/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 22 Hizbut Tahrir men held while holding meeting in Bangladesh

Showkat
03-31-2007, 11:46 AM
22 Hizbut Tahrir men held while holding secret meet in city
http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/03/31/d70331011813.htm

Police arrested 22 members of the cultural wing of Hizbut Tahrir Bangladesh in the city's Mohammadpur area yesterday evening.
The arrestees, most of who are students of Dhaka University and North south University, were holding a secret meeting at a house on the third floor of a five-storied building at Aziz Mohalla in the area.

Raiding the meeting venue, the law enforcers also seized a huge quantity of party leaflets, posters, compact disks (CDs) and party books.

Some of the posters read: "Awami League and BNP alliances' sycophancy to the United States and India is responsible for the present situation of the country.

Police filed a case against the arrestees for holding a meeting violating Emergency Power Rules.

The arrestees told The Daily Star they are the cultural wing members of Hizbut Tahrir Bangladesh and met one of their fellow members at the house to chalk out a programme ahead of Eid-e-miladunnabi.

Guardians of at least five arrestees told The Daily Star at Mohammadpur Police Station that they were not aware of their sons' involvement with the party until they were arrested.

Police said the arrested members of the organisation used to hold secret meetings at Baitul Mokarram Mosque Fridays and distribute party leaflets.

Comment:

Alhamdulilah the struggle between the haq and batil intensifies and times like these will surely test and strengthen the dawah and its carriers.

The Hizb in Bangladesh is the smallest and most recent Islamic party in bangladesh yet they are the most feared by the Secular parties and those who advocate other than Islamic law. Regardless of how many dawah carriers they arrest the dawah will continue without fear or compromise until Allah swt gives the victory to the believers.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SATalha
03-31-2007, 12:35 PM
these broz r the 1s who will spread truth inshallah. They unlike the average bengali know wat is going one with this new secular guv. Hope they r a grass root organisation like hamas.

jzcasejz
03-31-2007, 12:38 PM
Thankz For Posting...
And This May Be Off-Topic...But Some Of The Awami League Supporters Are Barbarianz! :enough!:

SATalha
03-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Yeah u got that rite. One a seperat not bangla bai and a few otherz who wanted sharia, where executed yesterday.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Showkat
03-31-2007, 01:31 PM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi warajiun

Also brothers and sisters please visit www.khilafat.org for more information about the grassroots dawah

AFDAL
04-02-2007, 03:24 PM
My dear Brothers in Islam from Bangladesh

First of all look the peoples of bangladesh, they own independence from their muslim brothers ( Pakistan ) with the help of the pagan majority india. The bangladeshis together with the pagan india started their war on the day when the pakiatani army was in sallah of eid. I am Muslim from Assam/ NE india, and much better than us the Muslim ( indegenious peoples) of Assam/ NE, who will know you ( The Banglaheshi ), you belived the pagan peoples much more than your Muslim brothers. Even you bangladeshi have settle in Assam/ NE india with the help of indegenious muslims, but now look what the situation have become in Assam/ NE India.

MTAFFI
04-02-2007, 03:41 PM
I am not sure I understand the intents of this group. Do they just want to rally and speak out or are they known for more violent tactics?

SATalha
04-02-2007, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AFDAL

First of all look the peoples of bangladesh, they own independence from their muslim brothers ( Pakistan ) with the help of the pagan majority india. The bangladeshis together with the pagan india started their war on the day when the pakiatani army was in sallah of eid. I am Muslim from Assam/ NE india, and much better than us the Muslim ( indegenious peoples) of Assam/ NE, who will know you ( The Banglaheshi ), you belived the pagan peoples much more than your Muslim brothers. Even you bangladeshi have settle in Assam/ NE india with the help of indegenious muslims, but now look what the situation have become in Assam/ NE India.
Please do not start this Bengali V Pakistani debate there is no need. The bengalis in bangladesh are in a state of confusion but there is a big group called Jamat-e-islam and Shibir who are trying to get the bengali people out of Indian traditions. Not all of them are stuck.

And also the Pakistanis did treat the bengalis as 2nd class citizens and many things took place back in those days that my dad and mum was witness to. The things that took place where very Un-islamic. But Mashallah now the to nations are in peace and in my opinion many people are aware of Indias part in the war and also The british involvment.

SATalha
04-02-2007, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
I am not sure I understand the intents of this group. Do they just want to rally and speak out or are they known for more violent tactics?

