/* */

PDA

View Full Version : East or the West?

anis_z24
04-02-2007, 02:24 AM
AA

I would like to remind all those papers and media headlines
that the earth is a sphere.
ye know when they say East or West like the the world is flat and East and West are the to sides who are at war.

They are provoking conflictiong feeling among people. They are blind people so that the world as a whole is forgotten and instead people only know East and West.

The "invisible barrier" if you want to call it. It is sad, terrible, destructive and its killing us along with our senses.

What should we do?

WA

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khan-Ghalgha
04-02-2007, 07:22 AM
Unite and fight back, if you ask me

wilberhum
04-02-2007, 07:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khan-Ghalgha
Who should unite and what should they fight? :?
Is this just another one of your hate messages? :raging:

Khan-Ghalgha
04-02-2007, 07:38 AM
Dude get of my back, why would you care what I think that much anyway? This message is intended for muslims, just relax:D I don't do hate messages:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
omar_2133
04-02-2007, 07:42 AM
Then what other political name do you think they should use to refer to Europe and America (i.e. generally first wiorld countries) as collectively on one side, and the Middle East, South & East & South East Asia (i.e. generally third world countries, with the exception of Australia and New Zealand) as on the other?

Muezzin
04-02-2007, 10:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Who should unite
Humanity.

and what should they fight? :?
The Martians.

Keltoi
04-02-2007, 01:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Humanity.

The Martians.
You've bought into the government conspiracy. Everyone knows the real enemy in our galaxy calls Jupiter home.

MTAFFI
04-02-2007, 01:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Everyone knows the real enemy in our galaxy calls Jupiter home.
Maybe but I heard they hail from Nebulan 7, cant hate them all though, I mean they did give us the xbox 360, ps3 and the WII (I think it is a conspiracy to control our childrens minds!!!!!!) AHHHHH!

Oh and I almost forgot Bill Gates! LOL

Keltoi
04-02-2007, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
Maybe but I heard they hail from Nebulan 7, cant hate them all though, I mean they did give us the xbox 360, ps3 and the WII (I think it is a conspiracy to control our childrens minds!!!!!!) AHHHHH!

Oh and I almost forgot Bill Gates! LOL
Notice that all the planets are named after Greek gods? Coincidence? I think not, there is obviously some group out there promoting Greek polytheism.

AvarAllahNoor
04-02-2007, 02:00 PM
I prefer the South...

MTAFFI
04-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Notice that all the planets are named after Greek gods? Coincidence? I think not, there is obviously some group out there promoting Greek polytheism.
Its NASA, I thought that was common knowledge :D

Keltoi
04-02-2007, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
I prefer the South...
I take it you don't mean Alabama?

AvarAllahNoor
04-02-2007, 02:06 PM
I take it you don't mean Alabama?
Where the skies are so blue...? :D

MTAFFI
04-02-2007, 02:16 PM
Where the skies are so blue...? :D
They are a little more blue in Carolina....j/k :D

AvarAllahNoor
04-02-2007, 02:20 PM
They are a little more blue in Carolina....j/k :D
In Birmingham they love the governor...

*Wonders if people get it*

Muezzin
04-02-2007, 09:22 PM
Oh dear. I've started a chain of off-topic posts. But that should be enough levity for this thread, don't you think? Let's discuss the first post :)

Woodrow
04-02-2007, 09:36 PM
East is that way ------->

West is this way <-------

Don't go this way <----->

That is my limit of geography. Now historicaly Conquest has always been from the East to the west and from the North to the South. We have now circumvented the globe and we have no further lands to expand into. The result is we are all going to have to learn to play in this play pen and stop stealing the little kid's toys.

Right now we do not seem to be doing a very good job.

AvarAllahNoor
04-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Woodrow the next way is ^^ UP!

Woodrow
04-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Woodrow the next way is ^^ UP!
That is the route we all need to learn to take. The alternatives do not look very bright.

snakelegs
04-02-2007, 11:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
East is that way ------->

West is this way <-------

Don't go this way <----->

That is my limit of geography. Now historicaly Conquest has always been from the East to the west and from the North to the South. We have now circumvented the globe and we have no further lands to expand into. The result is we are all going to have to learn to play in this play pen and stop stealing the little kid's toys.

Right now we do not seem to be doing a very good job.
well said.
some believe that humans are evolving in to some kind of higher consciousness.
i am not one of them

Darkseid
04-03-2007, 03:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anis_z24
AA

I would like to remind all those papers and media headlines
that the earth is a sphere.
ye know when they say East or West like the the world is flat and East and West are the to sides who are at war.

They are provoking conflictiong feeling among people. They are blind people so that the world as a whole is forgotten and instead people pnly know East and West.

The "invisible barrier" if you want to call it. It sad, terrible, destructive and its killing us along with our senses.

What should we do?

WA

Did you know that the actual North Pole is the South Pole and the actual South Pole is the North Pole.

Basically that measn Antartica is the actual most Northern continent and when you look at a globe you are always looking at it upside down like how you see things in a womb.

It also would make the East and West be opposite of what they truly are. That makes the Western Hemisphere to be the Eastern Hemisphere and the Eastern Hemisphere the Western Hemisphere.

Tops-turby is how true reality is from the reality of man.

Woodrow
04-03-2007, 03:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Darkseid
Did you know that the actual North Pole is the South Pole and the actual South Pole is the North Pole.

Basically that measn Antartica is the actual most Northern continent and when you look at a globe you are always looking at it upside down like how you see things in a womb.

