/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is bothering you today?

جوري
03-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Sometimes at the end of the day... I write the things that bother me down and either keep them in my diary or throw them away... but it is a form of relief... today I thought I'd share a bothersome event... I hope this doesn't go against forum rules? and if you too have something that is bothering you-- you could share it with me... and maybe I'll feel less bad about my ow troubles? :-[ well here goes......
I have a miserable headache x 4 days.. with no alleviating or exacerbating factors... it isn't worse when I get up in the morning.. it is constant and dull localized to the occipital region... is in fact creeping forward though not interfering with my other activities... It is a low grade headache but bothersome in the sense that it has been with me for longer than it should be-- it has hindered me from concentrating on work ( and oh I am so flooded with work that I can't finish)... and rather than ignoring the headache...concentrating on my duties or at least getting some rest until it goes away... I come here and write about it :enough!:

Well.. that was awful but I am going to click the submit new thread button anyway... here goes...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
03-30-2007, 02:40 AM
Greetings and peace be with you PurestAmbrosia;

I am so sorry to hear about your lingering headache, :? it must wear you down; it sounds like you are working too hard. I hope you feel better soon.

God bless you and grant you peace from your pain.

Eric

جوري
03-30-2007, 02:43 AM
Thank you... I feel much better now ... =)

have a great evening

peace!

samah12
03-30-2007, 02:51 AM
I am sorry to hear of your headache PurestAmbroais, I pray it will leave you soon. Maybe too much staring at a computer screen lol.

My trouble today quite honestly is that being a member of this site is actually making me, for the first time ever, question my revertion to Islam. Isn't that awful.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
03-30-2007, 02:55 AM
question in a good or bad way?
I think you should take a step back from the forum and make time to reflect...
You can't be subject to everyone's criticism or praises... you are your own woman... the best judge of what you do.. so hang on to your moral compass.... if you need to pls PM.. Maybe I can be of help? Dear sister... pls be well =)

samah12
03-30-2007, 02:58 AM
Please can I PM you, I don't want to be a bother but I am 8 hours away from my husband so dont have anyone to discuss this with. I dont actually know how to PM though.

جوري
03-30-2007, 03:01 AM
oh sweet sister... you are no bother... it would be a pleasure.. I just Pmed you I'll in fact do it again with my email address so that it will be easier for you to correspond

Muslim Woman
03-30-2007, 03:14 AM

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&

format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
.... ( and oh I am so flooded with work that I can't finish)... ...
very sorry to know about it :cry:

may be , u r doing too much works . Is it possible to take leave ?

Do u know how to do meditation ? At least , try to listen to the music ...it sounds so good . Sound of rain & other staff , it will make u sleep & Insha Allah , headache will be gone.

Also , try to find out when headache starts.....in my case , if go out on noon , headache visits me :cry:

did u talk to a doc ?

جوري
03-30-2007, 03:17 AM
Shokran ukhty... Wallah A3lam I believe the headache is because of my eyes--... and they are blood shot.. I have a foreign body sensation in one of them for a few days but I fail to find an eye lash in there... Maybe my contacts are too drying or I have been wearing them for too long?... I do need a vacation... but then again I believe everyone on this forum does too ...hehehe

Muslim Woman
03-30-2007, 03:22 AM

Salaam/peace ,

format_quote Originally Posted by samah12
Please can I PM you, I don't want to be a bother but I am 8 hours away from my husband so dont have anyone to discuss this with. I dont actually know how to PM though.

click on screen name & few lines will come as send pm , send e-mail etc.

u r most welcome to pm me :statisfie

i've 2 go now , Insha Allah will be back in few hours.

if anybody asks about ur revert to Islam , why not think that it's a wonderful chance to let him/her know about Islam ? may be , ur answer will encourage him/her to read Quran & one day , s/he will follow u ? :D

Eric H
03-30-2007, 03:49 AM
Greetings and peace be with you samah12;
My trouble today quite honestly is that being a member of this site is actually making me, for the first time ever, question my revertion to Islam. Isn't that awful.
No it isn’t awful, faith is only faith when you ask questions about it and it is tested. Troubling questions exist for people of all faiths and we need to search for answers that satisfy our doubts.

This is very natural for people of all faiths, sometimes questions may not be answered for ages, some questions may never be answered satisfactorily; and you need to find ways to continue in faith despite your doubts.

