/* */

PDA

View Full Version : You'll love this people!!

England
04-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Tackling Violent Pupils

Teachers will have the right to use "reasonable force" against aggressive pupils under new Government guidelines.

Powers to confiscate mobile phones and give pupils Saturday detentions are also part of the first shake-up of school discipline in a decade.

Education Secretary Alan Johnson said the new powers will allow teachers to crack down on the "am I bovvered?" generation of unruly schoolchildren.

He claimed many disruptive youngsters take their lead from the Lauren character in The Catherine Tate Show.

But, in an interview with the Sunday Mirror, he said they could expect to be hauled back into line with new punishments, which come into law on Monday.

Advertisement

The measures, introduced under last year's Education and Inspections Act, are the first major change to teachers' guidelines on discipline for a decade.

Teachers have complained that the previous guidelines were not clear enough and it was not always clear that they had the law on their side.

Mr Johnson said: "Most kids are well-behaved in school, but we want to take action against those who are consistently rude, disruptive and disrespectful.

"They're making life miserable for teachers and spoiling it for children who do want to learn.

"Teachers now have a clear legal power to act swiftly and decisively against troublemakers.

"It means kids that step out of line can expect to be appropriately punished."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...258568,00.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
England
04-01-2007, 10:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Bring back the cane I say. That ought to teach the unruly twerps :mmokay:
It's not far off... I heard people talking about it on the radio last week. I thought they were talking about them actually bringing the cane in inevitably.

Community service would be better :)

IbnAbdulHakim
04-01-2007, 10:39 PM
lol its detention yesterday, saturday detention today, and it'll be bombing the lil buggers tomorrow ;D

...that was a joke, please dont shout :hiding:

*Hana*
04-01-2007, 10:41 PM
It's about time teachers were given more authority in the classroom. So much had been taken away from them over the past years. Parents today don't seem to want to admit "little Johnnie" is not always the little darling he appears to be and few make their kids take responsibility for bad behavior.

If they misbehave in school, the school should have the right to discipline them. Otherwise, let the parents home school their disruptive child so the others have the opportunity to learn in a calm and peaceful environment.

wa'alaikum salam,
Hana

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
England
04-01-2007, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
lol its detention yesterday, saturday detention today, and it'll be bombing the lil buggers tomorrow ;D

...that was a joke, please dont shout :hiding:
Rar! :) I don't care for these little rude boy wannabes. They'll only end up in a gang, taking/dealing drugs etc anyway. The aggressive gangsta wannabes need a good beating to be put on the right path.... the community service would be ideal.

.:Umniyah:.
04-01-2007, 11:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hana_Aku
It's about time teachers were given more authority in the classroom. So much had been taken away from them over the past years. Parents today don't seem to want to admit "little Johnnie" is not always the little darling he appears to be and few make their kids take responsibility for bad behavior.

If they misbehave in school, the school should have the right to discipline them. Otherwise, let the parents home school their disruptive child so the others have the opportunity to learn in a calm and peaceful environment.

wa'alaikum salam,
Hana
:D :D :D
WELLL SAIID! i soooooo agree with this MashaAllah.

:w:

aamirsaab
04-01-2007, 11:22 PM
:sl:
Still won't stop annoying brats from using various other tactics.

England
04-02-2007, 07:47 AM
I've heard that this includes the cane you know so apparently the CANE is in force today for next week :D :D :D :D

omar_2133
04-02-2007, 07:51 AM
This is just what we need right now - some order and discipline, especially in a day and age of today where gangs roam about the streets terrorizing people, youngsters take drugs and anti-social behaviour is rife.

Hopefully, this will be one major step into cracking down the UK's overall and general youth problem and making the generation of tommorow more law-abiding citizens.

Woodrow
04-02-2007, 08:35 AM
As people we tend to overcompensate in the opposite direction, when we try to repair our past errors. This is good thing as long as it does not swing over to the side of brutality.

Muezzin
04-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Finally some redress. It was a ridiculous situation where a victim of bullying could get into more trouble than the bully himself for retaliating. As Woodrow said, as long as teachers don't cross the line, this is a good measure.

