/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Poll About "ban On Face Veil", please vote No

atha
03-30-2007, 05:03 AM
Assalam-u-alaikum

Kindly vote No to the poll "should face veil be banned in schools?"

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/6466221.stm

I believe women are free to choose to dress as they wish inshaallah. If a woman feels she is more closer to Allah by covering her face, then inshaAllah, it should be ok. Furthermore, the spirit of multiculturism in Canada will be affected negatively if the niqab is banned in schools.

Jazakallah Khair
Take care
assalam-u-alaikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jzcasejz
04-02-2007, 11:44 AM
^^ SubhanAllah, Before When I Voted...I Was Sad To See The Majority Were In Favour For Banning...But Now The Results Have Changed! :D

Make Sure To Vote Everyone!

Pk_#2
04-02-2007, 12:41 PM
AsalamuALaykum Warahmatullahi Wabaraktuh,

Yes

31.75%
No

66.39%
Not sure

1.86%

:)

:D

AvarAllahNoor
04-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Freedom to wear what you want, yet in certain places should not be alowed. Banks etc etc

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Ruler
04-02-2007, 02:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Freedom to wear what you want, yet in certain places should not be alowed.
allowed...and why not?

:w:

- Qatada -
04-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Freedom to wear what you want, yet in certain places should not be alowed. Banks etc etc

Theres no problem if some woman working at the bank sees her face to verify that its really her. So it should be alright to wear in the bank, even if women do see her face. The guys dont have to.

AvarAllahNoor
04-02-2007, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Theres no problem if some woman working at the bank sees her face to verify that its really her. So it should be alright to wear in the bank, even if women do see her face. The guys dont have to.
I mean entering a bank. Those that work there are of no issue:)

Woodrow
04-02-2007, 02:40 PM
It is possible that there are some jobs where it is essential for everybody to be able to see the persons face. However, I believe those are dwindling. Although the reason given is the need for posititve identification of the person. But, there are more accurate means of positive identification then seeing the face. Seeing the face may be a fast and easy means of identification, but I would not call it absolute. My two daughters when they were in school looked identical. My youngest one would use her sisters name every time she got in trouble. My oldest daughter was the one who got all of the punishments. Now there was "Posisitive" identification based on people seeing my youngest daughters face. But, it was not who they thought.

We didn't find out about that until long after they had finished school and my youngest finally told what she had done.

So seeing a person's face is no guarantee of positive ID.

The Ruler
04-02-2007, 02:42 PM
hmm...that's quite a stupid reason...my mum enters the bank a lot the time...and with her niqaab on ofcourse...but she doesnt get any 'weird' looks :?

AvarAllahNoor
04-02-2007, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Rooh*+
hmm...that's quite a stupid reason...my mum enters the bank a lot the time...and with her niqaab on ofcourse...but she doesnt get any 'weird' looks :?

Not about ''weird' looks'' it's about who may be beneath it...a man incognito (bank robber)

Woodrow
04-02-2007, 02:45 PM
OOPs I was typing as you where posting. I can see that point. I veiled woman entering a bank, does not necessarily mean it is a veiled woman or even Muslim. The possibility is it could be a disguise and if the person is entering for the purpose of robbing the bank, I doubt if they would present any valid identification.

I'm going to have to think on that.

AvarAllahNoor
04-02-2007, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

So seeing a person's face is no guarantee of positive ID.
It is at an airport...bus...:D

Woodrow
04-02-2007, 03:01 PM
It is at an airport...bus...:D
I am so slow today i feel like that by the time I submit a reply so many posts have gone by, I'm no longer on the same thread. I think today I better stick to inactive threads. I may keep up with them

AvarAllahNoor
04-02-2007, 03:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I am so slow today i feel like that by the time I submit a reply so many posts have gone by, I'm no longer on the same thread. I think today I better stick to inactive threads. I may keep up with them
Haha - Get some caffeine in ya dude...

- Qatada -
04-02-2007, 03:05 PM

That's what i meant - when a muslim woman walks in with the niqaab, she can show her face to a woman working in the bank. :) And the guys don't have to stare.

ummAbdillah
04-02-2007, 04:04 PM
salaam
why are people so fussy about what muslim women wear and yet it seems
perfectly normal for other women to walk around in their mini skirts...
women should be given the choice of what to wear
wa salaam
:)

The Ruler
04-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Not about ''weird' looks'' it's about who may be beneath it...a man incognito (bank robber)
well..that'he point...if you are a man 'incognito', you'd get weird looks wouldnt you think?...suspicious looks to be precise.

