/* */

PDA

View Full Version : got a bad cough...ya Allah..

Helena
03-29-2007, 07:23 PM
:w:

i have been ill for the last two weeks...but the cough is getting worse day by day...ya Allah...

i have been taking lemsip, nurofen, and lockets.....and vapour rub for something...

the point of this thread is to provide me any other medicines to vanish the cough inshAllah..

:sl: :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
03-29-2007, 08:02 PM
:sl:

getting off red bull might help?...no?

'Abd al-Baari
03-29-2007, 08:04 PM

Theres this one medicine thats great for caughs, but i can't remeber what its called but it tastes like aniseed, Inshahallah i'll try and find out and let you know

strider
03-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Take a trip down to your doctor's surgery.

Also, if you like lemon and honey you might want to try this out: Measure out a mug/cup/glass of water and bring it to boil. Then add a tablespoon of honey(fresh honey is the best) and a few drops of lemon juice(again, fresh lemon is the best). Stir it well, let it cool down slightly so you don't hurt yourself and then drink. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
H4RUN
04-02-2007, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Rooh*+

getting off red bull might help?...no?

^good point:p

As for the cough, i had some dodgy cough as well few weeks back, no matter what i did it still remained, i thought of threating my throat like 'HANDS UP AND DROP THE COUGH' but didnt work:p...it just went away with time, was quite frustraiting whilst i had it...but then trodded off somewhere:D...

InshaAllah you'll get better soon, jus stay away from the ice chilled cans of red bull..make dua:) fiamanAllah

Muezzin
04-02-2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah, see what happens when you lay off the bull nut juice. Also, see the doctor, that goes without saying. Get well soon :)

piXie
04-02-2007, 10:40 PM

sorry to hear tht sis.

is it a dry cough ? or is it one tht is bringing up catarh ?

Also is ur cough th after affects of a flu, infection, temperature .etc ?

Snowflake
04-03-2007, 09:02 AM
To help get rid of cough:

1) Gargle with hot salty water 3 times a day (use I full cup)

2) Crush ginger and mix into honey. Lick frequently throughout the day. (Do not use spoon and swallow it in one go etc..)

3) Squeeze half a lemon into hot water and sweeten with honey for soothing drink.

4) Massage your lymph glands underneath sides of jaw, (which will be swollen due to infection) in a downwards motion using olive/mustard oil.

Hope you get well soon sis. If you don't notice a difference within a few days, see your GP.

Helena
04-07-2007, 05:13 PM
jazaks for everybodies response......alhamdulilah am well now.....

how can i stay away from red bull when am ill.......:D :D :D ....

Helena
07-11-2007, 11:05 PM
my cough is back again....i gota see a doc inshAllah....(my chest is pretty cold)...

make dua for me inshAllah....

IbnAbdulHakim
07-11-2007, 11:06 PM
i swear hot lemon in water or somethin helps,

btw this is from memory, if this ends up killing you then forgive me inshaAllah, oh and ask Allah to forgive me

jazakAllah khair

Helena
07-11-2007, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
i swear hot lemon in water or somethin helps,

btw this is from memory, if this ends up killing you then forgive me inshaAllah, oh and ask Allah to forgive me

jazakAllah khari
jazaks for the old traditional recipe.....u want me to die?..:uuh: .ya Allah....Allah(swt) knows best....

on my way making it....:coolious:

kinda worried...when i was child i had chest infection.....

Salaam
07-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

try hijama, it prevents a lot of illness.

Helena
07-11-2007, 11:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salaam
Assalamu Alaikum,

try hijama, it prevents a lot of illness.
hijama?....explanation?

Salaam
07-11-2007, 11:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LABBAYK
hijama?....explanation?
Hijama is cupping, it was practiced by the prophet Muhammad (saw)

Salaam
07-11-2007, 11:30 PM
here is a video, looks scary but im sure it does not hurt!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWcpBJY_tH0

Malaikah
07-12-2007, 12:16 PM

My dad does that, but without the actually bleeding/cutting part... is there any point in doing it with out the blood? :?

umm-sulaim
07-12-2007, 12:47 PM
yh i don't think there is, cos ur meant to let the bad blood out innit...

how bout good ol habbtu sawdaa (black seed oil) i know some people might not like the taste but it's good n cures all but death, n try chicken soup with lemon n garlic, works for me... n remember these things r jusst a sabab/reason for ur cure but it comes from Allaah, lastly don't forget to say bismillaah :D

al Amaanah
07-15-2007, 09:08 PM
hot milk and honey

جوري
07-15-2007, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

My dad does that, but without the actually bleeding/cutting part... is there any point in doing it with out the blood? :?
There are benefits (with the bleeding) in a few cases but it is not for everyone.. I don't want to get too much into it, becauseI have had a taxing day...
however common indications are in people suffering polycythemia vera, any hypercoagulable state-- or any state that causes one to have blood viscosity and pre-disposition to a DVT, also people who are suffering from Hemochromatosis..'Phlebotomy' so to speak has many scientific uses but only a health care professional can decide if it is appropriate.. I admit I don't know much about herbaology, Chinese and folk medicine.. I am sure it is an art all its own.. but I wouldn't recommend this procedure for menstruating or pregnant women at all..
Allah knows best

zhijama
02-10-2009, 10:20 PM
www.zhijama.co.uk

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.