/* */

PDA

View Full Version : help me find stuff to wear pleeease

Medina83
04-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Salam sisters,
I need your help seriously, I'm getting desperate

I am a revert so trying to find better clothing, more suitable for a muslima.

Ok here are my problemos:

1) I live in Ireland and there are absolutely NO Islamic clothing stores here
2) I've looked around regular shops at best the clothes barely meet our requirements
3) I bought some stuff from www.shukr.co.uk but honestly I think their stuff is very expensive, I bought 4 tops and that was 160 sterling which is like over 200 euro for me and a lot for 4 items.
4) Because I'm buying online I still have to use my credit card with which I'm paying Riba :enough!:
5)I work in an office for a multinational so I require smart clothing as well as being modest, (in other words I'm not going to wear an abaya to work)
6) Its getting warmer and I'm still wearing Polonecks any suggestions for lighter clothing?

Ok if you have any advice great, ultimately what i'm looking for are websites I can buy from. I've trawled ebay and the net and very little modern smart clothing can I find.

Please help!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
04-02-2007, 11:29 PM
http://www.maraboonline.com/collection.php

http://www.shukronline.com/

http://ejilbab.com/category~categoryID~18.html

http://www.anja.ca/

http://www.rebirthofchic.com/home

I have just one Q... how is using your credit card riba if you are paying it all on time? I mean how is it different than using a check? you can use your debit card instead of credit card if you feel badly about using a credit card....I am sorry that I didn't read the entire post it seems one of those shops is unsuitable as you have already shopped there... to be honest when all else fails try Anntaylorloft.com
http://anntaylorloft.com/atlShowCate...Section_Id=260

Also J jill is modest and chic
http://www.jjill.com/
they have some pretty nice modest clothes ...
http://www.modestclothes.com/trendy/...-clothing.html

:w:

snakelegs
04-02-2007, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Medina83
4) Because I'm buying online I still have to use my credit card with which I'm paying Riba :enough!:
i'm not sure, because i've never had a credit card, but i think if you are very careful about always paying it off right away, you don't run in to the interest problem. (i'm sure they hate that!).

Medina83
04-03-2007, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the website suggestions :statisfie

The problem with the credit card is i've a massive balance (from before I reverted) and I can't possibly afford to pay it all off yet. And I don't have a debit card, the ones they issue in Ireland are not usable on non-Irish websites. Its called Laser.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
snakelegs
04-03-2007, 08:18 AM
well then, yes - it is a problem.
good luck to you. it's not so easy when you're somewhat isolated - there probably aren't a whole lot of muslims in ireland.

Muslim Woman
04-03-2007, 08:46 AM

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&

Salam sisters,

Please help!!
--welcome to Islam , sis.

May Allah ease the matters for u.

do u have any mosque in the city ? May be , u can call there & take some help ?

Don't know if dress will be availble in the following places ...u may try ...best of luck , sis :D

http://www.nccri.ie/cdsu-religions.html#1

In September 1996 the Islamic Cultural Centre of Ireland at Clonskeagh, Dublin 14 was opened.

The Islamic Cultural Centre offers facilities for daily prayers and religious celebrations and for education and the general welfare of the community including a Muslim National School, a library, a shop and a restaurant.

Both the Centres at South Circular Road and at Clonskeagh contribute to breaking down barriers and encouraging mutual understanding between Muslims and the Irish public.

Contact us

Help Line or Ordering by Phone: US/CA (800) 471-6023 Europe / World +353-766709552

Contact Details:

liveIreland Shop C/O Isis Communications.

Phone: US/CA (800) 471-6023 Europe / World +353-766709552 Address: PO Box 200 Dublin 1, Ireland. (Goods)

PO Box 200 Dublin 1, Ireland. (admin). email: eire@liveireland.com.
You can send a message to us using the form below. We will reply as soon as possible!

