/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Jesus

akulion
04-01-2007, 04:44 AM
Removed Images. We are forbidden to show Images of Prophets(PBUT)

A New York art gallery has decided to cancel an exhibit of a chocolate sculpture of Jesus Christ after protests by a US Catholic group.

The six-foot (1.8m) sculpture, entitled "My Sweet Lord", depicts a naked Jesus Christ with his arms outspread.

The sculpture, by artist Cosimo Cavallaro, was to have been displayed from Monday at Manhattan's Lab Gallery.

The timing, over Easter Holy Week - the most important part of the Christian year - provoked an outcry.

The Roger Smith Hotel housing the Lab gallery decided to cancel the exhibition after the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights called for a boycott.

'Strong-arming'

"We're delighted with the outcome," said Kiera McCaffrey, spokeswoman for the League.

Ms McCaffrey had called the exhibit "an assault on Christians".

"They would never dare do something similar with a chocolate statue of the Prophet Mohammed naked with his genitals exposed during Ramadan."

The Lab gallery's artistic director, Matt Semler, has offered his resignation, saying the decision to cancel the exhibition was a result of "strong-arming from people who haven't seen the show, seen what we're doing.

"They jumped to conclusions completely contrary to our intentions," he said.

Mr Semler said the timing of the exhibition - when Christians mark the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ - was coincidental.

Canadian-born Mr Cavallaro is known for using food ingredients in his art, on one occasion painting a hotel room in mozzarella cheese.

He used 200 pounds (90 kg) of chocolate to make the sculpture which, unusually, depicts Jesus without a loincloth. It showed him suspended in air with his arms spread wide, as if crucified.

Source: BBC News

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
04-01-2007, 04:53 AM
what a waste of chocolate!
seriously, i see no merit in this type of "art" - it can only hurt and offend.

akulion
04-01-2007, 04:55 AM
well they could have at least put a loin cloth, thats just terrible

*Hana*
04-01-2007, 04:56 AM
Yeah, I agree. It's extremely offensive and quite frankly it doesn't even look like the Christian depiction of Jesus :rollseyes

It's no wonder they were made to close the exhibit.

Hana

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
akulion
04-01-2007, 04:59 AM
i wonder what will happen to the choco

probably be melted and made into easter eggs now

Woodrow
04-01-2007, 05:06 AM
I feel that this is also an insult to Islam. We know Isa(as) is a very beloved Prophet(PBUH) and that it is wrong to depict a Prophet(PBUT) in any derogatory manner and forbidden to make images of them.

I don't know about you, but I feel we were ridiculed just as much if not more than the Christians were.

ژاله
04-01-2007, 05:47 AM
^yeah you are right!

lyesh
04-01-2007, 05:48 AM
I agree with you bro woodrow! That's our prophet, and it's an insult to Islam!

samah12
04-01-2007, 06:02 AM
What did the director mean "strong arming from people that haven't seen the show". Does he think we need to actually see this to know it is inappropriate and offensive.

Woodrow
04-01-2007, 06:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by samah12
What did the director mean "strong arming from people that haven't seen the show". Does he think we need to actually see this to know it is inappropriate and offensive.
:sl: Sister,

That is how I understand it.

Somethings I don't think we have to experience personally to disagree with.

Speaking for myself I have never stuck my tongue in an electrical outlet , but I still would advise people not to do so.

samah12
04-01-2007, 06:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
:sl: Sister,

That is how I understand it.

Somethings I don't think we have to experience personally to disagree with.

Speaking for myself I have never stuck my tongue in an electrical outlet , but I still would advise people not to do so.
LOL brother. Well really we are not children, the world has gone completely mad.

by the way I tried sticking my tongue in an electric socket once and I wouldn't recommend it :D

Malaikah
04-01-2007, 06:52 AM
:sl:

People these days! No respect!

format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
"They would never dare do something similar with a chocolate statue of the Prophet Mohammed naked with his genitals exposed during Ramadan."
As if a loin clothe makes much difference in the first place.:rollseyes

Umm... I'm a little confused, are they offended by the nudity only, or that fact it was made of chocolate too?

Trumble
04-01-2007, 09:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
what a waste of chocolate!
seriously, i see no merit in this type of "art" - it can only hurt and offend.

