/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question?

Yanal
03-31-2007, 04:58 PM
Salaam brothers and sisters i have a question sometimes i make threads and it shows up automaticlly and sometimes i make threads and it says this thread will be visable to a moderator until he approves it why is that that sometimes it doesn't take any time and sometimes it takes alot of time please answer?:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
03-31-2007, 07:08 PM
:salamext:

It's because we don't always notice that theres posts waiting. :) When we find out, we try to do it as quick as possible.

Trumble
03-31-2007, 07:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Salaam brothers and sisters i have a question sometimes i make threads and it shows up automaticlly and sometimes i make threads and it says this thread will be visable to a moderator until he approves it why is that that sometimes it doesn't take any time and sometimes it takes alot of time please answer?:w:

I think it depends on which forum you are actually posting in? I dont actually start many threads, so I'm not sure but I know those in 'World Affairs' certainly need a moderators approval.

Yanal
04-27-2007, 12:32 AM
oh i get it

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
04-27-2007, 12:32 AM
thanks but how do u know when someone posts

Yanal
04-27-2007, 12:41 AM
this question to mods hwo do u know when u need to approve someones thread and sometimes it just comes up as a thread right when u say submit

*charisma*
04-27-2007, 01:03 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

When you make a thread in which the Moderators have to approve first, they will see it, but you and no one else will, so no one can reply anyways. They will approve it if they think its appropriate enough for the forums. In other parts of the forum, they don't use that feature, so you can post whatever you want as long as its within the forum guidelines. Its only used in places like the World Affairs section and the Discovering Islam sections, where they have to keep an eye on what is being posted.

Does that make sense bro?

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Woodrow
04-27-2007, 04:29 AM
also with the sections that are moderated only the mods for that section can see those that are awaiting approval. Because of the differences in time zones different mods will be on line during different times of the day.

Usually you can expect about a 4 hour wait for a thread to be approved. the world Affairs section is an exception. we are trying to do all approvals there between 9-11 PM GMT.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.