AvarAllahNoor
04-02-2007, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Rooh*+
well..that'he point...if you are a man 'incognito', you'd get weird looks wouldnt you think?...suspicious looks to be precise.

And you can tell if it's a man or a woman under a burkha/niqaab can you?

Talha777
04-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Sikhs should not be allowed to carry their kirpans in the bank, or for that matter in any public place, except their homes and their temples.

AvarAllahNoor
04-02-2007, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Talha777
Sikhs should not be allowed to carry their kirpans in the bank, or for that matter in any public place, except their homes and their temples.
Yes they obstruct the face don't they... :rollseyes

BTW- Never has a case been where a Sikh has used his/her Kirpan for any purpose...plus you have to be in a higher state of mind to wear one. Something you'd know zilch about...

Try to stop it if you can!!

Talha777
04-03-2007, 12:12 PM
On the contrary, if there is ever a community that should not be allowed to carry daggers in public, it is the Sikhs. History has proven that they are uncivilized barbarians who have an unquenching thirst for Muslim blood.

- Qatada -
04-03-2007, 12:14 PM
:salamext:

Listen, lets not argue please. This is someone elses thread.

Malaikah
04-03-2007, 12:16 PM
BTW- Never has a case been where a Sikh has used his/her Kirpan for any purpose...plus you have to be in a higher state of mind to wear one. Something you'd know zilch about...
And has their ever been a case of a person wearing a niqaab in order to rob a bank?:rollseyes

Muezzin
04-03-2007, 12:18 PM
What's the point of banning something that only a minority within a minority wear?

Let's ban 'Vote for Pedro' t-shirts next.

Woodrow
04-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Unrealistic fears bring about unrealistic laws. The best way to remove unrealistic fears is to refrain from acting in any manner that supports the unrealistic fear.

Let us face facts.

Non-Muslims do not understand Muslims.

Because of the lack of understandings there are fears.

Once fears become rooted in thought, stereotypes develop to support the stereotypes.

Our best path is to show people they have no need to fear Muslims and we can do that by following Islam.

We do have to acknowledge we do have some brothers and sisters who see the fear of Muslims as a strength and they enjoy promoting that. We need to educate those who think like that. We all need to see that to instill needless fear in others is a weakness and not a strength.

Once we remove the reason for others to fear us, we will see a reduction in unrealistic laws.

This does not mean we should not be vocal about standing up for what is right, but we need to learn to use the right methods to support what is right.

cali dude
04-03-2007, 04:58 PM
I think Mr. Woodrow is right, Westerners don't know Easterners. Apparently, they don't even know the difference between Muslims and Sikhs and in France, they have banned Sikhs from wearing turban wherever burka or hijab is banned. Sometimes, they do this to be fair to all. But some times they do it out of ignorance. It's like that idiot in Arizona who killed a Sikh thinking he was Muslim.

Now is there any safety precautions behind banning veils in schools? If so, then the school authorities need to explain this and then see how this can be resolved.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Alhamdulillah, perhaps we can establish all muslims schools for ladies, i think its really necessary inshaAllah

we already have some but is it enough?

Woodrow
04-03-2007, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
Alhamdulillah, perhaps we can establish all muslims schools for ladies, i think its really necessary inshaAllah

we already have some but is it enough?
That is really the best way. If we want our young people to grow up and fit fully into the secular world, then by all means send them to the secular schools. But, if choose to send them to secular schools, we have no right to grieve because they have to follow secular rules.

The only solution for having children educated with high Iman is to do our best to send them to Muslim Schools. Those of us without children need to contribute to support those schools. Yes, it will cost us money, but the alternative will cost us more.

Other religions take that route and if they can do it so can we. Look at the Jewish population. It is rare for the Jewish children to attend the Public Schools and they in turn get a better education. They are better educated then most Western children, not because the Western governments favor them, but because their family puts their priorities in the order they choose and not in the order the government chooses.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-03-2007, 07:53 PM
:sl:

Let end of this nonsense, because all of us are human beings by Allah Tal'ala's creation..this make me sad! Let us to feel more peace...O Allah! Grant us good in this world and in the Hereafter and save us from torment of the Hell Fire! Ameen.

Sister of Islam

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Done! :D

England
04-03-2007, 09:25 PM
I voted yes. I'm against it as a whole.

