PDA

View Full Version : Are you popular cool or a nerd in your school-post answer and vote



Yanal
03-30-2007, 03:05 AM
Asalam alkum warkmatulah wabrkatuh my brothers and sisters...I would like to know if you are ppopular cool or a nerd at your school vote and post your answer peace:w:
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
03-30-2007, 03:08 AM
Asalam alkum warkmatulah wabrkatuh my brothers and sisters... I am popular and cool just becuz i am funny lol peace:w:
Reply

ژاله
03-30-2007, 03:30 AM
i used to be a bit cool at school and and popular too
but now in college, i am neither popular nor cool,just a nerd lol!:D
Reply

Yanal
03-30-2007, 04:29 AM
Asalam alkum warkmatulah wabrkatuh my brothers and sisters.. oh i see peace:w:
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Malaikah
03-30-2007, 08:51 AM
:sl:

Define nerd? And cool? :? Can't a person be all three??

Not that I was.:p
Reply

syilla
03-30-2007, 08:56 AM
:salamext:

i'm none of the above. Is there another option for me to vote?
Reply

The Ruler
03-30-2007, 11:56 AM
:sl:

popular: know loads of peeps...and they know me

cool: as in cool

nerd: all subjects: set 1 Alhamdulillah.

so what shall i vote for?

:w:
Reply

Woodrow
03-31-2007, 05:00 AM
When I was in school I got to be real popular by being the coolest nerd.
Reply

Muezzin
03-31-2007, 02:43 PM
I was too stupid to be a nerd, didn't have enough friends (i.e. the entire school) to be considered 'popular', and didn't wear particularly sporty or 'skatey' clothing to be considered 'cool'.

Now I'm just a quiet wisecracking dark horse. Hmm...
Reply

England
03-31-2007, 03:01 PM
I was average. I wasn't a nerd. I had alot of friends but I also had enemies. Just average.
Reply

youngsister
03-31-2007, 03:19 PM
:sl: Mmm popular I guess:), cool? Dont really think so.:?
Nerd? Lets just say 5 years at my school I never even entered the library once enough said:X
:w:
Reply

afriend
03-31-2007, 03:20 PM
:sl:

Can I be all of them? :p

:w:
Reply

Angel
03-31-2007, 04:15 PM
hehe im kinda of both popular n cool bt i wish i was a nerd lol at least den i wud b reli clevr very clevr lol:statisfie nt dat im dump juz den i wudn strukle wit my examzz lol
Reply

Yanal
03-31-2007, 04:45 PM
Asalam alkum warkmatulah wabrkatuh my brothers and sisters yes if i don't have the answer uop there and if you were more than one than certainly you can post it and say it peace :w:
Reply

Yanal
03-31-2007, 04:49 PM
you can vote for all three i accidently picked one answer per person when i do a another vote i will make it multichose ok but if u r more than one post it :w:
Reply

Yanal
03-31-2007, 04:50 PM
you can vote for all three i accidently picked one answer per person when i do a another vote i will make it multichose ok but if u r more than one post it :w: good luck for voting:thumbs_up
Reply

Al-Zaara
03-31-2007, 05:04 PM
:sl:

What should I say? I don't have the entire school as friends to be considered "popular", nor am I a nerd who gets straight As all the time... How to define cool? I'm beyond it. :shade:

Hmm... I think I'm just the Muslimah. The only one. :p Alhamdulillah, my fave label.
Reply

M2A^AKIB^
03-31-2007, 09:17 PM
my friends think i am cool. they never call me a nerd, but they only say i am smart because i am Asian...
never thought of being popular, don't wanna be either...
cuz if u mess up once, everyone will know about it...

so which one do i vote??!
Reply

Uthman
03-31-2007, 09:24 PM
:sl:

I would say that I am 'popular' as I am mates with a lot of the 'cool' people as well as mates with some of the not-so-popular people. I am not going to describe myself as 'cool' as that would be immodest and besides, I don't think that is for me to judge.

I consider someone who is clever as cool. I know a lot of popular people who are actually really clever and get good grades.


This is confusing.

:w:
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
03-31-2007, 09:30 PM
hmm... :p




and i got plenty more where that came from :shade:
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
03-31-2007, 09:40 PM
popular n cool :$:$ lol
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
03-31-2007, 09:45 PM
i jus wanted to add,

most people who think their cool i reeeaaally find fresh, lol seriously but those bearded dudes who stick to the sunnah like glue, wallahi they are the COOLEST :D and subhanAllah they show soooo much love!!!



I'd just like to remind the brothers n sisters that a sign of the day of judgement is that those who disobey Allah will seem cool to the eyes of the people!


but lol thats not happening, all them actors n singers seem so dumb and fresh to me so i guess that sign isnt quite apparent.

