/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Serious Muslim Sister in need of help?

AnonymousPoster
03-30-2007, 08:13 AM
:sl: :cry: I am a muslim sister in need of serious help! I don't trust many people in my life including my husband,and family members. I am on the brink of breaking down seriously. I feel disgusted with myself and do not receice much encouragement from my husband. I'd like to believe i'm young at heart and would like to be happy. I have constant cravings and urges to smoke cigarettes and consume alcohol. RELAX! I do have a sense of fearing Allah but it's not merely enough in my case. I haven't enforced these acts, but I realise I need help before it spirals out of control, I do have children to think about and at the moment is the only strenghth keeping me from pursuing these saitanic acts. I feel disgusted in myself and have turned to food as comfort. Now whenever I look at the stuff it just makes me want to vomit please help?

sincere muslim sister:cry: :w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Maimunah
03-30-2007, 08:26 AM
:sl:

sis i understand but isn't Allah ur Rab, who created u, gave u a husband and children, made u a muslimah, sent u a book and a guidence. why dont u pray to Allah, inshaAllah He will respond to u.
"And your Lord says: "Call on Me; I will answer your (Prayer): but those who are too arrogant to serve Me will surely find themselves in Hell - in humiliation!" suraa 40

"O ye who believe! seek help with patient perseverance and prayer; for Allah is with those who patiently persevere." sura 2

For anxiety and sorrorw, keep repeating this duaa as the prophet sallalhu aleyhi wasalaam used to do

Oh Allah, I take refuge in you from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being overpowered by men.

"Then do ye remember Me; I will remember you. Be grateful to Me, and reject not Faith."

Read the quraan and the seerah of prophet mohamed sallalhu alehi wasalaam alot, inshaAllah u will find answers. if u can pray qiyam layl (night prayer) and make alot of duaa at the time. Allah has said "..Who listens to the (soul) distressed when it calls on Him, and Who relieves its suffering, and makes you (mankind) inheritors of the earth? (Can there be another) god besides Allah. Little it is that ye heed!" suraa 27

make alot of duaa sis and have sabr, surelly Allah is testing u and dont follow the whispers of shaytaan for he is ur enemy
" men! Certainly the promise of Allah is true. Let not then this present life deceive you, nor let the Chief Deceiver deceive you about Allah. Verily Satan is an enemy to you: so treat him as an enemy. He only invites his adherents, that they may become Companions of the Blazing Fire" suraa 35

:w:

Camomilla
03-30-2007, 08:39 AM
:unhappy: ...I don't know what to say....
I agree with sister Ruwaydah
girl, just do what the sister said && make alot of dikr:)
Insha Allah I will make dua for u, don't worry, just rely on Allah(SWT):) I remember, I was one day very angry that I was shaking &&
when performed salaad, I really calmed dow after the salaad, I was little bit surprised, all the anger inside me was gone!
May Allah(SWT) help us all!
peace!
:w:

syilla
03-30-2007, 08:40 AM
:salamext:

i think...you are experiencing the difficulties being a mother and a housewife.

I understand how you feel sis. imsad

Before we are married....we are a totally different person but after married we become a boring, unattractive and nagging wife.

This is normal...because we wanted to create a wonderful place for our family that sometimes we forget about ourselves. We forget how to take care ourselves emotionally and physically. This will make it worst if our hubby have their own problems to even think how are we feeling today.

Please remember WE ARE ONLY A HUMAN BEING. Sometimes we MUST feel angry, sad, upset and frustrated.

EVERYTHING WE DO IS FOR ALLAH SUBHANAHUWATA'ALA SAKE.

Remember every difficulties should make us closer to Allah subhanahuwata'ala...and not the other way round. Just pray...and pour everything to Allah subhanahuwata'ala and the help will be near. Every difficulties there will be easiness.

This is our little jihad and struggle...which InshaAllah Allah will reward us for this.

When became a mother and a wife...then only we realised how hard it is being a mother and a wife.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
03-30-2007, 08:43 AM

Sister Ruwaydah already gave excellent advice so I will not repeat what she said. In addition to what she said. Check out what is going on around you at the times the cravings for cigarettes and alcohol become the strongest.

Alcohol and cigarettes do go together. If you have one the craving for the other will increase.

Usually there will be something that touches of an initial craving for one or the other, some possibilities, listening to some forms of music, watching some TV shows, visiting with friends that indulge in one or the other and last but not least boredom. The solution is to learn what are the things that weaken you, avoid them if possible and if not able to avoid the situations learn to focus your thoughts on Allah(swt)

SirZubair
03-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Harden up.

S£mmi
03-30-2007, 11:54 AM
I'll pray for you..

Panther
03-30-2007, 12:18 PM
It sounds to me like you may be experiancing depression. One in three adults will suffer from depression in thier lifetime, so rest assured that you are not alone.

I would reccomend taking some time out to yourself, perhaps joining a support group and going to your GP.(Although I went to my GP about depression once before, and he just sent me away with some useless drugs. :/ Still, the diagnosis may help you.)

I would encourage you to explain the situation to your husband, only then can he be supportive of you.

Best of wishes to you, and I hope you're feeling better soon.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.