Khadijah79
04-03-2007, 09:48 PM
And you can tell if it's a man or a woman under a burkha/niqaab can you?

I wear a burka and I'm very sure that people can tell if your a woman wearing one... by your voice. and the way a woman holds her body......

And if for security reason's a female member of staff will take you into a private room, so the woman can show her face....

And I have never seen a male wearing a burka as it is not meant for them :rollseyes

Khadijah79
04-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Oh I forgot I voted NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D :D :D

FatimaAsSideqah
04-03-2007, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khadijah79
Oh I forgot I voted NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D :D :D

Same as me, of course!! Allah forbids if we vote yes!! :enough!: May Allah saves us from whispered of Satan!

Sister of Islam

Khadijah79
04-03-2007, 10:04 PM
VOTE RESULTS
Should the veil be banned in schools?
Yes
30.14%
No
68.07%
Not sure
1.79%
33742 Votes Cast
Results are indicative and may not reflect public opinion

:D maybe the government should see this topic

I'm so shocked a piece of 7 by 7 material can cause such problem

It was no problem until Jack John Whitaker Straw made it into a big deal.....:raging: :raging: :raging:

FatimaAsSideqah
04-03-2007, 10:08 PM
VOTE RESULTS
Yes
30.14%
No
68.07%
Not sure
1.79%
33742 Votes Cast

:D maybe the government should see this topic

I'm so shocked a piece of 7 by 7 material can cause such problem

It was no problem until Jack John Whitaker Straw made it into a big deal.....:raging: :raging: :raging:
Thankfully, Jack Straw is quited from the Government!! :raging:

England
04-03-2007, 10:10 PM
I wouldn't pay too much attention to that poll. I know the government won't. There's a poll from the BBC site http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/61...N#vote_6193865

54.61% feel the veil should be banned completely. Only 19.05% says it shouldn't....

11205 Votes Cast

As it says underneath both polls...

"Results are indicative and may not reflect public opinion"

Muezzin
04-03-2007, 10:13 PM
The Government will act upon polls when it suits them.

Oh, the other day I saw a teenage girl in a porcelain mask with her friends. I didn't automatically conclude she was a potential criminal because of her face covering. In fact I found it quite amusing. Those crazy punks...

Supporting a total ban is tantamount to limiting freedom of expression, by the way.

And because someone is bound to mention the cartoon stuff, my stance is, say what you want, I like free speech, but aggro is par for the course with controversy.

Malaikah
04-04-2007, 07:38 AM
I wear a burka and I'm very sure that people can tell if your a woman wearing one... by your voice. and the way a woman holds her body......

Thanks you for pointing that out... it is so obvious but some people choose to ignore it for some reason... not to mention ALL niqaabis I have ever seen in my area wear niqaab with their eyes showing, and it doesn't take a genius to be able to tell the difference between male and female eyes.

Camomilla
04-04-2007, 07:48 AM
Interesting post!

north_malaysian
04-04-2007, 08:40 AM
I've voted

Right now its:

Yes - 29.89%
No - 68.33%
Not Sure - 1.78%

Votes cast - 34,148

Muezzin
04-04-2007, 10:55 AM
Easy way to tell if a male thug is disguised in a veil and burka:

He walks like a gorilla.

Cap the bad boi.

Woodrow
04-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Here in the US several of the States have very old laws that forbid the covering of the face with masks, cloth or any material with some exceptions.

Louisiana forbids any masks or face covering except for Mardi Gras and that is limited to only certain areas. Also for Halloween, but I believe that is limited to children under the age of 12. some exceptions are made for things like costume parties, religious purposes (ie: wearing a black veil at a funeral or while in mourning) etc. I know that at least some Muslimahs in Louisiana wear the Niqaab, I believe that under state laws it is excluded from the ban.

Here in Texas I am not aware of any ban against it. But, it is possible some counties may ban it. Here in the US each state has it's own laws. Even within a state, counties will have their own laws.

AhlaamBella
04-04-2007, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
I voted yes. I'm against it as a whole.
Any particular reason? Or just because of the propaganda?

Khadijah79
04-04-2007, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Easy way to tell if a male thug is disguised in a veil and burka:

He walks like a gorilla.

Cap the bad boi.