Medina83
04-03-2007, 08:49 AM
Yes there is a mosque here elhamdulillah

I went there on friday for Jummah prayer (and it was my first congregational prayer also) and the women all looked at me funny. I don't know why but I've feeling its because I'm not of an arabic ethnicity...but anyway I felt like I had five heads or something, it was not a pleasant experience :cry:

Medina83
04-03-2007, 08:52 AM
By the way jazak Allah for your kind words all of you, may God reward you all with goodness

Muslim Woman
04-03-2007, 08:57 AM

Salaam/peace ,

I went there on friday for Jummah prayer (and it was my first congregational prayer also) and the women all looked at me funny. I don't know why but I've feeling its because I'm not of an arabic ethnicity...but anyway I felt like I had five heads or something, it was not a pleasant experience :cry:

--i m so sorry sis :cry:

most Muslims are non-Arabs. I guess , sometimes born Muslims find it hard to believe that after so much hostile media propaganda , still western women are embracing Islam. So , they look stragely at the reverts.

have patinece pl. with born Muslims ....we have so many faults .....bear with us :D Jazak Allah

Medina83
04-03-2007, 09:01 AM
I'm many faults myself , maybe I was just wearing hijab all wrong or something :)

Hopefully inshaAllah, i'll find a friend

Snowflake
04-03-2007, 09:36 AM
You can wear any clothing, as long as it's loose and not transparent sis. For some reason jilbabs are so expensive. Around £35 each, or more!

Do you have Sainsbury's in Ireland? They do some lovely great quality tunics (£20) and long skirts at reasonable prices. (Sorry, they don't seem to have the clothing range on their website though.)

Evans have got some skirts you might like (below) but the sizes start from 16+.

Here are some of their items: Black Jersey Skirt £15.00

Grey Check Skirt Now £15.00

Linen Blend Skirt £20.00

http://www.evans.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...goriesDisplay?

Or if you can sew, make your own. I find the paper patterns so tricky. So buy a cheap second hand item. Unstitch it and use as a template. If you can't sew then why not learn? It will be the best investment you'll have ever made. :thumbs_up

AhlaamBella
04-03-2007, 11:21 AM
the jilbabs at hijabshop.com are amazing!

S_87
04-03-2007, 02:53 PM
:sl:

this site has many links
http://www.modernmuslima.com/clothiers.htm

aslo for modest clothing, theres many skirts available in uk stores (im guessing ireland would be the same) ?

جوري
04-03-2007, 03:23 PM
http://www.hayaclothing.com/c-2-skirts.aspx

P.S: people who look at you funny no matter who they are, are just not nice... there are many Hadiths by Prophet Momhammed PBUH which I can't find at this very moment-- but its moral is (Let no women mock other women, lest they be better than them)-- if you felt they were being condescending toward you-- perhaps you can ask them why they are staring? and remind them of the hadiths of prophet Mohammed PBUH ..

fi aman illah dear sister

Muslim Woman
04-03-2007, 03:41 PM

Salaam/peace;

format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
... moral is (Let no women mock other women, lest they be better than them)--
-----it's a verse from Quran .....don't remember the name of the chapter......Ahzab ???

perhaps you can ask them why they are staring?

---may be they were wondering how a revert sis is wearng hijab so beautifully :p

iqbal_soofi
04-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Salam sisters,

I am a revert so trying to find better clothing, more suitable for a muslima.

Ok here are my problemos:

1) I live in Ireland and there are absolutely NO Islamic clothing stores here
2) I've looked around regular shops at best the clothes barely meet our requirements
3) I bought some stuff from www.shukr.co.uk but honestly I think their stuff is very expensive, I bought 4 tops and that was 160 sterling which is like over 200 euro for me and a lot for 4 items.
5)I work in an office for a multinational so I require smart clothing as well as being modest, (in other words I'm not going to wear an abaya to work)
6) Its getting warmer and I'm still wearing Polonecks any suggestions for lighter clothing?

Ok if you have any advice great, ultimately what i'm looking for are websites I can buy from. I've trawled ebay and the net and very little modern smart clothing can I find.

Please help!!

You can wear anything according to the time or ocassion, and the place or venue. Try to respect the general norms and customs of the good people of the country in which you live. Avoid any kind of extremes. Don't try to look too much flameboyant or too much conservative. Be moderate, cool and graceful.

