/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim gets job in Cathedral,

Eric H
03-29-2007, 07:46 PM
Greetings and peace be with you all;

I think this is a wonderful story of Christians and a Muslim working together, I hope there are opportunities to foster greater dialogue between Islam and Christianity.

Check out the story here,

http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=g5vwd5bab.0....%2Fnode%2F4962

In the spirit of seeking a greater interfaith understanding

Eric

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
03-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Hi Brother Eric!

Hope you are well. :) Are you?

Wow, that's really great to hear. Thanks very much for posting the article.

afriend
03-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Peace be to you.

I'm not against this...I think its a very kind action which may be rewarded by Allah if he wills so.

Although, I believe there is a more urgent need for guidance within Muslim youths. Most of us are confused about Islam, and don't know how to spend our free time, and not only free time, in all aspects of life.

Maybe it would have been better if this person would help us, we certainly need it more. There are many devout christians willing to work for the cause of God at other places of worship.

I'm sure you will agree with me when I say us Muslim youths have a big problem on our plates, which is learning to live like a proper Muslim, many of us just lack the support and guidance from people like this, who are willing to give their time for religion.

I hope this does not spark any anger of hatred, just a thought.

May Allah bestow his good favours upon you.

Peace.

The Ruler
03-29-2007, 08:00 PM
:sl:

innnnnteresting....although my gut says *i'll be honest*...that there is something fishy...but hey, that's my guts :hmm:

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
03-29-2007, 08:28 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Iqram;
After reading many of your posts I felt that you had a sound faith, but I guess we can all do with more support, I hope you can find it.:)
Although, I believe there is a more urgent need for guidance within Muslim youths. Most of us are confused about Islam, and don't know how to spend our free time, and not only free time, in all aspects of life.

Maybe it would have been better if this person would help us, we certainly need it more.
I am sympathetic to your concerns, but I am sure that Ms Anjum Anwar will not overlook her commitment to the Islamic community; she must have done a great service to be awarded the MBE.

I am very optimistic that good will come of this appointment. Maybe there will be opportunities for Christian and Muslim youth groups to work together in some way in the community and build friendships.

With all the fear and suspicion that exists in this country at the moment I believe that we need more initiatives like this.

In the spirit of praying for greater interfaith friendships.

Eric

Eric H
03-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Hello brother Osman, yes I am well thank you, and I always love the opportunity to pray with people of other faiths, sadly we do not have any mosques were I live. There are some a few miles away but I always feel that you loose something when you do not pray in the town that you live.

You are posting more now; does that mean you have no exams at the moment?:)

How are things now between the two mosques were you live?

In the spirit of seeking a greater interfaith friendship

Eric

Eric H
03-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Greetings and peace be with you +*Rooh*+;
innnnnteresting....although my gut says *i'll be honest*...that there is something fishy...but hey, that's my guts :hmm:
I hope it is all very genuine, but they could be scheming a clandestine Muslim Christian fishing contest.:D

In the spirit of praying for peace

Eric

afriend
03-29-2007, 10:13 PM
Peace, yes if you look at it from that point of view its understandable i guess. :)

After reading many of your posts I felt that you had a sound faith, but I guess we can all do with more support, I hope you can find it.

We all need guidance in some point in our lives :) And I was talking on behalf of all of us, the Muslim Youth as a whole...We're in deep trouble, such as gang culture etc.

:w:

Uthman
03-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Brother Eric, :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
I always love the opportunity to pray with people of other faiths, sadly we do not have any mosques were I live. There are some a few miles away but I always feel that you loose something when you do not pray in the town that you live.
I have said this before, but if only there were more people like you...

You are posting more now; does that mean you have no exams at the moment?:)
Haha! Nope, my exams are fast approaching. They start at the end of May I think.

How are things now between the two mosques were you live?
Honest answer? I don't know. I tend not to concern myself with it. Divisions are there, even though both mosques are from the same 'sect' (I despise that word). To my understanding, the smaller mosque has the greater following, my local mosque. I only go to this one since it's walking distance, literally at the end of my street. Don't know about the other one. Haven't visited it, even seen it for a long time.

In the spirit of seeking a greater interfaith friendship
:)

mariam.
03-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Anjum Anwar said: “It’s very brave for the Cathedral to take this unique step, and I am very honoured by it. It’s a success story for the Cathedral and for the Lancashire Council of Mosques. It shows that working together has real benefits for both communities, and for wider communities as well.”

Welcoming the development, Abdul Hamid Quershi, Chairman of the Lancashire Council of Mosques, said: “This is very happy news for us in the Muslim community. It indicates the level of trust already developed between communities, and can help to take things to a new level.”

Leader of Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council, Councillor Kate Hollern, said: “This work to increase dialogue between faiths, cultures and communities is excellent and complements the 100 Voices community debates that have given local people the opportunity to discuss their concerns and give their views about cohesion in an open, honest and constructive way.”

“We found that local people from different communities have the shared values of wanting to promote strong families and good, safe, clean neighbourhoods.”
Wow .. very nice words :statisfie
Iam so HAPPY to hear this news ... thank you

Umar001
04-01-2007, 10:58 PM
I wonder if the brothers there will then give a Christian a job at the masjid. I wonder.

I also wonder if they care about people leaving Islam.

format_quote Originally Posted by +*Rooh*+
Did you eat fish and chips that night?

Count DeSheep
04-02-2007, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
I also wonder if they care about people leaving Islam.
You talkin' about the Muslim working at a Cathedral?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.