I have to say your comment I laughed very hard at it was soo funny :laugh:

LOL.... He walks like a gorilla..... LOL :haha:

Woodrow
04-04-2007, 04:36 PM
VOTE RESULTS
Yes
29.58%
No
68.65%
Not sure
1.77%
34570 Votes Cast

England
04-04-2007, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DeepOcean
Any particular reason? Or just because of the propaganda?
I just don't like it. It's a backwards thing. I don't like people wearing their hoodies up either. They cause too many problems. If someone started speaking to me with their face covered I'd burst out laughing, no offence.

جوري
04-04-2007, 06:14 PM
I just don't like it. It's a backwards thing. I don't like people wearing their hoodies up either. They cause too many problems. If someone started speaking to me with their face covered I'd burst out laughing, no offence.
I feel the same way about people who parade in their Speedos and tiny shorts in the summer time... I think it is primitive-- a backwards thing very much uncultured and uncivilized almost unsuitable to be fit for human conversation ( I feel they belong in the jungle with other animals)-- and I'd also burst out laughing if I saw someone sporting one and walking around that way..... I think they should ban it... seeing the blubber of other people offends me and makes me wanna gouge my eyes.. Also no offense !

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-04-2007, 06:16 PM
^^It makes more sense to laugh at that then someone who is actually covered and not showing off something u dont wana see...! I wouldnt want to see a fat belly or hairy chest as I'm trying to get somewhere with decency. Backwards indeed.

England
04-04-2007, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
I feel the same way about people who parade in their Speedos and tiny shorts in the summer time... I think it is primitive-- a backwards thing very much uncultured and uncivilized almost unsuitable to be fit for human conversation ( I feel they belong in the jungle with other animals)-- and I'd also burst out laughing if I saw someone sporting one and walking around that way..... I think they should ban it... seeing the blubber of other people offends me and makes me wanna gouge my eyes.. Also no offense !
You have given your opinion and I have given mine :) Although yours was a little exaggerated. Anyhow there's no poll referring to that. It's about the veil so yours isn't worth too much... :D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Its not exaggerated mate...and yes its worth every penny :p

England
04-04-2007, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy
Its not exaggerated mate...and yes its worth every penny :p
It is :) Go on pinch me :D You won't find a bit of fat :giggling: Your opinion is worth every penny lol? Where's the poll asking whether shorts, t-shirt, bikinis should be banned? :)

But anyway you have given your opinion and I have given mine and voted honestly. No hard feelings. :X

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Nope, non here :) We rnt jus talking about you. If i had a dollar for everytime I saw stuff like that, id be so dang rich rite now. What you said could be said the same way by us about some of the nasty things we see. I say, they need to wear the Burka more than i would. Sickening...

جوري
04-04-2007, 06:27 PM
You have given your opinion and I have given mine :) Although yours was a little exaggerated. Anyhow there's no poll referring to that. It's about the veil so yours isn't worth too much... :D
There doesn't need to be a poll!-- to choose to ban one thing is to accept its reverse... which in and of itself means you have become a fanatic about it... which ultimately goes against the so-called principles of the freedom that the west so loves to boast about... Freedom and acceptance means that you are open to those whose views and life styles differ from yours and that their opinion would in fact be worth as much...

England
04-04-2007, 06:33 PM
There doesn't need to be a poll!-- to choose to ban one thing is to accept its reverse... which in and of itself means you have become a fanatic about it... which ultimately goes against the so-called principles of the freedom that the west so loves to boast about... Freedom and acceptance means that you are open to those whose views and life styles differ from yours and that their opinion would in fact be worth as much...
No no you have got me wrong. Everyone here will vouch for me on this. I'm against any non-British culture that is forced upon us. I'm not a left-wing, conservative, liberal. I'm a nationalist.

جوري
04-04-2007, 06:39 PM
No no you have got me wrong. Everyone here will vouch for me on this. I'm against any non-British culture that is forced upon us. I'm not a left-wing, conservative, liberal. I'm a nationalist.
oh my... that makes it all better lol
Your Britain should have thought of these other cultural impositions before it colonized half the world and stole their wealth ( a greedy little island) of whom no country or people were spared; from America to Scotland to Africa and China... this is the under belly if imperialism--Isolationists tend to build huts and live in forests where they can enjoy their private little bubble and form secret militia groups to over throw others of whom they feel unrest! --there is no such thing as a homogenous society... Deal with it!

peace--

England
04-04-2007, 06:48 PM
oh my... that makes it all better lol
Your Britain should have thought of these other cultural impositions before it colonized half the world and stole their wealth ( a greedy little island) of whom no country or people were spared; from America to Scotland to Africa and China... this is the under belly if imperialism--Isolationists tend to build huts and live in forests where they can enjoy their private little bubble and form secret militia groups to over throw others of whom they feel unrest! --there is no such thing as a homogenous society... Deal with it!

peace--
I don't believe in inhereditary guilt :) The world benefited from the British empire but still that was before my time...