Maimunah
04-03-2007, 03:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi
You can wear anything according to the time or ocassion, and the place or venue. Try to respect the general norms and customs of the good people of the country in which you live. Avoid any kind of extremes. Don't try to look too much flameboyant or too much conservative. Be moderate, cool and graceful.

what do u mean by that plz:

جوري
04-03-2007, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

Salaam/peace;

-----it's a verse from Quran .....don't remember the name of the chapter......Ahzab ???

---may be they were wondering how a revert sis is wearng hijab so beautifully :p
You are so very right dear sister-- thank you..

here is the verse Al Hujrat

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا يَسْخَرْ قَومٌ مِّن قَوْمٍ عَسَى أَن يَكُونُوا خَيْرًا مِّنْهُمْ وَلَا نِسَاء مِّن نِّسَاء عَسَى أَن يَكُنَّ خَيْرًا مِّنْهُنَّ وَلَا تَلْمِزُوا أَنفُسَكُمْ وَلَا تَنَابَزُوا بِالْأَلْقَابِ بِئْسَ الاِسْمُ الْفُسُوقُ بَعْدَ الْإِيمَانِ وَمَن لَّمْ يَتُبْ فَأُوْلَئِكَ هُمُ الظَّالِمُونَ {11}
[Pickthal 49:11] O ye who believe! Let not a folk deride a folk who may be better than they (are), not let women (deride) women who may be better than they are; neither defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. Bad is the name of lewdness after faith. And whoso turneth not in repentance, such are evil-doers.

iqbal_soofi
04-03-2007, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ruwaydah

what do u mean by that plz:

Don't go to the extremes. Don't look like a joker or an arrogant dumb who doesn't respect the feelings of the general public. The way you dress shows that how much respect you've for your own ideas or your own ideology but it also shows that how much regard or respect you've for others.

- Qatada -
04-03-2007, 04:40 PM
:salamext:

Bro iqbaal ^ is there any proof from the Qur'an and Sunnah for that? Or is that your personal opinion?

Abdul-Raouf
04-03-2007, 04:42 PM

But never worry sister.... to ALLAH you look great than them.... since u have reverted... :thumbs_up

For a revert ALLAH rewards double always... u r lucky always..

iqbal_soofi
04-03-2007, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Bro iqbaal ^ is there any proof from the Qur'an and Sunnah for that? Or is that your personal opinion?
There's no mention of any specific dress in Quran or Hadith. However, there're plenty of hadith that Muslims should be moderate in their lifestyle.

I don't think Quran and Sunnah suggest the Muslims to wear either distinct or outdated dresses. We should avoid looking like abnormal people. When I say that Muslims should dress up decently according to the time and place, then I don't think I'm crossing Quran and Sunnah. For example when you're attending a ceremony in winter, then you could wear long and warm clothers, but when you're working in your farms and fields in summer, then you would need to wear some short and light clothers. But if somebody suggests to wear an abnormal dress which is not according to the ocassion or the venue and then brings ones self made interpretations of Quran and hadith to support his personal opinion, then he's only fooling himself or some other fools.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Covering ourself how we should is outdated and abnormal? What planet are you from brother? Why should we as Muslims care what others think? If she wants to dress as modestly as she pleases, its her decision.

When I say that Muslims should dress up decently according to the time and place, then I don't think I'm crossing Quran and Sunnah. For example when you're attending a ceremony in winter, then you could wear long and warm clothers, but when you're working in your farms and fields in summer, then you would need to wear some short and light clothers.
Am I seriously reading this right now? Wear short clothes? If thats not contradicting, then I dont know what is.

strider
04-03-2007, 05:53 PM
Maybe he meant short as in opposed to long flowing dressing that you are more likely to find a hassle in the hot weather?

You can still be stylish and modest at the same time.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Its her choice of how modest she wants to be. I dont see why anyone should be telling her how one should be modest, when shes already willing to cover up? The whole point of covering is not to attract.

iqbal_soofi
04-03-2007, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy
Covering ourself how we should is outdated and abnormal? What planet are you from brother? Why should we as Muslims care what others think? If she wants to dress as modestly as she pleases, its her decision.
OK I agree. Everyone should dress up the way as one pleases.

And that's the best way to live up.