Faith and life is a journey always one day at a time and this leaves us searching throughout our lives, I am only 57 and still struggling at times. One of the things that troubles me from time to time is talking to sincere people of other faiths, I have family and friends who also have different beliefs. I hope and pray that they can all find salvation, somehow I believe that God has a good plan for all people of all faiths and no faith.

In the spirit of praying to a loving and merciful God

Eric

samah12
03-30-2007, 04:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

Salaam/peace ,

click on screen name & few lines will come as send pm , send e-mail etc.

u r most welcome to pm me :statisfie

i've 2 go now , Insha Allah will be back in few hours.

if anybody asks about ur revert to Islam , why not think that it's a wonderful chance to let him/her know about Islam ? may be , ur answer will encourage him/her to read Quran & one day , s/he will follow u ? :D
Thank you sister. For me it is time for prayer then sleep but I would like to PM you tomorrow if that's ok. Salaam

samah12
03-30-2007, 04:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you samah12;

No it isn’t awful, faith is only faith when you ask questions about it and it is tested. Troubling questions exist for people of all faiths and we need to search for answers that satisfy our doubts.

This is very natural for people of all faiths, sometimes questions may not be answered for ages, some questions may never be answered satisfactorily; and you need to find ways to continue in faith despite your doubts.

Faith and life is a journey always one day at a time and this leaves us searching throughout our lives, I am only 57 and still struggling at times. One of the things that troubles me from time to time is talking to sincere people of other faiths, I have family and friends who also have different beliefs. I hope and pray that they can all find salvation, somehow I believe that God has a good plan for all people of all faiths and no faith.

In the spirit of praying to a loving and merciful God

Eric
What a nice message Eric. I am by profession a scientist so it is my nature to question everything and to try to find proof. Obviously I do not need proof of the existence of Allah because I know He is there but anything written or said by man I feel I must question until I am satisfied with the answer. My problem today stems from being told repeatedly that I must not question, just accept.

I must go to pray now but I will be back tomorrow and would like to discuss this further with you.

May Allah forgive and bless us all.

Eric H
03-30-2007, 05:03 AM
Blessings and peace be with you samah12;
My problem today stems from being told repeatedly that I must not question, just accept.
I believe that you have to both question things and also accept some things, but how do you know what to question and what to accept.:) My thoughts are, just accept that God exists fully and totally, and just about everything else can be questioned.

I suppose being a scientist will keep you asking questions like---

By any chance do you know the answer to my question, did Jesus(pbuh) ever state himself that he was the son of God? If he did where can I find it in the bible?
You have asked this question in another thread and I will try and give you an answer here, I believe the other thread is becoming a trifle heated.

I fully believe that God exists, but this is only my belief; I have never found anyone who could prove beyond a doubt to an atheist that God exists. There have been several long threads on this forum that have tried and failed.

I fully believe that Jesus is Devine and one with God, he is the Son of God, these are my sincere beliefs from the way I interpret the Bible and how the Catholic Church teaches faith. But I have to keep using that word ‘belief’ there is no proof. Faith is all about putting your trust in what you believe despite all the conflict from other sources. Not very scientific !!

Allah chooses whom he wills, and we have the same message in Christianity; but it seems that he chooses whom he will in different ways.

The choice is yours if you are to seek a faith freely and willingly you need to choose a path. If you feel drawn towards Islam then you must sincerely seek the answers through Islam. We each seem on a journey that we need to follow with love for God and our neighbours who ever they may be. You seem to be doing this so well in Egypt. I think faith in God is reflected more by our actions then what we believe.

In a way I feel it would not be right to pick out individual passages in the Bible about Jesus that I know would be in conflict with your beliefs. I have a great respect for other religions even though I do not agree with their beliefs about God. I also seem to learn a lot about the message in Christianity from a different angle when I talk with people of other faiths.

Despite all our differences the same God hears all our prayers, we are somehow all brothers and sisters created by the same God

I may not have given you the answer you want but feel you need to follow the path that you are being led.

In the spirit of searching for answers

Eric

syilla
03-30-2007, 07:23 AM
:salamext:

I'm having a bad fever for a few days now....and i avoid any kind of medicine unless its herbal :X (my mom is nagging me all the time to eat the medicine)...and i can't do anything that needs alot of my concentration :-[ (well...maybe is not that i can't, just i don't want to).

Furthermore I'm having a very painful bad rashes. On top of that...i'm still going to work. :omg:

Last weekend, i felt down outside the bathroom....and knocked my head hard. My mendula oblongata (well...not really) is still swollen till today. The burning sensation is still there...

Want me to go to see the doctor???
Let me think about it. :phew

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.