I agree. I was obvious, or at least should have been, that a great many people would see this offensive. Totally unnecessary.

جوري
04-01-2007, 02:46 PM
You know this reminds me of insults that Querish used to give to Prophet Mohammed PBUH... they used to call him something derogatory which I shan't mention here but is a derivative of the word Mohammed... When the people would ask Prophet Mohammed PBUH.. what he or they should do, he'd say-- they are Mocking someone named (********) Alhmdlilah that isn't me!...

And so by the same token I say... this isn't Jesus (PBUH)... it is some guy who wanted to make a chocolate statue and name him after Jesus... does he know what Jesus looks like? No...

Same thing with Prophet Mohamed Cartoons... They made derogatory toons of a man in a Sikh turban and called him Prophet Mohamed... any Muslim knows that, that description doesn't fit our beloved messenger. none of the traits they ascribed to him fit the bill... These people only do such acts because they know they'll get a reaction out of it... but ignore it and they die like their tasteless art....

my two cents
:w:

Keltoi
04-01-2007, 03:28 PM
It seems that many "artists" these days know that very controversial pieces will get media attention.

samah12
04-02-2007, 12:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
It seems that many "artists" these days know that very controversial pieces will get media attention.
That's the problem Keltoi - it works. Who here would have heard of it unless it was offensive?

Let us be honest the artist would have been nuts to try the same thing with Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) because people know from experience that Muslims will not sit meekly by while Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) is insulted or indeed any Prophet (pbut).

snakelegs
04-02-2007, 12:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
You know this reminds me of insults that Querish used to give to Prophet Mohammed PBUH... they used to call him something derogatory which I shan't mention here but is a derivative of the word Mohammed... When the people would ask Prophet Mohammed PBUH.. what he or they should do, he'd say-- they are Mocking someone named (********) Alhmdlilah that isn't me!...

And so by the same token I say... this isn't Jesus (PBUH)... it is some guy who wanted to make a chocolate statue and name him after Jesus... does he know what Jesus looks like? No...

Same thing with Prophet Mohamed Cartoons... They made derogatory toons of a man in a Sikh turban and called him Prophet Mohamed... any Muslim knows that, that description doesn't fit our beloved messenger. none of the traits they ascribed to him fit the bill... These people only do such acts because they know they'll get a reaction out of it... but ignore it and they die like their tasteless art....
my two cents
good post.

.:Umniyah:.
04-02-2007, 01:00 AM

my two cents
Point taken. But in the end the insult kind of still stands. Regradless if the person or people are able to withstand it,and deal with it in a morally manner, what about the millions who take the "mockery" as what it was put out to be.

It's not the matter of the situation being truth or alshood but rather the mere intent of the intender. It's highly insultive. But then what can you expect in the big USA who gives everyone the free will to do whatever the hell they want, all in the name of demorcacy.

Only thing that gets to me is that i wish people would stand behind Islam and the muslims when we shout that something is wrong and offensive to us. You see all the respect in the world when it comes to christianity and any other off beat religion but never Islam.
Im very sure that its millinos of people out there who couldnt see the fault or problem with this mans chocolate jesus, but that didnt stop the people from pulling his exhibit out of the show. Which is normally the case when its something christian or whatever. But never Islam.

As was like the example with how they so "coincidently" set Saddam Hussien to be hung on "Eid" . But yet and still no one seemed to be bothered that Muslims found that insultive and a very ignorant, and not to mention low blow. But thats life in this wicked world innit?:hmm:

samah12
04-02-2007, 01:19 AM
[QUOTE=.:Umniyah:.;701633]:sl:

Only thing that gets to me is that i wish people would stand behind Islam and the muslims when we shout that something is wrong and offensive to us. You see all the respect in the world when it comes to christianity and any other off beat religion but never Islam.
QUOTE]

Forgive me sister, I agree with a lot of what you are saying but I don't see how you can say "but never Islam". Because of the complaints (and I do not agree with violent protest) by Muslims a lot of countries have woken up to the fact that Muslims will not allow or accept their faith to be mocked or insulted.

I agree the freedom of speach in USA is overboard and I have no intention of defending it but if you want to stop freedom of speach where would you draw the line? Would it one day become wrong for a child to say that batman stinks? :?