'Abd al-Baari
04-02-2007, 10:24 AM

I don't really mind but i don't think some of my fellow students are going to like this :rollseyes :rollseyes

jzcasejz
04-02-2007, 10:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
This is good thing as long as it does not swing over to the side of brutality.
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
as long as teachers don't cross the line, this is a good measure.
Yep..Just What I Wanted To Say! :thumbs_up :)

Pk_#2
04-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Yay!! i think... :oS

England
04-02-2007, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907

I don't really mind but i don't think some of my fellow students are going to like this :rollseyes :rollseyes
Well then they're going to have to calm down, get on with their work and keep out of trouble then won't they? :D

I do hope this is the cane. It's what I've heard on the radio and other people so hopefully it's right. Anyone care to be a guinea pig?

InToTheRain
04-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Nah dont think its happening, I mean the first people they should give the right to is the parents of the children without having the social care breathing behind their necks? Why give it to the teachers first? some of them will just abuse it... well same could be said for parents ;/ bah, its aint happening...

AhlaamBella
04-02-2007, 06:49 PM
woah....I know students can be....annoying (to put it mildly) but is violence really the answer???

England
04-02-2007, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DeepOcean
woah....I know students can be....annoying (to put it mildly) but is violence really the answer???
Yes... Some of them need to be taught to be disciplined. They do it in the British army. My dad was in the army. If the troops give any lip, attitude, anything at all they get their heads kicked in. The army also forces you get in the boxing ring. It's all discipline. The same would happen in community service.

Bring back community service anyone?

siFilam
04-02-2007, 06:57 PM
:salamext:
we need this America. When I was in high school my teachers spent most of their time trying to get the students to behave instead of actually teaching their lessons. Whats worst is when the teachers called the parents, some parents would actually get mad at the teacher and support their kids. these kids had no respect for authority, so you can imagine how much they actually learned in school.

and Allah knows best whats good for us.

wasalam
-SI-

siFilam
04-02-2007, 07:01 PM
:salamext:
format_quote Originally Posted by England
Yes... Some of them need to be taught to be disciplined. They do it in the British army. My dad was in the army. If the troops give any lip, attitude, anything at all they get their heads kicked in. The army also forces you get in the boxing ring. It's all discipline. The same would happen in community service.

Bring back community service anyone?
isn't this sad and pathetic. they use proper methods of discipline in the army yet they fail to understand that schools' need for this type of discipline is even greater. our priorities are all messed up. May Allah forgive us. Ameen.

wasalam
-SI-

Darkseid
04-03-2007, 03:08 AM
Tackling Violent Pupils

Teachers will have the right to use "reasonable force" against aggressive pupils under new Government guidelines.

Powers to confiscate mobile phones and give pupils Saturday detentions are also part of the first shake-up of school discipline in a decade.

Education Secretary Alan Johnson said the new powers will allow teachers to crack down on the "am I bovvered?" generation of unruly schoolchildren.

He claimed many disruptive youngsters take their lead from the Lauren character in The Catherine Tate Show.

But, in an interview with the Sunday Mirror, he said they could expect to be hauled back into line with new punishments, which come into law on Monday.

Advertisement

The measures, introduced under last year's Education and Inspections Act, are the first major change to teachers' guidelines on discipline for a decade.

Teachers have complained that the previous guidelines were not clear enough and it was not always clear that they had the law on their side.

Mr Johnson said: "Most kids are well-behaved in school, but we want to take action against those who are consistently rude, disruptive and disrespectful.

"They're making life miserable for teachers and spoiling it for children who do want to learn.

"Teachers now have a clear legal power to act swiftly and decisively against troublemakers.

"It means kids that step out of line can expect to be appropriately punished."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...258568,00.html
That means in your country of England, right?

Hmm... not that much different than how it is in Japan.

My opinion is that it won't work. Has Japan lose the violence between teachers and students?

No... not at all. There infact was an increase in violence as a result.

So how do you decrease violence? Well you'll to stop pretending to be a child to understand.

Here are the things you must understand to not be a child and therefore be able to handel a child in the classroom. Children in the bodies of adults shouldn't even have the right to live. It is a dishonor to god, to the rest of us, to our ancestors, to the prophets, to everyone, and to everything. There is no reason nor excuse for an adult man to behave like a child in the classroom and I've seen it throughout my entire life.