جوري
04-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Well then these are the sins of your forefathers! I won't get into the so-called benefits the world enjoyed from your British empire given the scarcity!
peace!

England
04-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Well then these are the sins of your forefathers!

peace!
So? :)

Peace!

جوري
04-04-2007, 07:42 PM
So? :)

Peace!
(So) is an incomplete sentence-- I am not sure what you are driving at? I think said statements are pretty clear and need no further elaboration ...

peace!

England
04-04-2007, 07:44 PM
(So) is an incomplete sentence-- I am not sure what you are driving at? I think said statements are pretty clear and need no further elaboration ...

peace!
It means I don't give a rats arse what "my forefathers" sinned. As I said I don't believe in inhereditary guilt :)

Peace!

You'll have to move back on topic now otherwise this will close...

جوري
04-04-2007, 07:54 PM
It means I don't give a rats arse what "my forefathers" sinned. As I said I don't believe in inhereditary guilt :)
Naturally--

You'll have to move back on topic now otherwise this will close...
this is the very crux of this topic --if it should close otherwise -- then so be it-- I've said my peace ...

Muezzin
04-05-2007, 12:38 AM
Strictly speaking, this topic is about the poll in the first post rather than the history of the British Empire. But I just moderate this place, what would I know? :p

north_malaysian
04-05-2007, 04:39 AM
I just don't like it. It's a backwards thing.
If wearing a niqab is a backward thing, bikinis should be a pre-historic thing then...:blind:

AvarAllahNoor
04-05-2007, 12:49 PM

And if for security reason's a female member of staff will take you into a private room, so the woman can show her face....

And I have never seen a male wearing a burka as it is not meant for them :rollseyes

So you didnt hear of that man who wore one and got out of the country then!

Khadijah79
04-05-2007, 01:17 PM

So you didnt hear of that man who wore one and got out of the country then!

Yes I did.... there security can't be that great then......

That would not happen over here in the UK

And that man did some very bad things...

And on judgement day Allah :arabic2:

Will make judgement on him and he'll make judgement on all of us.....

And he dressed like a woman :hmm: is that haram it's self I believe so

FatimaAsSideqah
04-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Yes I did.... there security can't be that great then......

That would not happen over here in the UK

And that man did some very bad things...

And on judgement day Allah :arabic2:

Will make judgement on him and he'll make judgement on all of us.....

And he dressed like a woman :hmm: is that haram it's self I believe so
:sl: Khadijah Sister of Islam

Part of the fitrah (natural inclinations of mankind) is that men should preserve the masculinity which Allaah has created in them, and women should preserve the femininity which Allaah has created in them. Without this, decent human life becomes impossible. Men resembling women and vice versa is something which goes against man's innate nature (fitrah) and opens the door to corruption and widespread promiscuity. The ruling in sharee'ah is that when it is stated that the person who does a thing is cursed, that thing is haraam. Ibn 'Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Allaah has cursed the men who make themselves look like women and the women who make themselves look like men." (Reported by al-Bukhaari; see al-Fath, 10/332). Ibn 'Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) also reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Allaah has cursed effeminate men and masculine women." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, see al-Fath, 3\10/333).The resemblance may be in the way they move, walk and speak.

Similarly, the two sexes are not permitted to resemble one another in dress or by wearing anything that is specifically for the other sex. So a man is not permitted to wear necklaces, bracelets, anklets or earrings, etc., as is widespread among hippies and the like. Women are not permitted to wear things that are specifically for men, like the thawb (long garment worn by men in Arab countries), shirts, etc.; whatever she wears should be different in style, details and colour. The evidence that the two sexes should not resemble one another in dress is found in the hadeeth narrated by Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him): "Allaah has cursed the man who wears women's clothes and the woman who wear men's clothes." (Reported by Abu Dawud, 4/355; see also Saheeh al-Jaami', 5071).