Alhamdulillah :D
Reply

Woodrow
03-31-2007, 11:07 PM
Each of those traits is only as desirable or as undesirable as the person who is labeling you as such. To be labeled any of them by some people I would be highly honored while if I were labeled so by some other people, I would hang my head in great shame.




It is all a matter of perspective and what we have done to deserve the label and who did we earn it from.

If I am considered popular by my peers, would the popularity carry the same meaning if my peers were respected scholars or if my peers were knights of the KKK?
Reply

Al-Zaara
04-01-2007, 07:04 AM
MashaAllah, I definitely agree with what uncle Woodrow said above.
Reply

SirZubair
04-01-2007, 07:22 AM
I was the class comedian.

i prefer the word 'comedian' over 'clown'.
Reply

Malaikah
04-01-2007, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
I'd just like to remind the brothers n sisters that a sign of the day of judgement is that those who disobey Allah will seem cool to the eyes of the people!
:sl:

So true... at my old high school the most 'cool' and popular kids were the ones who had the most girlfriends/boyfriends, or had the most people crushing on them, or where the most flirtatious, or most fashionable or whatever... :rollseyes And this was a Muslim school!!!

Alhamdullilah, I was never 'cool' or 'popular' in that respect! Although someone did call me cool once:statisfie , though I think she meant it as 'easy going'...
Reply

The Ruler
04-01-2007, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by SirZubair
I was the class comedian.

i prefer the word 'comedian' over 'clown'.
that's because if you're called the class 'clown', everyone would know that people laughed at you :mmokay:

:w:
Reply

ummAbdillah
04-01-2007, 11:00 AM
salaam
i am only cool and popular with my circle of freinds,
i don't know i'm viewed by the rest.
did you know that the nireds are the best behaved kids as they have no one to chat to. the coolest are often the troublesome ones
lol
wa salaam
Reply

Periwinkle18
04-01-2007, 11:03 AM
im popular because im in the throw ball team
Reply

SirZubair
04-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by +*Rooh*+
that's because if you're called the class 'clown', everyone would know that people laughed at you :mmokay:

:w:
Erm... people laugh at comedians too :D :rollseyes go away you pansy... :D :D
Reply

SirZubair
04-01-2007, 11:07 AM
I was popular because i got suspended from the school once, and got expelled once, but they took me back because i had connections :D Ahhhh the good old days...
Reply

Malaikah
04-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by sister-aisha
did you know that the nireds are the best behaved kids as they have no one to chat to. the coolest are often the troublesome ones
lol
:sl:

Hey, many would consider me a nerd:offended: ... I had heaps of friends!
Reply

The Ruler
04-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by SirZubair
Erm... people laugh at comedians too :D :rollseyes go away you pansy... :D :D
pansy?...*ahem*...there's a difference between laughing at someone and laughing with someone. :D :rollseyes

:w:
Reply

Miss_sara
04-01-2007, 04:19 PM
I think popular in school because i was a bit mouthy. Now i think im a nerd i prefer to stay in the background and just study. Nerds are cool. :D
Reply

SophiaCroft
04-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Well ... I'm all of them but in moderation. ^_^
Reply

Malaikah
04-02-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by Miss_sara
I think popular in school because i was a bit mouthy. Now i think im a nerd i prefer to stay in the background and just study. Nerds are cool. :D
:sl:

:D :D :D Nerds rock. :thumbs_up :shade: :coolious:
Reply

Hashim_507
04-02-2007, 09:28 AM
I was the genious in my school; always getting A's. Oh i participate many sports like football,basketball,soccer and hockey. I was very popular and respected. Therefore i am good boxer and fighter. I join a boxing leagues and kick boxing. Oh yeah it was my favorite sport; i am the best boxer in my school. The bullies in my school dont mess with me; they became friendly with me since they lost fights.
Reply

ummAbdillah
04-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Malaikah
:sl:

Hey, many would consider me a nerd:offended: ... I had heaps of friends!
salaam sowwiii if i made u feel bad sis, :-[
who said that nerds can't be cool??
lol
wa salaam :D
Reply

aamirsaab
04-02-2007, 04:07 PM
The 'freak' option is missing. Until then, I will not vote.
Reply

snakelegs
04-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by aamirsaab
The 'freak' option is missing. Until then, I will not vote.
i want a "creep" option! i was such an outsider i didn't even qualify for any of the above! :D
Reply

Muezzin
04-02-2007, 09:51 PM
^Conan was an outsider.

He was also a barbarian, but that's what made him cool.

Gah, I categorised him!