Am I seriously reading this right now? Wear short clothes? If thats not contradicting, then I dont know what is.
What contradtion? You mean one should always wear long dress even while working in farms and fields? Looks like you never worked in your life. Maybe you're a religious scholar who lives on other people's work. That's why you talk idealism. Do something useful man. Talking is easy. Anybody can give any advice to others when one's doesn't know what problems others are facing. Come out of this idealism and start talking like practical people.

siFilam
04-03-2007, 09:28 PM

What contradtion? You mean one should always wear long dress even while working in farms and fields? Looks like you never worked in your life. Maybe you're a religious scholar who lives on other people's work. That's why you talk idealism. Do something useful man. Talking is easy. Anybody can give any advice to others when one's doesn't know what problems others are facing. Come out of this idealism and start talking like practical people.
My mom works in her vegetable garden in our backyard with long dress and Hijab. she doesn't have any problem. She does all the stuff all by herself plowing, digging watering and all the stuff a gardener must do. (thats her hobby by the way.) And what is with you bashing scholars all the time. :raging: ...give it a rest...and Islam is practical life.

-SI-

England
04-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Just wear some hotpants and skimpy top...

aamirsaab
04-03-2007, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
Just wear some hotpants and skimpy top...
She's a muslim, not a prostitute

:D

(Lighten up people)

siFilam
04-03-2007, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab

(Lighten up people)
sorry can't do that, especially when people like Iqbal_soofi is determined to bend Islam to their desire and misguide other Muslims.

wasalam
-SI-

FatimaAsSideqah
04-03-2007, 09:52 PM

:sl: Sister of Islam

I am white Muslimah too...and also went to the Mosque for Jummah prayer too..some of Muslimah women stared at me but now they used it now..I bet they will using it and get know you if you go to there sometimes..

May Allah Ta'ala reward on you!
:)

Sister of Islam

England
04-03-2007, 09:57 PM
I like iqbal_soofi's opinions. He makes perfect sense :)

siFilam
04-03-2007, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
I like iqbal_soofi's opinions. He makes perfect sense :)
you're not Muslim so yes I can see y you agree. I have a problem with Muslims trying to change Islam to fit their lifestyle of the disbelievers and polytheists.

iqbal_soofi
04-03-2007, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by siFilam
My mom works in her vegetable garden in our backyard with long dress and Hijab. she doesn't have any problem. She does all the stuff all by herself plowing, digging watering and all the stuff a gardener must do. (thats her hobby by the way.) And what is with you bashing scholars all the time. :raging: ...give it a rest...and Islam is practical life.

-SI-
Doing something as a hobby or a fashion is different than doing something for a livelihood.

I always respect the scholars. It's only because of the scholars that the world has made so much progress and development. I only bash the thugs who make money by turning people away from doing develpment and progress works. Their mission is to keep the Muslims busy in idealism so that Muslims don't catch up with the rest of the world. They're paid for this evil job. They're the worst enemies of Muslims.

noodles
04-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Doing something as a hobby or a fashion is different than doing something for a livelihood.

I always respect the scholars. It's only because of the scholars that the world has made so much progress and development. I only bash the thugs who make money by turning people away from doing develpment and progress works. Their mission is to keep the Muslims busy in idealism so that Muslims don't catch up with the rest of the world. They're paid for this evil job. They're the worst enemies of Muslims.
I understand what you are saying here and I agree in the sense that there are some 'so-called' scholars out there who mis-inform the muslims to better suit themselves. However, what had me fuming was in your other posts you were always generalizing and weren't clear in who represents who.

I do think this has gotten off topic. Sorry sis.

iqbal_soofi
04-03-2007, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noodles
I understand what you are saying here and I agree in the sense that there are some 'so-called' scholars out there who mis-inform the muslims to better suit themselves. However, what had me fuming was in your other posts you were always generalizing and weren't clear in who represents who.

I do think this has gotten off topic. Sorry sis.
I'm generalizing because I don't want to point out a few persons. It's a general trend that we've to see. When we see the areas where the religious scholars are growing more, we see the Muslims going more downwards and low not only economically, but morally as well.

