/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Barzakh and Punishment of Grave

Talha777
03-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

I am starting this thread to clarify some issues and questions I have regarding barakh. This is because there seems to be a lot of disagreement over this issue from various Muslims. For example, some Muslims I know say they deny the punishment of grave, while most others affirm it. Some say that Ahazrat (Sall Allahu alaihi wa salaam) is in barzakh, while others deny this.

"The ruh of the mumin is a bird that sits in the trees of the Garden until Allah returns it to his body on the day He raises him." (Muwatta Imam Malik)

Some say that this hadith applies only to the general Believers, and not to Prophets who are in Jannat in their physical bodies. I would also like to know that if spirits of the Believers are in Jannat right now, does that mean they have completed their term in barzakh, or are their bodies still in barzakh while their spirit is in Paradise? These are complex issues/question, and in help would be greatly appreciated. Jazak Allah khair.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.