Anyways here they are...

1) Take care of yourself. Being an adult period should mean you can take care of yourself on the full means of taking care of yourself. Having a job, paying your bills, buying food, cleaning up after yourself, cleaning up after other people, bathing yourself regularly, and working towards bettering yourself as a person.

2) Do not whine. Although it isn't so bad to admit it if you are to take the initiaive to insure or work towards stopping it.

3) Do not deny whining. It is better to admit whining even if you didn't, than it is to whine and not admit it.

4) Do not become angry if someone jokes you, taunts you, hits you, or angers you in any other means. Someone who can control their anger is an adult.

5) Do not stoop to the same level as someone else to get even. As an adult you shouldn't even care what they are doing as long as it doesn't endanger your life or someone else.

6) Do not deny sinning even if you did not sin. This is because true adults are not full of themselves even if being honest.

7) Do not boast your ego. As an adult you have more important things to do like taking care of yourself and keeping your ego out of your head.

8) Do not cave in when using force is necessary. What I mean by that is if you are about to be killed by someone or fearful of your life, then by all means defend thy self.

9) Show respect to your family, peers, and bosses unless they wish for to be honest with them and they do have something about them that is disrespectful.

10) Do not yell or scream at someone in the face, unless it was a death or life event. Yelling at someone is just as bad as stooping to their level and screaming is just plain out childish.

Now if you can get those things then I'll tell you what a teacher should do in the classroom.

A teacher's job is to teach. Not to give out lessons. Is a teacher just an instructor? No... An instructor instructs. A teacher teaches. So a teacher must do more than just give out lessons and demands his or her students to learn them and have them memorized by next class period or by the end of class. The teacher as to teach out those lessons so the child can learn them and memorize them by the end of class or whenever.

And what is teaching?

If you search it up online on a dictionary.

You should get the following: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/TEACH

But even those aren't the correct definitions of teachings.

What teaching really is can only be understood by watching a particular movie about a math teacher that tryies to teach children in the ghetto about mathematics and eventually brings them into studying calculus. He continues to teach them and works hard to insure that they are learning, even when he has to go to their homes and teach them and when he nearly dies from the stress of his work. That is the only way to teach. All other ways are just different forms of instructing and not truly teaching.

Teaching is like what Muhammad, Jesus, and Buddha did and that is to give out your soul, life, heart, and mind into directing the thoughts of others into understanding a specific aspect in achieving the ideal ability to achieve in life regardless of what that ability may be.

For Muhammad it was to teach the Arabs how to best serve and respect god's authority.

For that math teacher it was to teach the disprivledged students how to factor calculus problems and to pass the A.P. Calculus Exam.

What these teachers need to do is get off of their behind and make sure those needed students are able to suceed in his or her class. Moreover, those teachers need to make an attempt to understand their students on a level that is official rather than professional. That means stop watching bogus crap on TV and get to where to children live and understand what they are going through and what they have to deal with. That's probably why they may act the way they do. I mean a student that has to work at night may act out improperly and may resort to violence even if that person normally wouldn't under normal circumstances. So it is all a matter of understanding what that child has to go through and most teachers just don't care. They are too busy gulping down on their fifth lunch or chatting to their friends like teenagers.

However I will say this, electronic gadgets or whatever shouldn't be confiscated (a legal but still immoral means of stealing), they should be just tossed out the window. Hey you ain't stealing, you are helping the student to learn, and you are getting rid of those stupid phones. For goodness stakes, there usually are such things as pay phones in the school. Why does a child even need a cell phone? Toss the stupid thing out the window. Be done with it.

AhlaamBella
04-05-2007, 03:05 PM
May I ask, whatever happened to lead by example? Teacher beats kid. Kid beats smaller kid. smaller kid grows up a violent ASBO at the age of 13. It will begin an endless cycle.

England
04-05-2007, 05:16 PM
May I ask, whatever happened to lead by example? Teacher beats kid. Kid beats smaller kid. smaller kid grows up a violent ASBO at the age of 13. It will begin an endless cycle.
Kids were caned by their teachers in the past. Kids were allowed to be hit by their parents, often by their father's belts. The ASBO culture was rare back then. It disciplined people.

