/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mommy's

Pk_#2
03-31-2007, 08:41 PM
Bismillah.

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

The Quran has a number of things to say about a Muslim's obligations to parents.
“And We have enjoined on the human being in (regard to) his two parents - his mother bore him in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning was two years - Give thanks to Me and to your parents. To Me is the goal. But if they strive with you to associate with Me (gods) you do not know about, then do not obey them. But keep company with them both in the world in an honourable manner, and follow the path of who repents to Me. Then I will tell you what you have worked.” - Surah Luqman ayat 14-15

It is an established principle in Islam that there is no obedience to any created thing (such as another person) that entails disobedience to Allah (Swt). Thus a Muslim must not obey if his or her parent calls him to polytheism. Yet even in this case, Muslims are commanded to "keep company with them both ... in an honorable manner." Also notice that Allah (Swt) has particularly mentioned the sacrifices a mother makes for her child as she goes through pregnancy and labour and as she nurses and weans him. Allah (Swt) has also mentioned thankfulness to parents in the same sentence as thankfulness to Him. SubhanAllah!

“O humankind! Be in awe of your Lord and Sustainer, He who created you all from a single soul, and created from it its mate, and from the two of them brought forth many men and women. Be in awe of Allah and of the wombs (that bore you). Surely Allah is watching over you” - Surah an-Nisa ayah 1

The Prophet (saw) has also discussed how Muslims are to treat their parents, and a number of sayings have been reported from him on this matter.

The following is narrated by Abdullah ibn Masud by way of Abu Amr ash-Shaybani:

“I asked the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, which action Allah loves best. He replied, "Prayer at its proper time." I asked, "Then what?" He said, "Then beautiful conduct to parents." I asked, "Then what?" He replied, "Then jihad in the Way of Allah." He told me about these things. If I had asked him to tell me more, he would have told me more.”

Notice that beautiful conduct to parents takes precedence even over jihad!

The following is narrated by Imran ibn Husain, Abdullah ibn Amr, and Abu Bakra:

The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Shall I tell you which is the worst of the major wrong actions?" They replied, "Yes, Messenger of Allah." He said, "Associating something else with Allah and disobeying parents." He had been reclining, but then he sat up and said, "And false witness."

The following stories have been narrated by Anas ibn Malik, Abdullah ibn Amr and Jahmah:

Anas ibn Malik: A man came to the Messenger of Allah and said: "I longed to go on jihad but I was not able to". He said: "Is either one of your parents still alive?" The man said: "My mother". He said: "Allah has instructed us in devotion to her, so if you do thus, you are as one who has made the hajj, the umrah and participated in jihad." Alhamdhulillah!

The following is narrated by Abdullah ibn Amr:

A man came to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and made a pledge to him that he would do hijra (emigration). He left his parents who were in tears. The Prophet said, "Go back to them and make them laugh as you made them weep."

Hijra is to emigrate from a non-Muslim land to a Muslim land, and is considered an extremely meritorious act. Yet service to parents takes priority over this!
The preceding hadiths all apply generally to both parents and explain what is meant by the Quran's command for "beautiful treatment" of parents. The hadiths also follow the Quran in showing a certain preference for the mother.

One hadith says, "Stay with [your mother], because Paradise is at her feet."

Another report is the following, which is narrated by Aisha Umm al-Muminin:

I asked the Prophet who has the greatest right over a man, and he said, "His mother."

Mothers are one of the means by which Allah (Swt) exercises His creation. Beyond what she is due as a parent, a mother is additionally due special feelings of reverence and dutifulness. This is because of the travails that she suffered during pregnancy, childbirth, and nursing.

After worshiping Allah (Swt) alone, beautiful conduct to parents is the next most important duty for a Muslim. Considering that mothers are due this conduct even before fathers, it is no wonder that the Prophet (saw) also said that Paradise is at the feet of mothers!

WalaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
unknown_JJ
04-05-2007, 05:31 PM
myy motherr.say alhamdulliallah thank you allah thank you allah 4 my mother :D

jazakallah 4 d post

ummAbdillah
04-05-2007, 05:49 PM
salaam
The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Shall I tell you which is the worst of the major wrong actions?" They replied, "Yes, Messenger of Allah." He said, "Associating something else with Allah and disobeying parents." He had been reclining, but then he sat up and said, "And false witness."
subhanallah!! may allah make us obedient to our parents - ameen
jazakallah khair for sharing sis

ummAbdillah
04-05-2007, 05:50 PM
myy motherr.say alhamdulliallah thank you allah thank you allah 4 my mother
salaam
i love that nasheed sis, it's fab

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.