/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Persuasion or commandment?

samah12
03-30-2007, 11:13 PM
Sorry don't know if this is in the right forum?

My question is about discussion. If you want to get your view across is it better to try to persuade the other person gently that your view is correct, including any proof you have, or is it better to just command that they accept your view.

If somone comes onto this site and is thinking of reverting, is new to Islam or is just trying to fins out what being a Muslim is should we not be patient and persuasive or do you think it is right to say this is Islam fullstop?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
03-30-2007, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by samah12
Sorry don't know if this is in the right forum?

My question is about discussion. If you want to get your view across is it better to try to persuade the other person gently that your view is correct, including any proof you have, or is it better to just command that they accept your view.

If somone comes onto this site and is thinking of reverting, is new to Islam or is just trying to fins out what being a Muslim is should we not be patient and persuasive or do you think it is right to say this is Islam fullstop?
I think it depends on the person and your reletionship to them and the circumstances.

Given the circumstances you have given I think gently conversating and showing why you believe what you believe should be done.

At the same time some people are just there to bash others so being stern after a while of being patient might have to be done.

But I think normally the way is to correct them or share your views in a nice way so that their hearts are softened.

I think even the way our Prophet spoke to people is an indication of this. peace be upon him.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.