/* */

PDA

View Full Version : bad things

Nader
03-31-2007, 11:44 PM
Hello my brothers, I need to ask something, In the past few weeks i have been doing some very bad stuff on the internet, it seems like an addiction for me. Everytime I say I will stop, it just hits me that i have to do it again. I feel like I am being tested by Allah SwT and i just cannot stop it. I am born from an islamic family and just started praying about 3 weeks ago. I feel horrible about my self when i have to say what i have been doing on the internet. So if you want to know Private message me. I also now just bought the book "The Meaning of The Holy Quran" by Abdullah Yusuf Ali. Its making me understand the Quran better, now I have this book sitting next to me everywhere so everytime i try to do that bad thing i look at it and say no. Is this a good Idea?

Please help

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
04-01-2007, 12:32 AM
If it helps you keep away from sin. than don't see anything wrong in keeping it with you.

Try to spending less time on the internet though, spend more time reading the Quran, also try doing something that will get your mind off doing that sin.

*Hana*
04-01-2007, 12:57 AM
Salam Alaikum:

I don't think it matters what he was doing on the internet. The individual recognizes that whatever was done was wrong and is trying to correct the behaviour. Inshallah, you will be successful. :)

I don't see anything wrong with keeping the Qur'an near you as a reminder of why we strive to be better and dismiss the whispers of Shayton.

You're doing the right thing by turning to Allah, swt, during this trying time. May He grant you success. Ameen.

Wa'alaikum salam,
Hana

*charisma*
04-01-2007, 01:01 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Ekhi, its best not to reveal your sins to anyone. Try to avoid being on the computer for a while, If you can't because of school/work, there are block settings I think that you can set up for like kids, maybe that would help you as well if you set it up yourself inshallah.

Play the Quran, the rememberance of Allah inshallah will deplete evil thoughts, and try to constatly remain in dhikr. If you need help with Quran, there are a lot of bros and sisters here to help you bi'idnillahi wa ta'ala. Try to busy yourself with beneficial activities. Try to read about Islam, the Muslims, or anything to keep you away from bad thoughts.

Repent for your sins inshallah, and don't repeat them. You might die while sinning, that would be such a shameful state to die in.

fi aman allah
w'salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
snakelegs
04-01-2007, 01:50 AM
you've taken the first step - and that's often the most difficult.
you are just beginning to practice your religion - don't expect perfection over night.
in the meantime, leave your computer turned off as much as possible - get outside, excercise.

Muezzin
04-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Get one of those filter things too. That way you won't be able to access said 'bad things'.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-02-2007, 10:34 PM
:sl:

Do you know about Firewall? It can be block by what you see bad things at the internet..I have it too.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.