04-02-2007, 01:29 AM
[QUOTE=samah12;701653]
format_quote Originally Posted by .:Umniyah:.

QUOTE]

Forgive me sister, I agree with a lot of what you are saying but I don't see how you can say "but never Islam". Because of the complaints (and I do not agree with violent protest) by Muslims a lot of countries have woken up to the fact that Muslims will not allow or accept their faith to be mocked or insulted.

I agree the freedom of speach in USA is overboard and I have no intention of defending it but if you want to stop freedom of speach where would you draw the line? Would it one day become wrong for a child to say that batman stinks? :?
Well this very forum is bascially freedom of speech ..correct? so of course im not prompting that freedom of speech be stopped completely. Only there are boundaries and guidelines to EVErything in life. If you want to speak, speak with kindness,love care and compassion. If you want to advise , advise with thoughfulness, sincerity and love. Just like Islam teaches us. People are so far gone from these basic aspects of "speech" it just slightly anonys me.

and as for the Muslims protestes, im sure you dont agree with violenece, but that is kind of my point, We cant just "open" our mouths and say "hay we dont think thats right" we have to go to extremes of stressing our point. Or in other words we arent regonized , or regraded enough for it to just be offensive and they take note, we have to "Show" them its offensive and then they think about if they agree.

جوري
04-02-2007, 01:39 AM
I agree and even about the hanging of Sadaam Hussian... but this is something to be calculated properly...do you understand? When they make cartoons of the prophet Mohammed the best thing to do is boycott all their products period and collectively in all Islamic countries that use their products it is bound to hurt when there is 1.8 billion of us!... There are many other ways to make a point than stand in the streets with poorly written posters... I have seen the things the protesters used and I have seen the mockery made over them misspelling words like peace with peak... Do you think that would have been the appropriate response in the days of the messenger? I'll go out on a limb and say No!... there are very effective ways of making a point. As far as I am concerned Denmark is a little country who would have gone bankrupt from economic shut down from boycott to their products... let the countries who defend them settle their economic crisis, to me that would have been a point well delivered... Do you protest out loud against every kid that teases and torments you? or do you find more effective methods of shutting them up for good? Arabs have billion of dollars here in the U.S.. they can take their money... they can stop giving them oil... if they wanted to deliver a good punch... there are economic sanctions that can be imposed not a protest on the street!

samah12
04-02-2007, 02:04 AM
[QUOTE=.:Umniyah:.;701667]

Well this very forum is bascially freedom of speech ..correct? so of course im not prompting that freedom of speech be stopped completely. Only there are boundaries and guidelines to EVErything in life. If you want to speak, speak with kindness,love care and compassion. If you want to advise , advise with thoughfulness, sincerity and love. Just like Islam teaches us. People are so far gone from these basic aspects of "speech" it just slightly anonys me.

and as for the Muslims protestes, im sure you dont agree with violenece, but that is kind of my point, We cant just "open" our mouths and say "hay we dont think thats right" we have to go to extremes of stressing our point. Or in other words we arent regonized , or regraded enough for it to just be offensive and they take note, we have to "Show" them its offensive and then they think about if they agree.
Here, here PurestAmbrosia, you get my vote for President lol :D

Regarding the freedom of speach sister, this has been a problem for lawmakers and leaders for centuries. We all accept that certain topics should be taboo because they offend the masses. A great example is religion, mocking or ridiculing religion should be outside freedom of speach but of course that would mean Muslims could not say anything bad about Jews or Christians. To say that they are wrong or going against Allah could become illegal. Where does it stop? Who would judge what is allowed and what is not. I am truly offended by some things people say - even some Muslims - but I have to accept their right to say it.

So am I saying people should be allowed to make a naked chocolate Jesus (pbuh) NO I amm not. Clearly this is offensive but it is not illegal. It was stopped because people used their voicess but they didn't go into streets and burn buildings.

Why can't we just open our mouths and say "hey we dont think thats right"? I certainly can and do. When those awful cartoons appeared the women in my town refused to buy anything from that country, the shops have now stocking produce from that country because we wont buy it - money talks. I sent emails to the newspapers and government of the country. Imagine going to the office on Monday and finding 1.5 billion emails of complaint - I think you'd get the message.