AhlaamBella
04-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Sure it did. And kids were outgoing, confident and happiness was blossoming everywhere right?

AhlaamBella
04-05-2007, 06:36 PM
HEAR HEAR! *clears throat* lol well said bro

Darkseid
04-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Yes that's what happen to Japan. The teachers are allow to beat up on students and as a result students beat up on other students.

What the teachers need to do is learn a little thing called, "Psychology." Understand how the mind works and use it to their advantage.

Kids were caned by their teachers in the past. Kids were allowed to be hit by their parents, often by their father's belts. The ASBO culture was rare back then. It disciplined people.
That's how you discipline a dog. Humans with their super sensitive minds have to be raised in a particular manner. Cultural manners can cross, but you still have to follow the formula.

Children learn from example, this is a fact.

The more violent you are to your children, then the more violent they become to their children. They don't become as violent, no they become more violent.

To raise a child properly listen to Allah and he'll tell you what to do.

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
I wonder how they intend to account for the gang mentality thing that goes on these days, I'd be surprised if we didn't find a kid getting together with a bunch of his pals to beat up the teacher for use of force. :p

It all comes down to parenting in my opinion, I believe parents should be playing a bigger part in equipping their kids with manners and instiling in them the appropriate sense of respect for elders and those in authority from an early age. Teachers can only do so much.
It'll be impossible to make parents realize their faults. What you need to do is to understand them and speak to them in their own "language." Then they'll listen and comply.

You actually use the same formula with children.

A mother's job is to discipline, nurture, and insure the development of the children.

A father's job is to boast the self esteem of the children and encourage them to succeed in life. Encourage them to be strong and better themselves so that society doesn't victimize them.

A simple means of discipline is to show concern. A woman is much better at that than a man. And the symbolic difference between men and women shows the results.

A man's job after concern from the mother is given is to try and boast the self confidence of the child so that he or she doesn't become depressed and therefore will enact less violently.

You never want the male to show concern or aggression to the children, because a father can so easily intimidate them. And you don't want to ever intimidate your children.

So what happens is that the mother would speak harsh (but not shouting or screaming) to the children of what they have done. The mother would then reason with them to understand what they have done as being something wrong and insure that they understand just how wrong it was. The child should then be sent to his or her room to think it over for an hour or two. The length of time granted should be equal to the seriousness of the issue and the granted seriousness the child has to his or her actions. More time is needed for less cautious-minded children. Also the mother should wait just outside the door of the child's room and the father should be monitoring outside incase you have a roof that might grant access for the child to sneak off. If you do have such a roof, then you need to close off that access anyway that you can. Because your child could just open a windom, sneak right out, then get the ground and run off. Moreover, make sure that there isn't anything in that room besides educational books that could distract him or her from the time needed to understand the act he or she did. After that period the mother should appologize for acting aggressively and try to nurture the child's feelings. Try to help the child cry out the pain (preferably if the child is a girl) or to calm down from feeling anger toward's one self (preferably if the child is a boy).

Arrangements should be made within the week by the father to spend time with the child to understand the situation and make progress to boast the child's self esteem. It is important that the child understands that this event does not mean the end of the world and that the child can still make up for what was done and better him or herself as a human being. THat above anything else must be done and it is what makes fathers more important parental figures upon the psychological growth of the child. Mothers have their place to and they are important on helping the child understand what they did was wrong. But without boasting their self-esteem they may try again just to get attention, because they still fell unsure about themselves and probably don't feel like they ammount to anything.

If you give the child choires for punishment then the child will just ignore the responsibility of what took place. If you give the child physical punishment then the child may desire to use that physical force onto someone else, preferably you in a very psychotic fashion. (THat's why you don't raise a human as though he or she was a dog). Humans are great at retaliation and ignorance so don't push it. If you try to ignore the responsibility as an adult, then you could very well have a potential serial killer for a son or dauther as they become an adult like that one in the United States that killed and ate his victims.

AhlaamBella
04-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Exactly!! But some people believe the answer is violence.

