all His servants. Kill not your children for fear of want: We shall provide sustenance for them as well as for you: verily the killing of them is a great sin. Nor come nigh to adultery: for it is a shameful (deed) and an evil opening the road (to other evils). Nor take life which Allah has made sacred except for just cause. And if anyone is slain wrongfully We have given his heir authority (to demand Qisas or to forgive): but let him not exceed bounds in the matter of taking life: for he is helped (by the Law). Come not nigh to the orphan's property except to improve it until he attains the age of full strength; and fulfil (every) engagement for (every) engagement will be enquired into (on the Day of Reckoning). Give full measure when ye measure and weigh with a balance that is straight: that is the most fitting and the most advantageous in the final determination. And pursue not that of which thou hast no knowledge; for every act of hearing or of seeing or of (feeling in) the heart will be enquired into (on the Day of Reckoning). Nor walk on the earth with insolence: for thou canst not rend the earth asunder nor reach the mountains in height. Of all such things the evil is hateful in the sight of thy Lord. These are among the (precepts of) wisdom which thy Lord Has revealed to thee. Take not with Allah another object of worship lest thou shouldst be thrown into Hell blameworthy and rejected. (17:22-39)

Also the verses of the ten issues:

Say: "Come I will rehearse what Allah hath (really) prohibited you from": join not anything as equal with Him; be good to your parents: kill not your children on a plea of want; We provide sustenance for you and for them; come not nigh to shameful deeds whether open or secret; take not life which Allah hath made sacred except by way of justice and law: thus doth He command you that ye may learn wisdom. And come not nigh to the orphan's property except to improve it until he attain the age of full strength; give measure and weight with (full) justice; no burden do We place on any soul but that which it can bear; whenever ye speak speak justly even if a near relative is concerned; and fulfil the Covenant of Allah: thus doth He command you that ye may remember. Verily this is My Way leading straight: follow it: follow not (other) paths: they will scatter you about from His (great) path: thus doth He command you that ye may be righteous. (6:151-153)

adeel
05-24-2007, 08:13 PM
Give Quotes of the quran (e.g. Al-quran 22:3), try to show that you understand their religion too, dont fight over the religions, compare the religions and best of all try not to get convinced that the other persons religion is the truth and also make Du'ah.
Inshallah you'll be able to convert that person to Islam, Ameen.

Ubaidah
05-31-2007, 09:05 PM
I personally will NEVER try to "convert" or "revert" someone to Islam. Only because I know that religion is such a defensive issue and pushing it or anything like that will only result in tempers getting flared. I will however, answer all questions to the best of my ability and give my opinions with all respect the their personal religion. I feel as though as long as I deliver Islam in a truthful and honest matter, that's all I can do. Now of course is someone is contemplating a reversion to Islam, I'll do all I can to make that a smooth a glorious transition. This topic makes me think of a song entitled "G.O.D. (Gaining One's Definition)":

When it should be a natural way of life
Who am I or they to say to whom you pray ain't right
If that's who got you doing right and got you this far
Whether you say "in Jesus name" or "Al hum du'Allah"
Long as you know there is a being that's supreme to you
You let that show towards others and in the things you do

kwolney01
09-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Tell him about the similarites between the christian faith and the Islamic faith.

al-muslimah
10-27-2007, 01:21 AM
Be eloquent and don't answer ant questions that you are not sure of and please don't say what you think is the right answer.Oh and if he starts insulting in the middle of da'wah don't defend yourself by talking back just continue MILDLY with the message of Islam.Thats what nabiullah Musa(as) did with pharoah.

Eric H
10-27-2007, 05:59 AM
Greetings and peace be with you all,

Ok I am a Christian and now I know what to look out for if a Muslim starts talking to me.

I am not saying this to be confrontational, but simply to say that Christians also have the same kind of aims as you do, and they come up with the same kind of answers.

The more I think of this question the more I am driven down the road of thinking that scriptures are intended more to change ourselves than they are for us to try and change others.

God chooses whom he wills and I have often pondered on the thought as to why God should allow so many religions to exist. So far the greatest answer I can come up with is that God’s intentions are that we should strive to get on with each other despite all our differences.

In the spirit of praying for greater interfaith friendship

Eric

islamic
10-28-2007, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ziz0u07

brother, in chat i doubt that you can do something, i don't it will have any effect on the guy you was talking with.
So, give him link of experts like some link from YouTube debates and lectures by Sheikh Ahmed Deedat or Dr. Zakir Naik.
First the misconceptions should be cleared.
On internet try to learn something more about Islam and share it LIVE.

format_quote Originally Posted by Malaak
^i also have a same question..i have a christian class fellow,she has some knowledge about islam but she says that she is satisfied with her religion.
bro woodrow as you said,
should i preach islam to her,try to guide her or just dont do anything...
is it allowed,i mean beneficial to have debate like discussions or i am just supposed to BE a muslim?
i am a bit confused
your obligation is to preach Islam to her. What does satisfy her in her her religion? offer something better from Islam because Islam has a lot more to offer. Ask her about racial problems? What does her religion say about that? ask her about alcohol problem? What does her religion have to say about that? show her some similarity of Islam, give her some quotation from the Quran and some from the Old Testament.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.