It also would make the East and West be opposite of what they truly are. That makes the Western Hemisphere to be the Eastern Hemisphere and the Eastern Hemisphere the Western Hemisphere.

that is based upon physics in the sense that the north pole on a magnet points north and since like pole repel that means the Earths North pole is a magnetic south pole.(More likely magnetism was misunderstood and the proper names for the compass should have been North Seeking Pole and not north pole)

the names really are of no importance and relative only to the observer. as long as all people agree on a name it is the valid name for navigational purposes. Maybe we should have named the poles X and Y and be politically correct.

OOOps, they do that on graph paper, the names are taken.

barney
04-03-2007, 04:04 AM
I was , rather coincidentally, thinking about this earlier. Lets say there was a big super intersteller race that decided to come over and give earth a good hiding. Would The West and The ummah unite to fight 'em or would we try to convince them to help us in our hatred of each other?

snakelegs
04-03-2007, 04:06 AM
maybe we would all sit there scratching our heads and wondering what to do next.

barney
04-03-2007, 04:29 AM
Escpecially if they say to us, "Hey, we colonised your planet 6000 years ago, sorry we had to leave, ahh well, were back now..your long lost ancestors....Hows it going? What do you guys do for religion?"

wilberhum
04-04-2007, 02:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Escpecially if they say to us, "Hey, we colonised your planet 6000 years ago, sorry we had to leave, ahh well, were back now..your long lost ancestors....Hows it going? What do you guys do for religion?"
You forgot the most important point.
You are on my "Homeland". I was here before you, so now you have to leave. :skeleton:

guyabano
04-04-2007, 07:47 AM
Fight back with what? Suicide bombers and other coward actions ? Man, grow up and get a life !

We all want peace on earth. There are other problems arising which are more important, like global warming.

Camomilla
04-04-2007, 07:52 AM
this is interesting!

north_malaysian
04-04-2007, 08:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
The Martians.
I thought it's only me that love to mention "the martians" as an answer :okay:

Khan-Ghalgha
04-04-2007, 01:50 PM
ight back with what? Suicide bombers and other coward actions ? Man, grow up and get a life !

We all want peace on earth. There are other problems arising which are more important, like global warming.
If we unite I don't think we will need to do suicide bombings, suicide bombings are stupid if you ask me, it's much more efficient to bomb and stay alive to bomb another day, don't you think? I like more something like cutting oil supplies to consumer countries, see how they will pull through the winter.

MTAFFI
04-04-2007, 02:07 PM
If we unite I don't think we will need to do suicide bombings, suicide bombings are stupid if you ask me, it's much more efficient to bomb and stay alive to bomb another day, don't you think? I like more something like cutting oil supplies to consumer countries, see how they will pull through the winter.
Consumer countries like the US or Europe, go ahead cut the US's we get ours from venezuela, canada and mexico anyways, not only that but see how well the mideast "pulls through the winter" without that income

Woodrow
04-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Consumer countries like the US or Europe, go ahead cut the US's we get ours from venezuela, canada and mexico anyways, not only that but see how well the mideast "pulls through the winter" without that income
At the moment the majority of the imported oil for the US comes from Canada, Mid eastern oil purchases for the US are small.

Where do we get oil from?

Crude Oil Imports (Top 15 Countries)
(Thousand Barrels per Day)
Country Jan-07 Dec-06 YTD 2007 Jan-06 Jan - Jan 2006
CANADA 1,856 1,829 1,856 1,768 1,768
SAUDI ARABIA 1,559 1,471 1,559 1,335 1,335
MEXICO 1,435 1,245 1,435 1,701 1,701
NIGERIA 1,106 1,010 1,106 1,133 1,133
VENEZUELA 955 1,045 955 1,228 1,228
ANGOLA 553 610 553 420 420
ALGERIA 548 421 548 235 235
IRAQ 531 419 531 532 532
ECUADOR 269 254 269 373 373
BRAZIL 204 130 204 61 61
KUWAIT 172 163 172 73 73
COLOMBIA 137 74 137 169 169
EQUATORIAL GUINEA 136 48 136 86 86
AZERBAIJAN 86 68 86 0 0
CHAD 70 114 70 74 74
Source: http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/p...nt/import.html

guyabano
04-04-2007, 04:21 PM
I heat with gas ! :D .. and this comes from Russia or North Europe

and also, cars can be changed to LPG gas, so they can cut off the oil. They will just harm themselves. tell that to the Saudis to cut off the oil and tell them, they must exchange their ferrari against a bicycle. Oh, thats going to be fun !

anis_z24
04-04-2007, 11:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Darkseid

AA
ye I knew that
its just that with all the media talking trash
they send a contaminated message of the east or west.

anyone know about the enlightenment era. thats also trash
and this era links very well with the enlightenment cause both have got the authority telling people that they are doing things for the good of the people.
and thats really whats behind my question. is not the physical east or west but the invisible barrier.

hope you see.
WA

anis_z24
04-04-2007, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
I was , rather coincidentally, thinking about this earlier. Lets say there was a big super intersteller race that decided to come over and give earth a good hiding. Would The West and The ummah unite to fight 'em or would we try to convince them to help us in our hatred of each other?

AA

have you seen war of the worlds.?.

same idea.

but eee.....
there are deeper ideas in the movie.

WA

Pygoscelis
04-06-2007, 11:51 AM
The west and the east can fight fight fight. It only distracts us all from the nefarious plot of the far south, as the Antarcticans train their rabid suicide attack penguins to destroy us all. THE BEAK! OH NO! THE BEAK! RUUUN!

Keltoi
04-06-2007, 12:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
The west and the east can fight fight fight. It only distracts us all from the nefarious plot of the far south, as the Antarcticans train their rabid suicide attack penguins to destroy us all. THE BEAK! OH NO! THE BEAK! RUUUN!
East vs. West just sounds better. Rolls off the tongue better than West vs. South or North vs. Northeast.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.