England
04-05-2007, 09:03 PM
PUNISHMENT is the answer. My 19 yr old sister is an example. Community service needs to be brought in. In the community service they do use violence against people with big mouths, cocky people. It does work. You can't go soft on them otherwise they'll take advantage.

AhlaamBella
04-05-2007, 09:05 PM
no one is telling anyone to be soft. But beating the life out of them is just stupid.

England
04-05-2007, 09:09 PM
no one is telling anyone to be soft. But beating the life out of them is just stupid.
Beating the life out of them? What on earth...? Stop twisting the comments. Smacking someone on the back of the hands with a cane is hardly "beating the life out of them." In the community service you wouldn't get the life beaten out of you but it would be alot rougher than the school system. You'd just end up with a few bruises but that's what our soldiers have to endure so why not?

AhlaamBella
04-06-2007, 11:02 AM
*mutters* No one is asking to be a soldier.
If you were a young child. Did something wrong -as we ALL do because we are human!- the this big grown snaps a cane making your hands red raw. (and don't say they don't go red raw, I'm not that ignorant.) How would you feel?

ummAbdillah
04-06-2007, 11:15 AM
salaam
i don't think smacking students will earn teachers any respect,
I think that parents should decipline their children not teachers,
the role of teachers is to teach.
wa salaam

AhlaamBella
04-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Well said sis. Kids think teachers are too controlling as it is

England
04-07-2007, 12:25 AM
*mutters* No one is asking to be a soldier.
If you were a young child. Did something wrong -as we ALL do because we are human!- the this big grown snaps a cane making your hands red raw. (and don't say they don't go red raw, I'm not that ignorant.) How would you feel?
I couldn't care less if their hands go red raw. It beats having their faces smashed in.

AhlaamBella
04-07-2007, 12:36 PM
*rolls eyes* i said how would YOU feel if it was you. Or let me guess, you would NEVER do anything wrong, right?

Muezzin
04-07-2007, 03:12 PM
It's a matter of degree. If a kid is really pushing it, then a smack can be more humiliating than anything. I'm not saying you should smack kids, mind you, I'm just saying it does work provided it's used correctly. My own personal view with really disruptive students is to just send them out of the room. They don't want to learn, fine, don't ruin it for the entire class. I'd also try to arrange a meeting with them and their parents, not to tell the kid off necessarily, but just to find out why they're acting the way they are, and see if anything can be done to solve the problem in the long run. If you shout at the really bad troublemakers, they just shout back, everyone gets stressed, and the problem is not solved. You have to keep your composure without being a pushover.

It's also worth bearing in mind that if you smack a kid, no, anyone, you can't complain when that person tries to smack you back.

AhlaamBella
04-07-2007, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
It's a matter of degree. If a kid is really pushing it, then a smack can be more humiliating than anything. I'm not saying you should smack kids, mind you, I'm just saying it does work provided it's used correctly. My own personal view with really disruptive students is to just send them out of the room. They don't want to learn, fine, don't ruin it for the entire class. I'd also try to arrange a meeting with them and their parents, not to tell the kid off necessarily, but just to find out why they're acting the way they are, and see if anything can be done to solve the problem in the long run. If you shout at the really bad troublemakers, they just shout back, everyone gets stressed, and the problem is not solved. You have to keep your composure without being a pushover.

It's also worth bearing in mind that if you smack a kid, no, anyone, you can't complain when that person tries to smack you back.

JazakAllah Kheir :thumbs_up

mahdisoldier19
04-08-2007, 07:31 AM
This problem in Afghanistan never existed!

Students loved to learn, now let me guess someone will say "Oh they had no schools for women or children in Afghanistan" Ok your lieing, simple. If you had been to Afghanistan ( i have ) i saw women facilities and faculty of medicine taught by women in Kandahar!

England
04-08-2007, 07:31 AM
*rolls eyes* i said how would YOU feel if it was you. Or let me guess, you would NEVER do anything wrong, right?
It would encourage me to behave, to learn and work hard so that I don't get caned. I'm not going to say that I would love to get caned but it would definately work. But I myself never have needed the cane :)

AhlaamBella
04-10-2007, 07:59 PM
why am i not suprised? Check out NSPCC reports and articles. You'll soon see the point I'm trying to make.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.