Sister of Islam

AhlaamBella
04-05-2007, 02:24 PM
None taken, but surely (religion aside) an individual is entitled to wear what he/she wants without worrying what other people might say. No one is asking YOU to wear it.

Khadijah79
04-05-2007, 03:13 PM
RighteousLady sister of Islam....

Jazakullah for that information :D

England
04-05-2007, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
If wearing a niqab is a backward thing, bikinis should be a pre-historic thing then...:blind:
In your own opinion but bikinis aren't being focused on here. Bikinis aren't under threat. Veils are...

Philosopher
04-05-2007, 09:49 PM
In your own opinion but bikinis aren't being focused on here. Bikinis aren't under threat. Veils are...
It's laughable how the greatest colonial power in the world (once) is now vulnerable to a piece of cloth.

Also, bikinis are a threat to Christian morality.

England
04-05-2007, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Philosopher
It's laughable how the greatest colonial power in the world (once) is now vulnerable to a piece of cloth.

Also, bikinis are a threat to Christian morality.
We're not vulnerable we just don't like seeing people wearing it, having to communicate with a cloth. It's just not British. This is Britain, NOT the middle east. I'm not bothered about Christianity. It's not my religion. Most people in this country are secularists...

noodles
04-05-2007, 10:08 PM
We're not vulnerable we just don't like seeing people wearing it, having to communicate with a cloth. It's just not British. This is Britain, NOT the middle east. I'm not bothered about Christianity. It's not my religion. Most people in this country are secularists...
And I hate having to make Eye contact with people, so might as well pluck their eyes out innit?

Philosopher
04-05-2007, 10:15 PM
You are contradicting yourself. In your previous post you claimed that the veil is a "threat."

This is indeed Britain, and laws go by the will of British citizens, Muslim or not. Apparently the Brits have better things to worry about than other people clothings.

Also, it doesn't matter if "most" people in Britain are secularists. There is no separation between state and church in England. You should also verify your assertions. According to the latest (2007) Tearfund survey, 53% of Brits are Christians.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-05-2007, 10:16 PM
I hate having to communicate with indeceny, which is worse +o(

England
04-05-2007, 10:25 PM
You are contradicting yourself. In your previous post you claimed that the veil is a "threat."

This is indeed Britain, and laws go by the will of British citizens, Muslim or not. Apparently the Brits have better things to worry about than other people clothings.

Also, it doesn't matter if "most" people in Britain are secularists. There is no separation between state and church in England. You should also verify your assertions. According to the latest (2007) Tearfund survey, 53% of Brits are Christians.
My real reason is I just don't like it. It's backwards, it's not British. This is Britain, not the middle east. I don't want to see people behind cloths. I like to identify people. I like identify those who steal my pen, my wallet, my mobile phone, stick 2 fingers up at me. I like to identify those who rant their hatred, murder suspects, paedophiliacs etc, etc.

And if you don't like the way we dress then the middle eastern nations will accommodate you.

AvarAllahNoor
04-05-2007, 10:26 PM
England in a bikini?? ewwww!!!

Men and women should dress modestly, isn't that what clothes are for!

Philosopher
04-05-2007, 10:28 PM
^^ Yeah, after they ban the veil, they'll want Sikhs to take off their turbans (for the sake of communication). lol

wilberhum
04-05-2007, 10:28 PM
England in a bikini?? ewwww!!!

Men and women should dress modestly, isn't that what clothes are for!
There is the rub. :skeleton: Modesty is defined by culture. :D

Philosopher
04-05-2007, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
There is the rub. :skeleton: Modesty is defined by culture. :D
No modestly is defined by religion.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-05-2007, 10:35 PM
no modesty is defined by the dictionary!

1. the quality of being modest; freedom from vanity, boastfulness, etc.
2. regard for decency of behavior, speech, dress, etc.
3. simplicity; moderation.

wilberhum
04-05-2007, 10:48 PM
No modestly is defined by religion.
See the post above. There is no mention of religion. :D

AvarAllahNoor
04-05-2007, 10:49 PM
They can try to get us Sikhs to take off our turban. We won't. We are even exempt from wearing a helmet on a bike. Plus we can carry our Kirpan (Ceremonial sword)

Try to stop that and there will be hell to pay!!!!!!!!!

England
04-05-2007, 10:52 PM
They can try to get us Sikhs to take off our turban. We won't. We are even exempt from wearing a helmet on a bike. Plus we can carry our Kirpan (Ceremonial sword)

Not in this country you can't. It is not permitted for anyone to carry a sword...

