Preety amazing isnt it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
NooralHaya
07-27-2005, 09:18 PM
subhanAllah, makes sense to me though

BlissfullyJaded
07-27-2005, 11:52 PM
:sl:

Not surprising..Considering today's teens have grown up around the computer for most of their lives innit. :p

maisa
07-27-2005, 11:53 PM
subhan allah

i can't imagine my life with internet :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Halima
07-28-2005, 12:07 AM
Salaam,

funny thing because I was just watching it on the news, and I think today children are very addicted to the internet, I've grown up learning about computers all my life and today I suggest that technology is letting us have that advantage. Anything we see in the stores we buy. Computers are a huge tecnonly boost of this era. I think today without computers it would be much better alhamdulilah. for instance think back to Prophet Muhammed (saw)'s time. alhamdulilah everything was pure, noone had to worry about fitnah just outside. now we have computers, the more technology we have, the more fitnah comes upon us. I myself would like to live in a simple life. I don't like to be bombarded with all sorts of technology.

Wasalaam.

NooralHaya
07-28-2005, 12:46 AM
well.. inshaAllah we use the internet to our advantage that. its one of those things that we can either benefit from, or can aid us in indulging in sin. alhamdulillah with the internet 'ilm is only a click away, and we'll be held accountable for not using it as something to increase us in knowledge and make us better muslims.

as salaamu alaikum

TEH
07-28-2005, 12:52 AM
Honestly, I think we would all have been much better off, had the internet not been in our lives...

:)

BlissfullyJaded
07-28-2005, 12:56 AM

Hmm..quite a few of my friends and I weren't addicted to the internet up until recently, cuz of our parents only let us go on for a limited amount of time. They didn't watch over us to see what we were doin, cuz they trusted us, but there was limitations on the amount of time being spent online.

Yeah, I know what you're saying that in Sayiddina Rasullah's (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) time there was no technology and it was more pure. But you do have your nafs, and therefore it is a test for you to control and limit yourself on the computer if you feel its having negative effects.

And the internet does have its good and its bad..I don't deny that. But before the internet, kids were watching loads of TV. Kids always have distractions. ;)

TEH
07-28-2005, 01:00 AM
True say my friend, so if you can get rid of all of them, you should...

:)

BlissfullyJaded
07-28-2005, 01:10 AM

loq, we never had a TV in our house.. Actually the computer is the only thing thats the "distraction." And there's no way we're getting rid of it, cuz my sister's a computer major. Besides, I do have to type essays on the computer and stuff, so urm, its gonna be a very long time from now before we think of throwing out the computer. ;D

TEH
07-28-2005, 01:12 AM
Same here mate...

:D

Halima
07-28-2005, 01:22 AM
I agree aswell :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.