I also know that just like all the five fingers of a hand are not equal. Some are longer than the others, but they've one thing common. They're all fingers and therefore, they must be treated as fingers. You can make a single golve to cover all of these. Similarly all snakes are not the same size, some are larger than the others. But one thing is common in them. They're all dangerous. As a lay man I'd generalize them and use the same comments about all of them. But an expert of snakes can classify them in many differnt ways. And just to remind you, there're still many people in this world who worship snakes.
We cannot stop them from worshiping snakes with arguments. I know that I also cannot stop somebody from blindly following the so called scholars, but I can give my arguments so to keep their potential targets alert.

iqbal_soofi
04-03-2007, 11:33 PM
you're not Muslim so yes I can see y you agree. I have a problem with Muslims trying to change Islam to fit their lifestyle of the disbelievers and polytheists.
I also don't like the Muslims who try to change Islam to fit their lifestyle. They keep changing their interpretations of Islam to justify their different lootings at different times. They thug the innocent Muslims with nothing but the name of Islam.

Snowflake
04-03-2007, 11:44 PM
What started as an innocent thread about clothing has now turned into a heated debate about scholars. I feel for the original poster. Modz, where art though?

Similarly all snakes are not the same size, some are larger than the others. But one thing is common in them. They're all dangerous.
Not that I care about who thinks what about scholars. But in defence of snakes I will say not all snakes are dangerous. Nor are all scholars!

Now please stick to the topic. Shabaash bacho!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-03-2007, 11:45 PM
OK I agree. Everyone should dress up the way as one pleases.

And that's the best way to live up.

For one "man," im not a man. God gave you eyes, use it please. I never said I was a religious scholar and yes I do chores in and outside my house without resorting to short clothing. Ive never in my life wore short shirts or shorts. What makes you think women in the time of the Prophet did not dress that way and do their house work? What makes you think women dont do it? You have serious issues generalizing everyone. You dont even KNOW me, so how dare you even bother assuming. The sister asked for advice in "finding" clothes, not resorting to "losing" clothes. Your definition of practical must be different from mine. Last time I checked, it included having some common sense. Also, when did she ever talk about working on a farm:?

I also don't like the Muslims who try to change Islam to fit their lifestyle. They keep changing their interpretations of Islam to justify their different lootings at different times. They thug the innocent Muslims with nothing but the name of Islam.
Have you taken a good look at yourself lately?

Muslim Woman
04-04-2007, 12:01 AM

Salaam/peace;
format_quote Originally Posted by Muzammil

For a revert ALLAH rewards double always... u r lucky always..

I know Allah forgives all the sins of a revert & turn the sins in to rewards.....i m already jealous of reverts because of it.

Now u r saying , their rewards are alwaysssssssssssssssssssssssss double ?????? Where is it mentioned ?

OH Allah , how can i not be jealous of reverts ? Jeslousy is increasing............:cry: :cry: :cry:

iqbal_soofi
04-04-2007, 12:15 AM
For one "man," im not a man. God gave you eyes, use it please. I never said I was a religious scholar and yes I do chores in and outside my house without resorting to short clothing. Ive never in my life wore short shirts or shorts. What makes you think women in the time of the Prophet did not dress that way and do their house work? What makes you think women dont do it? You have serious issues generalizing everyone. You dont even KNOW me, so how dare you even bother assuming. The sister asked for advice in "finding" clothes, not resorting to "losing" clothes. Your definition of practical must be different from mine. Last time I checked, it included having some common sense.

Have you taken a good look at yourself lately? You just about fit the category.

I'm sorry for my misjudgement. I didn't look very deeply at your id. That's my fault. By the way from where did you learn this word 'generalizing'? It'd be much better if you learn its meaning too. You use (misuse) the English words like religious scholars do.

For example you suggest that there should be only one kind of dress for all ladies, young and old, fat and slim, tall or short, household or working, educated or illiterate, for inside or outside, for happy ocassions or sad anverseries. On the other hand I say that there should a differnt dress for differnt needs and different ocassions. Now who is trying to be specific and who is trying to generalize?

Muslim Woman
04-04-2007, 12:27 AM

Salaam/peace;

I saw a holy man on the seashore wounded by a tiger.

