/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Study----Bio-chemistry

afriend
03-31-2007, 12:22 AM
I’m working on a science project for school. While working on it, I discovered a huge health hazard that a chemical by the name of Dihydrogen monoxide can cause.
1. A small amount of Dihydrogen monoxide can drown a child.
2. Large traces of this chemical is found in the air, and during when its most humid, it can greatly harm asthmatics and increase their chance of an attack.
3. It can cause excessive sweating and vomiting
4. It’s a major component of acid rain
5. It can cause severe burns in its gaseous state
6. Accidental inhalation can kill you
7. It contributes to erosion
8. It decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes
9. It has been found in tumors of terminal cancer
10. Great amounts of this chemical is now found in public pools

There are many other harmful effects that the chemical dihydrogen monoxide can cause. These are just to name a few. I’m going to start a world wide petition, but before I do, I would like to see how many would actually care to learn more about this. So please vote inshallah. Jazakum Allahu Khair.

This Poll only applies to residents of the USA and UK.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sapphire
03-31-2007, 01:18 AM
voted.....nice topic...............should be some very interesting results:p

Malaikah
03-31-2007, 09:33 AM
:sl:

;D

And here I thought this thread was really about biochemistry. :cry:

strider
03-31-2007, 10:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
I’m working on a science project for school. While working on it, I discovered a huge health hazard that a chemical by the name of Dihydrogen monoxide can cause.
1. A small amount of Dihydrogen monoxide can drown a child.
2. Large traces of this chemical is found in the air, and during when its most humid, it can greatly harm asthmatics and increase their chance of an attack.
3. It can cause excessive sweating and vomiting
4. It’s a major component of acid rain
5. It can cause severe burns in its gaseous state
6. Accidental inhalation can kill you
7. It contributes to erosion
8. It decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes
9. It has been found in tumors of terminal cancer
10. Great amounts of this chemical is now found in public pools

There are many other harmful effects that the chemical dihydrogen monoxide can cause. These are just to name a few. I’m going to start a world wide petition, but before I do, I would like to see how many would actually care to learn more about this. So please vote inshallah. Jazakum Allahu Khair.

This Poll only applies to residents of the USA and UK.

Where is it used?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend
03-31-2007, 11:53 AM

This is used worldwide obviously...But the only places where I think it could be banned are places such as the UK and USA.

Pk_#2
03-31-2007, 12:04 PM
hahaha dis is Tooooooooo Funni

That's the best poll ever :D no really :X

I just closed my eyes and clicked something, your poll is now very reliable :p

Peace hah! Have a nice day Loser.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-31-2007, 12:07 PM
:salamext:

bhai a LOT of chemicals have serious health hazard lol, its all about how it is stored/preserved and maintained. Is it in safe hands? How is it used.

We need to consider all these factors before making a choice :)
and to be honest i dont know any of them as of yet lol

strider
03-31-2007, 12:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
:salamext:

bhai a LOT of chemicals have serious health hazard lol, its all about how it is stored/preserved and maintained. Is it in safe hands? How is it used.

We need to consider all these factors before making a choice :)
and to be honest i dont know any of them as of yet lol
Precisely. That's what i was trying to get at.

Karina
03-31-2007, 12:33 PM
Dihydrogen monoxide hoax

Source: Wikipedia 2007

"The logo of DHMO.org, primary current residence of the dihydrogen monoxide hoaxDihydrogen monoxide (DHMO) is a scientific name for water that is relatively unknown to most of the public, used in hoaxes that illustrate how the lack of scientific knowledge and an exaggerated analysis can lead to misplaced fears. "Di" meaning two, and "Mono" meaning single, describes how water is made up of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom.

The hoax involves listing strictly negative effects of water, such as erosion or drowning, attributing them to "dihydrogen monoxide", and then asking individuals to help control the seemingly dangerous substance. The negative aspects, while real, are disguised from their more commonly known forms.

It was apparently created by Eric Lechner, Lars Norpchen and Matthew Kaufman (housemates while attending UC Santa Cruz in 1989), revised by Craig Jackson in 1994, and brought to widespread public attention in 1997, when Nathan Zohner, a 14-year-old student, gathered petitions to ban "DHMO" as the basis of his science project, titled "How Gullible Are We?""

:enough!:

IbnAbdulHakim
03-31-2007, 12:42 PM
^ lol what a silly hoax ;D

jzcasejz
03-31-2007, 12:50 PM
So Basically...Iqram...Is...Trying...To...Place A Ban On...WATER?! :cry::laugh:

chacha_jalebi
03-31-2007, 01:09 PM
lol i thought dis was real sciency:D

you know its a mission to get chemicals banned:p but good luck:D

afriend
03-31-2007, 01:42 PM

argh! so you guys finally caught on...eh? :p you sure did take your time ;D

The real aim was to see if American people truely are dumber than British people :p...And the poll suggests....:D

Thank you all for your....participation ;D ;D ;D Hope you are not offended :hiding:

jzcasejz
03-31-2007, 01:44 PM
^^ Yeah Yeah..Nice Scapegoat Iqy :rollseyes ;D

afriend
03-31-2007, 01:48 PM

Well it worked on a few didn't it? :p

The moral of this thread is...Like snakelegs has in her Signature....

Question authority! :)

Have a good day people.

Camomilla
03-31-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanx for the share, Jazakallah Khair!^

strider
03-31-2007, 09:28 PM
I fell for it.:-[

IbnAbdulHakim
03-31-2007, 09:31 PM
a mu'min neva gets stung twice bhai :p :p

Musaafirah
06-18-2007, 10:19 PM
LOL! I just read the post know..
Tut tut..you should be ashamed of urself Iqram..not ALL americans are that bad..
I must say when you said it could drown a child I started laughing..that was too funny..(not in a horrible way of course )

jzcasejz
06-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Hey scrap this piece of research...he broke several ethical codes anyways...so his research definitely cannot be published.

Sorry Iqz. You can beat me up later... :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.