/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need a real Rabbi's statement that Muslims are following Noahide Laws

Philosopher
04-02-2007, 04:39 AM
Can any Jew post me a link from an authoritative figure?

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
back_to_faith
04-02-2007, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Philosopher

Thanks.
http://judaism.about.com/library/3_a...bl_noahide.htm

NoName55
04-02-2007, 09:54 PM
:sl:
http://www.askmoses.com/article.html?h=541&o=387
by Rabbi Yosef Kantor
Seven Laws:
1. Not to worship idols.
2. Not to blaspheme.
3. Not to murder.
4. Not to steal.
5. Not to be involved in illicit sexual behavior (adultery, incest, homosexuality, etc.).
6. Not to eat the limb of a living creature [not to be cruel to animals].
7. To establish courts of justice to enforce these laws.

Aside for these commandments, a non-Jew may choose to enhance his relationship with G-d by observing any of the 613 mitzvot. There are, however, certain mitzvot which a non-Jew is not supposed to observe: observing the Shabbat or Jewish holidays; studying parts of the Torah which do not apply to the Noachide’s service of G-d; writing a Torah scroll, Tefillin or Mezuzah; wearing Tefillin; affixing a mezuzah.
For more information, visit the following sites:
http://www.asknoah.org
http://noahide.org
:w:

snakelegs
04-02-2007, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
the jews have gone in to deep freeze mode. (it's passover).
i would like to ask our in-house rabbi -
why is it forbidden for a non-jew to observe shabbos or jewish festivals?
what parts of the torah is a non-jew not supposed to study?
how does a non-jew comply with law #7?
thanks!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
NoName55
04-02-2007, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
the jews have gone in to deep freeze mode. (it's passover).
i would like to ask our in-house rabbi -
why is it forbidden for a non-jew to observe shabbos or jewish festivals?
what parts of the torah is a non-jew not supposed to study?
how does a non-jew comply with law #7?
thanks!
I think our in-house brother only comes in every now and again and mainly cocentrates on his original thread so he may or may not see this question here, wa Allah Aalim wa salam alaika

ManchesterFolk
04-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Most likely the Jews will be back on weddnesday, when they are aloud on the comp again.

Muezzin
04-02-2007, 10:14 PM
What are 'Noahide Laws'?

The first word gave my ignorant mind's eye vague images of cows in a boat.

snakelegs
04-02-2007, 10:50 PM
well, since the jews are in hibernating mode -
they believe that you don't need to be a jew to go to heaven, which is very different from the position of islam and christianity. but you have to abide by these 7 laws. i'm not sure why they are named after noah.
jews have to obey 613! (so non-jews are better off). :D

snakelegs
04-02-2007, 11:11 PM
for a lot more info check this thread by lavikor.
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...faith-g-d.html

lavikor201
04-04-2007, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Philosopher

Thanks.
Depends who you ask.

Many Rabbi's say that the Muslims must actually do the laws because the Torah says it, not the Quran, many Rabbi's say no, they do not need to follow the laws and know what they are doing.

The Majority say Islam practiced by followers who will not prevent Jews from following the 613 laws prescribed to them are noahides and will be granted a place in heaven.

rebelishaulman
04-05-2007, 01:19 AM
possible connection between the Qur'an 17:22-36 and Noahide law might be:
  1. Qur'an 17:22 — Prohibition of Idolatry #1
  2. Qur'an 17:23 — Prohibition of Blasphemy #2
  3. Qur'an 17:32 — Prohibition of Sexual Immorality #4
  4. Qur'an 17:33 — Prohibition of Homicide #3
  5. Qur'an 17:34 — Prohibition of Theft #5
  6. Qur'an 17:35 — Imperative of Legal System #7
  7. Qur'an 17:36 — Prohibition of Limb of a Living Creature #6??? (although the last is specifically mentioned by the Qur'an 2:173; 5:3)

north_malaysian
04-05-2007, 04:55 AM
How about the Druze Muslims who believe in reincarnation... would they go to heaven too...