No medicine could relieve his pain; He suffered much,

but he nevertheless constantly thanked God, the most high, saying,

"Praise be to Allah that I have fallen into a calamity and not into sin.

--it's really wonderful...thanks for sharing :statisfie

now back to the topic :)

*NEW* KAFTAN BLACK WHITE JILBAB CAFTAN LEISURE DRESS

price: £13.99

To Ireland -- £3.45
Royal Mail Airmail (Small Packets)

*NEW* KAFTAN BLUE MARBLE JILBAB CAFTAN LEISURE DRESS

£13.99

http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-KAFTAN-BLACK-...QQcmdZViewItem

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-04-2007, 12:29 AM
I'm sorry for my misjudgement. I didn't look very deeply at your id. That's my fault.
No problem.

By the way from where did you learn this word 'generalizing'? It'd be much better if you learn its meaning too. You use (misuse) the English words like religious scholars do.

For example you suggest that there should be only one kind of dress for all ladies, young and old, fat and slim, tall or short, household or working, educated or illiterate, for inside or outside, for happy ocassions or sad anverseries. On the other hand I say that there should a differnt dress for differnt needs and different ocassions. Now who is trying to be specific and who is trying to generalize?

Lol, we are talking about ONE sister here, who ru talking about? I never suggested anything, that is your own thinking. You suggested she dress according to how it would please others and so she does not make a fool of herself. You had me scared there cuz u spoke like only a hypocrite would, Astaghfirullah. I hope that you are not, Insha'Allah. We aren't here to please another human being, but Allah Subhana wa' ta'ala. How much she wants to cover is representative of her Hayaa.

iqbal_soofi
04-04-2007, 12:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
What started as an innocent thread about clothing has now turned into a heated debate about scholars. I feel for the original poster. Modz, where art though?

Not that I care about who thinks what about scholars. But in defence of snakes I will say not all snakes are dangerous. Nor are all scholars!

Now please stick to the topic. Shabaash bacho!
First of all I didn't bring the religious schlars into the debate. I never give them any importance at all. But when people run out of arguments, then they try to unleash the religious scholars on me. I know that they're all different from each other and they come from all different directions to put you down. But as a lay man I've only one defence against them. That is to expose them. Exposing the relgious scholars has the same affect as with exposing the termite which eats the wooden structures from inside rendering it hollow and useless. The ummah is hollow and useless these days. Thanks to the religious scholars make us shout hollow slogans and do nothing for our own development or welfare.

I agree 100% that all snakes are not poisonous. There's a very small fraction of snakes that are non poisonous. But you cannot take a risk to leave your children at the disposal of snakes on this assumption that all snakes are not poisonous.

noodles
04-04-2007, 12:32 AM
I'm sorry for my misjudgement. I didn't look very deeply at your id. That's my fault. By the way from where did you learn this word 'generalizing'? It'd be much better if you learn its meaning too. You use (misuse) the English words like religious scholars do.

The prophet also said for women to cover themselves, therefore your argument to wear 'shorter' clothes is invalid. End of discussion.

I agree that there are different types of clothings for different occasions, but the point of utmost importance is for women to cover themselves. If the clothing doesn't adhere to that, than what is the point of it(Islamically)?

snakelegs
04-04-2007, 12:34 AM
this is not to argue, but does the qur'an say anything about covering the legs? i thought the "awrah" was to the knees? :?

iqbal_soofi
04-04-2007, 12:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noodles
The prophet also said for women to cover themselves, therefore your argument to wear 'shorter' clothes is invalid. End of discussion.

I agree that there are different types of clothings for different occasions, but the point of utmost importance is for women to cover themselves. If the clothing doesn't adhere to that, than what is the point of it(Islamically)?
That's a generalized statement.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-04-2007, 12:44 AM
Umm no its not :lol:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-04-2007, 12:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
this is not to argue, but does the qur'an say anything about covering the legs? i thought the "awrah" was to the knees? :?
when we pray, i think our feet are also considered awrah in which case includes the legs. I think your talking bout in front of women. Anyway..WAY off topic now.