04-02-2007, 02:07 AM
I agree and even about the hanging of Sadaam Hussian... but this is something to be calculated properly...do you understand? When they make cartoons of the prophet Mohammed the best thing to do is boycott all their products period and collectively in all Islamic countries that use their products it is bound to hurt when there is 1.8 billion of us!... There are many other ways to make a point than stand in the streets with poorly written posters... I have seen the things the protesters used and I have seen the mockery made over them misspelling words like peace with peak... Do you think that would have been the appropriate response in the days of the messenger? I'll go out on a limb and say No!... there are very effective ways of making a point. As far as I am concerned Denmark is a little country who would have gone bankrupt from economic shut down from boycott to their products... let the countries who defend them settle their economic crisis, to me that would have been a point well delivered... Do you protest out loud against every kid that teases and torments you? or do you find more effective methods of shutting them up for good? Arabs have billion of dollars here in the U.S.. they can take their money... they can stop giving them oil... if they wanted to deliver a good punch... there are economic sanctions that can be imposed not a protest on the street!
:applaud: for a point well made. I very much agree with your point, 100 percent. But then theres always a "but" in every statment innit? I think like you as far as taking my products, and cutting them off, but its far more complex than that im afriad. I dont agree at all with protesting on streets and making a bad name for the sane ones left. But i mean goverment systems are far more difficult than it appears to us common folk. the idea of taking their products away and cutting them off sounds good in theory, but the acutality of the situation is that; although the arabs may have the ability to take their oil from america , they may need america in other ways or prehaps the selling of their oil is a big income for their country...i believe you understand where this is going.

So of course i agree if they CAN tak away their products and cut off the source then by all means please do, but in some weird way i dont think its that simple.

جوري
04-02-2007, 02:23 AM
I promise you if the Muslim world in its entirety worked in concert like they did the days of the abbasids, the fatamids even the Ottoman empire, we'd be a force to be reckoned with!... we are too weak and divided-- and every man who sits on a throne is so afraid to be removed from it. I don't even have to go for a far out example but think of George V of England who couldn't grant exile to his cousin Nicholas of Russia who was assassinated along with his entire family, just because he was so afraid to lose his throne ... They like the comfort life provides... they are no different than the prodigals.. If they wanted to, they can be very self sufficient... Malaysia alone is tackling the Halal food industry, Imagine if every Muslim Country brought its best forth in exchange with only other Muslim countries... or they can do their trade with China...

Why do you think that large eastern chunk of the world be it Islamic or not was constantly under imperialistic rule from the west? They stole the wealth of nations...it is time for us to reclaim it..

No these so-called Muslim Nations have taken the easy way out, they have shamed their people and insulted their messenger... if they'd wanted to... they could have delivered a mighty fine blow!

samah12
04-02-2007, 02:32 AM

No these so-called Muslim Nations have taken the easy way out, they have shamed their people and insulted their messenger... if they'd wanted to... they could have delivered a mighty fine blow!
They still could if they stopped counting their oil money for 5 minutes and got together. Imagine what would happen in the world then.

04-02-2007, 02:32 AM
I promise you if the Muslim world in its entirety worked in concert like they did the days of the abbasids, the fatamids even the Ottoman empire, we'd be a force to be reckoned with!... we are too weak and divided-- and every man who sits on a throne is so afraid to be removed from it. I don't even have to go for a far out example but think of George V of England who couldn't grant exile to his cousin Nicholas of Russia who was assassinated along with his entire family, just because he was so afraid to lose his throne ... They like the comfort life provides... they are no different than the prodigals.. If they wanted to, they can be very self sufficient... Malaysia alone is tackling the Halal food industry, Imagine if every Muslim Country brought its best forth in exchange with only other Muslim countries... or they can do their trade with China...

Why do you think that large eastern chunk of the world be it Islamic or not was constantly under Impolitic rule from the west? They stole the wealth of nations...it is time for us to reclaim it..

