/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I plan to find out about Islam!

borboski
04-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Hello everybody.

I was inspired by a post on Harry's Place today, at the risk of sounding inflammatory here's the link (it's about radical Islamism):
http://hurryupharry.bloghouse.net/ar...d_villains.php

The main point made is that of dialogue, and I do agree that if I personally want religions which help people be rational, fair, kind and productive then it's much better for me to talk to people than to scoff at them.

Second, I came on this site and this was the first thing I read:

Will you end up in Paradise or in Hell-Fire? Please, take note, that when you have read this message, you are considered to have legislatively been given proof and been informed of the admonition of all messengers, and after which you will not be excused by ignorance.
Cheers, guys! Threatening me with hell, eh? So not a good start, but at least honest. Certainly if I was religious the most rational and kind thing to do would be to proselytise, anyway!

So hello everyone, I'm 26, in the public service, I'm an educated liberal who so far hasn't been given any reason at all to conclude that there is anything extra-natural in the world.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
04-01-2007, 03:41 PM

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&&

welcome to the forum :)

format_quote Originally Posted by borboski

I was inspired by a post on Harry's Place today, at the risk of sounding inflammatory here's the link (it's about radical Islamism):

--- i wanted to visit this site.....access was

denied :rollseyes

[MAD].... Threatening me with hell, eh?[/MAD]

---hahahaha, there was a good news of paradise , too :statisfie ......may be u did not notice.

...there is anything extra-natural in the world.
--- can u explain more ? Do u have any specific question on Islam ? Pl. feel free to ask.

borboski
04-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Apologies, let me try the link again....

Also, when I say "educated liberal" it sounds terribly pretentious, what I basically mean is that I'm educated to degree level, I read quite a lot, explore the blogosphere, don't feel particularly driven to identify with any groups, etc., which provides a bit of content to my views.

Looking at the site, everyone seems to use very long extended signatures, and even like you, introductions. Can I ask, are these all cut-and-paste jobs, or is it more customary and good manners to have memorised this sort of introduction? Does that extend to written letters, or even verbal communication?

A-ha, if "access is denied" not because the link is faulty, here are the key paragraphs:
That radical Islam can only be fought from within Islam itself. The only ideological confrontations can and should come from within. Holy scriptures can be interpreted any way you wish. But non-moslems cannot do this. The only way to fight radical Islam is to stretch out the hand of friendship to Islamic communities and the Islamic world- there exist millions of non-radical muslims who non-muslims must reach out towards.

That there are four ways in which radical Islam can be fought:
Firstly non-radical muslims can attack with ideology
Secondly the poverty in countries such as Pakistan and Bangladesh needs to be addressed. Western governments should not put money into the pockets of dictators and corrupt monarchs. The creation of stable middle-classes in these countries should be a priority as, (and it pains me to say it) without a middle-class there is no democracy. Therefore we should ally ourselves with any government that turns against radicalism
The use of force should not be ruled out (when there is a clear target.)

But mainly we must reach out to ordinary muslims. As Bauer concludes:

“The only security we will ever achieve is by integration and not by the opposite.”

Muslim Woman
04-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Salaam/peace

--Insha Allah ( God Willing ) , i will try to visit 2moro.

Looking at the site, everyone seems to use very long extended signatures, and even like you, introductions.

----hahaha , when in a thread , i take part for the 1st time , i greet everyone with the long para u are mentioning . Later , i only write Salaam/peace.

ya , it's considered as a good manner . It's also Sunna -- deeds of Prophet Muhammed (p) to greet people.

ya , it's cut & paste in my case .....i saved it in a file :statisfie

Does that extend to written letters, or even verbal communication?

-- in Quran , God told us to say Salaam. It means the person is safe from u , u r not going to hurt him/her ; also u r wishing peace & blessings of God for the person ....not only in this world but the life hereafter.

I 've to go now...take care.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
04-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Peace be upon those who follow guidance,

Hi bro welcome to the forum,

Don't hesitate to ask any questions,

Get posting (God-willing)

May GOD guide you :D

Don't be glOoooOmy jus' SMILE!!

Woodrow
04-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Dzien dobry Borboski,

Bardzo mi milo. Czy pan mowi po polsku?

I'm a revert to Islam. I waited 65 years to accept it. I spent many years hearing all of the negative stuff. However, I have known Muslims most of my life and was aware that the negative stuff was just stereotypes.

'Abd al-Baari
04-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Peace be upon those who follow guidance

Hi bro welcome to the forum :)

Don't hesitate to ask any questions Inshallah (God willing) you will get your answers

Al_Imaan
04-01-2007, 08:02 PM
:welcome: to the forum.

The site is still forbidden.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /archives/2007/04/01/heroes_and_villains.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Peace

Welcome

Peace

Samira_01
04-02-2007, 09:43 AM
Asalamu 3leykum

welcome :)

ژاله
04-02-2007, 09:45 AM
welcome to the forum!
may you have a beneficial stay

Malaikah
04-02-2007, 10:03 AM
So hello everyone, I'm 26, in the public service, I'm an educated liberal who so far hasn't been given any reason at all to conclude that there is anything extra-natural in the world.
Hi, welcome to the forum

What does it mean to be in the public service?

Also, here is a great place to start if you want to learn about Islam: discover islam

borboski
04-02-2007, 10:28 AM
It means that you work for the state, e.g. local government, the police, the NHS, etc.

Woodrow
04-02-2007, 10:38 AM
Glad to see you back. You express your opinons quite well in your posts. Different opinions can be very healthful.

If you are not already aware of it I believe you will Like Surah 2:256 from the Qur'an:

2:256. There is no compulsion in religion. The right direction is henceforth distinct from error. And he who rejecteth false deities and believeth in Allah hath grasped a firm handhold which will never break. Allah is Hearer, Knower. Y S C

Pickthal's Quran Translation

~*MaNaL*~
04-06-2007, 06:25 AM
:sl:

:welcome: to the forums..

:w:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-06-2007, 06:33 AM
hey there!
welcome aboard mate..:)
feel free to ask anythin.
we'll help u out as much as possible.
see you!
Peace :D

north_malaysian
04-06-2007, 06:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by |)431)M1

I'm so envy with your dancing banana...:thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.