Uthman
04-05-2007, 10:52 PM

But what if the law in your country forbids you from wearing it?

I'm not saying it should, of course.

Regards

AvarAllahNoor
04-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Not in this country you can't. It is not permitted for anyone to carry a sword...
YOU obviousliy don't know anything about the laws of this country. Sikhs are EXEMPT we are allowed to carry them on our person.

They tried to ban them on planes we campaigned and it was all allowed. They said we couldn't carry them whislt working at the airports in the UK (staff) they had to back down. You can't stop us.
:D :D :D

Philosopher
04-05-2007, 11:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
See the post above. There is no mention of religion. :D
There is no mention of culture either :D

England
04-05-2007, 11:08 PM
YOU obviousliy don't know anything about the laws of this country. Sikhs are EXEMPT we are allowed to carry them on our person.

They tried to ban them on planes we campaigned and it was all allowed. They said we couldn't carry them whislt working at the airports in the UK (staff) they had to back down. You can't stop us.
Nah... I've never seen a sikh with a sword. I've seen people arrested for carrying swords so I pretty much doubt it :)

AvarAllahNoor
04-05-2007, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
But what if the law in your country forbids you from wearing it?

I'm not saying it should, of course.

Regards
You go to to any european country/asian Sikhs are allowed to carry it. I've yet to see anyone prohibited from doing so. :statisfie

AvarAllahNoor
04-05-2007, 11:10 PM
Nah... I've never seen a sikh with a sword. I've seen people arrested for carrying swords so I pretty much doubt it :)
How many baptised Sikhs do you know? Zilch. You probably don't know what one looks like either....

England
04-05-2007, 11:12 PM
How many baptised Sikhs do you know? Zilch. You probably don't know what one looks like either....
Nah... and I don't care :statisfie

AvarAllahNoor
04-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Nah... and I don't care :statisfie
Well don't comment on something you have NO clue about duh! :rollseyes

noodles
04-05-2007, 11:34 PM
My real reason is I just don't like it. It's backwards, it's not British. This is Britain, not the middle east. I don't want to see people behind cloths. I like to identify people. I like identify those who steal my pen, my wallet, my mobile phone, stick 2 fingers up at me. I like to identify those who rant their hatred, murder suspects, paedophiliacs etc, etc.

And if you don't like the way we dress then the middle eastern nations will accommodate you.
Well my question to you now is that If I stole a pen from you and to get away with it, I used a wig to disguise myself. Would you still use the same argument? How about if I use make-up to disguise myself? Are you saying every single British citizen should be prohibited from putting on cosmetics?

Your arguments are very silly, in most cases, if a person steals something from you, you'd have no idea who they'd be, better yet even how they look like.

Nah... I've never seen a sikh with a sword. I've seen people arrested for carrying swords so I pretty much doubt it
Similarly, I can say that I've never seen people who smoke marijuana (spelling?), yet I've seen people who got arrested for smoking it.

If you don't know the laws of your own country then I suggest you do some research. It's no use being in denial.

Khadijah79
04-06-2007, 12:23 AM

They tried to ban them on planes we campaigned and it was all allowed. They said we couldn't carry them whilst working at the airports in the UK (staff) they had to back down. You can't stop us.
Eh what? Let me see if I got this right.....

Sikhs ARE ALLOWED TO CARRY A SWORD!!

But they kick up marry hell {pardon the pun} because a small minority of muslim woman wear nikabs/Burks!!!

The UK law is an a$$

But if we carried a sword our feet would not touch the ground......

Anyone else would be arrested!!!

{ so what would happen if one of your fellow Sikhs used his sword as a weapon? would that mean none of you WOULD be allowed to carry your sword? }

Uthman
04-06-2007, 12:37 AM
You go to to any european country/asian Sikhs are allowed to carry it. I've yet to see anyone prohibited from doing so. :statisfie

Yeah, I've got that. But what if the country prohibited it? Would you obey this law? I''m referring to the turban as well.

north_malaysian
04-06-2007, 04:02 AM
I like to identify people. I like identify those who steal my pen, my wallet, my mobile phone, stick 2 fingers up at me. I like to identify those who rant their hatred, murder suspects, paedophiliacs etc, etc.
So you dont go to fancy dress parties or halloween as many people wear masks....