:bravo: You tell them!! MashaAllah beautiful. And once again i AGREE! but then how do we put this into effect? Allah knows best! It saddens all of us who truly care about this Ummah of Muhammad Sallallahu alaihi wa salaam. But then its not one persons tears thats going to change the whole 1.8 billion of us Muslims. We could run this earth with Islam, and all the laws of Islam if we so willed INDEED! but what do you have? you have The muslims countries binding for the non muslim ones and having the muslims talking agaisnt their own religion. You have our own saying that Hijaab is oppression and our own calling the ones who strive for piety, "extremist" so whats one to do in this situation?

Sadly, THe muslims are downing themselves, we are killing ourseleves, we are losing grip of ourselves within ourselves. And only now the non Muslims are becoming aware of our weak state and now we're being abused from both angles.
InshaAllah there will come a time again when we will have rule, but that time unfortunatly isnt in our near future, and Allahu 3lim.

04-02-2007, 02:43 AM
[QUOTE=samah12;701694]

Here, here PurestAmbrosia, you get my vote for President lol :D

Regarding the freedom of speach sister, this has been a problem for lawmakers and leaders for centuries. We all accept that certain topics should be taboo because they offend the masses. A great example is religion, mocking or ridiculing religion should be outside freedom of speach but of course that would mean Muslims could not say anything bad about Jews or Christians. To say that they are wrong or going against Allah could become illegal. Where does it stop? Who would judge what is allowed and what is not. I am truly offended by some things people say - even some Muslims - but I have to accept their right to say it.

So am I saying people should be allowed to make a naked chocolate Jesus (pbuh) NO I amm not. Clearly this is offensive but it is not illegal. It was stopped because people used their voicess but they didn't go into streets and burn buildings.

Why can't we just open our mouths and say "hey we dont think thats right"? I certainly can and do. When those awful cartoons appeared the women in my town refused to buy anything from that country, the shops have now stocking produce from that country because we wont buy it - money talks. I sent emails to the newspapers and government of the country. Imagine going to the office on Monday and finding 1.5 billion emails of complaint - I think you'd get the message.
:D :D
I know i would get the message lol. But anyway, We as Muslims arent suppose to bad mouth christians and jews anyway, whats the wisdom behind it? Because we dont want them turning around and doing the same to us. Bad mouthing someone, and simply telling them what you believe and why what they believe is incorrect to you, are two total different things...in my very humble opinon anyway.

Hashim_507
04-02-2007, 02:48 AM
I am just offended about this whole chocolate Jesus event; Jesus (A.S) is a prophet. Also he is beloved prophet like Prophet Mohamed (P.B.U.H); that goes for all prophets.

جوري
04-02-2007, 02:50 AM
well sister... pls don't be sad... this is G-D's will in plan... he will not change what is in people's heart until they change themselves... you have Egypt and Singapore having their Miss universe pageant... trying really hard to get out of their skin... and you are right once you become something other than what you are, you'll neither be the best you nor the best of what you are trying to imitate... They are too busy, singing and dancing and what pains me is they never want to take American's technology or advancement in science or or or... they just want to take the under belly... this verse from the Quran says it all to me!
فَلَا تَهِنُوا وَتَدْعُوا إِلَى السَّلْمِ وَأَنتُمُ الْأَعْلَوْنَ وَاللَّهُ مَعَكُمْ وَلَن يَتِرَكُمْ أَعْمَالَكُمْ {35}
[Shakir 47:35] And be not slack so as to cry for peace and you have the upper hand, and Allah is with you, and He will not bring your deeds to naught.
[Yusufali 47:35] Be not weary and faint-hearted, crying for peace, when ye should be uppermost: for Allah is with you, and will never put you in loss for your (good) deeds.
[Pickthal 47:35] So do not falter and cry out for peace when ye (will be) the uppermost, and Allah is with you, and He will not grudge (the reward of) your actions.

samah12
04-02-2007, 02:51 AM
[QUOTE=.:Umniyah:.;701740]

:D :D
I know i would get the message lol. But anyway, We as Muslims arent suppose to bad mouth christians and jews anyway, whats the wisdom behind it? Because we dont want them turning around and doing the same to us. Bad mouthing someone, and simply telling them what you believe and why what they believe is incorrect to you, are two total different things...in my very humble opinon anyway.
I agree completely but there will always be some group in any society that disagrees with what you are saying. I wasn't saying if we bad mouth them. Without freedom of speach, if I were to say Jesus (pbuh) was not the son of G-d Christians could complain and it could become illegal to say this. It is just one of those issues that is so difficult because no-one really knows where to draw the line.