This group are not that prominant in Bangladesh, but they have strong holds in other countries like Uzbekistan, Egypt and others. Many of them in some countries are tortured and arrested because they want to cahnge the political system and implement Shariah. They are not known for their violence rather talks and lectures and general preaching.

MTAFFI
04-02-2007, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
This group are not that prominant in Bangladesh, but they have strong holds in other countries like Uzbekistan, Egypt and others. Many of them in some countries are tortured and arrested because they want to cahnge the political system and implement Shariah. They are not known for their violence rather talks and lectures and general preaching.
Well good for them, as long as they dont exercise their opinions and political stances through violence, then I say good for them. I wonder why these men were arrested though, if they dont actually use violence?

InToTheRain
04-02-2007, 06:56 PM
these broz r the 1s who will spread truth inshallah. They unlike the average bengali know wat is going one with this new secular guv. Hope they r a grass root organisation like hamas.
yes there is too much Jahiliya within out own nation, They need more basic understanding of Islam, they are being fed too much nonsense, bollywood lollywood dollywood...BAH :enough!: they need to be more aware of the evils of secularism AND basic knowledge of Islam.

Just yesterday I saw the Bengali news with some woman with a bob-cut etc, Bangladesh is just out of it :raging:

siFilam
04-02-2007, 07:13 PM
:salamext:
format_quote Originally Posted by AFDAL

I agree with bro SATalha, no need to cause more division among the Muslims. One might say that the Bengalis were right to separate from Pakistan. The Muslims of the Pakistani government and army didn't treat the Bengali as their Muslim brothers. But Allah knows best.
I wanted to write more but this will only create more arguments and further division.
For the sake of Allah leave this argument.
wasalam
-SI-

SATalha
04-02-2007, 07:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
Well good for them, as long as they dont exercise their opinions and political stances through violence, then I say good for them. I wonder why these men were arrested though, if they dont actually use violence?
The people at the top at the moment are realy stamping down on religion and do not want any form of Islamic revival in the region. This is the case with many of the other muslim countries as you might know. Brothers and sisters in Uzbek are tortured for preaching the message and calling for Shariah.

MTAFFI
04-02-2007, 07:58 PM
The people at the top at the moment are realy stamping down on religion and do not want any form of Islamic revival in the region. This is the case with many of the other muslim countries as you might know. Brothers and sisters in Uzbek are tortured for preaching the message and calling for Shariah.
So basically because of those who wish for an Islamic state, and attempt to obtain it through violent means, these people are not allowed to pursue it peacefully? What a tragedy, the story of humanity the idiots ruin it for all

SATalha
04-02-2007, 08:03 PM
You could say that. But i also think that even when violence is not used the people still get abused and tortured even killed. Egypt is a good example of this guvernment are very secular and do not want anyform of Islamic politics about. I

Khan-Ghalgha
04-03-2007, 02:01 AM
Actually the same happening in most of muslim countries, Chechenya is a bright example, and Northern Caucausus in general. Islamic revival is being countered by any means possible, people getting killed simply becuase they pray in mosques regularily and wear beards, especially educated people are being targeted, provocations take place on a regular basis, provoking people who lost their loved one or were tortured and humiliated in russian concentration camps to pick up arms, after that more repressions are inflicted, the situation is dire and getting worse everyday.

north_malaysian
04-03-2007, 07:27 AM
I dont think hizb at tahrir is banned in Malaysia.... there are pamphlets about them everywhere..... but they're not popular among Islamists... as most of them are supporting Pan Malaysia Islamic Party (PAS)

SATalha
04-03-2007, 01:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I dont think hizb at tahrir is banned in Malaysia.... there are pamphlets about them everywhere..... but they're not popular among Islamists... as most of them are supporting Pan Malaysia Islamic Party (PAS)
Yep in come countries they are safe. To be honest with you i was intrested in Hizb at tahirr and i went to alot of their meetings and events when i was about 16. But then i went through a period of uncertaintity. Iam not sure about this group but atleast they are working for Islam. If they have that as a objective iam sure some good can come out of it

Bittersteel
04-04-2007, 12:06 PM
So basically because of those who wish for an Islamic state, and attempt to obtain it through violent means, these people are not allowed to pursue it peacefully?
no they havent used violence means.The secular parties are more violent than all the Islamists put together in this country.And I am a Bangladeshi resident.
they were holding meetings,not for planning to carry out suicide attacks I am sure.I have met some members and they were peaceful beings.

