/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Mother And Her Trust In Allah (swt)

Pk_#2
03-31-2007, 08:49 PM
Bismillah!

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Muslims who perform the Hajj or Umra must run in the middle portion of the distance between Safa and Marwa seven times. Safa and Marwa are two hills close to the Kaba. This is a commemoration of one mother's sacrifice for her son.That mother was Hajara (may Allah be pleased with her). Her son was the Prophet Ismail (peace be upon him). Prophet Ibrahim (peace be upon him) was Hajara's husband, and Ismail's father.Hajara's example of sacrifice took place when she and her baby was left in the valley of Makkah by Allah's order as pioneers to start a civilization. Here was the wife of a Prophet, the princess of the king of Egypt, left with her child in the desert. All for the sake of pleasing our Creator. As Prophet Ibrahim headed for his next responsibility from Allah, he reached an area where Hajara and Ismail could not see him. At that point, he turned back, raising his hands in Dua and said,

"O Our Lord! I have made of my offspring to dwell in a valley without cultivation by Your Sacred House; in order Our Lord, that they may establish regular Prayer: so fill the hearts of some among men with love towards them, and feed them with fruits, so that they may give thanks." (Quran 14:37).

Hajara returned to her place and started drinking water from the water-skin, and her milk increased for her child. But when she had used up all of the water, she ascended the Safa hill and looked, hoping to see somebody. The area was empty. She came down and then ran up to Marwa hill. She ran to and fro (between the two hills) many times, then went to check on her baby Ismail. He was dying. And she could find no water for him or herself. She could not watch her son perish. How could any mother? 'If I go and look, I may find somebody,' she told herself. Then she went and ascended the Safa hill and looked for a long while but could not find anybody. In all,Hajara ran seven rounds between Safa and Marwa, in the hot, waterless valley, where her thirsty baby lay. She told herself to go back and check on Ismail. But suddenly she heard a voice: it was the Angel Jibreel. 'Help us if you can offer any help," she said to him. The angel hit the earth with his heel and water gushed out. Hajara was astonished and started digging.
Allah, as she had rightly proclaimed, had not abandoned them.

WalaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
03-31-2007, 09:52 PM
:salamext:

jazakAllah khair, thats beautiful sis oh and wasnt the mothers name Hajara? :?

Maimunah
03-31-2007, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
:salamext:

jazakAllah khair, thats beautiful sis oh and wasnt the mothers name Hajara? :?
na'aam!!

:sl:

ruhi
03-31-2007, 10:00 PM
jakaakallah khair sis.....& as fas as i know the mother's name is Hajara (may Allah be pleased with her)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.