04-02-2007, 02:58 AM
well sister... pls don't be sad... this is G-D's will in plan... he will not change what is in people's heart until they change themselves... you have Egypt and Singapore having their Miss universe pageant... trying really hard to get out of their skin... and you are right once you become something other than what you are, you'll neither be the best you nor the best of what you are trying to imitate... They are too busy, singing and dancing and what pains me is they never want to take American's technology or advancement in science or or or... they just want to take the under belly... this verse from the Quran says it all to me!
فَلَا تَهِنُوا وَتَدْعُوا إِلَى السَّلْمِ وَأَنتُمُ الْأَعْلَوْنَ وَاللَّهُ مَعَكُمْ وَلَن يَتِرَكُمْ أَعْمَالَكُمْ {35}
[Shakir 47:35] And be not slack so as to cry for peace and you have the upper hand, and Allah is with you, and He will not bring your deeds to naught.
[Yusufali 47:35] Be not weary and faint-hearted, crying for peace, when ye should be uppermost: for Allah is with you, and will never put you in loss for your (good) deeds.
[Pickthal 47:35] So do not falter and cry out for peace when ye (will be) the uppermost, and Allah is with you, and He will not grudge (the reward of) your actions.

yeah...But how many people ponder and reflect?:cry:

04-02-2007, 02:58 AM
[QUOTE=samah12;701746]

I agree completely but there will always be some group in any society that disagrees with what you are saying. I wasn't saying if we bad mouth them. Without freedom of speach, if I were to say Jesus (pbuh) was not the son of G-d Christians could complain and it could become illegal to say this. It is just one of those issues that is so difficult because no-one really knows where to draw the line.
True, i guess thats why we have to save ourselves and our families. We just have to be the best people we can be.

Hashim_507
04-02-2007, 03:10 AM
Surah Shakir or Pickthal are unknown to me..

جوري
04-02-2007, 03:19 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmaduke_Pickthall

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullah_Yusuf_Ali

barney
04-02-2007, 03:24 AM
Since Isa is a prophet of islam, will there be the same outrage at this as the cartoons of Mohammed?

And how come there wasnt any embassys burned after monty pythons "life of brian" mocked Isa?

Hashim_507
04-02-2007, 03:26 AM
Lol i did now knew it was translators; i was confused for a a bit. I get used to reading arabic.

جوري
04-02-2007, 03:28 AM
Don't worry about it... I like marmaduke pickthall very much I saw it as an opportunity to include a somewhat deficient wikipdea article about him... I need to retire from this forum. sigh........

04-02-2007, 03:33 AM
Don't worry about it... I like marmaduke pickthall very much I saw it as an opportunity to include a somewhat deficient wikipdea article about him... I need to retire from this forum. sigh........
lol i heard that. This forum is highly addictive and moreover ive been on here all day..:-[

جوري
04-02-2007, 03:35 AM
lol i heard that. This forum is highly addictive and moreover ive been on here all day..:-[
lol... I can think of worst ways to spend a sunday... but I can also think of better....... so long as you are learning and expressing yourself it is all good... I admit I detest getting into vain discourse which more often than not ends up happening!!!

aight gnight to you my dear sisters and brothers

04-02-2007, 03:39 AM
lol... I can think of worst ways to spend a sunday... but I can also think of better....... so long as you are learning and expressing yourself it is all good... I admit I detest getting into vain discourse which more often than not ends up happening!!!

aight gnight to you my dear sisters and brothers
lol yeah iknow.

Goodnight sis:)

Malaikah
04-05-2007, 09:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Since Isa is a prophet of islam, will there be the same outrage at this as the cartoons of Mohammed?

And how come there wasnt any embassys burned after monty pythons "life of brian" mocked Isa?
To be honest, they didn't mock Isa, they mocked Jesus. Even though they are the same person, but this is meant to be the Christian version... it just seems so withdrawn from the real Jesus. Jesus didn't die, and he isn't God.

Muezzin
04-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Why all that chocolate couldn't be used to make the largest Kinder Surprise ever is anybody's guess...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.