lavikor201
04-05-2007, 12:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
How about the Druze Muslims who believe in reincarnation... would they go to heaven too...
Judaism believes in reincarnation. Very few Rabbi's oppose it. Sometimes, before you are able to advance to the world to come, you still have not learned enough or accomplished something here on earth that the cleansing process in hell cannot replace before you go to heaven.

north_malaysian
04-06-2007, 03:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
Judaism believes in reincarnation. Very few Rabbi's oppose it. Sometimes, before you are able to advance to the world to come, you still have not learned enough or accomplished something here on earth that the cleansing process in hell cannot replace before you go to heaven.
So jews believe that they woud be born again as someone else after die?

Malaikah
04-06-2007, 04:04 AM
Judaism believes in reincarnation.
Umm.. I think he means reincarnation as in, you die and are born again as a different human in planet earth, not in the next life.

north_malaysian
04-06-2007, 04:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Umm.. I think he means reincarnation as in, you die and are born again as a different human in planet earth, not in the next life.
yupp... because the Druzes believe that Caliph Al Hakim is an incarnation of God.

King David
04-06-2007, 08:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
yupp... because the Druzes believe that Caliph Al Hakim is an incarnation of God.
The druze faith is secrative because of the persecution they encounterd!
So how do you exactly know wat they believe? Or do you take your information from their persecutors?!
I have a druzefriend here in Israel he told me that they are strictly monotheistic.

lavikor201
04-06-2007, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by King David
So how do you exactly know wat they believe? Or do you take your information from their persecutors?!
I have a druzefriend here in Israel he told me that they are strictly monotheistic.
Hindu's and Buddhists have said they are not worshiping idols either, so at some point you have to look at the overall picture. Just like Christians who say they are monotheists, but have three gods, which is very confusing and I still do not get.

I think the Druze follow the Noahide laws though.

In January 2004, the spiritual leader of the Druze community in Israel, Shaykh Mowafak Tarif, signed a declaration calling on all non-Jews in Israel to observe the Seven Noahide Laws as laid down in the Bible and expounded upon in Jewish tradition. The mayor of the Galilean city of Shfaram also signed the document. The declaration includes the commitment to make a "...better humane world based on the Seven Noahide Commandments and the values they represent commanded by the Creator to all mankind through Moses on Mount Sinai."

Support for the spread of the Seven Noahide Commandments by the Druze leaders reflects the biblical narrative itself. The Druze community reveres the non-Jewish father-in-law of Moses, Jethro, whom Muslims call Shuˤayb. According to the biblical narrative, Jethro joined and assisted the Jewish people in the desert during the Exodus, accepted monotheism, but ultimately rejoined his own people. In fact, the tomb of Jethro near Tiberias is the most important religious site for the Druze community. It has been claimed that the Druze are actually descendents of Jethro.

north_malaysian
04-07-2007, 02:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by King David
I have to admit that the "incarnation" thingy is taken from non-Druze sources...

And admit that their religion is actually being practicing by the "uqqal" which is secretive even to the majority of them, the "juhhal"

Before, many Muslims claim that Druze are non Muslims.

But last year I've seen a documentary on Al Jazeera, the Druzes uqqal themselves considered that they're muslims, and they even show that the Druze teach their kids to read the Muqaddam (Final Chapter of Holy Koran).

I think we need a Druze here... to tell the truth..

Sunnih
05-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Depends who you ask.

Many Rabbi's say that the Muslims must actually do the laws because the Torah says it, not the Quran, many Rabbi's say no, they do not need to follow the laws and know what they are doing.

The Majority say Islam practiced by followers who will not prevent Jews from following the 613 laws prescribed to them are noahides and will be granted a place in heaven.
However, I do not think (this is my understanding) that they say that they will remain in heaven eternally though. Entrance does not mean unrestricted stay. Also their entrance in heaven that the Jews seem to affirm for muslims at least seems inferior to that of the Jews and also does not mean forever. Can you elaborate on that please?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.