Snowflake
04-04-2007, 12:46 AM
lol the mind boggles.. I'm outta here.. until I can bring some islamic clothing websites :D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-04-2007, 12:48 AM
www.silkrouteclothing.com
www.aljilbab.com :D
www.fashionsera.com
got some ok stuff dere...

iqbal_soofi
04-04-2007, 12:49 AM
No problem.

Lol, we are talking about ONE sister here, who ru talking about? I never suggested anything, that is your own thinking. You suggested she dress according to how it would please others and so she does not make a fool of herself. You had me scared there cuz u spoke like only a hypocrite would, Astaghfirullah. I hope that you are not, Insha'Allah. We aren't here to please another human being, but Allah Subhana wa' ta'ala. How much she wants to cover is representative of her Hayaa.
Maybe you misunderstood me. My point is that we should keep in view the norms of our society, culture, weather, and working conditions while dressing up. I don't support wearing short clothes for women for the sake of showing themselves off. It's as bad as showing off with a lot of expensive clothes and jewlery. It should be the choice of the individuals how they dress up. But I like people who dress up decently. Some people don't look decent even when they wear long dresses and cover themselves. They use all kinds of tactics and methods to dominate others. These dominators and their dominated ones follow the same code of dress but there's nothing which can hide their indecency.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-04-2007, 01:15 AM
Thats why I say dont generalize brother. We dont know anyones intentions. And if thats really what u meant, u should have jus said it like that. What u had said before was kinda not right.
Anyways, back to topic?

Massalaama.

siFilam
04-04-2007, 03:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
awrah is different for man and woman. A man's awrah is from the bottom of the navel to the knees. While a woman's entire body is her awrah except her face and the outter and inner surface of her palms and soles. These parts of body must be covered. (Fundamental Worships in Islam)

regarding the woman's feet in Salah:

Are the feet included in the awrah of women? Are women allowed to wear for example slippers in public. Also must a woman cover her feet while performing salah?

Answer

The feet of a female is not part of her Awrah and neither is it necessary to
cover her feet in Salaat.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
FATWA DEPT.

http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...9978027c358f3a

and Allah knows best.

wasalam
-SI-

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-04-2007, 03:58 AM
^^ :O thanks for clearin dat up. I read somewhere that your supposed too.
Allahu Alam.

siFilam
04-04-2007, 04:13 AM
^^ :O thanks for clearin dat up. I read somewhere that your supposed too.
Allahu Alam.

I think in other Madhab like Shafi'i that woman must cover her feet during prayer. But I'm Hanafi and my answers were based on my school. If your school is different then you should check it out. Let us the know the answer b/c its good to know these differences.

and Allah knows best.
wasalam
-SI-

siFilam
04-04-2007, 04:18 AM
I'm generalizing because I don't want to point out a few persons. It's a general trend that we've to see. When we see the areas where the religious scholars are growing more, we see the Muslims going more downwards and low not only economically, but morally as well.
If its the few scholars who u have problem then u need to mention them. As Muslims we don't like people generalizing against us by saying that all Muslims are terrorists. Since there are groups and organization involved in terrorist activities, it is necessary for people to be specific when they mention terrorists. Otherwise it will cause more problems.
Those scholars ur reffering to, do they give fatwa that are against Qur'an and Sunnah. I've heard some scholars are giving Riba banks thumbs up in some so called Islamic countries. Are these the types of scholars u are bashing?

We cannot stop them from worshiping snakes with arguments. I know that I also cannot stop somebody from blindly following the so called scholars, but I can give my arguments so to keep their potential targets alert.
We don't, or at least I don't, blindly follow anything except the Qur'an and Sunnah. I follow any scholar whose life and actions is based on the Shari'ah . When the start straying then one should stop listening to them.

wasalam
-SI-

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-04-2007, 04:19 AM
Sis, I'm not part of a particular Madhab. I didnt know about this stuff till recently. But because im doubtful, I cover anyway. I dont know what to pick. It wont harm me if I cover. And if I dont, I dont know if im doing something wrong. So I cover to be on the safe side.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-04-2007, 04:20 AM
We don't, or at least I don't, blindly follow anything except the Qur'an and Sunnah. I follow any scholar whose life and actions is based on the Shari'ah . When the start straying then one should stop listening to them.

wasalam
-SI-

Same here.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.