Sooo... 8 people who post regularly on Internet Forums reckon they were 'popular'....
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
04-02-2007, 09:57 PM
^ muezzins da coolest :D

*realises his got "Punjabi webslingers rock" in his siggy*


you fat geek :p :p :p



JK!
Reply

Muezzin
04-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
you fat geek :p :p :p
APRIL FOOLS!

Oh wait, crap.
Reply

Pk_#2
04-02-2007, 10:38 PM
:o ^^

Alhamdhulillah! at the amount of geeks...

Man i'm too tiny to be noticed, but i'm tempted to click 'popular'

ahh *dissapears*

Peace!...
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-02-2007, 10:42 PM
Hmm well i neva attributed any of those words to maself...:X i wasnt popular cuz i wasnt like other people, u know hanging wit guys or girls...had a few friends. was quiet, cept round my friends. focused more on school then popularity. But I did talk to people who were "popular." Basically jus well acquainted...i did have enemies, dunno how. i didnt even know those ppl lol but then those people ended up bein nice to me? wasnt a complete nerd but wasnt stupid either lol. wasnt on any sport team cuz yea i cant wear shorts...but i was better than a lot of the girls on teams :X so yea umm, dunno wat to pick...lol.
Reply

Indigo
04-02-2007, 11:31 PM
In school, people were afraid of me...I only got in one fight, but he started it!...Yes, I won!....So, I wasn't popular cool, or a nerd...
Reply

Khadijah79
04-04-2007, 09:24 AM
:sl:

I think popular in school because i was mouthy.

And I used to be the bullies bully I used to stick up for the people who got picked on because they were different...

Now i think im a nerd i prefer to stay in the background.....

But if any-one needed help I would step in.

:w:
Reply

Yanal
08-23-2007, 12:34 AM
I am not popular or cool or a nerd just a blabber mouth i havea few emenies making fun of my last name and almost everything i do like to send articles about islam and hell they call me mr priest and since my last name funny making fun of that i get normal grades but inshaAllah in grade 7 in a month or so i will go in grade 7 and i willl study hard so i can get awards from the graduating cermony my parents look up for me on that:thumbs_up :)
Reply

Intisar
08-23-2007, 12:44 AM
:sl: I'm definitely not a nerd, school has always been a struggle for me. People are always under the impression that I am 'smart', when in fact I am only articulate --there's a big difference lol. Anyways, I would describe myself as cool in school. Cool meaning not everyone knows me, but I'm a good person in everyone's book. Very outspoken too lol. :D
Reply

Yanal
08-23-2007, 12:48 AM
some people call me the blabber mouth so they don't trust me because i get in trouble if i speak too much cuz i do not raise my hand and speak when teacher saying something so thats why and i wanna be trust ful and i had some hyprocrite signs b4 like i sweared to god and promised someone but i didn't give him 20dollars but i want to become like prophet muhammad(pbuh) called the honest how can i become like him in front of other people
Reply

Intisar
08-23-2007, 01:00 AM
Masha'allah bro, just surround your self with good pious Muslims. They'll influence you into becoming a better Muslim.
Reply

Yanal
08-23-2007, 01:02 AM
JazakALLAH Khar
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
08-23-2007, 08:51 AM
^ may Allah help you become the most pious my lil bro :D
Reply

soldierette
08-23-2007, 04:51 PM
I was popular because i was a cool nerd, not many people can pull that off :coolious:
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
08-23-2007, 05:28 PM
^ i disagree, a quarter of my yeargroup were coolnerds, it was like a trend lol
Reply

soldierette
08-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ i disagree, a quarter of my yeargroup were coolnerds, it was like a trend lol
pshhh whatever, i'm one of a kind dude :shade:
Reply

Ashley
12-14-2007, 12:05 PM
i was so popular and very cool before i became muslim. i used to do alot of cool things that people thought was cool. like going out with guys flirting and being rude to my teachers.
i used to know every one in my school and people used to know me
i was Ashley the party girl and wild. no one used to be mean to me or anything. i was like the top in the schoool.
anywz im just average now and i like it. when u r popular people know everything about u, n all they want to now is what boys u hoooked up with and what clothes ur going to shop for.
being popular is hard believ me u hav to be careful. n u have to make sure u dont mess cause if u do , ur down the hill
i like being average now, people still know me n all but they dont treat me the same as before. they r cool with me n friendly but i try to keep my distance. that was my old life
this is my new life i love being a muslim
i find people who r sheik:? is dat how you spell lol. i find them cool and popular.
after all they r spreding the religion, and they are not scared to show who they r or shamed of being muslims. they r the coolest...
i want to be just like them:statisfie
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 03:44 AM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 07:41 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2008, 09:46 PM
  4. Replies: 60
    Last Post: 04-14-2007, 05:25 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 02:24 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!