/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Things Given Up or to Do

E'jaazi
03-31-2007, 07:15 AM
What things were the hardest for you to give up or do when you reverted back to Islam? For me, the hardest thing to give up was associating with women because it had always been the norm. Giving up music wasn't too bad, but getting rid of all of my CD's wasn't that easy, but I did it. The hardest thing for me to do and still is, is to have more patient in everything. That is something I pray for, especiall since I intend to make Hajj this year, Insha Allah. What about you?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
E'jaazi
04-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Anyone?

Pk_#2
04-01-2007, 09:37 PM
All the best with hajj,

May Allah make you patient.

AsalamuALaykum Warahmatullah Akhi! :)

IbnAbdulHakim
04-01-2007, 09:41 PM
:wasalamex

hmm, dont know lol.

i feel like i havent really changed much, i dont know why...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Maidah
04-01-2007, 10:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
:wasalamex

hmm, dont know lol.

i feel like i havent really changed much, i dont know why...

hmmm is that not meant to be a concern?:X i am sure there is and should be many changes in a person from being nonpracticing to practicing. I know for sure there was a change in me when i intially started practicing.

But anyways i hope you only change for the betta :) .InshAllah

IbnAbdulHakim
04-01-2007, 10:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maidah
hmmm is that not meant to be a concern?:X i am sure there is and should be many changes in a person from being nonpracticing to practicing. I know for sure there was a change in me when i intially started practicing.

But anyways i hope you only change for the betta :) .InshAllah
sis i didnt really mean it dat way lol... i mean its been so long things feel so natural now.

i gave up a LOT of things but its like im not doing enough thats why it feels like no change.

i cant explain it!!! :omg:

Maidah
04-01-2007, 10:46 PM
^ my bad :X . :giggling:

Ya in that case i can totaly understand you infact even relate to that. The changes seem so clear initially but later on feels normal. And then you think to yourself, cuz i don't feel different anymore, i probably haven't changed, but hopefully that is not the case (cuz otherwise i should be worried about myself:X ).

jazakAllah khair.

strider
04-02-2007, 09:42 AM
May Allah bestow everybody who wishes to sacrifice for the sake Him, with patience. Ameen.

Medina83
04-02-2007, 04:13 PM
yes i find it difficult all the time

I trust in Allah though and I know reverting is the best thing I've ever done so sometimes saying its difficult makes me feel ungrateful.

And i didn't have this 'wow' feeling and I still don't, its a struggle everyday.

Things I find hard are:
1) I don't wear hijab full-time , I'm terrified of people in work's reactions and then I'm afraid I'm committing shirk by being afraid of anyone except Allah..

2) Haven't dumped the music yet

3) Still have contact with males, handshakes etc in meetings

4) Terrified of getting married

5) Haven't found the courage to tell my mother yet (she's a strong Catholic)

6) Trying to get my relationship with my non-muslim (female) friends right...not offending them and not agreeing with them.

There's tons of stuff, I end up analysing everything to death anyway (such as point 1)

I'm tired of it being difficult :cry:

IbnAbdulHakim
04-02-2007, 05:43 PM
^ may Allah help you Ameen !

Medina83
04-02-2007, 06:46 PM
please pray dua for me, i need all the help i can get

bint_muhammed
04-02-2007, 08:22 PM
i think for me was (or is) giving up music and t.v, thats bin tough! however theres been many benefits with it though mashallah!

SATalha
04-02-2007, 08:25 PM
You guys are realy strong may Allah increase your iman

siFilam
04-02-2007, 08:35 PM
:salamext:
I think hardest for me was trying to pray 5x properly at the right time. although I still slip and fall when it comes to this. May Allah forgive me. Ameen.
another thing is applying all things I've learned so far in my life. memorizing and learning is one thing but it when it comes implementing what I learned into my action, this is a greater struggle for me. May Allah make it easy for us to submit to Him. Ameen.

wasalam
-SI-

ummAbdillah
04-03-2007, 02:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Medina83
please pray dua for me, i need all the help i can get
:w:
Manshllah sis, i am realy happy to hear that you have
reverted!
may allah make things easy for you! ameen
May allah increase you Iman! ameen

Take care

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.