I wonder why these men were arrested though, if they dont actually use violence?
the country is under a state of emergency and al types of meetings which are deemed political are banned.since this group has political affiliations ,I guess they were arrested for this reason.

AFDAL
04-04-2007, 04:43 PM
State Terrorism in Bangladesh
Publication time: Today at 07:46 Djokhar time

79 killed in custody in 3 months.A total of 1,26,968 people were arrested across the country during the period, a Human Rights Organisation reported, adding that 11 central jails and 55 district jails can accommodate 27,227 prisoners.

Seventy-nine people were killed by law enforcers across the country in three months from January 1 to March 31, according to a report released by Odhikar.

Of the 79 people, 46 were killed by the Rapid Action Battalion (RAB), 18 by the police, seven by the army, five by the army-led joint forces, two by navy and one by officers of the Department of Narcotics Control.

Of the people killed in custody, seven were reportedly activists of the BNP, four of the Awami League, seven of the underground Biplobi Communist Party, one of New Biplobi Communist Party, three of Purbo Banglar Communist Party, four were operatives of Purbo Banglar Communist Party (Jana Juddho), four of Purbo Banglar Communist Party (Red Flag), four of Sarbahara Party, three were of Sromojibi Mukti Andolan, two of Gana Muktifouz, three of ‘Gangchil Bahini', one of ‘Haji Bahini' and one of ‘Masim Bahini', the last three being bands of criminals.

One of the persons killed was a freedom fighter, two were farmers, one was a police informant, one was an indigenous leader, two were alleged muggers, 17 were alleged criminals, one an alleged gambler, one alleged drug peddler, one under trial prisoner at Dhaka Central Jail, one a prisoner at Faridpur jail, one was a suspected gunrunner, two were bus drivers and three were alleged robbers.

During the period, 27 persons died in jail custody and two RAB personnel were killed by criminals.

The report also said that six journalists were injured, eight arrested, nine assaulted, 32 threatened. Ten cases were filed against journalists and a journalist's house came under attack during the period.

A total of 144 cases of women repression were reported during the period. Of them 43 women were killed for dowry, 15 were tortured and 4 committed suicide. A total of 59 women were raped, the report said adding that 12 women were killed after rape.

During the period, 220 children became victims of human rights violations. Of them, 80 children were killed, 33 injured, nine were allegedly abducted, nine allegedly committed suicide, two were arrested, 26 went missing and 53 minor girls were raped-three of them killed after rape.

The Odhikar report noted that slum demolition and eviction drive left thousands of poor people homeless and expressed concern that no steps were taken for their rehabilitation.

Bangladesh Human Rights Commission, another human rights organisation, reported that in January-March period 64 people were killed by law enforcing agencies, 32 women were killed for dowry, 14 in mass beating, 14 women were killed after rape. Besides, one journalist and two maid servants were killed.

According to another human rights organisation, Bangladesh Society for the Enforcement of Human Rights (BSEHR) , 163 people were killed in social violence during the period. Indian border guards killed 12 Bangladeshis during the period, it said.

The BSEHR also reported five incidents of fatwa violence during the period.

http://kavkazcenter.com/eng/content/.../04/7929.shtml

AFDAL
04-06-2007, 08:52 AM
NEW DELHI, April 5: Seeking to address New Delhi’s concerns over presence of North-east insurgent camps in Bangladesh, its caretaker Government today said it will not allow any anti-India activity.
Foreign Adviser Iftekar Ahmed Chowdhury said an assurance in this regard has been conveyed to India.
“We have assured the Indian authorities that under no circumstances, to the extent possible on my part, that we will allow our territory to be used for any activity against India, and we will ensure that this is not done,” he told NDTV.
Asked whether he agreed that anti-India militant groups have been operating from Bangladesh, Chowdhury said: “It is not for me to talk of what had happened in the past. But, as I have said, this Government, the caretaker Government, has given all kinds of signals to India saying that we will not permit this, to the extent possible on our part.”
When referred to Indian intelligence reports which suggest that ULFA chief Paresh Barua and other top leaders are in Bangladesh, he said security agencies of the two countries, including border forces, have been in touch and are exchanging information.
“I am sure we will be able to resolve any situation of this type between us in a way that is amicable to both parties.”
India has been conveying its concerns with regard to presence of North-east insurgent camps and leaders in Bangladesh and pressing Dhaka to take action against them. PTI

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.