/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Usage of filthy words= end of world?

ziz0u07
03-31-2007, 09:36 AM
Usage of filthy words has become common practice, it is considered normal to greet our friends or express our loss or anger with filthy words.

Does Islam prohibit or forbid its believers from using filthy words? (I be pleased if you could provide me with a verse of Quran or a Hadith relating to this issue).

Some people use these words out of habit without meaning them, would they be considered as sinners according to Islam?
For example:" You son of a b**** long time no see"
"F*** off"

Lastly I was wondering if the increase usage of filthy words could be considered as a sign of end of the world- Qiyamah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
03-31-2007, 09:57 AM
:sl:

Yes, of course swearing is haram!

The Messenger of Allah said:

“The Muslim does not slander, curse, speak obscenely or speak rudely.” (Bukhari and Muslim)

Hope that helps. :)

strider
03-31-2007, 10:40 AM
Using filthy words will probably not be the end of the world but it will probably be a contributing factor with which people judge you. Just because many more people are speaking with such a lack of manners, it doesn't make it right.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.