You also dont do scuba diving/snorkelling too... as you dont want to communicate with your diving instructor

You also would be the only person not wearing any mask during Bird Flu/Sars epidamics....

And you would never have a surgery too as you can't fully identify the surgeons....

:okay:

AhlaamBella
04-06-2007, 11:06 AM
I can understand why many non-muslims don't like the viel, but that is only because they know very little about the REASONS why our sisters wear them.

AvarAllahNoor
04-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Eh what? Let me see if I got this right.....

Sikhs ARE ALLOWED TO CARRY A SWORD!!

But they kick up marry hell {pardon the pun} because a small minority of muslim woman wear nikabs/Burks!!!

The UK law is an a$$

But if we carried a sword our feet would not touch the ground......

Anyone else would be arrested!!!

{ so what would happen if one of your fellow Sikhs used his sword as a weapon? would that mean none of you WOULD be allowed to carry your sword? }
Well it's the way it goes. never been an incident where a Sikh has attacked anyone.

As for banning, well it won't occur.

AvarAllahNoor
04-06-2007, 11:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
Yeah, I've got that. But what if the country prohibited it? Would you obey this law? I''m referring to the turban as well.
They can't ban it. In france they banned the viel. but they forgot Sikhs as not many there It's been allowed now though

AhlaamBella
04-06-2007, 11:15 AM
They can't ban it.
Why not?

AvarAllahNoor
04-06-2007, 11:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DeepOcean
Why not?
Sikhs are peaceful until crossed. We have a strong history with the British

Al-Hanbali
04-06-2007, 11:20 AM
:salamext:

Sikhs are allowed to carry a sword...a SWORD...

...but for some reason people find a piece of cloth more threatining.....yh what a joke

AhlaamBella
04-06-2007, 11:21 AM
I see. Muslims are seen as a threat because a few so-called muslims committed an act of violence. That makes perfect sense. Lets judge all muslims without knowledge! *rolls eyes*

AvarAllahNoor
04-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Hey people don't get irate because we can and you can't. - Blame the system not Sikhs!

Campaign hard

ummAbdillah
04-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Well it's the way it goes. never been an incident where a Sikh has attacked anyone.

As for banning, well it won't occur.
salaam
so you mean all Sikhs are perfect law abiding people? And not one of them has ever attacked anyone...? surely there are criminals in every community..??
wa salaam

AhlaamBella
04-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Who said I was blaming the sikhs? Besides those who know me are very well aware of how I blame the system for everything lol

AvarAllahNoor
04-06-2007, 11:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister-aisha
salaam
so you mean all Sikhs are perfect law abiding people? And not one of them has ever attacked anyone...? surely there are criminals in every community..??
wa salaam
Two kinds of Sikhs - practicing and non-practicing

If you're baptised (have taken the Nectar of the Double Edged sword) then you're a Khalsa (Pure) and that person will have uncut hair refrain from eating meat. Drinking alcohol and smoking.

You have to be in a higher state of mind. to Wear the Kirpan (Sword)

Not any tom dick or harry can wear one. and as I say, you have to fit the above criteria. So, don't think a Sikh with uncut hair can carry one. That is sacrilege

AhlaamBella
04-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Two kinds of Sikhs - practicing and non-practicing
EXACTLY the same with muslims as it happens.

One Man Army
04-09-2007, 01:43 PM
i always fout niquab wasnt compulsory in islaam? well thats what this websites taught me

FatimaAsSideqah
04-09-2007, 01:45 PM

It surprised me because this thread still going on!! It seems off-topic..we should only talk about niqabs..not about sikhs!

goldberg
04-09-2007, 01:48 PM
salam voted NO, results so far:

Yes
27.60%
No
70.67%
Not sure
1.74%
37545 Votes Cast

Malaikah
04-09-2007, 02:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ultimate truth
i always fout niquab wasnt compulsory in islaam? well thats what this websites taught me
Actually, the majority of scholars consider it to be compulsory, though a significant amount consider it to be voluntary.

One Man Army
04-09-2007, 02:10 PM
is there evidence from scriptures that niquab must be worn?

Talha777
04-10-2007, 12:24 AM
There are guidelines in the Scripture for modest dress, of which the niqab is designed to address. According to the Holy Quran, the woman should draw her veil up above and over her head, therefore covering her face.

O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft- Forgiving, Most Merciful. (33:59)

So it doesnt exactly have to be niqab, it can be like the famous Afghan style blue burqa with the net over the eyes.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.